Tears and Toddlers by Stump_Pan
Summary: Severus learns why you never turn your back on a 3 year old child.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Child fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 598 Read: 5877 Published: 15 May 2008 Updated: 15 May 2008

1. Chapter 1 by Stump_Pan

Chapter 1 by Stump_Pan

Severus Snape entered the staffroom, his ward Harry Potter hot on his tail. Grumbling under his breath about the incompetence of his students, the wizard removed his long black, flowing robes throwing it back of the nearby chair. It was shortly joined by his vest. Completely forgetting to retrieve his wand from the inside pocket of his robes he slammed himself down into his stiff wingback chair. His mood was only darkened by the sharp wave of pain that went through his lower back as he sat down on one of Harry’s toys.

Meanwhile, Harry set himself to his favorite task, empting every single toy from his toy box and laying it on the coffee table.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Severus rose to make himself and the boy an afternoon snack. He had just made it to the counter to whip up the only food the three year old would eat, apple sauce, when he heard a loud bang. The noise was then followed by the most ear piercing wail Severus had ever heard. Spinning on his heal the Potions Master rushed to the boy’s side.

Taking in the tear stained face and his wand in the boy’s grubby hand he soon concluded what had happened.

He quickly yanked the wand out of boy’s hand and placed it in his trouser pocket. He slowly tried to pick up the wailing, flailing ball of limbs that was the boy. However, the child would have none of it. After being beaten back several times Severus gave up, instead trying to comfort the boy with words. Unfortunately, this method did not seem to work. The child only cried harder and continued making angry karate like chops through the air.

For a fleeting moment Severus contemplated using the Body-Bind Charm on the boy, not only to protect Harry, by but himself and nearby furniture.

Severus decided to go in for another try and attempted to pick up the boy. However, before he could get a grip on the small frame his overly large nose impacted with a tiny fist. Severus was knocked back onto his behind. He could feel the trickle of blood coming from his nose.

At the sight the toddler burst into a fit of giggles, merrily calling out “Do ‘gain! Do ‘gain,” while clapping his hands. All traces of the previous upset forgotten.

Removing his wand from his pocket the wizard quickly healed his nose and vanished the mess from clothing.

“I’m glad you find the sight of me in pain so amusing, Potter.” He muttered darkly at the boy whose face was alight with joy. “Now that you have stopped that incessant wailing, let’s see if there is anything to warrant such a fuss.”

The wizard ran a hand against the back of the boy’s head feeling a small lump had formed there when the boy’s head had come into contact with the coffee table. He muttered something under his breath while waving his wand over the lump. It vanished in an instant. He then summoned a vial of Headache Reducing Potion and gave it to the boy. He was met with some resistance when he tried to place the vial to the child’s lips. But, after a steely glance Harry downed the vial with only a mild grimace.

Severus picked up the child to place him on the sofa where hopefully he would not get into any mischief. The toddler placed his head on the Potions Master’s chest and in a sleepy voice said, “Sev’us you funny,” before drifting off into a peaceful slumber. Severus could barely suppress a small smirk.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1554