Repairing the Damage by Kaona
Summary: Instead of the Weasleys coming to get Harry in the flying car, Snape shows up at Privet Drive to rescue him, because he did not not show up for the start of his second year at Hogwarts. Will eventually be a Snape-adopts-Harry fic.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Neglect, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 8656 Read: 52248 Published: 15 Jul 2008 Updated: 04 Oct 2010
Disagreements by Kaona

Hours later, Harry heard the stairs creak, warning him of Snape’s impending arrival. Harry was careful to make his facial expression blank, determined not to show emotion. Moments later, Snape appeared in the doorway, clutching a vial in each of his hands.

Severus held the vials up. “Take these, Potter. They will aid in your healing.” Harry give him a confused look. “Blood-Replenishing Potion and a simple healing potion,” the potions master clarified.

“Which one should I take first?” Harry asked, slightly confused.

“It will work much more effectively if you take the Blood-Replenishing Potion first, Mr. Potter,” he said with a sigh. Then, with a pointed look, he added “You should have learned this in my class during your first year.”

Harry ignored the potions master’s slight jab at his lack of knowledge in that particular subject. He grabbed the first potion out of Snape’s hand and downed it with a grimace. “Isn’t there anything you can do to make the potion taste a little bit less revolting?”

Severus sighed again, slightly exasperated now. “Mr. Potter, are you aware that I have brewed those potions specifically for your benefit and spend hours daily doing so? No, I thought not. And once again, you have proven how little attention you pay in my class. I cannot add anything to the potion simply for your drinking pleasure without it changing the effectiveness of the potion. Perhaps a review of the entire curriculum for first year Potions is needed? Now, drink the healing potion.”

With another grimace, Harry downed the last potion. It tasted even worse than the first one had. “Have you any idea when I’ll be able to be up and around? I’m tired of lying in bed all day long.”

“Your body requires time to heal itself, Potter.” Snape said slowly, as if he were talking to an imbecile.

“I know, Professor, but I’m feeling better already.” Harry said impatiently. The sooner he could get out of bed for more than a few moments, the better. Then Snape would see that his condition had improved greatly, and allow him to go back to Hogwarts.

“Well, your arm is healing nicely. The healing potion has sped that up considerably, as it should have. Your shoulder was dislocated as well, but it seems to be back in place. Your ribs, however, are somewhat problematic. One of them is cracked. I am not a trained mediwizard, and I will not fool myself into believing that I would not make matters even worse if I attempted to repair it. Furthermore, your leg is not healing as quickly as I would like it to.”

Harry nodded, not at all troubled by the extent of his injuries. He had expected them to be much worse, since he felt quite horrible still... though he would never dream of admitting that to Snape. If he admitted it to Snape, he would find himself stuck here for even longer. “Yeah, but how long until I can start doing things again? I miss Hogwarts. I miss my friends.”

The potions master sneered at him this time. “I apologize, Potter, that I am not anything similar to the company you normally keep. It must be so awful for you, laying in bed all day while I brew potions for you and serve you your meals. You will stay here until you are told otherwise. You will do as I say, because it is for your own good.”

Harry couldn’t believe Snape. I will do as he says? And he doesn‘t even care about what‘s for my own good! I can’t believe Dumbledore left me with Snape! He’s the last person I want to deal with after this! I didn't ask him to come get me from the Dursleys and bring me here! Harry thought angrily. “Look, neither of us want to be here... both of us know it. We can find somewhere else for me to stay until I’m well enough to go back to my classes.”

“Potter, the Headmaster instructed me to retrieve you from your aunt and uncle’s place of residence! You are to stay here until you have healed sufficiently!”

“I know you don’t want to be here either! Why don’t you just send me back to Hogwarts? I’ll stay in the hospital wing! That way, you wouldn't have to spend hours brewing potions for me, and you could go back to teaching!” Harry yelled.

Severus felt something inside him snap. “I do not have the time, nor the patience to deal with your insolence! As usual, you have shown just how ungrateful you are! You will not show me disrespect in my own home!” Snape practically spat at him.

Harry got himself off of the bed as fast as he could. “What do you think you’re doing, Potter? Do you want to injure yourself further?” Snape shouted, taking a swift step in front of Harry and blocking Harry's path to the door as he did so.

Harry eyed Snape angrily. “I don’t know how we've even lasted up until now without blowing up on each other. I’m doing us both a favour by leaving, so get out of my way!”

“Don’t be an idiot, Potter! How do you expect to leave here? Do you expect to use the floo with the state you're in? You would only injure yourself further and be straight back here as soon as you arrived at Hogwarts! You will stay here whether you want to or not.” Snape said coldly.

“You can’t force me to stay here!” Harry shouted angrily, desperately looking for a way to get past his professor.

He raised an eyebrow at the remarkably annoying boy in front of him. “Can’t I?” Snape asked, his voice full of sarcasm. He strode out of the bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

Harry was fuming. He had no doubt that Snape had locked him in.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1619