Dumbledore's Orders by Lotiolentus
Summary: When Shacklebolt and Snape are sent to check on six year old Harry, they are not prepared for the shock. However, someone does not want Harry to leave the Dursleys. Not AU, pretty much in line with the Original.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Charlie, Dudley, Dumbledore, Hedwig, Petunia, Shacklebolt, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11), 6th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 8333 Read: 53911 Published: 15 Apr 2008 Updated: 16 Apr 2008
Chapter 7 - Another attempt by Lotiolentus
Author's Notes:
And guess what he sees.

Harry was just about to walk to the dormitory when Neville came running towards him.

"Harry", he panted breathlessly, "this for you."

Harry unfolded the parchment. He was tired, didn't feel well at all and just wanted to go to bed.

Potter,

come to my office at 8pm sharp. Lessons will be continued.

Professor Snape

Harry couldn't believe it. He was starving, he had served detention again and his hand was still bleeding. "I must not tell lies" was deeply engraved and he doubted that this would ever disappear. He had also missed dinner again and because of Snape he wasn't allowed to get any leftovers.

Full of bitterness, he approached Snape's office. This was almost as bad as the Dursleys.

Snape opened his door suddenly and loudly, grabbed Harry by the hurting hand and shoved him into his room.

"Potter, you would not be here. This is Dumbledore's order. You will learn until you master occlumency. You will learn how to occlude your mind. I will show you where to find the memories that have to be banished so that you are able to. Although I don't suppose a spoiled brat like you cannot have many of those."

Snape sneered before he continued.

"And be prepared. It will hurt."

Harry had to force himself not to hang his head. His hand hurt and he couldn't help checking it, it felt as if it was bleeding again. It was also slightly trembling.

Snape caught a glance of it and it eyes widened a little. He grabbed Harry's hand and looked at it, astonished.

"Brilliant sentence Potter." Snape turned around to grab a potions glass.

Harry was embarrassed. He hadn't wanted to give Snape another reason to be cheery.

He forced himself to not make a sound while Snape put the burning potion on his hand. Maybe this was a potion that actually made it worse? Harry wouldn't put that past Snape.

After a few minutes it started getting better and stopped oozing.

He did not have enough time to say thank you when he felt Snape's wand pointing directly at his forehead and shouting:

"LEGILIMENS!"

Harry tried to keep Snape out with all his force but he was unable to. A flash of him sitting in Umbridges office, his hand bleeding from having to write with his own blood came by but he pushed it away.

Suddenly he felt his stomach rumble which brought back memories. The worst memories. Harry tried to stop it, he was too ashamed to ever let anyone see, but Snape just broke through the weak wall he had built around them.

Harry saw himself sitting in his cupboard, howling and begging to get out. He was maybe four or five. The door opened, his eyes hurt because he hadn't seen light for days.
A big, strong arm grabbed him, took him out. Harry stared into Uncle Vernon's contorted smile.

"Belt." he spat. Literally. Harry shook his head and started crying even more.

"Uncle Vernon, I didn't mean to make a sound. I couldn't help it..."

Vernon took Harry's jumper off, unbuckled his enormous belt and started to hit his naked, bony back with it. Harry screamed and begged him to stop. Finally, Vernon let go and then threw him back into the cupboard. His room.

"Freak! Get up. Make breakfast. And wash your dirty sheets..."

Petunia pulled Harry and the bedsheets out of the cupboard, inspected them, gave a horrible smile and thrust them in his face.

A six or seven year old Harry with broken glasses limped to the kitchen and started to make breakfast. Everyone ate, apart from Harry who wasn't even allowed to sit on the table.

"Get your stuff washed you dirty bastard. I said no meals today. What are you doing here?"

Harry hung his head and went to the bathroom. His stomach was rumbling. He was tired. After a few minutes the large hand grabbed him again.

"Clear up you freak. What are you waiting for?"

Harry came out, crying out loud when the jumper he wore touched his bruised back. He staggered to the kitchen and cleared up everyone's plates into the bin. Petunia made sure that he didn't eat any of it. Once Petunia went upstairs to take a long, relaxing bath and Vernon went to his study to read the newspaper, Harry quickly grabbed into the bin and stole - yes, he felt like a thief because he didn't deserve to eat - some bread and gulped it down quickly. He suddenly startled, because someone grabbed his hair.

"Muuuuuuum. The freak is eating out the bin! He is eating mum!"

Vernon groaned loudly and said:

"Don't worry Tuney, I will deal with him."

Harry's face expression now was one of shock and horror. Vernon's fist hit him once in the back, once in the front. He passed out. When he woke up, he smelt vomit and blood and urine. He looked down because he thought he had wet himself. But it was blood. His side hurt so bad, he couldn't move. Something was damaged. He heard footsteps approaching him and someone said:

"Clean up the mess you made you disgusting little freak."

"STOP!"

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1541