Biscuit by jflame
Summary: Harry Potter has a accident with the Animagus Transformation. He can't change back and the only one who can help him is one Severus Snape, but will he help Harry?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Hermione, McGonagall, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Creature!fic, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 2879 Read: 12976 Published: 17 Dec 2008 Updated: 26 Mar 2010
Chapter 2 Agreement by jflame
Author's Notes:
Words in italics are thoughts.
Chapter has been edited and spanking has been removed.

Biscuit woke up and stretched his small body. It felt strange, actually this whole situation was beyond strange. By rights he should be angry with Snape for not changing him back but he wasn’t.  Listening to Snape telling McGonagall that Harry had gone on a trip was a great idea. No reporters from either newspaper, nobody staring at him as the boy who defeated Voldemort again, no catch up lessons, none of the boring stuff or the over exciting stuff. Just freedom to do what he wanted for once.

“No! What have you done Biscuit, how dare you chew my wand! Bad dog!” Umm... well almost free.

Snape stalked over to the basket where Biscuit had spent the night and waved his mangled wand at the puppy. “You flea bitten mutt. Are you crazy? You could have blown yourself up.” Biscuit looked up at Snape and wagged his tail.  Maybe if he gave Snape that adoring, big eyed, love me I’m a puppy look he would forget about his wand.“And don’t give me that look, it won’t work on me.”  Glaring down at the disgustingly cute little thing, Snape shook his finger admonishingly and tutted in annoyance as Biscuit snapped at it. Reaching down Snape picked Biscuit up and tapped him smartly on the nose. It didn’t really hurt but Biscuit yelped anyway. Giving a dry laugh Snape set him down on a table and pulled out a small phial of purple potion.

 “Pay attention Pott..Biscuit, I know it’s impossible for you but try anyway,” Biscuit growled softly, “ this is the potion to change you back..”  Snape had barely started explaining when Biscuit lunged for the phial and knocked it out of Snapes grasp.  Barking joyously as the phial soared over Snapes head and down, down, down to the floor where it didn’t break into a million pieces!  Smirking at Biscuit Snape reached down and picked up the phial with a small chuckle.  

“Basic unbreakable charm, it’s no use Potter I have to change you back. Your bloody friends think I’ve murdered you. That Granger girl won’t stop pestering me about you.”  Biscuit backed away to the far end of the table. He didn’t want to be Harry again, not yet. What made the whole situation really weird was that Snape actually sounded sad, maybe there was hope after all. All he needed to do was talk to Snape and explain... somehow.  Inching towards the man slowly, Biscuit laid his small puppy head on Snapes hand and licked his wrist.

‘What am I doing?’ Snape thought as he absently stroked Biscuit’s soft head. ‘I’m an ex-death eater not a dog person. Anyway he’s Potter not Biscuit he has to go back.’  Shaking himself into shape Snape un corked the Phial, tilted Biscuits head to the side and poured the potion down the puppies throat. Snape grabbed the puppy off of the table as Biscuit began to shake and whine in pain and placed him on the dungeon floor. 

In a flash of blue Biscuit disappeared and the shaking form of Harry potter lay in a heap at Snapes feet.Snape snarled angrily at the boy who lived to make his life unbearable. Yes he was defiantly preferable as Biscuit. “Get out Potter!” Snape spat with venom.  Then Harry did the strangest thing. He looked up at Snape and smiled.  Not a normal ‘thank you for changing me back’ smile but a ‘I have a plan smile’.

“No Potter! Whatever it is my answer is no!”  Oh no, Snape wasn’t about to be pulled into one of Potters half baked schemes, nope, nada, no way in hell.

“So here’s my plan Sna..er Professor. I don’t want to be Harry Potter at the moment so I will....” Harry stopped as he saw Professor Snape smirk evilly.“And if I let you remain as Biscuit what do I get out of this arrangement?”  Harry gazed at Snape. Was the snarky git actually human after all. “Well, you already know I’m the best cauldron cleaner around. And I can slice a mean Shrivelfig.”  Harry answered as sweetly as he could which was hard when you consider that he was talking to Snape.

 Folding his arms across his chest Snape looked down at Potter with a gleam in his eye. Potter wasn’t the only one who could think of a plan on the spot and If they had to have a plan they would have one that would actually work.“Here is what will happen Potter. You will write a letter to your friends and Headmistress McGonagall explaining why you left in such a hurry and why you gave Biscuit to me. I will allow you to remain as a puppy Potter but you must do as I say or I will turn you back and you will not like the way that I choose to punish you. In the evenings I will turn you back into Potter so that you can complete your Animagus training. And you will be severely punished for stealing that potion from my stores. You will with my instruction continue to study for your end of year exams, your mother would be appalled to think of you leaving school with no qualifications.” Snape moved over to the lounge area and motioned for Potter to follow. 

"But Sir, how will I get my assignments?" Harry asked and then immediately bit his tongue as Snape fixed him with an incredulous glare.“Potter do not show your ignorance so freely, you will for all intensive purposes be living with a Professor. You will study and complete all of your class work at the times when you should be in class but here in my chambers. If you wish for any assistance you need only ask. This is a onetime only offer Potter, I will not waste my time on you if you continue along the same path that you have been walking for so long.” Snape sat back in his arm chair and waited for an answer.

Potter seemed to be searching for a loophole but there were none to be found. “You said something about punishments sir?” Harry asked quietly.  Snape smirked. “Yes Potter. You know that I knew both your parents and while I detested your Father I liked your Mother immensely so I will punish you in exactly the same way that she would have. For example loss of privileges, grounding, lines and for the more serious misdeeds you will be my personal lab cleaner or anything else that I deem mundane enough for you to work at.”  

‘Ha, let’s see what the little brat thinks about that’  Harry stared at Snape. ‘He knew my mum well enough to know the kinds of punishments she would set? I wonder what Dad would have done?’ “OK Sir, I agree.” Harry answered after thinking a while.   

To Say that Snape was shocked was an understatement but he managed to keep his face straight as he nodded in acknowledgement. 

 

To be continued...
End Notes:
Thanks for all your reviews but I would love some more.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1732