Selene Lily Potter: Year One by Nightshade
Summary: (AN: I wanted to try the Mini Lily challenge so here it goes.) Selene Lily Potter is literally a mini clone to her mother Lily Potter nee Evans. How will this affect Severus Snape, the nasty Potions Master?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Original Character
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Girl!Harry, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: 1st Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Prompts: Miniature Lily
Challenges: Miniature Lily
Series: Selene Lily Potter
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 18058 Read: 38586 Published: 06 Aug 2008 Updated: 28 Jan 2009
Chapter 3 by Nightshade

Sel, Draco, and Blaise wasted no time in getting away from Mimi and her gang. Running as fast as they could they headed toward the Library.

"I.Hate.Her!" Blaise snarled as he panted.

"I second that." Sel laughed.

Draco rolled his eyes. "At least you two don't have to be related to her."

Both Sel and Blaise glanced at each other. Then burst into laughter.

"Oh sure," Draco snapped. "You can laugh about it!"

"Yep!" Blaise slumped onto the floor in a fit of laughter.

Sel took a deep breath. "Oh come on Draco, even you have to adimit that Mimi's face was priceless."

Draco smirked. "You have no idea."

Again the trio burst into laughter, and giggles.

"And what, pray tell, is so funny?" A stern voice asked from behind them.

"P- Professor Snape!" Blasie got up off the floor and blushed.

Snape raised an eyebrow.

"Um- we, ah. You see," Sel's voice was weak and quiet. 'Why oh why am I such a damn coward?!'

"What Sel's trying to say Professor," Draco tried.

Snape raised his hand to silence them. "I am here to inform you; that though you did not start the fight you still took part in it. That being so, you each have detention tonight."

"What?" they shouted.

"Professor, Draco and Blaise didn't do anything," Sel began.

"What did you expect us to do?!" Draco shouted. "Crabbe, Nott, and Goyle are twice the size of Sel, we couldn't not fight!"

"And it's not Sel's fault!" Blaise shouted. "She protected us! And they attacked her, it was self-defense!"

"SILENCE!"

All three went quiet.

Snape glared. "I expected more from you Draco. You know the rules. As do you Mr. Zabini." He added. "Arguing with a teacher will be what you two serve this detention for. I do agree with you about the self-defense, however, you do know that fighting is wrong. Could you have walked away and found a teacher?"

Now that they all thought about it, they could have run to Hagrid's.

"Yes sir."

Snape nodded. " Messers Malfoy and Zabini, you will report to Professor McGonagall's office at 7:00 tonight. Miss Potter will report to my office at 7:00."

They all nodded.

Snape straitened up. "Ten points to Slytherin and Gryffindor."

"What?"

"I believe you heard me loud and clear Miss Potter."

Sel blinked.

Draco smirked and nodded his head.

"Now go outside or something. But, do not get into any further trouble." Snape said sternly.

Smiling the two Slytherins took Sel's hand and dragged the shocked Gryffindor away.

'Way to go Snape. Shock the poor girl senseless before she even starts the detention.' Severus thought to himself crossly. Shaking his head he returned to his dungeons.

***

"I can't believe Snape gave me points." Sel said as they headed toward Hagrid's hut.

"Why?" Blaise asked as he threw a rock into the lake.

"He hates Gryffindors and he hates me!"

Draco and Blaise laughed.

"No," Draco shook his head. "He doesn't hate you. I can tell. Actually, I think Uncle Sev likes you."

"Likes me?"

"Yep." Draco threw a stone into the lake as well. "You were right when you said Uncle Sev hates Gryffindors. But he just gave Gryffindor points. Or, more importantly, he gave you points."

"Uncle Sev?" Blaise raised an eyebrow.

"He's my Godfather. So I call him Uncle Sev."

"Oh."

Sel was thinking over what Draco had said though. Did Snape hate her? If so, why did he award her points?

"Are you ok, Sel?" Draco asked.

"Yeah. I was just thinking."

" Sel!" Hagrid's voice boomed.

Sel smiled and ran over to her giant friend. "Hi Hagrid!"

Draco and Blaise walked over and said politely, "Hi, Mr. Hagrid."

Hagrid eyed the Slytherins for a moment.

"These are my friends Draco and Blaise Hagrid. They saved me from Mimi Malfoy and her gang."

Blaise shook his head. "Hardly. I say you did the saving Sel."

Hagrid laughed. "Did any of ya get a good swing at 'er?"

Draco shook his head. "Saddly, no. We did get detentions though."

"Oh, well, that ain't good. And no need for this Mr. Hagrid stuff. It's just Hagrid."

Sel smirked as she noticed Hagrid and her friends got along great. After some tea and 'rock' cakes. Sel and her friends headed back to the castle. And all the way there all she could think about was her detention. Tonight was going to be...interesting.

The trio stopped at the Great Hall doors. "Well, I guess we'll see each other latter." Blaise said.

"Yeah." Draco looked reluctant.

Sel knew how he felt.

"Don't let any of those Gryffindors pick on you, Sel." Blaise said sternly.

"And you don't let Mimi or anyone else give you any grieve." Sel said.

Draco smirked and gave her a high five. "See you latter Sel."

"You too."

The trio then went their seprate ways. Each wondering how their houses where going to react to their friendship. Which had somehow gotten stronger within the time span of the day.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Hi! Snape and Sel scene is next! And I'll try and make it long for you. No promises though. Please review!
Nightshade:)


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1645