Like My Father by Quipped to Death
Summary: Harry wants more than anything to be more like his father. In an attempt to change himself something goes wrong and he ends up in the care of his hated Potions Master. Can they form the bond Harry has longed for his whole life?
This story is AU and will not be following canon.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Child fic, Creature!fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Profanity
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 34536 Read: 59562 Published: 17 Nov 2008 Updated: 09 Feb 2009
The Discussion by Quipped to Death

It had been a long day but mercifully Severus had entered the Great Hall early enough to avoid the traffic. It also wouldn't have looked good for his image to be carrying a pup in his arms. He would have let the boy turned wolf walk by himself but said child was only too eager to run off into mischief at the first sign of independence. No, it was better to keep him on a short leash right now so to speak.

Severus reached the staff table and sat in his usual spot. The pup in his arms had fallen asleep on the walk there. The boy had some adventure before Severus found him running about. When Draco had come back without the boy Severus' heart had done a little flip. A movement which for him would normally be categorized under indigestion.

There had only been a few minutes left in class and the students were mostly cleaning up save for Neville Longbottom. There was just no hope there. He dismissed the class early for the first time in his teaching career. To make up for it he assigned a ten page essay for the students to turn in by next class.

Draco told him right where he had lost him and when he got there he said the chant that would locate the boy through the collar. Oddly enough the boy was running past him down another corridor and so he cast Accio to bring the pup to him.

It was somewhat humorous to see a shocked expression on a dog's face. The boy had tried to run but then realized that it was futile.

He'd given the pup a spanking then. At first he thought the boy was getting his just desserts but now that he thought back on it he hadn't even asked what had happened. Oh, certainly the boy had disobeyed but Severus didn't know the why of it.

He'd been upset from the start of this episode and when he found the boy he was instantly relieved. Well, from now on he would just have to count to ten and then if he could bear it ask the boy his version of events. Severus was the adult after all.

Though if the brat endangered his life again it wouldn't matter what form he was in. He would get a sound spanking no matter the place or who was in attendance.

The Hall began to fill with students and Minerva arrived as he roused the pup from sleep and put him on the floor. Thankfully the boy would be hidden by the skirt of the table.   

"I've heard it from the source about your new pet and I'm here to tell you that I'm upset that I wasn't involved in the decision of it. Be that as it may I'm also pleased that other than myself you were chosen. Still I would have you know this; I'm very protective of my lions whatever form they take." Minerva finished.

Mindful of the child below listening, Severus avoided saying things that would cause another tantrum.

"Madam he will be well looked after. I have accepted the responsibility." He told her.

She kept staring at him in that manner that made Severus feel as if he were a young boy again.

Finally she said, "I trust you, now what is your new pet's name?"

Severus was at a loss. What could he call the boy in this form? So he said the first thing that came to mind.

"Felan, it's derived from the Irish Gaelic name Foalan. It means little wolf." He finished somewhat smug for thinking of such a fitting name for the pup.

"Well, Felan has a lesson with me in a few days. See that he makes it on time."

"Just give me enough notice." Severus said as the food began to arrive.

Down below a little dog bowl arrived with a chicken leg, mashed carrots and a bite sized dinner roll. There was also another bowl of water.

If the elves made it then it had to be alright for the pup. Severus had to hide a snort in his napkin when he noticed a dog biscuit on a separate plate.

The boy wasn't fooled though.  With his sensitive hearing he had heard the snort for what it was. He started growling at his guardian to speak of his displeasure.

"That's enough Felan. You're eating the same as everyone else so cease that noise."

Potter put one paw on the plate with the biscuit treat and gave a single bark.

"I'm certain one loud mouthed friend of yours would eat that without even looking at it. You don't have to eat it if you don't want to but the rest you will finish every bite of. Now get started." Severus finished in his stern voice.

Potter gave one more reluctant sniff at the treat before tearing into his meal. It was revolting to watch so Severus turned to his own food.

From a side glance he noticed that Minerva was giving him a crooked smile.

"I take back my rudeness from earlier Severus. You're off to a fine start." She told him with a smile.

A bit flabbergasted Severus continued eating his meal.

*****

Harry was enjoying the chicken even though it was messy and a bit hard to manage with the nose he currently had.

The dog biscuit was going too far. He really wanted a cupcake or something sweet.

While he was eating he thought about what the adults had said. Apparently McGonagall hadn't known about his new living arrangement but was willing to leave things as they were.  Still, her saying she would protect him was nice to hear.

He didn't really know what to think of the new name other than he'd have to remember to answer to it. Though really when you gave a small creature a name did they immediately know that it was there's?

Just to keep his bottom from a smacking he would remember it. Snape didn't like to be ignored and it would probably come off as disobedience if Harry did forget.

Felan, it's in the vault now. Do not forget Harry!  

Sometimes telling himself these things helped him remember.

At this point he'd finished his meal and all he had left was the biscuit.

He said I didn't have to eat it. Harry thought while sniffing the "treat" disdainfully.

Experimentally he licked at it.

Well I do have to play a part. Best to keep up appearances at all times.

Since no one was watching now Harry nibbled at the treat tentatively. To his surprise it actually tasted pretty good. Like a butter cookie really. He gobbled it down with Ron's speed licking his chops and wondering how he could get a second one.

"Seems you enjoyed that treat Felan. Now I know what to give you when you've earned a reward." Snape said with a smirk, leaning down over him.

Harry decided to let it go. There was no sense in arguing. Snape wouldn't understand dog anyways.

"My but you've made quite the mess of yourself. Let me clean you right up." McGonagall said as she picked him up to put him in her lap.

"Minerva all he needs is a quick scourgify." Snape started to say grumpily.

"I do not mind in the least Severus." She said as she wet a napkin in her goblet and dabbed at Harry's face.

"There now, clean as a snitch and ready to fly it seems." She said as she put the wiggling pup down.

That was embarrassing! Doesn't she know I'm 15? Harry thought indignantly. His friends had probably seen that. Oh well, they wouldn't make fun of him for it, maybe.

Harry walked over to the skirt covering the table and stuck his nose under it and managed to get it over his head with some maneuvering. He wanted to see if there were students still in the hall.

There were only a few stragglers.

Darn, I thought I could just see Hermione and Ron.

Suddenly he was tugged from behind into strong arms.

"We're leaving Felan." Snape said as he began walking down the rows and out of the Great Hall.

"When we return to my rooms you will be getting a bath and will go straight to bed for your behavior earlier today." The man said as they glided down the corridor.

He looked around before saying, "We will have our conversation before you go to bed though."

Oh Drat! Harry had forgotten all about that.

They entered the rooms minutes later and Snape pulled the collar over Harry's head once the door was shut. Harry thought he would be put down but Snape continued to carry Harry into the bathroom.

"I already got a spanking!" Harry squeaked out in a panic.

"I'm merely putting you where you belong for the moment while I fetch your sleeping attire." Snape said while placing Harry on the closed toilet lid. He also started the water going for the tub with a swish of his wand.

Harry sat there wondering if he should get undressed when the man came back in with flamboyant red pj's. They were covered in different dragons that spat fire from time to time and flapped their wings. They looked more like Fred and George's than Harry's current pj's.

 "The Headmaster's idea of five year old attire I assure you. Now strip off and get in the tub." Snape ordered.

"You gonna watch me the whole time?" Harry asked offended but at the same time taking his shirt off.

"There's nothing you have that I haven't seen before young man and mind your cheek. I'm going to go grade a few papers. You have 30 minutes to finish your bath-time needs. Everything you need should be laid out. You will call me when you're all finished. Understood?" Snape asked.

"Yes sir." Harry said quietly.

"Good. Do not make a mess." Snape said and left leaving the door open.

"Humph." Harry said grumpily.

He set about washing himself in the tub. He was still becoming accustomed to his younger body. Everything was so much smaller. One positive way of looking at things was it certainly made bathing a quicker process than usual.

And to think I was just starting to really grow before all of this. Now I have to wait all over again. Does that mean I'll have a 15 year old body when I'm 30?

That was a disturbing thought so Harry let his mind wander to Quidditch while finishing up his bath. He brushed his teeth and hair before using the toilet. Then he hung up his towel on the rack.

Well, nothing for it now. Just better get it over with. It's not like I'm not used to being yelled at and hit. I can take another smacking. I'm a Gryffindor after all.

Despite being a Gryffindor Harry was somewhat reluctant to enter the living area. There was Snape scribbling away dashing his quill against the page in angry slashes while muttering to himself about idiotic children.

Without turning around he called out, "I thought I told you to call me when finished Mr. Potter?"

Harry flinched, "Sorry sir."

"Well it matters not where we have this conversation. Go and have a seat on the sofa." Snape said while finishing up his paperwork.

Harry chose to sit in the center and waited while the man came over.

*****

Severus stacked his work neatly before leaving his desk. While the brat had been in the tub he thought on how he should go about speaking to him. The events of the day had worn him down. From Draco's conversion, classes and finally searching for the missing pup it had all just made him aggravatingly tired.

He'd already punished him for the disobedience of running away but they still needed to talk about it. They would start there and work their way backwards.

He pulled a chair to sit directly in front of the boy. This seemed to bother the child. He wiggled back until he was as far away from his guardian as possible.

"Mr. Potter we will begin this conversation with maturity and honesty." Severus began.

"Yeah right..." Potter mumbled under his breath.

"I assure you I can always add on to your punishment for rudeness should you continue in that vein young man." He threatened.

"I already got spanked today what else do I need to be punished for?" The child questioned angrily.

"If you will calm yourself we will begin with that incident." He told him.

"Fine." The child huffed and crossed his arms over his chest averting his eyes down and away from Severus.

"I will wait until you are ready to comport yourself with maturity." Severus told him.

"What? I'm quiet and listening. What do you want me to do?" Potter nearly yelled.

"For starters you can adjust your volume because I can assure you from my position I can hear you quite well. Secondly, there is no need for your defensive posture. We are merely going to have a conversation." Severus said as calmly as possible. His cauldron was just about ready to boil over.

"Yeah you keep saying that but we both know I'm going to get lectured, smacked and sent to bed so why don't you just get it over with?" The brat ground out angrily.

No wonder he will not accept a speaking truce. He believes I'm just going to smack him and send him on his way with a fierce reprimand. I suppose I haven't shown him different in the past.

"From this moment on Mr. Potter I've decided we will talk before I administer any punishment. You will fully be able to defend yourself and be able to present as much evidence in your defense as you choose. Just know that I will be judge and jury in any case." He told the boy.

It looked as if the child was contemplating what he had said before he finally spoke.

"What does it matter what I say? You hate me and you'll just yell and smack me all the same." Potter said dejectedly.

Severus wasn't terribly shocked at this admission. He had spanked him before and he'd been upset with the boy.  He could not recall yelling at Potter only his stern way of speaking. Something deeper was going on here for the brat to be so upset. For some reason Severus felt moved to refute the child's claim.

"I do not hate you." He said plainly.

Potter looked at him with mouth agape, "You...you don't"? He asked skeptically.

"I do not like repeating myself but no I do not." Severus told him.

"But you did before right?" The child tried.

"It was misplaced," Severus told him with reluctance.

"Not hating me doesn't mean you like me anymore," the child said quietly.

"I could very well say the same to you," Severus said.

"Well I don't think I hate you but I'm also not sure I like you either," Potter sighed then braced himself for some reason.

"What are you doing? I'm not going to hit you," Severus told him appalled.

 The child relaxed slightly.

"Sorry, just a reflex I guess," Potter said.

"If you are going to receive a spanking from me it will always be on your bottom. Nowhere else and like I said before you will be able to speak your side of things," he said.

"Now as to liking or not liking; we'll have to work on it. I'm not a people person by nature and to be honest this will be difficult but I'm willing to find common ground on the matter. Do you agree to work on it as well Mr. Potter?" He asked Potter.

"Well I guess I could as long as you call me Harry. I'm in trouble when it's Mr. Potter." The child said cheekily.

"Oh but don't you remember? You are in trouble Mr. Potter." Severus reminded him with a smirk.

"You said I could defend myself," Potter rebounded looking nervous.

"Very well, you may begin your defense starting with why you disobeyed and ran from Draco this afternoon," Severus said calmly sitting back in his chair making himself comfortable.

*****

 Well this is definitely different. He's actually going to let me have my say. Does it really matter in the end though? I'm still going to get smacked no matter what I say.

"Well, at first I was just glad to be able to run about a little. Every time I transform I get really excited and I have all this energy that I just don't know what to do with," Harry started.

Snape nodded for him to continue.

"So Draco was taking me and I really had to go and there was no time to spare." Here Harry paused remembering that he had bitten Draco to get down.

"Go on," Snape said.

"Well, I sorta bit him to let me down. It was either that or an accident," Harry finished lamely.

Snape shifted in his seat. "That does not explain why you ran from him," he said.

"Well I was excited and I was just trying to get him to run after me. I was going to come right back. I just wanted to have a bit of fun. I haven't really been able to get out and about much lately," Harry said.

Snape looked like he was contemplating something for a moment before he said, "Is that your reasoning for putting yourself in danger?"

"I didn't think I was in danger," Harry pouted.

"Well you could explain where the cuts to your face came from," Snape said.

"Oh those were from Mrs. Norris. If I were big again I'd kick her a good one," he said grumpily.

"Pray tell, when did you encounter her?" Snape asked while steepling his fingers together.

"Well, when I ran from Draco I went and hid in this empty classroom. That's where I ran into Filch and that dumb cat. He was gonna take me down to his office and he set that fur ball on me but I got away. That's when you found me," Harry finished quietly looking away.

"Look at me Mr. Potter," Snape said.

Harry looked up.

"Do you think that you would have had the run in with Mr. Filch and his cat had you stayed with Mr. Malfoy?" The man asked.

"Probably not," Harry had to admit.

"Do you believe you would have received a spanking had you not disobeyed my rules and put yourself in danger?" The man further asked.

"No." Harry said quietly realizing he had made some mistakes today.

"Well, I have just one more question for you Mr. Potter," Snape said.

Harry looked at him waiting for it.

"Do you believe you've been punished enough for this transgression?" Snape finally got out.

"Huh?" Not the most elegant utterance but Harry was too shocked.

"I asked you to tell me whether or not you've been punished enough for this transgression," Snape repeated.

"I...I guess so," Harry stuttered out.

"Don't you think Mr. Malfoy deserves an apology?" Snape asked.

Harry struggled with that. The answer to that was probably yes if Harry wanted this conversation to be over anytime soon.

"I guess so but he said he wanted to have me put to sleep!" Harry tried to argue.

"After you bit him," Snape said.

"How'd you know that?" Harry asked.

"I have the means to know and it's best you know that now," the man replied smoothly.

Creepy that. Harry thought.

"You will apologize to Mr. Malfoy and you will write one hundred lines that say ‘I will not bite anyone unless they are a threat to my person'," Snape continued.

"That's it?" Harry asked stupidly.

"Who else to you think deserves an apology Mr. Potter?" Snape asked.

The only person he could be talking about is him. I did disobey his rules. This is really hard though. I don't want to apologize to the git who spanked me!

"I'm sorry sir for disobeying you," Harry got out without grinding his teeth.

"I realized before that I laid down a lot of ground rules and you may have been a bit overwhelmed. I did not put them in place to torment you. They are there to keep you out of trouble but mainly to keep you safe." Snape said.

"I understand I guess," Harry said.

"So the case of running away is closed now on to previous grievances."Snape said.

"Uggghhh," Harry said while falling over on the sofa.

It wasn't late but for some reason he was really tired and just wanted to go to bed.

"Mr. Potter we will finish our discussion now sit up." The potions master instructed.

Harry sat up making himself comfortable for the long stretch that would surely be another hour of lecturing.

*****

Talking civilly with Potter wasn't as horrible as Severus once thought. They were speaking about his abominable behavior so it couldn't get any worse.

"The only thing that remains for us to speak about was your little tantrum you threw this morning," Severus stated.

"Do we need to? You said you weren't angry for that anymore," the child whined slightly.

"I am no longer angry. We are talking about it so that future incidents can be averted," Severus told him.

"I want you to take a moment to think back on why you felt the need to yell and scream and tear out of the room like a bat," Severus said.

"It was you..." the child started to say before Severus interrupted.

"Regardless just sit still and think for a moment." He told him.

Severus gave him a few moments to contemplate his actions.

"You may speak now," Severus said.

"I just got really angry and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't really control it I don't think. I just wanted to run away," Potter said quietly.

"I see. I am as much to blame for that I suppose. I spoke harshly," and that was all Severus would say in apology.

The child nodded that he accepted that.

"Now to the punishment," Severus said.

"What? You just said that you were just as much to blame!" Potter screeched standing up on the sofa pointing an accusing finger at Severus.

He cannot control his emotions. I suppose that would be understandable. Still he needs to learn control.

"Potter, go stand in that corner," Severus told him calmly.

"No, I won't!" Potter said as he quickly stood up on the sofa and stamped his foot.

Severus grabbed him up quickly landing three swift swats to the child's covered bottom then put him on his feet.

"What did I say about disobedience Potter?" Severus asked while walking the child over to the corner.

"Not to?" The child asked a bit breathless.

"And that you would receive a spanking if you did. Now you will stand here and get yourself under control. When you can comport yourself as a rational thinking person we will continue our conversation. Do you understand?" Severus asked.

"Yes sir." Potter said on a sniffle.

Severus left him to go back and sit in his chair. This was tiresome. Earlier it felt as though they were getting somewhere. Potter really needed to do something about his attitude. It was probably left up to Severus to correct it though.

Severus cast Tempus to see how much time had gone by. Three minutes wasn't enough time apparently because Potter was sniffling and rubbing his face and bottom at the same time.

He picked up his favorite potions magazine and began perusing the articles within.

Five minutes later the child was finally quiet and apparently tired because he was leaning into the wall.

"You may come over here now Potter," Severus told him.

The child walked over very slowly and took some effort to climb up on the sofa.

"Why do you think I asked you to go stand in the corner?" Severus asked him.

"I dunno." Potter said quietly.

"Yes you do, now think about it a moment. What were you doing before I asked you to go over there?" Severus asked.

"Uh...I was standing on the sofa and tellin you somethin," He stated.

"And you were stamping your foot and screeching like a banshee in my face," Severus said.

"Well you were gonna smack me again and you did," Potter reasoned.

"Only because you would not go to the corner. Had you simply gone over there you would have avoided the spanking," Severus said.

"Oh,"

"Indeed," Severus replied.

"From now on when you feel angered you are to count back from one hundred until you are able to control yourself," Severus told him.

He received a nod for this and let it go at that.

"Now before I was interrupted so rudely I was going to tell you that your punishment would be more lines but I think a page essay on how to control your temper would be more prudent. Also we will be having a reflection time before bedtime each evening. I do this already but I feel it would be good for you as well," Severus said.

"Is this acceptable Potter?" He asked the droopy eyed child.

"I guess so." Potter said.

"Do you find fault anywhere in my way of thinking?" Severus asked him.

The child made a face as if to say something then said, "No sir."

"Good. Now I do believe it is time for you to be going to bed. Off with you." Severus told him.

Potter looked hesitant then wriggled off the sofa. He walked a bit of the way towards his room then stopped and turned back.

"Would you spell the nightlight on in my room?" He asked.

Severus turned from his magazine that he'd picked up when the child got up.

"Are you afraid of the dark?" Severus asked him.

"No!" The child said then ran to his room.

I have a feeling I will not have another peaceful night for the rest of this school term. Severus thought.

With a sigh he got up to go address the child's issues with the dark.

*****

Harry dove under the covers of his new bed and wriggled to the center with his pillow.

Stupid Snape! He gets to make all the rules and I have to do whatever he says. Then he won't do anything for me. Stupid Git!

He didn't want to cry but it couldn't be helped. It'd been a roller coaster of a day and who knew what tomorrow would be like.

The door to his room opened and Harry looked up to see his dreaded guardian.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just wanted the light on!" He said while burying himself under his covers and pillows.

From under his shelter Harry could see the light on his nightstand come on.

"I suppose the new accommodations need getting used to and one wouldn't want to bump into objects in the night should one have to use the restroom." Snape said as he sat on Harry's bed.

 Harry moved away when the bed dipped for the man.

"This has all been a bit much for you," the man started, "but I wasn't lying when I said I was willing to work on a ...truce if you will...Harry." Snape said.

Harry was shocked. The man had never called him by his first name before. He sat up slowly and pulled the sheets down.

"I don't punish you because I enjoy it. I want you to grow to be a rational thinking adult. You have to do that by controlling your emotions and speaking your mind with patience. Do you understand?" Snape asked.

Harry did and he nodded his head.

"Words Mr. Potter." Snape said without heat.

"Yes sir. I understand now." Harry told him.

"Good, now go to sleep. We'll have another long day tomorrow I'm sure. Hopefully without adventure if possible." The man said while patting Harry's head.

Then it seemed as if he realized what he was doing and he quickly got up.

"Good night Potter. I will wake you at the proper time tomorrow," the man said before leaving Harry's room.

Too confused to think anything of the head pat Harry laid down to get more comfortable.

Hopefully there would be adventures tomorrow. Only Snape would wish a day without adventure.

One adventure Harry looked forward to was getting even with a certain mangy cat. He went to sleep with a smile on his face.

*****

Severus walked to his sitting room and picked up the magazine he'd previously abandoned.  He then summoned his favorite wine and glass to have with his reading material. He was getting quite comfortable when his floo flared to life.

It was the headmaster. "Severus may I come through?" The man asked.

"Certainly Headmaster." Severus told him.

"Thank you and you know you are to call me Albus in private," he said .

The man came through and took his usual seat there in front of the fire next to Severus.

"I've come to see how things are going with you and your new young charge." The man asked.

Ah...a report. He's come to see if I've killed the brat. As well I should have for the grief he's caused me. Despite all that things may be looking up from here.

"He's still living and breathing as you saw at dinner." Severus said.

Albus chuckled, "Of course dear boy. I merely came to inquire whether or not you are in need of anything."

You've just come to ruin my quiet time. You want me to spill my spleen and tell you how miserable I am. I think you find amusement in it. Well not tonight sir. Though I could equally turn the tables I think.

"I do have a question you could possibly answer." Severus said.

"Ask away. I am at your disposal," Albus replied.

"What do you know of Potter's relatives?" Severus asked.

The twinkle left the man's eyes for a moment before he sat up in his seat to put his hands together.

"That is a long story indeed. One I'm not sure could be told in its entirety unfortunately. Not unless you ask all parties involved. I can say this much though, they have no love or like for anything beyond the norm of an average muggle." Albus said in his manner of speaking riddles.

"I'm not sure what you mean Headmaster." Severus said despite having the niggling feeling he knew exactly what the man had meant.

"Do you recall the conversation we had not too long ago where I told you that Mr. Potter and yourself have quite a bit in common?" Albus asked.

Severus nodded. He did recall and the wine he had drunk was churning in his stomach at the implications of what Albus was saying.

"Why would you send him there then?" Severus asked knowing the man had a reason for everything.

"Bloodwards." Albus simply stated.

"There was no other way?" Severus asked.

"I would not have sent him there had there been another option." Albus told him.

Severus rotated the wine in his glass. "What happens when the school year is over? Will he need to return to them?" Severus asked.

"Possibly, though we may need to make new arrangements. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Albus told him.

"Till then do try to get along." Albus admonished.

Offended Severus spoke somewhat icily, "I'll have you know Albus that the boy and I are on speaking terms. I no longer dislike him as much as I did before. He's disobeyed me a few times today and we've already dealt with it."

"Well, that is good news then. It's good that the two of you can look past your previous differences." Albus told him.

"Now I feel I should tell you of a different matter. Young Mr. Malfoy has agreed to spy for the Order." Albus said.

Severus dropped his glass and it crashed into hundreds of pieces on the castle floor.

"Are you out of your mind?!" Severus roared.

"Severus, calm yourself please and let me explain." The man said while waving his wand to place a silencing spell over them.

Severus sat but was on the edge of his seat staring at the old fool in front of him.

Not Draco. Not my godson. I was so proud and relieved when he decided to switch sides. How can I keep him safe when he'll be in mortal danger every minute?

 "He will only do so through correspondence. I've already devised a plan that will keep him at school over the winter holidays. He will be completely safe Severus." The man said slowly.

Severus gave a sigh of relief.

Draco was an average Occlumens but there was no way he could put up with an assault on his mind from the Dark lord.

"He could still be in danger though. There are many would be initiates within my own house I'm ashamed to say. One wrong move and Draco could be taken up by any of them and shipped off to the Dark lord himself." Severus said.

"That is why Draco will report to you his findings. You will tell him what to do to keep himself safe." Albus said.

"I just don't see what the need is quite frankly. His only correspondence would have to be with his Father. Lucius does not give that kind of information to the boy." Severus tried to plead.

"Every little bit helps." Albus told him.

"Do I not keep you informed enough?" Severus asked.

"Certainly my boy but the body still needs eyes and ears should the hands be cut off." Albus said.

Severus was flabbergasted. He saw where this conversation was going. Nowhere, that's where.

"I understand Headmaster." Severus said reluctantly.

"Good, good. Now I believe I am ready for my nightcap. I shall bid you a good night Severus." Albus said while walking to the floo. He threw the powder in and was gone without a glance backwards.

What will come from letters? Severus thought.

He was getting nervous over nothing. No one would reveal anything through letters. It was too risky.

He waved his wand to clear up his shattered wine glass and left the room to turn in for the night.

This would be a very long semester. This day alone had felt as though it added years to his life.

Well, hopefully tomorrow will be without the hustle and bustle of today. Severus pleaded from within his mind to the universe as he spelled the lights off.

 

 

To be continued...
End Notes:
Sorry it took so long to those who were waiting. I wasn't too sure about the flow of this chapter. Please tell me what you think! Oh and for those who were wondering, the adoption will be coming in the next couple of chapters.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1713