The New Kids by nixglen
Summary: Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape are summoned to appear in front of a mysterious Council. Snape is instructed to adopt Harry Potter!
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Fantasy
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No Word count: 22823 Read: 47836 Published: 05 Sep 2008 Updated: 21 Sep 2008
New Friends by nixglen
Author's Notes:
I still don’t own any of our old friends, just the new ones.

Thanks to AngelAuthor14, she really helps me a LOT!!!

Severus had enjoyed his holiday; however he was grateful to return to the castle. He had so much work to do that he wasn't even sure where to start. It was the 29th of July and Harry's birthday was on the 31st. He needed to plan a small party for the child and had not as yet decided on a gift for him. Then on the first of August the teachers would be coming to get ready for the small students that were be there soon. He still had to take Harry to buy new clothing too. Luckily, the school would provide whatever was needed, so that he did not have to worry about school supplies.

Snape also had to move to new quarters because Horace Slughorn was taking over the position of Potions Professor and would need the quarters that he and his small family were currently occupying.

Because he wanted to spend more time with his son, especially after his epiphany on the beach, he decided to take Harry with him to his office the morning after they returned home. Entering Snape's office Harry went directly to the bookshelves that covered two of the walls. Finding one he apparently found interesting he sat in one of the comfortable, green leather chairs and started turning pages. Snape, who still not adjusted very well to the sight of a five year old child reading advanced text books, just shook his head and immersed himself in his own work.

After working for a few hours Severus called a break. "What have you been reading," he asked Harry.

Harry looked over and replied, "Oh, I'm reading about turning into." When his father looked confused he continued, "you know, turning into animals. That sounds like so much fun!"

"Well, one day you may be able to find out if it is fun, but that won't happen for several more years. That is one of the most complicated and difficult spells to learn. It takes much studying and work and some are never able to make the transition, Harry," he replied to the boy who was looking at him with a sparkle in his eyes. "What do you say we have some lunch in the Great Hall, and afterwards we'll see about out new accommodations?"

After lunch they returned, with Albus and Merlin, to the pre-school wing.  After some discussion the group went to the third floor and Snape said aloud "I need an apartment for myself, my son and two house elves.“  As soon as the words left his mouth a door appeared on the wall at the end of the hall. Opening the door they found a spiral staircase, which opened up, onto a spacious room with gleaming hardwood floors and floor-to-ceiling windows on the wall opposite the staircase. There was a hall leading out of the room that revealed two bedrooms, a study and a laboratory for Severus, and two small rooms for Daisy and Dobby, which were connected by a common sitting room. All of the rooms, with the exception of the elves, who didn't need the floo, had large stone fireplaces, which were connected by floo to Dumbledore's office and to all of the fireplaces in the new wing. Severus had the password needed to make it accessible to the outside world too, so he and Harry could floo to Diagon Ally or other places as needed.

There were two large, comfortable looking couches and several chairs, all in black leather and a huge, round, glass table which sat in front of the fireplace with one of the couches and two of the chairs around it. The rest of the furniture was situated so you could sit and look out of the window at the view, which was beautiful.

Harry entered his room with the three wizards following behind him. He had a large bed with red hangings and a red and white rug on the floor. There was a small play table with chairs and a large cabinet for his wardrobe. He looked around for a moment and then with a wave of his hand the red hangings were blue and the rug was blue and white. He waved his hand again and the small play table was a desk with one chair. The remaining chairs were now bookshelves, which were full.

Severus and Albus stood staring with their mouths open, while Merlin looked absolutely delighted. With a chuckle he said, "Gentlemen, the new kids are here. It is going to be an interesting future with children such as this one for us to try to keep up with."

That evening as the new Headmaster was putting his things in the right places he heard a voice coming over the floo. Walking into the living area he saw Dr. Brown's head in the fire.  "Severus, may I come through for a moment? I'm downstairs in my office at the moment."  Upon receiving permission she stepped out of the fire holding the hand of a small girl.  "Headmaster Snape, I would like you to meet my daughter, Jaelle.”   The little girl smiled shyly at the tall, pale man looking down at her. "Hello sir, I am going to be a student here at your school," she lisped.

Jaelle had long, thick black hair that framed her small heart shaped face with riotous curls. She had olive skin and beautiful brown eyes framed with long, curly black lashes like her mother. She was acting shy at the moment; however Severus could see the mischief dancing in her eyes.

"Good evening, Jaelle," he said, "I hope you like it here. Would you like to meet my son? I believe he is about your age, he will be five years old tomorrow." Calling Harry he told him to take Jaelle into the kitchen and ask Daisy for a snack.

When the children left the room Severus turned to the gorgeous woman standing beside him.  "What a pleasure to see you again Dr. Brown. To what do I owe the pleasure of your company this evening? Is there any problem with your office, or your quarters?"

"Oh no," she replied. "Everything is fine, I just wanted to say hello and introduce you to Jaelle. Her father died three years ago so she will have to live here with me. I needed to ask if that would present any difficulties. And please call me Stephanie when we aren't downstairs in the school."

The most feared professor in Hogwart's history just stood there and stared at the vision standing in front of him. Merlin! This woman is beautiful he thought.  Gathering himself together he replied, "Only if you call me Severus. And of course she can stay here with you, a few of the students will stay here anyway. When she is old enough to go to the regular school she will be in one of the houses as will Harry, but she will still be able to stay with you whenever she wants."

In the meantime the two children were in the kitchen gorging on biscuits and hot chocolate. Jaelle looked at Harry and asked if any other children lived there. "No," he replied, "not right now, but when the term starts the castle will be full of kids, and a few of the kids who go to school in this building will stay here too. Are you as excited about going to school as I am?" he asked.

Jaelle looked sad and said "No, I don't want to go to school. I wish I didn't have to. None of the other children in my old nursery school liked me because I was different. I'm magical, and I'm a Rom."

Seeing that Harry looked bewildered she continued, "people don't like the Roma, they call us gypsies and they think that we will steal from them. Some of the people do things that they shouldn't, but not all of the Roma are like that. I would never steal from anyone, nor would I cheat them. If I told someone’s fortune I would only tell the truth. And I never mean to break things with my magic, it just happens sometimes when I get upset."

Seeing that his new friend was on the verge of tears Harry said, "Hey, it's ok. I would like to be your friend. I think you're pretty and you are very nice. And I've broken things with accidental magic too. That's what they call it when things happen because you're upset, it isn't your fault you know."

Their parents came to see what they were up to and found the two children laughing and talking as if they had known each other all of their lives.

"Goodness, Jaelle doesn't usually makes friends with anyone, and certainly not this quickly. I can see that this is going to be good for her," exclaimed Stephanie. Looking at her daughter she said, "Darling, it is time for us to go back to our quarters. It is already past your bed-time and we need to be up early in the morning."

And so, after receiving and accepting an invitation to a small birthday dinner for Harry the next evening the two most beautiful females in Hogwarts took their leave of the two most bedazzled males in Hogwarts.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1660