Dumbledore's Orders by Lotiolentus
Summary: When Shacklebolt and Snape are sent to check on six year old Harry, they are not prepared for the shock. However, someone does not want Harry to leave the Dursleys. Not AU, pretty much in line with the Original.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Charlie, Dudley, Dumbledore, Hedwig, Petunia, Shacklebolt, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11), 6th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 8333 Read: 53909 Published: 15 Apr 2008 Updated: 16 Apr 2008
Chapter 1 - Dumbledore's Office by Lotiolentus
Author's Notes:
Arabella is worried.

Professor Dumbledore's face expression changed from worried to annoyed, to proud, to amused within seconds. He was reading the latest O.W.L. results.

Suddenly a loud thump caused him to jump in his seat. He looked at the window as he was sure the source of the noise was there. Rolling his eyes, he stood up and opened the window. Errol. The old owl which belonged to the Weasleys. He sighed, shook his head and unrolled the parchment. He wondered, why the ministry wasn't paying Mr. Weasley more than minimum wage. He had seven children to raise, all of them promising wizards. Still deep in his thoughts, he read the letter:

"Dear Professor Dumbledore,

I must inform you, that after years of delay, Lucius Malfoy will be found innocent of all charges tomorrow morning. He claims that he had been under the Imperius Curse all these years. Your visit therefore, must be today, as he will be in possession of his wand from tomorrow onwards.

Yours sincerely, Arthur Weasley.

P.S. I hope Errol hasn't lost the truffels that I got for your birthday."

Albus gave the owl another quick look and saw that he had indeed lost the truffles.
With an even deeper sigh, he got paper, quill and ink and started writing:

"Arthur,

I am on my way.

Albus Dumbledore

P.S. Please reconsider my offer to get a new owl for your family."

He rolled and sealed the letter and attached the letter to Errol's foot. This is important Errol."

He whispered before he opened the window.

Today didn't seem to be one of the most pleasant days.

The door knocked. "Come in." It was Charlie Weasley. "Charlie, if this is about your O.W.L results, I did not yet have the time to read it. But I am sure you have done well."

Dumbledore looked at him and suddenly knew that this was not about the results. He spotted the small letter in his hand, delivered by ordinary post. This was never a good sign as it was not yet time for the monthly Potter Report.

"Sit down Charlie. Have a biscuit. I would offer you some truffels you know, but Errol lost them."

Charlie smiled apologetically.

Dumbledore opened the letter and his face expression became instantly serious.

"Dear Professor Dumbledore,

Harry Potter has not left the house for two weeks. I very rarely hear him either. His cousin Dudley has accused him last week of eating out the trash can and he was not allowed to leave the house since. One eye is swollen shut.. I am very worried.

Yours sincerely,

Arabella Figg."

Dumbledore stroked his beard and his forehead. Both requests had to be dealt with immediately. He hesitated for a moment before he spoke again.

"Charlie, go fetch Professor Snape. Go as fast as you can and tell him it's urgent."

Charlie nodded and hurried out the room. Dumbledore picked up another piece of paper and quickly wrote:

"Dear Mr. Shacklebolt,

Harry Potter does not seem to be looked after properly. I do not understand how he could be locked inside Privet Drive for the past two weeks without you noticing.

I order you to my office immediately.

Albus Dumbledore"

Hedwig, the most beautiful owl the school had yet seen appeared on Dumbledore's window. He quickly rolled the parchment, attached it to her foot and told her where to go. "As fast you can, Hedwig."

The owl gave a slight nod and flew out the window.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1541