This New Life by The Ivory Raven
Summary: Harry's memory is erased, leaving him without any knowledge of his past...or future. When Snape is forced to help in his recovery, unintentional bonds form, linking Harry to his Potions Master and a certain blond Slytherin. Some HP/DM and SS/RL slash near end.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Remus
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Baby fic, Child fic, Kidnapped
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Rape, Romance/Slash, Torture, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 19797 Read: 37427 Published: 05 Jan 2009 Updated: 14 Jun 2011
Looking for the Lost by The Ivory Raven

  Several weeks had passed since Harry disappeared. Snape had been to several Death Eater meetings and had not been able to garner any information on the boy's whereabouts. There had been hints dropped by some of the more favored among Voldemort's followers, but nothing substantial that would help the Order in locating him. The only thing that was known for sure was that there were Death Eaters involved in his abduction. Despite his lack of fondness for the boy, Snape didn't even want to think what they might be doing to the child in all the time it was taking the Order to locate him. Snape knew all too well in which ways the Dark Lord could torture the raven-haired youth, and if it took much longer to recover him, than it might be a better mercy just to finish him off instead of bringing him back to Hogwarts.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

(A Month Later)

"Albus!  ALBUS!!"  Snape hurried through the corridors of Hogwarts, heading to the Headmaster's office. As he rounded the corner and caught sight of the stone gargoyles that guarded the office's entrance, he came to a halt. The door was opening and the man he was looking for came sweeping down the steps in a flurry of purple robes.

"What is it Severus?! Have you found him?"

"Indeed I have, and we must take action immediately!"

"Well then, there's no time to waste."

Dumbledore led the way back into the office taking the steps two at a time, with Snape close on his heels. Even before the office door could fully close, Dumbledore was on his knees making a fire-call to key Order members, trying to arrange an emergency meeting. In a matter of minutes, both Snape and Dumbledore were standing in 12 Grimmauld place, waiting as select members of the Order arrived by portkey, or floo.

 

 When the last member arrived, Dumbledore wasted no time and got straight to business, "Severus has located Mister Potter and we must act on this information quickly in order to get to him before he is once again moved to a different location. Severus will explain further." And with this, Dumbledore swept his arm towards Snape, who came forward and began speaking at once, the somber timbre of his voice relaying the severity of the situation at hand.

"As you all know, Potter was abducted approximately six weeks ago. He is currently being held in the dungeons of an old manor belonging to another one of the Dark Lord's followers in a non-disclosed location. Although I have not personally seen Potter since his abduction, I have recently been sent word that the Dark Lord is requiring my service in a matter pertaining to Potter's health. As many of you are aware, I do have a background in healing as it pertains to potions. It seems that the Dark Lord is enjoying Potter's torture enough to want to keep him alive as long as possible. I know nothing of his condition other than the fact that the boy has stopped eating a week ago. I have been asked to see to him in two days time. I will be sent a portkey that will send me to the dungeons where Potter is currently being held. Despite the fact that I will not know the precise location of the manor, I believe a well placed portkey could bring the boy within our grasp without compromising my position as a spy."

"How do you propose to get him out then?" a voice sounded from the back of the room.

"When I administer to Potter, I will most likely have to put in a feeding tube. If we turn it into a timed portkey, it could transport Potter to safety long after I am gone, thereby lifting any suspicions about where my loyalty lies. Whichever followers are on guard duty at the time will most likely be blamed, and consequentially put to death for the disappearance, thereby lifting any suspicion of my involvement.

"Let's just hope Malfoy Sr. is on guard duty that night then, huh?" Mad Eye's voice called out, followed by his rough sounding laugh. The solemn mood of the room prevented anyone from sharing in Mad Eye's mirth. The look Dumbledore gave the man quelled the laughter quickly and there was a sudden bustle of activity as plans were made and supplies were gathered in preparation of Potter's return.

As was expected, Snape was sent a portkey the following day along with a note telling him what time it would activate the following day. Later that evening, Dumbledore stopped by Snape's rooms to create the second portkey out of the sterilized bit of tubing that Snape had gotten from the infirmary a few hours before. The new portkey was timed to activate approximately eight hours after Snape's planned departure, which would give him sufficient time to be long gone before all hell breaks loose when they discover Potter missing.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1759