In Potter's Shoes by slytherensangel26
Summary: Harry has finally had enough of his relatives' abuse and has locked himself in the chamber of secrets. To keep up appearances, Snape has been sent to take Harry's place for the summer.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dudley, Petunia, Remus, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Physical Punishment Spanking, Profanity, Violence
Prompts: Wake up Call
Challenges: Wake up Call
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 7834 Read: 59906 Published: 13 Apr 2008 Updated: 20 May 2008
Story Notes:

This story was written in response to the "wake up call" challenge set by Howlaloom.

Guys this is my first Snape and Harry fic. Please go easy on me.

1. Meeting With the Headmaster by slytherensangel26

2. Day One In the Hell Hole by slytherensangel26

3. A Nightmare and a Rescue by slytherensangel26

4. Reconciliation by slytherensangel26

5. Healings begin by slytherensangel26

6. Revenge by slytherensangel26

7. An Improved Life by slytherensangel26

Meeting With the Headmaster by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
Snape's summer plans are destroyed when he finds out that he must impersonate Harry.

It was the last day of the term...a really nice day. Old Toadie was gone...sacked. Everything was back the way it should be...yeah...right 

 Severus sank down into the chair in the headmaster's office. He had the feeling that all of his plans for the summer were about to collapse. He had just been called to the headmaster's office.  When he walked in he saw that not only was Albus there but also Minerva McGonnagal. Now he wished he hadn't come.

Harry bloody Potter had finally lost his mind. He had locked himself in the Chamber of Secrets and refused to come out again... refused to go back home to his relatives for the summer. He had just wrecked Severus' summer plans.

"Headmaster...I fail to see what you need me for. The boy despises me. Surely you don't think I can be of any help to him."

Dumbledore looked at him over his half moon spectacles. "Of course not, my dear boy. That will be for us to handle. However, for the sake of appearances, we must send someone to impersonate him. That is where you come in."

Dread filled the potion master's heart. "And what is it that you require of me? Surely, you are not expecting me to..." Severus trailed off.

Dumbledore gave him a meaningful look.

"No bloody way...I will risk my life for you any day a thousand times over...but this is a impossible task. I... No! I won't do it!" Severus went for the door.

"Severus, there is no one I trust more than you. It is only for the summer. Surely you can do this one small task for me? "

Severus whirled around. "Small task? This is no small task."

Just then Minerva spoke up. She had been the only other teacher in the room and had been very quiet the whole time.

"Severus, don't think of this as small task. Maybe impersonating Potter for the summer will give you a fresh perspective on what he goes through...the two of you have more in common than you think"

Severus looked at the aging witch incredulously. "Just what does that mean? Potter is an insufferable, spoiled little brat! He is nothing like me!"

Dumbledore cleared his throat causing Severus to once again give the headmaster his full attention.

"If you do this for me Severus, I will allow you to be the DADA teacher next term. "

Damn. Severus thought. He's got me.

Snape sighed and looked at his boss. "Very well...What do I need to do?"

***

That night Mr. Weasley and Severus (who now looked exactly like Harry) appeared with a pop at the end of the Dursley's drive way. Severus silently thanked the other wizard and headed for the house.

He hesitated at the door and finally gave it three sharp knocks. For a moment he heard nothing then all of the sudden the door opened and man with hardly any neck grabbed him by the front of his shirt and dragged him roughly inside.

Vernon slammed him against the wall and leaned into Severus/Harry's face. Severus winced...the man smelled strongly of garlic and oh Merlin no! alcohol. All of the sudden visions of Tobias Snape came rushing back at him.

"Let's get one thing straight boy. You are lucky that I let a freak like you stay in my house. You had better stay away from my son. It is bad enough you have driven him loopy. You are lucky that I don't strangle you with my bare hands. There will be no meals for a week!"

his son...what had Potter done to his son?

With those words Vernon grabbed the back of his shirt and dragged him roughly up the stairs to a bedroom. Once they got there Vernon looked at him with pure hatred and landed a well place punch to his stomach and his face and then threw Sev into his room. Sev landed roughly on the bed and fell to the floor.

When all was quiet Sev looked up slightly dazed. He tasted blood in his mouth. He stomach was hurting. He didn't want to move...

Bloody Hell, what have I gotten my self into?

The End.
End Notes:
And so the summer begins...I do hope that you are all like the updated version...thanx very much to daughter of ages for her kind advice! see you next chapter!
Day One In the Hell Hole by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
Severus learns just horrible some people can be. (This chapter features light animal abuse.)

Severus didn’t sleep well that night. How could he? All this time he had believed Harry Potter had been a spoiled little brat. But after what he had just experienced…such abuse. How could anyone sleep?

There in the darkness, he began to really reassess his view of his pupil. The boy had seemed more then a little stressed when he had arrived. Severus was beginning to wonder if Vernon’s mistreatment was partially to blame.

What was that Vernon had said?

"You stay away from my son. It is bad enough you have driven him loopy."

What had Harry done? How could Harry have driven him loopy? The boy was bound by the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction Of Underage Sorcery.

Like lightening, Severus recalled the dementor accident. Dumbledore had told him that Harry and his cousin Dudley had been attacked by dementors. Harry had cast his patronus to drive them away. And he had almost been expelled from Hogwarts.

But Muggles can’t see dementors

In that brief stint they had been guarding the school. Severus had almost run into them. What kind of effect could they have on Muggles? Their mere presence caused Potter to faint. So of course Dudley had been through the same thing…of course that could definitely caused madness in a muggle.

This thought led to another

If Harry had not cast the charm they would both be in really bad shape…they could have both lost their souls.

Severus shivered at the thought. Losing one’s soul was worse then dieing. He couldn’t bear the thought of living like a dead man walking.

Then he had a realization. Maybe if he talked…reasoned with Vernon…no that would be no good. I had not even spoken to him before being dragged and manhandled up here. Severus grimaced as he felt the small bump on the back of his head.

He was so glad that he could at least use magic. He only looked like Harry. He was not Harry. He could lawfully use magic though he would not let any one see him using magic. He silently waved a wand over the bump causing the swelling to go down.

As he did he got a look around Harry’s room. It was pretty much bare. And then for the first time he caught that dog door.

This is definitely worse than I thought. If he got fed through that dog door. If he got fed at all…no this is worse than I thought…this is almost inhuman…no this was inhuman.

How long can I possibly last in this hell hole?

* * *

His question was soon answered the next morning.

He had been sleeping better when he the lights came on with out warning and he was roughly pushed off his bed. “Wake up you ungrateful bastard! I will not have you sleeping the day away!”

Severus groaned. Then he was roughly kicked in the backside.

“Come on boy! Get off your ass and get to work!”

Severus rolled onto his back. “What am I do to today?”

“Is that an ungrateful tone of voice?”

Severus was quick to appease the man. “No of course not!”

The man huffed. You will work on this garage. Until it is spotless. Then you will weed the garden. And if it is not done perfectly, then believe me boy, you will regret it!”

“Yes sir. I will get to it immediately.”

Severus tried to get to his knees but was quickly kicked in the stomach causing him to crumple to the floor.

Severus groaned again.

* * *

Quickly Severus healed himself and hurried down the stairs. He saw a portly young man sitting at the table feasting on sausages and toast.

Severus eyed the food hungrily.

“No food for you! Not until the work is done! Now get out side!”

Severus’ stomach growled loudly as he watched the fat boy shovel the food in his mouth. Then he was roughly shoved out the door.

* * *

The garage was in disarray…boxes everywhere, a broken bicycle was leaning against the way with the chain missing. To Severus, this did not make sense to him. The Muggle’s kitchen was spotless with not a single thing out of place and yet the had a messy garage.

With anger, Severus realized that the garage had been messed up on purpose. With anger Severus began to work.

Soon he began to realize just how hot it was in the garage. And to make matters worse, mosquitoes were everywhere. He was already itching from the bites. He was really beginning to miss his potions! So with a new fervor he hurried to finish the garage.

By the time he finished his shirt clung to his skin. He was very thirsty and his back was beginning to ache.

He was just heading to the kitchen hoping to get some water to sooth his dry mouth and throat.

“Where do you think you are going boy?” Severus spun around to see a girl he vaguely remembered…Petunia. He had not seen her since he and Lilly were children.

“I was just hoping to get a glass of water.”

“No water…not until you are finished! No I believe you were told to weed the garden. Get to it!”

Severus gave her a look of disdain but he did as he was asked and headed out to the garden.

Petunia kept quite a nice garden (being a potions master he could always appreciate a garden) however there were weeds there.

As Severus worked he thought back to his days as a child. There were the hard times when he faced the incredible wrath of his father who was even worse then Vernon. But there was a silver lining in those days…Lilly. He loved spending time with her even with Petunia around.

His heart twisted in pain as he recalled all the time they shared talking about all things magical. She was his first best friend. Even then he loved her and now…her son Harry who could have very well been his had they stayed a couple had he not so royally screwed up…was subjected to abuse from her sister and her awful bastard of a husband.

He sat back on his haunches. The sun was now beating down on him… he was beginning to feel the effects of dehydration. He really needed to go to the bathroom and damn he was thirsty.

Just at that minute he heard a gentle mewing. He looked up searching for the animal who had made the sound. He felt soft fur brush against him. He looked down to see a tabby cat with markings around its eyes that looked very familiar.

“Minerva?” the cat purred. Severus looked around. No one was there.

He wasn’t able to do anything as he heard a couple footsteps approach him.

“What’s this Potter? Have you made a new friend?” Severus glanced up to see the portly teenager surrounded by a few friends…eating ice cream. Severus’ mouth watered. But he instead shoved his hunger pains aside and focused on the cousin that was speaking to him.

“What do you care?”

Dudley kicked him in groin causing Severus to grasp himself and roll over on to his stomach.

“That was for showing me attitude.” Severus found he couldn’t answer.

The cat planted herself in front of him and hissed at boy who had dared to hit him.

Moments later, he heard a screech as Dudley picked the cat roughly up by the scruff of the neck and hurtled her over the fence.

“Minerva!” Severus yelled as he heard a thud on the other side.

Rage filled Severus as he pushed himself to his feet and launched himself at Dudley bringing the teenager to the ground.

“Get off me pervert.” yelled Dudley as Severus pinned him to the ground.

“What are you doing to my son. Get off him!” came a shrill voice as Petunia ran into the back yard, Severus came to himself and rolled off Dudley.

Dudley was immediately began his whining. And Petunia of course began to tend to her son saying things like. “It’s alright Dudders…we’ll get you a new ice cream. She pulled her son to his feet and led her him to the door. Over her shoulder, she glared at him and said. “Boy get to your room. I’ll let Vernon deal with you when he gets home.”

Severus glared at the retreating couple and hastily made his way to the room.

* * *

That night Vernon beat the boy he thought to be Harry to a pulp. The beating seemed to go on forever. For the first time Severus didn’t fight back.

Soon after the beatings he heard a gentle mewing. Severus turned his head. The same cat was sitting on his window ledge. The cat looked at him steadily then left.

Severus burned with anger…damn it all! If he could just take a wand to the bastard instead of having to play the role of helpless teenager. He lay there for a few minutes trying to formulate a plan…the cat… he had seen that cat before that was obviously Minerva…she was an animagus. He was willing to bet all of his galleons that she was on her way to Dumbledore’s office.

He hoped that she would send someone soon or he was running away. In the meantime He would let the wounds remain. That way when he got out of here he would have proof of the abuse that Harry had been forced to endure…one way or another Potter would never be coming here again if he had anything to do with it.

With those thoughts, he changed clothes and climbed into the bed and soon fell asleep.

The End.
End Notes:
so what do you think?

please leave reviews!
A Nightmare and a Rescue by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
It all finally comes to a head

and there is a special cameo appearance of Tonks and Lupin! warning! alcohol is involved in this chapter!

Severus woke up again. He cursed to himself as he once again felt his body remind him of all the abuse he had endured from the horrible muggle bastard. He had never felt this much pain in his entire life. Not even from the beatings he received from his father, Tobias Snape.

How in the hell did Harry survive this? How in the hell did he do it? Did the boy have some natural magical ability to heal himself? No wonder Harry locked himself away. Severus now understood everything. He had to get out of here. Soon.

Minerva, you have to get back here. Or there will be one less Muggle in the world.

He’d be damned if he stayed even one more day in this hell hole.

With this in mind Severus reached over and picked up is wand that he had hidden under the pillow and pointed it at himself.

“Nervios impermeables al dolor.”

Immediately the pain stopped. Severus knew the spell would last not last forever…but he needed to sleep and he could not sleep when he was hurting. So then with the pain held at bay he fell into a fitful sleep.

But he didn’t sleep well.

He was bent over in the Dursley garden pulling weeds. He was so tired, so thirsty. But he ignored his discomfort and continued working. He didn’t want to get in trouble again.

“Boy! Why are you still out here. I told you to have this done an hour ago. Bloody hell! You are the laziest boy ever born!”

Severus felt his control slipping. He looked up at the man towering over him. “I have only been out here 30 minutes! There is no way I would be done by now!”

Uncle Vernon turned an angry shade of purple.

“How dare you speak to me in that tone. I brought you into my house out of the goodness of my heart and this is how you thank me?”

Severus bit back his reply and looked down at his hands that were clenching into a fist. “I’m sorry Uncle Vernon. I will be quicker in the future.”

“That’s it. Severus, I have had it with you!”

Severus looked up in shock. To his horror Vernon Dursley stood over him with a bottle of Whiskey in his oversized hand.

“What the hell?”

As Severus watched, Vernon Dursley pulled out the cork with his teeth and spit it out. The cork hit Severus on the side of the head. Severus flinched. But could not take his eyes off the man that was now changing in front of him. Vernon Dursley slowly got thinner and was now turning into none other than Tobias Snape.

“What are you staring at boy!”

Suddenly the garden disappeared and Severus found himself kneeling on the hard tiled floor of the kitchen at Spinner’s end. Severus felt his horror growing.

No! Anything but this!

He watched in fear as Tobias took a long swig from the bottle, gulping the alcohol greedily. Suddenly he stopped. Noticing the boy watching him.

Severus remembering himself, adverted his gaze and looked back down at the floor.

Glass suddenly shattered against the wall.

Severus flinched. “No! Please no!”

Now he could hear the sound of a belt flying through belt loops.

Severus could feel himself trembling as he remembered what always happened next.

Searing pain lit his flesh on fire as he felt the leather meeting his suddenly bare body.

Severus screamed. The pain seemed to be magnified this time. His screaming seemed to infuriate Tobias.

“Take your punishment like a man! Grown men don’t cry!”

Severus looked up again. Tobias’ eyes were glowing red. Severus cried out as another lash met his skin. And then other lash…and then another.

Now Severus cried in anguish as the belt met his skin time and time again.

“Tobias stop! Please.”

Severus looked up in surprise as he heard his mum’s voice.

“Mum! Help me! Please! Help me!”

Tobias sneered at him. Your mum’s dead boy. She can’t help you now.”

Severus now lost all control and leapt at his dad. But Tobias backhanded him and he landed against the wall.

Severus’s eyes sprang open. It was dawn now. And there was a pounding at the door.

He got out of bed wincing at the pain. The spell had ended hours before. He wirily answered the door.

Aunt Petunia stood before him. “You are to dress and get showered. Aunt Marge is coming today. You had better get ready.”

“Yes Ma’am.”

* * *

As Severus showered he thought back to the Occlumency lessons he had given Harry. He had seen memories regarding an Aunt Marge and also her dog Ripper.

He had heard that Harry had literally blown her up. Severus had always been just a little curious about why that had happened. He knew that it had been a manifestation of accidental magic. But he was still wondering where Aunt Marge fit into Harry’s world.

He was soon to find out.

As he came downstairs he saw HER. Severus approached the living room warily.

As if sensing her prey, Aunt Marge turned her head and her eyes narrowed.

“Why is the miserable wretch still here. I would have thought you’d have thrown him into the street where he belongs by now.”

Severus glowered at her. But kept silent.

“You’re just like your father aren’t you. A lazy little whelp.”

Severus said nothing. He closed his eyes remembering that he was impersonating Harry and Harry loved his father, prat that he was.

“No! My dad wasn’t a whelp. He was-”

Severus found himself being back handed.

“I will not have you talking to my sister like that. You had better watch your attitude boy or you will find your self in the street.”

Severus closed his mouth obediently.

“There is definitely something wrong with him Vernon. He should have been drowned the moment he was born. I am telling you, I was right all along. It is all about bad blood. There was something wrong with the bitch so there is something wrong with the pup.”

That did it.

This whole time Severus was doing his best to stay calm…but what he had just heard robbed him of all control.

He glared at the horrible woman. “How dare you speak Lilly like that! She was a thousand times better than you!”

Severus was visibly trembling with rage.

So this is what made Harry loose control.

He was snapped out of his thought as he was roughly grabbed by the front of his shirt. And was suddenly being shaken violently.

Then suddenly it stopped. Severus opened his eyes to see a wand being pointed at the back of Dursley’s head. Remus Lupin looked dangerously violent. “Minerva, It appears you were right all along. Forgive me for doubting you. ”

Severus looked all around. At the moment, the older Witch was busy subduing Aunt Marge.

“Never doubt a woman’s intuition, Remus.”

Just then Ron and Hermione came down carrying  Harry’s trunk between  them.

Molly Weasley approached Vernon with her wand out.

“It is obvious that you are an unfit guardian, Dursley. You are lucky that I don’t hex you where you stand.”

Vernon glared at her. But the look of heated fury in Molly’s eyes kept him quiet.

Petunia opened her mouth to speak but was silenced by the warning coming from Tonks, who had kept her wand trained on Petunia the entire time. Her hair had was turning an angry red.

“Not a word, Muggle.”

“Come on Severus…I trust you have had enough of this place?” asked Mc Gonnagal.

Severus glowered at Vernon.

“You have no idea.”

The End.
End Notes:
Up next: A long awaited talk with Dumbledore
Reconciliation by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
The title says it all

Dumbledore was on his way. Severus was pacing the floor of the sitting room at the headquarters for the Order of The Phoenix. There was much to report to the headmaster.

Surely Dumbledore must have sensed something was wrong…the man seemed to know everything about everything. How could the old man not know anything about Potter’s living conditions?

“Severus? Back so early?” Dumbledore stood in the door way.

Severus turned to face his boss.

“Headmaster, the situation with the muggles was intolerable. It was either I leave or they die. I thought it was best to get out of there.”

“Surely it wasn’t that bad, Severus?”

The dirty bastard Vernon Dursley is the worst excuse for a human. Do you have any idea what I went through?”

Snape did not give the ancient wizard time to respond.

"I was only there a few days and in those days I was beaten, starved and scorned. Who knows if that was all that he did to Lilly’s son. These muggles are not fit guardians! I refuse to accept the fact that you didn’t know anything about this.”

Dumbledore looked at the potion master solemnly.

“Apparently it was worse than was reported to me.”

Dumbledore sighed.

“There is still a problem…the blood protection. Without Harry there, it will fail.”

“Can’t we transfer the blood protection to another house?”

Dumbledore nodded his head.

“The burrow. Or this place. I have recently been informed that Sirius’ will states that all of the Black family fortunes are to be passed on to Harry. All of it even Kreacher are now Harry’s property.”

“And who will be his guardian now? Black is dead. Who else can we trust. Molly and Arthur have their hands full with their…brood.

Dumbledores eyes twinkled.

“NO! I-”

“No worries Severus. I need you to continue your spying duties. I was thinking about what James would have wanted. There is only one Marauder left.”

“The werewolf?”

“Yes. And his name is Remus not Werewolf. If he will agree, I think he will make an excellent Godfather for the boy.”

Severus thought this over. “Very well. Now what about Potter, he is still in the chamber isn’t he?”

“Yes, and we are no closer to getting him out of there.”

“Headmaster. I have a little secret.”

“Secret?”

Severus hissed.

* * *

Harry sat in the Chamber of Secrets. He was miserable in the darkness. But he refused to leave.

Never will I ever go back to that place. I’ll die first.

Harry glanced at the main chamber. It was the very same room where he had fought the basilisk And nearly died in the end… Would he die here now?

There is no way I am going back…not a snow ball’s chance in hell.”

Suddenly he heard foot steps. He drew his wand. (The only possession he had taken with him except for the album Hagrid have given him)

“Who’s there? Show your self!”

Harry suddenly saw a light coming toward him.

“Easy Potter.”

“Snape…what are…hold on…how did you get down here?”

By now Severus was a stone’s throw away.

"You are not the only Parseltongue to attend Hogwarts. I simply chose not to reveal that bit of news. People hated me enough with out knowing of my…talent. Not even Professor Dumbledore knew about it.. He just found out a half an hour ago.”

“Then you knew…that time at the dueling club.”

“I knew. I would have reacted differently had I not been in complete shock on hearing you speaking to the snake. Trying to be a hero.”

Harry looked at his feet. “Why are you here Professor. If you are here to force me to go back, You are wasting your time.”

Severus sat down next to him. “I came down here to retrieve you. But you will not be going back to your uncle’s house."

“I’m not?”

Severus sighed.

"You don’t know this Pot- Harry. But when you disappeared a couple days ago, I was sent to impersonate you. And I have experienced the abuse first hand. The beatings, the starvations, all of it. I am sorry that I ever thought of you as pampered brat. I know now that you are not.”

Harry was touched by the potions master's words and the apology.

“Professor, I don’t know what to say.”

“Words are not necessary. Not at this point. Now, if you are done hiding in here, I am taking you to the hospital wing.”

“Why?”

“Don’t queston me boy, Suffice it to say that after all I have experienced I am taking you to Pomfrey and between the two of us, we will get you to proper health.”

Harry started to get up but Snape put out a hand to stop him.

“Before we go, I want to know if there was anything that happened other than the beatings and starvation. Please don’t be embarrassed if there was. I know what abuse feels like. I know all you saw in the pensieve.”

Harry hung his head. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

Severus nodded in understanding. “I need to know so I can treat you. If you cannot tell me, I would like to see for myself. I promise I will not sift through anything else.”

Harry nodded and allowed Severus into his mind. Minutes later Severus drew out of the boy’s head.

As he lead Harry out of the chamber his mind was in turmoil. He could not fathom all he had seen. He had never thought people could be so cruel. He knew now that what he had experienced was just the tip of the iceberg.

* * *

Once they reached the hospital wing Severus gave Harry a spare set of Pajamas he had conjured. With that done he gave Harry a sleeping draft.

With Harry asleep on the padded examination table he summoned Pomfrey into the room to begin diagnostics.

The End.
End Notes:
I know that Snape probably wasn't a parcelmouth but I made him one for the sake of this story.

Up next, Revenge. And that is all I will say for now one last thing...i would like to apoligize for all the errors...it should teach me not to write when i am half asleep!
Healings begin by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
Severus relates his experiance and findings to Minerva and Remus.

Remus and Harry have a heart to heart reguarding Sirius' death. Oh and Remus officially becomes Harry's godfather.

Severus administered the final potion as Minerva walked in. The potions master looked up in time to see Remus Lupin come in after her.

“How is Mister Potter, Severus?”

Snape put a cork in the now empty bottle and set it down on the tray that was next to the bed.

“Damn boy…I wish he had the brains to come to me or someone…I struggle to fathom how the boy has lasted this long.”

“With all due respect Snape, I fear that Harry thought you hated him.” said the werewolf in a reluctant tone.

“I doubt he would come to you for anything…not if he fears you.”

Severus had to admit that Lupin was right. He had been a right git to the boy. Hopefully, he could find a way to befriend the young wizard. With Voldemort on the loose the boy would need all the help and support he could get.

But Severus was too proud to admit that Lupin’s comment was spot on. He pretended not to hear it and continued his sentence.

“Potter is not the proper size or weight for a 15 year old boy. He’ll need extra nutrient potions over the summer to get him to where he should be.”

Severus pulled a blanket over the now deeply sleeping wizard and led the other two visitors to the main room.

“However, we are fortunate that he has built up some muscle due to his Quittadge playing.”

Severus took a deep breath and continued his report.

“During my time at the Dursley’s house, I experienced first hand the abuse that Harry no doubt had to endure all these years. Although I have now healed my self completely of all damage done to me. I am afraid that it will take more time to heal Potter.”

Severus closed his eyes.

“There is more, while I was in the chamber talking with Potter…I was privy to the fact that Harry was abused and exploited in way’s that would make even Malfoy blanche. He will need a lot of therapy to help him overcome all this. If we expect him to one day face the Dark Lord, we need him to be strong not only in body but also mind and spirit…or the boy is doomed as well as the wizarding world.”

This new information was met with silence. Severus lifted his gaze to see a look of shock on Minerva’s face and a look of barely contained anger on Lupin’s face.

Mc Gonnagal shocked silence didn’t last for long. It changed into seething anger that would befit a mother cougar.

“I knew those Muggles were no good. I warned Albus. But did he listen to me…NO! Well that will soon change.”

“Minerva, you know that isn’t possible.” said Severus in a soft voice. “I would love to avenge my self on them, but we cannot go attacking them. We would loose our reputation’s as law abiding citizens…maybe even our jobs.”

Until now Remus had been quietly listening to the exchange between the two Professors. The heightened senses that came with his furry little problem had already told him that they were being spied on. His sensitive hearing told him about the extendable ear that was being used to eavesdrop. He could hear the slight buzzing of the speaker on the other end. And so, he suddenly spoke up.

“I guess all we can do is stay by Harry’s side and hope that those blasted Dursley’s get what they deserve…” Lupin trailed off as he walked back to the bed Harry lay in and sat down in the chair next to it.

Severus and Minerva followed him back into the room and gave him a quizzical look. Remus said nothing more and gave a grim smile.

“So, I am to be Harry’s new godfather.”

“yes, we have talked this over and you would be the best man for the job. As you are the last of the marauders, and I am sure James would be turning in his grave if I were to take over as God Father.”

There was a brief pause.

“And where will we live and what will we do when the full moon comes around?”

“Simple Lupin, I will come around with your potion and just to be sure Harry will be safe he will spend those nights at the Weasley residence.”

“I will also be overseeing Potter’s care. I trust no one else. Since I have experienced the abuse first hand, I can help him.”

I have much to make up for with him. Snape thought to himself.

* * *

A few hours later Harry woke up to see Remus Lupin sitting in the chair next to his bed.

“Good even Mr. Potter. How are you feeling?”

“Hungry…and confused…why am I in the…oh right.“

Harry quickly remembered everything that had happened.

Oh damn! They know…

Harry sat up in his bed and reached for his glasses which Remus handed to him.

“Thanks…but what brings you here?”

Lupin smiled at him. “I was summoned here by Dumbledore. And I wanted to visit my protégé. I hear you made an excellent teacher.” Lupin sighed. “If only your dad could have seen you in action. He’d have been proud.”

Harry grinned.

“Really?”

“Yes…well except for the part of walking into a trap…but if it hadn’t been for your lessons, you and your friends wouldn’t have stood a chance.”

Harry frowned at the mention of the battle. It reminded him of the fact that he had lost Sirius Black…his godfather.

“But, I got Sirius killed.”

Lupin sat up looking Harry.

“You didn’t get him killed, Harry, From what I heard, you tried to check the story with the wretched house elf Kreacher. You did what you thought you had to do.”

“we both miss Sirius…you lost your only chance to get out of your relatives’ house.”

“But Professor Snape said I wouldn’t have to go back there!”

“No, Harry you won’t ever have to go back there. In fact you will be staying with me from now on.”

Harry shot his professor a confused look.

Remus pressed on. “I can never replace Sirius. He was one in a billion but Dumbledore and I have discussed it and I am to be your new Godfather. He thinks that your Dad would have wanted you to stay with one of his fellow marauders and since I’m the only one left…” Remus trailed off.

Harry was smiling now. “That’s a brilliant idea.”

“I’m glad you think so…tonight we make it official. I will be taking the vow of guardian ship…it will make me Godfather and then the blood protection will be transferred to where ever we live.”

“And where will that be?”

"That is up to you. It seems that when Sirius died, he left everything he owned to you. You own #12 Grimmuld place, Kreacher, all the money in the bank accounts. The entire fortune…if Sirius owned it, you own it now.”

I heard that the Black family had a small little cottage by the sea not too far away. Lots of room. But we don’t have to discuss that right now.” Remus now had a mischievous glint in his eye.

“So what is this I hear about you having an affair with a certain witch by the name of Cho Chang?”

Harry groaned.

***

That evening after dinner a small ceremony took place in the headmaster’s office.

Remus stood across from Harry and they clasped hands. Dumbledore was there to perform the spell and Minerva and Snape were there to act as witnesses.

Dumbledore lightly touched his wand to their clasped hands and spoke in a soft voice.

“Do you Remus John Lupin swear by all magic kind to be Harry’s godfather…to watch over him and raise him as if he were your own son and to protect him from all harm to the best of your abilities till the end of your days?”

As Dumbledore said this tiny strands of red and gold came from the wand and wrapped themselves about the joined limbs.

“Yes.”

Remus looked Harry is the eyes. “I solemnly swear by all that is magical to watch over you and raise you as if you were my own son and to protect you from all harm to the best of my abilities. Till the day I die.”

“Do you Harry James Potter, accept this man as your godfather till the end of your days?”

“Yes.”

“Then by all that is magical I declare you Remus John Lupin, Godfather.

On hearing those words a warm glow filled the both of them.

Finally…I am free!

The End.
End Notes:
I am not sure how they pass on guardianship in the HP univers so i just took a stab in the dark (No flaming please!)

Next up! A bit of mischief and some fun.
Revenge by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
Revenge is a dish best served cold...

That night there was a meeting in the Gryffindor Common room. Remus had been right when he heard a speaker buzz. Out of worry for Harry the Weasley children and Hermione had listened in. And to say there were angry to hear of Harry’s abuse was an understatement.

All of them were besides themselves with righteous rage. No one more so than Hermione and Ron.

“I can’t believe that Harry never said anything.” Hermione fumed.

“He was more than likely embarrassed. Think of how he was when Umbridge forced him to use that cutting quill.” reasoned Ron.

“Ronnikins has a point.” replied Fred

"We men are supposed to be the heroes. And all of wizard kind calls him the ‘Chosen One.’ How could people trust him to defeat You-know-who if he cannot defeat abusive relatives?” supplied George.

“That’s why he has us.” said a new voice.

The Weasley children looked up to see their former professor standing in the door way.

“Professor Lupin? I didn’t know you were there.”

Remus grinned and strode into the room and sat down. He grimaced and made a show of making himself comfortable. “I know what you all are planning. And I must say that although I would love to see those horrible Muggles get what they deserve. To use Magic for revenge against them would be a grave mistake. To hex them in anyway would do nothing but create more work for the poor ministry workers…like your dad.”

“But Professor, we cannot let the Muggles get away with it!” protested Hermione.

“I know that they deserve it. Miss Granger. But you are underage still. And I don’t want you to get expelled. You are way to brilliant…in ways of both the magical and Muggle cultures. It would be a horrible thing to loose your wands over such a little matter.”

“It’s no small matter.” exploded Ron. “Those muggles tortured Harry. If we have to break a few rules to get revenge than so be it.”

Remus gave them all a stern look.

“That’s enough Mr. Weasley. I will be going #4 Privet Dr. to have a chat with the Dursleys tomorrow at 6 Pm. I am the last Marauder…Sirius would not want you lot to follow in our prankster footsteps.”

With those words Remus got up and walked into the doors. Then he paused. “If the Muggles can get by without magic then so can you.” and with that Remus walked out of the portrait hole.

Back in the common room. Hermione looked at the Weasley comrades and flashed a mischievous smile.

~*~*~*~*~

The next night at precisely 6pm Remus apperated in front of #4 Privet drive. He noticed to his delight that the lights were still on. He strode purposefully up the drive way and knocked on the door.

Quite suddenly the door flew open. “What do you want! You are not welcome here!” snarled Uncle Vernon.

“A word only Mr. Vernon. Perhaps you can spare a moment of your time. We must discuss transfer of custody.”

Remus strode in and hiding a brief smirk he turned to address Vernon Dursley.

“Even in the wizarding world we must do things properly.”

“And just who the bloody hell do you think you are to come barging in here!” Demanded the fat man

Remus strode into the living room and sat down in a very comfy looking armchair.

“I am Mr. Remus J. Lupin. Former Professor of the Defense against the Dark Arts, Harry’s new godfather and most unfortunately a werewolf.”

At the mention of his furry little problem, Vernon’s eye’s went wide.

“What do you want, with us?” asked Petunia

Remus grinned. "Several things. First thing…We know what you did to Harry this summer…we suspected abuse but we needed proof…so we sent our best spy to impersonate my Godson. Thanks to him we have all the evidence we need. We could do the legal thing and just turn you into the Wizard Child Protection service for abuse…but I think I find this way so much more gratifying."

"We chose our top spy for this mission, he was after all a mostly reformed death eater. Very good at concealing his true identity…we know everything and I am appalled that I didn’t find out sooner. You must be very intimidating to make him stay so quiet.

“We don’t know what you are talking about.” sputtered Vernon.

“No you have no idea what I am talking about. Remus replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Nor do you realize how Harry saved your son’s ass. Dear Dudley would have been worse than dead had Harry not acted on my lessons and cast the charm to drive away the dementors.”

“I know that poor Lilly would be appalled at your treatment of her son. You are lucky she crossed over when she died. Or you would have quite the vengeful spirit on your hands.”

Petunia looked outraged. "The boy is lucky to have a place to sleep at night. We let him stay here out of the kindness of our hearts.”

Remus sneered. “Really. And does he have to submit to your torture to repay you. You starved him, beat him and exploited him. You are lucky that it is not a full moon right now or I would happily rip your throats out and leave your entrails all over the house.”

Vernon and his wife looked petrified as Remus said this.

Remus looked at them evilly and then just for effect he bent back his head and let loose an earth shattering howl. Then turning on his heel he headed for the door way.”

He paused and turned to Vernon Dursley who was on his heels eager to get him out of his house.

“I regret that my dearly departed fellow Marauder was not here to do this…” Remus trailed off.

“What?” question Vernon.

“This.” and then drawing back his fist Remus asserted himself and socked Vernon in the mouth making the overgrown Muggle fly back and hit the floor.

Grinning with smug satisfaction Remus walked out the door down the drive way and disappeared.

~*~*~*~*

Minutes later Snape and Harry met the werewolf in the courtyard.

"What have you done. Lupin."

Remus gave them a smug look of Satisfaction. "Revenge is a dish best served cold, my dear Snape." he then winked at Harry and entered the castle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning when Vernon Dursley walked out the door to go to work he stopped and cursed loudly.

There was toilet paper in the trees, a foul smelling manure covering his steps and his windows. Some one had ruined his perfectly manicured lawn and someone had taken a marker and scrawled accusations all over his car.

Just to name a few:

Child abuser,

Freak,

Git,

Bastard,

And of course, right across the front windshield…

Courtesy of the Marauders…second generation

As a final touch someone had let all the air out of the tires.

Vernon cursed and walked back into the house, and slamming the door behind him.

The End.
End Notes:
OK so i just wanted to clarify my reasons for using this type of revenge. Ron, Hermione, and Ginny are not of age yet. Fred and George are of age but they are still bound by the statute of secrecy And just incase you missed it... Remus was subtly giving the kids hints on how to exact revenge without getting into trouble.

Any way there is just one more chapter to this story...up next

Well the final chapter is next...
An Improved Life by slytherensangel26
Author's Notes:
Alas we come to the end of the story

Remus woke bright and early the next morning and got dressed. He was in an incredibly good mood…and he was hungry.

When he entered the breakfast hall, he noticed a small little meeting going on.

“Good Morning! I trust you all slept well last night?”

Ron looked up his mouth still full! “Mmmhmm.” Hermione rolled her eyes at her…friend.

Remus chuckled and moved past them to where Harry was sitting. “Are you all sorted out now?” he asked as he sat beside his godson and looked at the food in front of them hungrily

Unlike Ron, Harry took the time to swallow what was in his mouth before replying.

“Yes Sir. Thanks to those horrid potions Snape forced me to take-”

“I prefer to be called Professor Snape if you don’t mind and if it weren’t for those horrid potions you would still be in the hospital wing.”

Harry had the grace to look chagrined. “Pardon me Professor. Won’t you come sit with us?”

Snape eyed them with distaste. “As much as I would love to sit here, I have my spot at the head table. I just wanted to inform you that I will be visiting the house later today and I will need you there so I may set up the security wards.”

Lupin smiled at the Potion’s master. “We’ll be there.” Snape said no more and swept passed them his cloak billowing behind him in true Snape fashion.

~*~*~*~*~

The cottage which Harry took to calling ‘Marauders’ Cave’ turned out to be a wonderful paradise. It was situated in a wooded area next to lake. It was a single level house with two bedrooms, one bathroom, a living room and a kitchen.

Remus was happy too, he finally had a place to live far away from prying eyes (thanks to all the anti-Muggle charms and wards) Harry even gave him the master bedroom which he painted a pale blue and had a nice set of furniture. (Remus could barely believe his eyes…not being used to such finery.) Especially with his huge queen-size bed. Which he claimed was the softest bed he ever had the pleasure to sleep in.

Harry’s room was painted in Gryffindor colors and had a full size bed. With cashmere blankets and sheets made of Egyptian Cotton.

Of course several improvements were made such as an extra bedroom being added onto the house… (for when Ron and Hermione wanted to come over)

Harry also wanted some skylights and a nice porch built into the back yard for sunny days. Which Molly Weasley provided a spell to keep the insects away. 

Just off to the side of the porch was a special memory garden that Harry and Remus planted together. There were beautiful flowers everywhere. That were irrigated by a beautiful waterfall that featured a stag and a doe that looked to be nuzzleing. The garden was full of the most beautiful lillies ever grown (thanks to Madame Spout who helped to plant it.)

Not far from the waterful was a little sitting area where Harry liked to spend his time thinking. And right next to the sitting area was a statue of a big black dog that looked like it was standing guard over the garden. At its base was the name Sirius Black  and underneath it was this  phrase:  I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

As a final touch a basement was put in…in the rare case that Remus forgot to take his monthly potion that was fortified with a titanium steel door and heavy wards.

Once a week Severus came over to make sure that Harry was taking his nutrient potions and of course they had their counseling sessions which took about and hour and half, some times more when a sore chord was struck.

Molly being herself always fussed around Harry and Remus being fed and insisted that the family come over for a nice home cooked meal…which neither of them objected to.

Those dinners often led to pickup games of Quittadge with Remus sometimes joining in. Harry noticed with happiness that the middle aged werewolf was becoming a much happier and laid back man. (especially when a certain female auror came to visit.)

Of course Harry had to acknowledge that Voldemort was still out there and he still accompanied Remus to Order meetings even though Molly still wouldn’t let him in on the meetings himself.

On the whole Harry didn’t mind as much especially with his feelings starting to blossom when ever Ginny was around. He didn’t dare say anything to Ron for surely his best mate would beat the stuffing out of him if he knew.

But still Harry was happy knowing that he would never have to face his horrid relatives again…for the first time he was definitely home

And as for our favorite potions master, he found over his many therapeutic sessions with the Potter boy, that his cold heart were starting to melt. Every session the boy opened up to him more and more. Soon Severus had to realize that they could talk quite easily about everything…even when Severus revealed how much he had loved Lilly Potter. By the end of the Summer the ‘Great Bat of the Dungeons’ had become much more human.

And it had all started with a stupid meeting.

Just a side note: The Dursley’s were so worried about their reputations that Vernon decided they all needed to move to the Switzerland.

The End.
End Notes:
I want to thank you all for reading this. It was not my best work but then I am much better at writing fluff and romance...I may not write another story for this site for at least a week as I feel that i have neglected the other site way to long. It is listed on my author page (feel free to check it out if you want:)


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1535