Resolution by wellyuthink
Summary: The time has come to go back to Hogwarts, but is Harry ready? Struggling to deal with the loss of Shadow, the alarming discovery of his paternity and the problems created by a newly risen Voldemort, the coming term proves to be the most difficult one that Harry has ever faced. Sequel to 'Know Thyself'
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: None
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Alcohol Use
Challenges: None
Series: Evolution
Chapters: 27 Completed: Yes Word count: 90442 Read: 115403 Published: 31 Jan 2009 Updated: 18 Nov 2012
Bad Timing by wellyuthink

Severus wasn’t quite sure how he had ended up in the Headmaster’s office after lunch that day and he was definitely unsure of how a cup of tea had managed to make its way into his hand, but – as with all things Albus-related – he decided to classify it as normal. Evidently he’d been more shaken up by Harry’s decision than he’d originally thought.

 

Albus himself was watching him closely over the top of those peculiar half-moon spectacles of his; making Severus almost want to snatch them off in the hopes the old man would look at him directly head on for once. Pursing his lips, he pulled his thoughts away from such things. “I just don’t know what to do now, Albus. I do not know what to do.”

 

“As far as I can see, you’ve done all you can under the circumstances, Severus.” Albus sighed and turned his head towards the fireplace as if the flickering flames could give him an answer. “If a child is feeling threatened, the worst thing you can to is to force them further into the situation... though, like everything, this has variables too.”

 

Severus sighed, exasperated. “Albus, I did not come up here to be perplexed by your riddles. Either let me take my leave, or talk sense, old man.”

 

Albus nodded, idly beginning to plait his beard as he spoke. “Quite, quite. All I can say is that you must be prepared if he chooses to turn to you for something again – even if he does not wish to pursue a filial relationship at present, that does not mean he wishes to be out of your life entirely. Remember that children can be fickle and loyal at the same time, Severus.”

 

“Hmm.” Severus was not convinced. He frowned, trying to hide how he was now more confused than he had been to start with. Unfortunately, nothing seemed to get past Dumbledore.

 

Albus twinkled. “Lemon drop?”

 

No!

 

They remained in silence for another couple of moments, before the Headmaster cleared his throat, sounding slightly uncomfortable. Severus looked up, surprised. It was quite unlike the Headmaster to be anything other than completely at home in most circumstances. Why then was he looking so uncertain?

 The Headmaster cleared his throat a second time and met Severus’ gaze.   “I’ve never killed a child before, Severus. And I am afraid my guilt over the matter has prevented me from fully helping you and Harry.” “What?!” Severus choked, completely and utterly floored by the change in topic. “I mean... I beg your pardon?” Killed? A child?!

Albus waved his hand in an attempt to be airy, but the gesture caused him to end up looking more ruffled than Severus could ever remember seeing him. “In Harry’s eyes, the day I cast the Gnothi Seauton was the day I killed his companion. What was his name? Shadow, wasn’t it?”

 

Severus nodded and opened his mouth to say something, but Albus hadn’t finished speaking.

 

“Even during the years I was battling Grindelwald, I was never presented with such a horrible quandary. So, you see, I have found it rather difficult to... put this event past me. And before you say anything about how he did not really exist, let me assure you that he was real enough to Harry.”

 

Severus stilled, remembering the anguish on his son’s face last time he had brought up the subject. “I know.”

 

Albus smiled sadly “Then, I think you understand me when I say that talking to Harry has been... difficult since then? After all, what right have I? But... If you think it would be to your benefit, I am more than willing to face my demons and speak with him on your behalf.”

 

Severus forced himself to nod. It comes to something when a man cannot even deal with his own son, but... perhaps Albus can help him. “I believe that would be helpful, Albus. Perhaps you should also take up his education in the old magics – after all you are better versed in them than I... Then he might view it as the necessary education it is, rather than something to avoid because I am involved...”

 

The Floo activated in an abrupt burst of green, startling both men enough to make them jump. When Minerva’s fretful face appeared in the flames, Severus hurriedly got to his feet even as the first tendrils of dread curdled in his stomach. What has happened now?

 

“Oh, Albus, you need to do something,” she exclaimed as soon as she saw the Headmaster, a slight tremble inflecting her tone. She seemed to completely miss seeing Severus in her distress. “My cousin has just informed me of the most dreadful news!”

 

Albus’ demeanour immediately changed from shocked surprise to competent Headmaster. “Calm yourself, Minerva, and tell me what has troubled you. Even better, why not come through?”

 

Minerva took a deep breath, her eyes narrowing as she saw Severus already standing there, and stepped through without another word. Had she been in feline form, Severus was sure her tail would have been lashing to and fro. She hadn’t been acting the same towards him since she had found out he tricked her that summer, and Severus was beginning to wonder if she was more upset about that than Harry’s true paternity.

 

“Albus.” Her voice was still shaking slightly, and Severus grudgingly decided put aside other concerns he had with her, instead guiding her to a chair so that she might calm down better. He received a nod and a speculative look for his efforts before she returned her attention to the Headmaster... and the compulsory tea which had just been pushed into her hand.

 

“Headmaster, there has been an attack on a Wizarding town close to Aberdeen. Almost all inhabitants are dead or injured... and the Dark Mark was sighted in the sky above,” she said, blinking hard and taking a sip of tea. “I have friends in that town, and have yet to discover if they are all right...”

 

Severus took a deep breath and shared a look with Albus. They both knew what this meant. Severus could almost have cursed himself for forgetting they were in the middle of a war – and he’d thought Harry had had too many things to focus on.

 

Albus nodded, looking very grave. “Thank you, Minerva. You may cancel your classes for today if you wish to go upcountry to check upon them.”

 

Giving a brief nod and draining the rest of her tea, the Scottish witch stood, seeming to draw her usual unflappable attitude around her as she went. “I think I shall do just that. Thank you for the tea, Headmaster. Good day, Severus.”

 

Severus raised an eyebrow and returned the sentiment. Goodness. That had been almost civil.

 

As Minerva quickly swept from the room, the portrait of Ethel Weatherly sighed and set her knitting down before creakingly getting to her acrylic feet. “I shall go and keep an eye on her, shall I, Headmaster?”

 

Albus nodded and gave an open gesture with his hand. “Please do.”

 

The old face cracked into a smirk that was really quite unsettling. “You young ones. As if I’d ever let my great-granddaughter suffer needlessly if I could do anything to do about it. Good day, Headmaster. Good day, Deary.” And without further ado, she disappeared out the side of her portrait.

 

Severus stared blankly, forgetting to be irritated about the fact that she was still referring to him by that infernal name. “Great-granddaughter? Those two are related?” he asked Albus, who appeared to be deep in thought. When no answer appeared to be forthcoming, he muttered to himself, “Well, no wonder.”

 

The portrait resembling one of Malfoy’s ancestors sniffed and looked haughtily down at him. “I often say the same thing myself,” he stated as Phineas Nigellus started cackling in the background.

 

Severus arched an inquisitive brow. “Really? And are there any more ‘revelations’ you think I should be informed about?”

 

There was a brief explosion of chatter and Severus found himself whipping his head from one portrait to the next as they all tried to get their story in. He’d known they were gossips, but he hadn’t known they were this bad!

 

“Death Eaters appear to have left St Mungo’s completely untouched. They haven’t even attempted to enter the building!” – Dilys Derwent.

 

“How about that ‘Minister’ Fudge has disappeared off the face of the Earth? The only reason Wizarding Britain hasn’t broken apart is because of several senior members of the Ministry, including Alastor Moody, Arthur Weasley and Kingsley Shacklebolt” – Armando Dippet.

 

“The Ministry was able to relocate many of their records to a small archive in Herefordshire before fleeing London. Ledbury, I think the place was called. In fact, the people Armando mentioned are supposedly working from there... Be careful with this information though – the Death Eaters are as of yet unaware of the specific location of their opposition” – Matthew Cruthers.

 

“How about the fact that several wayward students have been using a hiding space behind a portrait on the sixth floor to avoid your night-time patrols?” the Malfoy ancestor remarked.

 

Oh, have they now?” Severus snapped as his eyes turned towards the portrait whose name plate read ‘Aloysius Malfoy’.

 

Several portraits chuckled at the irony of him picking up on that specific comment rather than the others.

 

Severus would quite happily have stayed a while longer, listening to pertinent gossip from the portraits – and collecting possible blackmail material – but their next comments to him were interrupted by Albus.

 

“Severus, I am sure you realise what Minerva’s news means?”

 

He returned his attention to the Headmaster, trying to fight the sinking sensation in his stomach. “Voldemort has re-entered the war as an active participant.”

 

“Exactly.” Albus lowered his eyes for a moment before raising them again, this time with no trace of their usual twinkle accompanying them. “And I am afraid that I must ask you accordingly to... step up your obligations.”

 

Severus felt a frisson of anger burn through him. “And what about my relationship with my son, Albus?”

 

The Headmaster stood and strode back to the fireplace, seemingly once again mesmerised by the dancing flames. “I am sorry. I must ask this. We need to be aware of what is happening – many lives depend on it – and while the portraits can gather a great deal of information, there are places that they cannot go. Places which are essential for us to get to in order to piece together the whole picture. You know this already. I shall contact Sirius and have him meet us here within the hour.”

 

Severus gritted his teeth and turned away, frustrated by how helpless he had become in all of this. “And I assume the mission will in turn last longer than originally planned because of the attack? Instead of being a sweep of the area, it will be a concerted effort to discover as much as possible?” Albus must have nodded, but Severus hadn’t turned to see. Instead, all he heard was the shifting of fabric.

 

“If we don’t discover why Tom has regained control of everything so suddenly... I could have sworn we would have had at least another month while he settled and secured his new roost.” Albus stood and agitatedly started pacing.

 

Severus turned in surprise and was in time to see Albus shake his head in frustration, annoyingly reminding him that the Headmaster was indeed only a human, and an old one at that. Slipping his customary, cold mask back into place, he addressed him, “It is possible that the Dark Lord has many more followers than we first supposed.”

 

“Either that, or he has formed an alliance which we do not know about.”

 

“Indeed?” he asked warily, slowly easing his weight back onto his left foot, away from the restless Headmaster.

 

Albus noticed and stepped back behind his desk obligingly. “My apologies for startling you.”

 

Severus nodded curtly. He was used to playing advisor to Albus and consequently knew the odd moods the old man could get into sometimes when he was strategising. “Continue.”

 

His friend nodded also and obliged him, “Will you go with Sirius gather all the information you can? You said yourself it would be impossible for him to gather the facts without being caught if only one person went. Preparing ourselves for whatever is next is vital for our side, especially as Tom appears to have a great advantage over us.”

 

Severus paused for a moment longer before finally caving. Even he could see how much his help was needed in this situation. But... Harry... “I shall of course do all I can to help, Albus.”

 

The Headmaster seemed to sigh a little in relief as he started shuffling through the mountain of paperwork resting on his desk. “Thank you, my boy.”

 

Severus grimaced as he gathered his black hair up in one hand, carefully drew his wand with the other and held it poised. “Promise me something, old man?”

 

Albus glanced up, a ghost of the old twinkle present. “I shall, of course, do my utmost to look after Harry in your absence.”

 

Severus sighed in vague relief before shifting his focus once more to casting a severing charm to remove all but a couple of inches of hair. Merlin, he hated it like this – it plastered itself to his scalp and made his nose look even more ridiculous – but it was unfortunately necessary. “Give this to the wolf when he and the mutt arrive to relieve me of my teaching duties,” he said, dropping the greasy pile into Albus’ in-tray and trying not to smirk at the old man’s obvious humour at such an act. “Since we do not know when I shall be returning, he had better have a good supply for the Polyjuice.”

 

Albus twinkled, his good mood temporarily restored. “Won’t you stay here to greet them yourself, Severus?” he asked, a playful lilt entering his tone.

 

Severus sneered. “Certainly not. Apart from the obvious fact I would rather chew off my own leg than remain in their company any longer than necessary, I have to pack... and I have a letter to write.” He scowled as another thought pricked his memory. “Oh, and, be sure to call Mr Malfoy up to your office for a thorough dressing down. He has taken it upon himself to start denouncing my son in public places, and I do not care for it, especially as others might follow his example.

 

“Seeing as he is now your ward, I thought I would leave his punishment to you.”

 

Albus looked thoughtful. “I will look into the matter, Severus.”

 

He nodded to Albus once, torn between hoping the old man would be harsh and hoping that he wouldn’t. Focusing his thoughts once more on what was needed, he moved towards the Floo – God forbid the students would ever see him with his hair like this – and left in a whirl of flames, his heart feeling suspiciously heavy.

 

oooOOOooo

 

Harry ran down the corridor leading to the Potions classroom, almost incredulous of how he’d behaved earlier that day. Had he really said all those things? He didn’t know whether it had been the extra sleep, or the fact he’d got his broom back, or whether it had been Snape clearly showing him that he wasn’t under any pressure from him, but the world certainly seemed a whole lot brighter than it had that morning.

 

Hopefully if he was quick enough now, he’d be able to get to Potions before the rest of the class and be able to tell his father what an idiot he’d been.

 

Unfortunately, by the time he’d arrived – Madam Pomfrey had insisted that he have two helpings of everything for lunch and had not allowed him to leave until he’d finished them – most of the class were already seated and his father was fiddling with the blackboard at the front. Trying to hide his disappointment, he hurried in and grabbed the seat between Ron and Hermione.

 

“Hey, guys!”

 

His sudden appearance caused his friends to jump, and then, attempt to talk over the top of one another.

 

Ron did an exaggerated double take. “Who are you and what have you done with Harry Potter? You know, the grumpy git who’s stonily silent during meal times?”

 

“Oh, Harry!” Hermione grabbed his wrist and stared at him with worried eyes. “Where have you been?”

 

Harry suppressed a laugh as he fended her off. “I’m really sorry about that. I didn’t get any sleep and was being a real idiot about it.”

 

“And McLaggen didn’t help at all by turning up and acting like a prat,” Ron muttered darkly.

 

“Yeah,” Harry agreed, frowning at the almost forgotten memory – the confrontation with Malfoy and then with his father had seemed much more important. “I’m still sorry though. And, Hermione, to answer your question, I’ve been in the Hospital Wing.” He quickly held up his hands to ward off any more horrified comments. “Nothing serious. Just Da- err, Snape noticed that I hadn’t slept and told me to go up. I feel much better now.”

 

Hermione’s face transformed into a smile as she quickly glanced between him and the front of the room. “Oh, Harry, I’m so glad you’re talking to him again! At first I thought he had done something really awful, and that you might have... but it’s all sorted now, yes?”

 

Harry shifted uncomfortably, noticing that Ron was also watching him closely. He hadn’t realised his friends had really registered the distance between him and his father, and now he was incredibly grateful they had left him to deal with it instead of questioning him constantly.

 

“Err, well, we talked...”

 

Hermione nodded encouragingly. “Yes...?” She suddenly looked chagrined. “Oh, you don’t have to tell us if you don’t want to.”

 

Harry and Ron chuckled softly at the look on her face – the one she might have used had she been telling them she was giving up reading ‘Hogwarts: a History’ for Lent.

 

“I don’t mind. Well, we talked and, um, ended up deciding it would be best if we, err, pretended not to be father and son for a while – just teacher and pupil. At least, I think that’s what happened – it’s a bit blurry.”

 

Ron was gaping and Hermione had her hands to her mouth.

 

“But, Harry, that’s awful,” she gasped. “How could he do that to you?”

 

“Err, actually, I did that to him. But don’t worry!” he added quickly, trying to head off Hermione’s disapproving comment. “I realised what an idiot I was being almost right after.” He bit his lip. “It’s just – does he really want me for a son? Or is he just doing this because he thinks it’s the right thing to do...?”

 

“Harry!” both of his friends exclaimed loudly, causing Snape to turn and glare at them until they ducked their heads and stared at the desk for a few moments.

 

Ron nodded at Hermione and she continued, “How long had this been going around in your head?” Her lips were pursed – never a good sign.

 

“Uh, I guess since the beginning.”

 

Hermione rolled her eyes. “Harry, it’s obvious to a blind person that Professor Snape cares about what happens to you. Just think what would have happened to you last year if you’d tried to mouth off at Malfoy like that! But what happened instead? You got sent to catch up on sleep!” She shook her head as if she couldn’t quite believe it herself.

 

“She’s right, mate,” Ron put in. “If you’d done that last year, you’d have been in detention for the rest of your life and Gryffindor would be down a whole lot of points. Not even You-Know-Who could force him to do that if he didn’t want to.”

 

“Yeah,” Harry murmured, feeling a slow smile spread across his face. Of course they were right! Of course he mattered to Snape. It had been even something he’d taken for granted the last weeks at the Manor. Just because they were back at school didn’t mean to say that that had changed at all, even if the Manor and school now felt like they were a million miles away from each other. He had been daft to try and keep this from his friends – if only he’d remembered sooner that in the past, talking to them had always helped him clarify matters. He quickly resolved not to keep anything from them from now on. After all, they would keep his secrets safe.

 

“Yeah, you’re right! But, if you think about it...” at this point, Harry’s smile became a full grown grin, “he did send me straight to bed for it.”

 

Ron and Hermione’s second exclamation of “Harry!” caused Snape to sneer in their direction this time and take points from Gryffindor, but Harry found he didn’t really mind – they were being very noisy after all... as well as paying no attention to the lecture he had already started.

 

Ron gulped and ducked his head, quickly scrawling a note and shoving it at Harry under the desk.

 

‘Ha ha, very funny,’ it read. ‘But just think about it – when you told us about everything on the train, it was like you’d overdosed on Fizzing Whizzbees. True, you did look a bit depressed about something, but you cheered right up once you were talking about Snape. Downright weird if you ask me.’

 

Harry gave Ron a half-smile and handed the note over to Hermione so she could read it. Inside, his mind was whirling. Didn’t I just promise to myself that I wouldn’t keep anything more from my friends? Damn, I did. That means I’ll have to tell them about Shadow... but how can I do that when I can’t even bring myself to talk about him to the people who already know? I need to talk to Dad now more than ever now. How could I be so daft as to think cutting him off would help? And if he really does care, how would that have made HIM feel?

 

The lesson dragged on interminably, making Harry twitch with the thought of how much he wanted it to end. The monotony was only broken by Neville’s cauldron boiling over spectacularly in the middle of the lesson and the little notes he, Ron, and Hermione passed amongst themselves. This year he and Ron had finally managed to persuade Hermione that passing notes in class was not the epitome of evil, much to their delight.

 

Sometime near the end of the lesson, once he was sure Snape really wasn’t looking their way, Harry made sure to shove a chocolate frog Ron had given him into Neville’s shaking hands. The nervous boy flashed Harry a quick smile before returning his unblinking stare to where Snape was softly praising a Slytherin’s efforts with his potion. Harry was slightly puzzled by this – Snape had actually started being slightly more decent towards Houses other than his own during the weeks Harry had been ignoring him, but now he seemed to have reverted to his usual level of tyranny.

 

Is it because he doesn’t feel he has to try anymore because of our agreement? Or because I upset him? Harry frowned, and vowed to speak with his father about that as well at the end of class.

 

Finally the bell rang and Harry waved his friends to continue on to their next lesson without him – all the while knowing that they would wait in the corridor for him despite this – and made his way to the front of the classroom to where Snape was standing.

 

“Sir, could I speak to you privately for a moment?”

 

Snape frowned down at him for a moment. “Very well,” he said eventually. “I have something I need to talk to you about as well.”

 

Harry gulped. This didn’t sound good. Besides that, there was something odd about the cadence of the man’s speech as he addressed him. Had Harry really upset him that much?

 

“Listen, Dad, I’m really sorry about what I said earlier this morning, I didn’t mean any of it...” he tried to rush out, intent on setting everything right but was abruptly broken off by Snape’s hand making a sharp silencing motion. Harry took a step back, his throat becoming thick. What did this mean? Wasn’t Snape going to forgive him? But he’d seemed fine about it earlier!

 

Harry watched despondently as the man quickly locked the door and threw up silencing wards around them. It was a few more moments before the man turned back to him.

 

“Now, Harry, we can talk freely,” he said warmly. Too warmly. “If you would be kind enough to wait for a few moments, I should be able to clear everything up for you.”

 

Harry stared at Snape confused, stunned. The man never talked to him like that. There was always an underlying sharpness to his words – something Harry had come to recognise as the man’s wit and intellect showing through. Something – oddly – Harry realised he had been beginning to view as a sign of comfort... security.

 

Weird... Harry shook his head and wrinkled his nose as he glanced again at the placidly smiling Snape. That was another thing – his father never smiled for so long for no reason, and not so blandly either. Had he been hit by some kind of charm, or...?

 

He gasped as his second suspicion came true before his eyes – Snape’s black hair melted back into in his, becoming sandy instead. He lost some of his height and his face changed from sharp angles into rounder features covered in soft lines. The transformation was over before Harry could catch his breath.

 

“Professor Lupin! Err, Remus,” he exclaimed in delight before falling silent and asking in a softer voice, “Where’s Dad?”

 

“Harry...” Remus smiled sadly before continuing, “I’m afraid Professor Snape was called away on his mission earlier than expected. I am sorry, but I have no idea when he or Sirius will return. He did, however, leave something behind for me to give you. Here.”

 

Remus reached into the desk, brought out a sealed letter and handed it to him. Harry took it numbly, vaguely recognising the Prince family seal indenting the wax holding the parchment closed. Did this mean that Snape was really... gone?

 

“Thanks, Remus,” he said dully, letting his hand holding the letter fall to his side. Somehow he knew he wouldn’t want to open it in company.

 

“Well, then,” Remus continued to smile, but it looked a little strange as his eyes conveyed his worry, “I’ve been hoping that we can use this time with me posing as Professor Snape to catch up again. Can you believe we haven’t seen each other since the summer?” Remus chuckled and shook his head. “I have it on good authority that Sirius has been missing you terribly. Perhaps you might be able to persuade the Professor to let him visit you once they return?”

 

Harry shrugged. “Sure.” As much as it was wonderful to see the Marauder again, he was dying to go and read the letter from his father. What had he said? Was it instructions? Comfort? Forgiveness of Harry’s increasingly rude and callous behaviour? He swallowed and tried to focus on what Remus was saying.

 

“Now, Harry.” The man stood and leaned against the desk. “The Headmaster told us of all the events that occurred this summer. Is it true? Is Severus truly your father?”

 

Harry gulped as he remembered how he had ignored the man’s mail – of course he wouldn’t know about Snape – and nodded. “Yes. Yes, he is.”

 

“And is he treating you well? Forgive me, Harry, but you seem incredibly quiet. Is everything alright?”

 

Harry nodded again. “Yes, I’m fine, it’s just... I said some pretty awful things to him this morning, and he took them very well, but I know I must have hurt him with what I said and I really wanted to apologise before he left.” Harry looked sadly down at the letter. “And now I can’t.”

 

“Harry.” Strong arms pulled him into a hug and he leaned into the warmth, glad of not having to be alone, even if it was for just this moment. “I will be here if you wish to talk. About anything. Just like your third year, yes?”

 

Harry smiled a little and nodded before pulling out of the embrace. “OK. Thanks. He really is treating me well, you know. Yes, we have rocky patches, but then, don’t all new relationships?”

 

Remus laughed and ruffled Harry’s hair. “Stop behaving like you’re forty instead of fourteen. Even your mother wasn’t as sensible as you are at your age! And besides, you don’t need to convince me, Harry. If you say you’re happy, I trust you.”

 

Harry smiled, feeling his heart warm properly for the first time in a long while. “I know I don’t. But I need you on my side to help convince Sirius!”

 

Remus let out a full laugh. “That sounds about right. Off to classes with you! How about you come round to Severus’ quarters tomorrow after dinner and we’ll talk then?”

 

Harry grinned. “Sounds great! See you!” He only glanced back once – when he reached the classroom door – and was in time to see Remus swallow a dark blue potion which started to transform the man back into the one he was masquerading as with a grimace.

 

“Oh, and Harry?” The timbre of the voice was an odd combination of both men for a moment as it settled into Snape’s deeper tones. “The fewer people know about this, the better. Severus gave me permission to tell you, but not Ron and Hermione, I’m afraid. Can I have your word that you won’t tell them?”

 

“Of course, Professor,” Harry said lightly before closing the door behind him and weaving between the younger students waiting outside. Predictably, several jumped back, giving him a wide berth. Not on your life. No more secrets – not anymore.

 

“Hey, guys,” he muttered as he came alongside Ron and Hermione. “We’re skipping History.”

 

Hermione looked utterly scandalised. “No, we are not, Harry James!” she exclaimed.

 

“Oh, yes we are,” he whispered, grabbing her arm and tugging her along behind him. Ron followed much more complacently. “There’s something very, very important that I have to tell you.”

The End.
End Notes:
Err, does it count as a cliffhanger if you already know what Harry's going to talk about? Oops. Sorry for the long wait - I'm afraid updates will continue to come at a much slower pace than everyone would prefer, but I promise I will not abandon this story.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1780