Her Secret Obsession by Ponytail Goddess
Summary: AU Sevitus. What if Lily never died, but never revealed herself to Harry either? Slowly piece together the mystery of Severus' half-hearted relationship, Harry's parentage, Lily's job, and the truth about James in this time travel fic.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Misc > All written in Snape's POV, Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, James, Lily, McGonagall
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, Mystery
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Baby fic, Child fic, Time Travel
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry), 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11), 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Profanity, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 22233 Read: 7827 Published: 28 Dec 2008 Updated: 10 Nov 2009
Part Two by Ponytail Goddess
Author's Notes:
Hi guys! Sorry I haven't updated in so long, but I've been pretty busy trying to find a teaching job. Anyways, please enjoy the latest chapter of my fic!

Disclaimer: I do not own J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter books or Audrey Niffenegger’s book, The Time Traveler’s Wife, which gave me the style idea for this fic.

December 17, 1977

I can smell the Yule Ball before I can see it; smoke is pouring out of the Great Hall as I pass by.  I can hear crazed students screaming, accompanying guitars blasting, and unruly rock personas who don't seem to have much musical talent.  When I walk by the door, I cannot help but peek inside to see a throng of bodies in decadent clothing mashed together amid the smoke, moving as if possessed by demons.

Thank Merlin I'm not in there. 

Relief washes over me as I rush out the door and get a gulp of untainted air.  I find that I don't regret skipping my last opportunity to dance at Hogwarts.  In fact, I'm quite grateful I'm not in there embarrassing myself with my two left feet.

Not that anyone would want to dance with me anyway.

Rather than submit myself to a rite of passage, I have chosen to spend my night gathering some of the frozen giant water ferns from the lake.  I plan to dry them and allow them to absorb the light of the next full moon for experimental potion purposes.  Winter is the best time to do this, as the giant squid is hibernating under the iced-covered lake and will not present a problem during the harvest.

As I walk towards the lake, I pull my Slytherin scarf more tightly around my neck.  It's bloody cold out and I can see my breath as I walk.  I am so lost in my thoughts about memory enhancing potions that I almost miss the sniffling sound coming from the barren rose garden.

Normally, I wouldn't give a rat's arse about some pitiful girl weeping by herself, but when I turn around to see who it is, I am shocked to see curly red locks and immediately head over to the culprit.

I get there quickly and unnoticed.  She's crying, alone, and looks as if she must be chilled to the bone.  Immediately, I shuck off my cloak and put it over her bony white shoulders.  "Lily, what are you doing-"

"Sev!" she gasps, then weasels her way into my arms, my cloak sliding off of her and onto the ground.

Immediately, I cast a disillusionment spell over us and shiver as I feel the cold spray of magic trickle down my spine.  Her arms are like ice around my neck.

"Lily, you need a coat!" I proclaim, then pull away for a minute to pick up my cloak off the ground.  After a bit of struggle, I manage to help her put the invisible cloak on her invisible body.  I then do my best to button it up, an action that makes me blush a bit because it seems so intimate.  I wrap my Slytherin scarf around her neck a few times and then cast a warming spell on both of us before allowing her to put her arms around me once again.

She is silent, which makes me a bit nervous; Lily really isn't a quiet kind of girl.  Before my disillusionment charm, she had looked rather out of place in the garden, all decked out in a posh green evening gown with stylish pleats at the bottom.

Eventually, her shivering stops along with her sniffles and I somehow find the courage to ask about her situation.  "Lily, what are you doing out here by yourself?  I thought James was taking you to the Yule Ball."

Indeed, it had seemed as if the Yule Ball was all she could talk about this whole week; how very excited she was to go dancing, even if she had to go with that beastly arse instead of me.  I had heard the details of her dress, hair, and nails all week long until I was longing for the whole bloody thing to be over.

"Sev, I don't understand it..." she murmurs as I feel her burrowing her face into my chest.

"What don't you understand?" I ask cautiously, uncertain about where this conversation is headed.

"I don't understand James," Lily cried, "He left me in the entryway to go spike the punch with Sirius and he never came back!  I looked for him and found him having drinks with Sirius and Remus...  It's like he forgot about me!"

What an utter sod!

I squeeze Lily tightly in my arms as she continues.  "I got all dressed up for nothing-he doesn't even care that he invited me!  All he wants to do is get drunk with his friends!" she sobs, her voice getting lower and more menacing towards the end of her story.

I rub Lily's back and try to kiss her invisible forehead; on my third try, I succeed. 

"Lily, I'm sorry that James is such a miserable sod.  I know you were excited about tonight." I say, trying to comfort her.

"I wish I could have gone with you Sev.  I wish we could be together publically," she murmurs into my chest, her warm breath making me shiver a bit.

"I do too," I say softly, also wishing it was possible.

Alas, it is not.

OOOOOOO 

May 12, 1977

My hand shakes as I take a quill in my hand to sign the magically binding contract in front of me.  I wish I had never listened to Mulciber and Avery.  I wish I had never went before the Dark Lord and taken his mark.  I wish I had never given up my free will.

I wish I could change everything.

I can't.

Now, as my hand scratches my signature on a contract that's sparkling with magic, I know there is no way out of this.  I have made my bed and now I have to lay in it.  I have doomed myself to serve not only one master now, but two.  Dumbledore has written out what he wants me to do with my life in return for his safety, and I will carry it out like the lapdog that I am.

At least this way, in the end I will have Lily, even if I have to work for Dumbledore all the days of my life.

Lily is worth it.

She has to be worth it; she's all I have left.

OOOOOOO 

September 3, 1992

I storm down the stone stairs leading to the dungeon, followed by slight static of my own unrestrained magic and the hesitant feet of two miscreants.  I can't believe what I just heard those boys say about me!  The sensible part of my brain keeps telling me that they are just boys and don't know what they speak of, but the angered side of me ignores it and continues to flare up at the thought of the blinkered jabs they have made.

My last two hours had been spent worrying about the boys too, as they had not shown up at the train station.  I waited until the last student got off the train too, hoping to get a glimpse of how much Harry had grown over the summer.  Imagine my surprise when he never came off the train.  Immediately, I panicked and went to Dumbledore, who initiated a search party to find the boy within a mere ten minutes.  The same went for Ronald Weasley, who had also chosen not to show up on the Express. 

Words cannot describe the anger I am feeling right now-it's as if I'm suffocating in fury.  How dare that boy do such an idiotic thing as taking a flying car to school!  He could have been killed, ramming it into the Whomping Willow like that!  For fuck's sake, what were they thinking?!

The boy has both disappointed and scared the living hell out me tonight; the only emotion I am allowed to express in my disguise is my anger and so I give the emotion all of my energy.  It builds up in me until we arrive in my office, at which time it explodes manically.  Afterwards, I sit at my desk in silence, contemplating how I couldn't help him when he needed it. 

Hell, even if I could have helped him, why would he ever want help from me?

After all, I'm just a greasy git, a dungeon bat, and a failure at teaching.  When this war is over, he will not want me.

OOOOOOO

June 19, 1982

It's time; I quickly distribute the appropriate amount of amaryllis stamens into the platinum cauldron in front of me.  A quick wave of my wand decreases the amount of flames beneath it as I allow my potion to simmer.

One glance at my textbook sends me looking through my stores for a strand of unicorn mane.  Of course, it has probably been pushed to the back of one of my many shelves, where items I rarely use often end up.  With precision and a steady hand, I carefully levitate the top shelves down, one by one, so I can examine their contents without dallying about on a ladder.

The process of finding the hair is long and arduous, though I succeed in finding quite a few other ingredients which I did not know I owned, as well as a few lost stirring spoons and a golden ladle.

I am just taking down the third shelf from the top when I hear the sound of the front door slamming viciously and the frantic pounding of feet above my head.  This is odd, as no one but Lily can enter my Hogwarts abode without me letting them in.  However, Lily wasn't supposed to be back from her trip to the past for at least three more days.

Before I can contemplate it any further, Lily bursts through the lab door and runs towards me.  She slams into me roughly, causing me to loose my concentration on levitating the shelf.  It crashes to the ground loudly and many of the jars and containers roll across the floor, a few spilling their contents in the process.

Though Lily is clutching me much harder than she ever has before, I still manage to pull her away for a moment, fearful about her current condition.

She is crying.

Lily doesn't cry...at least, not in front of me.  She has always led me to believe that she is both strong and infallible.  If something makes Lily mad or upset, she tends to react with patience and every once in a while, anger.  Lily really isn't a tearful person though.

Because of this, I am filled with worry as unfettered tears drip down her pale skin.

"Lily, what's wrong?" I ask her frantically, as I look her over for injuries.  "Are you hurt?"

Finally, her wet eyes meet mine, but they crinkle up even more as she scrunches her entire face up.  "I c-can't tell you..." she squeaks out in a high-pitched voice that sounds nothing like her normal tone.  "I'm not hurt Sev, I just..."

That said, she wraps her arms back around me and clings to me as if she is holding onto a canyon's ledge.  Not knowing what else to do, I hold her just as tightly.  Her sobs shake my body along with hers as she bawls uncontrollably on my shoulder.

It takes hours to consol her.

She never tells me what caused it.

OOOOOOO 

September 19, 1991

He's smiling again.  Harry has a great smile-it looks just like his mother's.

I have taken to watching him during meals.  It's the only time I see him acting normally, as he is very skittish around me during my class.  Of course, that is due to my treatment of him, which is necessary to us both safe during these trying times.

It pains me to see him that way though.  I really wish I could reach out to him, really act like a father as I had originally planned-

"Severus, my boy," I hear Dumbledore say as he interrupts my musings, "Don't you think your eyes should be somewhere else?"

Slowly, I tear my eyes away from Harry and turn my head until I am looking at Dumbledore in disbelief.  His eyes are reprimanding and I know why...

I'm putting the boy in danger.

Removing my eyes from Dumbledore, I stare down at the food on my plate.  I am no longer hungry.  For the remainder of the meal, I watch my roast beef get cold as I contemplate how things could have been if I hadn't become a death eater.

OOOOOOO

May 29, 1979

I hear the back door bang open behind me as I furiously stir the two cauldrons in front of me, counting my strokes for perfection.  I hear some rustling behind me and then see her out of the corner of my eye, watching and waiting for me to finish my intricate work before interrupting.

Another minute goes by and I am finally allowed to drop my stirring sticks and put stasis spells on both potions.  A mere second after I have spelled the second cauldron, she wraps her arms around me and kisses me deeply; I kiss her back and smile against her lips  before gently pulling back.

"How are you Sev?" she asks me with a smile, rubbing her hands up and down my torso.

"Good, and yourself?" I reply, unable to keep myself from smiling at her welcoming face.

"Better now that I'm here," she says and plants a kiss playfully on my nose before looking at the bubbling cauldrons in front of me, "One of these is dinner, I hope?"

"There's a veggie stew in the far right cauldron; it should be done in about five minutes."

"Sev, should you really be cooking it in a cauldron next to all these potions?  I'm not sure about how hygienic that is..." she says with a look of concern.

"It won't hurt anything-the porridge I made you last weekend came out of a cauldron and you didn't mention that."

Lily rolls her eyes at me and says, "That's because I didn't see it Sev; you served me breakfast in bed, remember?"

I grasp her shoulders and look her straight in the eye as I say, "Lily, it's going to be fine-I've been eating out of potion cauldrons for years and I'm just fine.  I always clean them out immaculately after making a potion.  Trust me, it will be fine."

"If you say so, mister potions master," she says, then grabs her wand and with a swish and a flick, her suitcases start to float.  "I'm going to take my stuff upstairs."

"Okay," I reply, walking over to the sink to wash my hands; I turn on the hot water and lather up as best I can to make my hands sanitary.  I smile to myself as I listen to her heels clonk up the wooden stairwell of my parents' rickety old house.  Technically, I haven't asked her to live with me yet, though she might as well be because she spends all of her nights off sleeping in my bed.

Her new international relations internship at the ministry is taking her all over the world every week, and so just like every week before this, I feel relieved that she has walked in the door, safe and sound.  I miss her when she isn't here, but it's probably better for her to be away currently, as I never seem to get much work done towards my potions mastery when she's around.

For once in my life, things seem to be going right.  I am well on my way towards getting the potions job that Dumbledore has waiting for me at Hogwarts and Lily seems to be having the time of her life with her internship.  

It won't last.

I hate to think it, but I know everything is much too good to be true.  Even the Dark Lord has been lazing around a bit, which is indeed curious, as that is not his nature.

In short, I imagine all hell is going to break loose in my life very soon.

Taking a wooden spoon, I search through the soup for the flavor-filled bay leaf I threw in.  As I search, I feel two inviting arms wrap around me from behind.  I sigh contently as Lily cuddles into me...

I better enjoy this while I can.

OOOOOOO

March 2, 1994

"Piss off you ruddy bird, I don't want your bloody letter!" I exclaim, trying my best to shoo away the extremely familiar bird that was yet again pestering me during my breakfast.

However, Mortimer Greenwell's owl is used to haggling me and immediately starts to yank on chunks of my hair until I take the letter off of his leg.  It sits on my shoulder for a few minutes, waiting for a piece of my banger, which I refuse to give it.  After a while, it poops on my shirt and flies away disgruntled.

I perform a quick scourgify to my shirt and then incendio the letter without a second thought.   I catch Minerva rolling her eyes at my antics, annoyed that I won't hear out Mr. Greenwell's plea.

I don't really care though.  It's not like it's going to be anything important.

OOOOOOO 

April 5, 1987

"Headmaster, may I have a word?" I ask, listening to the stone wall close behind me as I enter Dumbledore's office.

"Of course, Severus my boy, do have a seat," Dumbledore says quite casually, signaling me to sit in a leather chair in front of his desk.  "Tea?"

"Enough with the formalities Dumbledore, I want to know where my wife is-she said she'd be back by Thursday night and she's still not here-two days later!"

Dumbledore is silent, which grates on my already distressed nerves.  His Slytherin eyes are looking at me rather calculatingly.  I stare back, despite the fact that I am alarmed by his lack of an immediate answer.

Finally, he replies to me in a quiet voice, "I haven't the faintest clue where she is Severus.  You see, I did not send her out on a mission this week."

OOOOOOO

November 26, 1979

"Twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen..." I mutter to myself as I see Lily waiting for me to finish out of the corner of my eye.  I frown at her as my lead stirring spoon makes its last revolution around the cauldron. 

"Lily, it's late and you are ill; why aren't you in bed right now?" I ask, glancing at the clock to see the time:  12:17 a.m.

"Well, I was hoping you'd join me first-you've been in this kitchen so long that I feel like I've barely even said hello to you today."

I sigh; I suppose she's right.  I have been terribly busy today with my potions research, so much so that I don't recall having dinner.  Potions don't make themselves, however, and I do have deadlines to meet, regardless of whether Lily is sick or well.

"I'll be up in a few minutes," I promise, "be in bed when I get upstairs."

She retreats up the stairs as I put the finishing touches on my experimental allergy reliever.  Twenty minutes and one sandwich later, I am pulling back the sheets of my bed and laying down beside her underneath the covers.

I grab my wand off the bedside table and reach up to spell off the lights, only to have the weight of Lily's hand on my arm stop me from completing my goal.

"Sev," she says with an odd look in her eye, "we need to talk."

Shite, this can't be good.

I take a breath in and get ready to hear what I assume will be some fairly bad news.  Perhaps she's had enough of me...perhaps she's going to tell me she wants James after all.

Oh please Merlin, don't let it be that.

Anything but that...

"Sev, I don't know how to say this...  Bloody hell, I don't even know how it happened and I certainly have no idea how you're going to react to th-"

Her rambling ignites my fear, as well as my anger and I interrupt her.  "Lily, for fuck's sake, stop dancing around the problem and tell me what's wrong!"

I watch as her eyelashes flutter at me; she tries to hide her shocked expression, with little effect.  Then she swallows her pride and says what she needs to say out loud.

The cynic in me is not disappointed.

"Sev...  I'm pregnant."

I stop thinking.  My heart skips a beat.  I am so utterly taken aback by this that I blurt out the first thing that pops into my mind.

"Is it even mine?"

The minute it escapes my lips, I know what a big mistake I've just made.  It is confirmed when her hand smacks my face with the force of a charging thestral.  Dumbstruck, I watch as Lily scrambles out of bed in a frenzy, panting as she brushes away a few escapee tears to make it look as though they never existed.

"I knew this would happen!" she shouts at me.  Her hair is messy from her tangle with the sheets and her face is blotchy with emotion.  "How dare you-how dare you!  Of course it's yours, you fucked-up arsehole!  Who else's would it be?  Oh let me guess-"

"You know damn well who's I think it is!  I have good reason to think it too!" I shout back.

"I don't understand why you won't trust me!  I love you Severus!  Merlin only knows why, but I do, for fuck's sake!  I have only been with you-this child is going to be yours whether you like it or not!"

"That's just the thing Lily-there's no reason we should be having a child anyways, seeing as I've been supplying you with contraceptive potions all along!  Did you forget to take one or-"

"Of course I didn't, you imbecile-"

"Imbecile?  I'm not the one who went and got herself up the duff!"

"I went and got myself up the duff?  It takes two people to tango, Severus Snape, and don't you ever forget it!" Lily screams before leaving the room, slamming the door behind her.

I sit on the bed, seething with anger for a long time before it finally hits me...

I'm going to be a dad.

OOOOOOO 

August 31, 1995

I enter my office only to find, to my great surprise, my wife sitting at my desk as though she hasn't been absent for the past four months.  Even more oddly, she seems to be studying several of my potions manuals.  Lily is so into her readings that she does not even bother to look up at me when she acknowledges my presence.

"Severus."

"Lily," I say back, trying my best to keep my voice indifferent about her sudden appearance.  "What are you doing in my office?"

"Research," she replies unhelpfully.  When I bend over to see what she is reading, she slams the book closed as quickly as a Venus flytrap gobbles up its prey.

"You know, if you told me the general topic, I could save you a lot of time by telling you where to look for the answer," I tell her, looking into her blank eyes as she looks up.

"It's confidential Severus-you know that."

I sigh and grab the two grading books I came in for originally.  I mutter as I walk out, "It always is..."

OOOOOOO

May 26, 1994

Damn that Dumbledore-meddlesome old fool indeed!  How dare he let my son use a time turner!  For fuck's sake, he of all people ought to know how addictive those things can be!  I certainly haven't forgotten though; how could I, with my wife missing half of the time, ever approve of such an action?

I most certainly never would have and that bloody old coot knew it!

This certainly explains why he never told me about what happened a few nights ago-how that fucking sod Black managed to escape from Hogwarts' grounds!  Fool-if something had happened to my son, I would never forgive that bastard, never!  I love that boy and I'll be damned if I let Dumbledore mess around with my son's life again!

Conveniently, Dumbledore is not in his office when I storm up the stairs to confront him about the latest rumor I heard by eavesdropping on the infamous trio.  No matter-I can wait.  I am a professional waiter-I have been waiting for some occurrences for years!  I've waited on my wife and son over a decade now, which makes an hour of waiting in Dumbledore's office a mere a second of time to me in comparison.

I don't care how long I have to wait; that bastard is going to hear me out!

OOOOOOO

December 17, 1980

With gentle hands, I smooth the soft towel over Harry's tiny body, being careful not to miss any droplets of water that still wished to cling to him after his bath.  "There you are, we mustn't have you catching a cold now...  I would never hear the end of it from your mother." I tell the baby as I pin his cloth diaper on with care.

Harry squirms as I put on his red onesie, which Lily has charmed to have an active snow scene on the front, complete with a waving snowman.  She has done the same to many of his other outfits so the boy would look festive during the holiday season.  For whatever reason, she seems to think special Christmas attire will help the boy's first Christmas be absolutely perfect.  I simply let her think what she wants, despite the fact that at six months old, Harry is totally oblivious to his clothing, other than when it makes him too warm or cold.

Once I get his onesie on, I put two tiny socks on his feet.  He'll have them off by morning-little Harry enjoys sucking on his toes in his free time and socks only seem to get in the way of this.  He is a strange little boy, but even I cannot deny that I find his odd mannerisms endearing at this point.  A year ago, I could not picture myself as a father, but now...well, little Harry has seems to have stolen my heart.

Not that I would ever admit that to anyone, of course.

Wrapping the boy in a blanket made of fleece, I sit down in Lily's rocking chair and start to create a steady back and forth motion.  Sadly, it seems like I am going to be sitting here for a long time, as the boy does not look anywhere close to tired right now.

I hum to him a bit as we rock together; it's a song about unicorns, which is really the only song for babies I know.  The boy does not seem to mind that I am off-key half the time.  Instead, he just stares up at me, watching me and waiting for something more exciting to happen.

And then he does something quite special-for the first time ever, his pink little lips curl up into a small smile.  He's smiling at me!  My heart fills with warmth and I smile back.

OOOOOOO

January 12, 1997

Exhausted from a chaotic night of dealing with student problems I could care less about, I open the door to my bedroom and find my long lost wife laying on my bed.

Naked.

Merlin help me, I thought I was done dealing with shite tonight.

"I see you've finally decided to grace me with your presence," I say, giving her a look of consternation, "How long has it been now, about five months?"

She frowns as she picks up on my mood quite quickly.  "Yeah, something like that," she says, challenging me to start our timeless debate with her eyes.

I choose to ignore her and get into our wooden boudoir to find a set of pajamas.  When she sees what I've pulled out, she says, "You won't be needing those tonight."

Her comment is half-hearted though and not nearly as lust-filled as usual.  Somehow, I think she already knows what I'm going to tell her.

I toss her a flannel nightgown from the boudoir.  "On the contrary, you're going to need some of these."

I go into the bathroom, not wanting her desperate eyes roving all over my body as I change.  I apply a tooth brushing charm to my mouth and use the toilet.  When I come out, I find that Lily is still naked, though she has wormed her way between the covers of my bed.

The lights are doused with a shake of my wand and I crawl into bed wordlessly, taking care to stay on my side of the bed.  A hand strokes my face, then strokes down my chest languidly.  I flip over onto my side, facing away from her.  She sidles up to my body and her wet lips softly caress my neck.

"Lily," I say, warning her in a dark voice, but she does not stop.  When her hand starts to breach my pants, I know I've had enough. 

Frustration, anger, confusion, and longing are only a few of the emotions I feel as I jump out of bed.  The lights flicker back on at my command.  I glare at the seductress in my bed.  "I said no, Lily, no!  You think you can just come home whenever you please for sex and then leave again?  I haven't seen you in months, for fuck's sake!"

"Severus, I have a job to do," she bites back, "I can't be here everyday!  I thought you understood-"

"No Lily, I sure as shite don't understand and neither did Dumbledore!  He isn't even here to give you missions anymore and I haven't given you one either!  Where the hell are you going and why are you gone for so long, huh?  That's what I'd like to know!" I exclaim, no longer holding back the frustrations of my day.

"Sev, listen-"

"No, you listen!  You only come home when you need something from me and I will tolerate it any longer!  I have needs too, you know!  When I married you, I wanted to be around you all the time and you left me alone for weeks at a time-now it's months!  I don't even know you anymore-"

"Severus!" she shrieks, "For fuck's sake, you've got it all wrong!  I'm just trying to help us win the war!"

"There's more to life than the war," I state with a hardened voice.  "I wanted to come home to a wife every night.  Hell, a wife and a son!  Lily, you and Harry are all that I've ever had and now you're both gone!"

We pause for a moment.  She looks at me with sad green eyes.  "I never meant for this to last so long," she admits quietly, "but it's too late to go back now.  I have to finish what I've started."

"And what have you started?  Even Dumbledore's portrait is clueless what you're doing!" I exclaim, feeling the acute pain of my lost son as he passes through my mind.

"You know I can't tell you Sev!  I just have to keep going, don't you understand?  I have to keep going!" she exclaims, looking as distressed as I feel.

I look at her small form in bed; one of her hands is holding the green comforter up to cover herself.  She looks older than I remember her ever looking, with dark indentions under her eyes and teeth clenched with stress.  She looks pitiful, laying there, begging me with her eyes to let it go.

I simply can't though.  I have put up with far too much nonsense during the years and she has taken advantage of my feelings for her.  How can we be a husband and wife team if we don't ever talk to each other?  She has too many secrets that I need answers to before I can even try to forgive her.

"You can't just come here for sex and then leave," I state, putting my foot down for once in my life.  "I'm not going to sleep with you until you give me the time turner and promise never to use it again."

"Sev, you know I can't do that," she whispers, clutching the time turner through the comforter.

"Then get out-I need to sleep; I have a long day of work ahead of me and refuse to be kicked out of my bed.  You may transfigure the couch into a bed and sleep there."

She stares at me with tears forming in her eyes, her expression pleading me to change my mind.  I don't.  Wandlessly, I open the door and look sternly at her until she walks out in silence, taking my comforter with her.

OOOOOOO 

October 21, 1996

When I sit down in my desk chair to work on next term's class schedule, I feel a pain shoot through my backside as I sit on something.  When I get up, I find nothing on my chair.  One by one, I check my pockets until I find the obstruction.

A bezoar.

How did that get in there?

To be continued...
End Notes:
What do you think so far? Do you have any ideas about what is happening? I am incredibly curious about what everyone is thinking. I know I originally said this would be a two shot, but it looks like it’s going to be longer now. My new estimate is four chapters. Jump up and down because there will be more to enjoy! I’ll try to update as soon as possible.

-P.G.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1755