Harry Potter's Parent Trap by Phoenix Phyre
Summary: Severus and Lily are divorced and Harry tries to get them back together. Entry in the 2009 Challenge Fest. In response to the Parent Trap Challenge by Ponytail Goddess.
Categories: Parental Snape > Stepfather Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dudley, Fred George, James, Lily, Neville, Original Character, Petunia, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, General, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Prompts:
Parent Trap
Challenges: Parent Trap
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: Yes Word count: 25081 Read: 76713 Published: 16 May 2009 Updated: 05 Dec 2009
Chapter 1 by Phoenix Phyre

I.

Norris Lake Quidditch Camp, Norris Lake, TN

Merlin Cabin - 1 July 1990

"Guys, gather round. Let's go over the normal schedule here," Camp Counselor Charlie Weasley said. "Alright. As you can see, there are seven campers in each cabin. And there are seven cabins in each quadrant, which means there are seven Quidditch teams each block. I would like to go around the room here, and have each of you introduce yourselves, tell us where you are from, what position you play, and one interesting fact about yourself. I will start. I am Charlie Weasley. I am 17 years old, and graduated from Gryffindor House at Hogwarts this year. I am from England, obviously, and I play seeker. An interesting fact about me is that I enjoy working with dragons. Alright, who would like to go next?"

A red-headed boy across the room raised his hand. "I'll go, Charlie. Hi, everyone. I am Ron Weasley, and yes, I am Charlie's brother. I am 11 years old, and also from England. I play keeper, and an interesting fact about me is that I am the second youngest of seven kids!"

Another hand shot up. "I'm Aidyn McDonlevy. I'll be 11 tomorrow. My family recently moved to Knoxville, TN, from County Antrim, in Ireland. Something about me is that I enjoy cooking with my older sister, who is attending the girls' camp across the lake."

"What position do you play, Aidyn?" Charlie asked.

"Oh, I play both beater and chaser, but I prefer chaser," Aidyn replied.

"Well, we're glad to have you here as a chaser, Aidyn. Alright, who would like to go next?" inquired the redheaded counselor.

"I will. I am Aarik Severus Evans, but please, call me Harry. Only my mother calls me by my full name. I am 10 years old, and live in Little Whinging, Surrey, which is in England. I play seeker, and my favourite thing to do is to play football (A/N: read as soccer) with my Muggle cousin Dudley, and our friend, Neville Longbottom, who is here with us," Harry said, smiling at the slightly chubby boy sitting next to him.

"I'll take that as my cue. I am Neville Longbottom, and I am also 10 years old. My parents and I live next door to Harry's family in Surrey, and, as Harry said, we hang out with his cousin and enjoy playing football. I will be a chaser this week, since the keeper positions were all full, but it will be fun. An interesting fact is that I am only a day older than my best friend!" Neville said shyly.

A blond boy raised his hand hesitantly, and spoke with a musical voice, " Looks like I'll be rounding out the chasers, then. I am Richard Logan Leonard. I prefer to be called Rick. I am 10 years old, and I am from Anaheim, California. An interesting fact about me is I like to work with electronics. My dad and I are working on charming a laptop to work in magic-heavy areas."

"Dude, that would be, like, so cool! I am working on writing some music using a computer-based synthesizer, and it would be cool to be able to continue on it when school starts this fall," a sandy-haired boy said. "Oh, by the way, I am Sean Michaelson. I'm 10 years old, and live in Brooksville, FL. Obviously, I am a beater, and I like to write music with my friend, Anders," he finished, throwing his arm around the shoulder of the boy next to him.

"Er... hi, guys. I am Anders Philip Miklos, and I play beater, although you probably guessed that by now. I am 10, although I will be eleven in a month's time. I am from Brooksville, FL, although Sean made my saying that redundant. I enjoy writing prose and poetry, and I am Sean's lyricist, or rather, he's my musician. We're the best of friends, and do almost everything together," Anders finished, pushing up his glasses and brushing his sandy brown hair off of his forehead.

Charlie glanced around at everyone. Then, in a decidedly cheerful voice, said, "Alright, now that we have all introduced ourselves, how about we go over for a spot of lunch?"

The boys cheered and followed Charlie out of the cabin and off to lunch.

II.

Norris Lake Quidditch Camp, Norris Lake, TN

Mess hall - 1 July 1990 12h30

Piling into the mess hall, the Merlin Cabin boys joined the queue for the lunch buffet. There was a wide selection of food, yet Harry had a hard time finding something safe to eat. Being lactose-intolerant meant always watching out to make sure his selections were not dairy-laden. He made it through the salad, main course, and bread lines without too much trouble, and he was now in the dessert line.

"Ice cream, child?" Filius Flitwick, a very short man with wild white hair and a squeaky voice, asked him.

"No thank you, sir. I am lactose-intolerant," Harry replied, picking up a bowl of fruit and turning to go join his teammates at their table.

"Would you like some ice cream, child?" Filius asked, turning toward the camper on his other side.

"No thanks. Lactose-intolerant," he replied.

"Err... weren't you just- right over here?" Filius asked, pointing to his other side.

"No sir, I wasn't. I have been standing here waiting to get a bowl of fruit for the last five minutes," William Octavian Snape replied in an impatient tone.

"Oh, alright," Filius said, confusedly. "Here you go," he said, handing the boy a bowl of fruit before walking away to go sit at the staff table. 'I could have sworn that that boy was on my right, and had walked away, but then he was there on my left... maybe I am just seeing things. One too many blunders to the head, I suppose.'

"Is everything alright, Professor?" Bill Weasley, who was serving as Godric cabin counselor, asked.

"Yes, yes, I am fine. Just a little confused right now. And please, Mr. Weasley, call me Filius."

"Only if you call me Bill. And what, may I ask, has you so confused?"

Filius explained what had happened at the dessert table to Bill and Charlie, who was listening in. The Weasley boys looked at each other, and Bill asked, "What did this camper look like?"

"He is about 5'3/5'4, slim, messy black hair, green eyes and glasses, looks like a cross between Lily Evans and James Potter, if they had ever been married. Perfect candidate for a seeker," Filius said, before asking, "Why do you want to know?"

"I have a camper that looks just like that," they both said in unison. Charlie looked over at Bill quizzically.

"That description matches my seeker, Harry Evans, perfectly," Charlie said. "Only child of Lily Evans. I don't know who his father is; he goes by his mother's maiden name. Lives with Lily in Little Whinging, Surrey, in England. He is sitting over there, by Neville Longbottom," he said, pointing at Harry.

"The description also matches MY seeker, William Snape," Bill replied. "Son of the war hero, Severus Snape, mother unknown, and lives up in Ohio, in the Amish area of the state," he said, pointing at William. "I wonder, weren’t Severus and Lily close throughout school?"

"Very, but around the time that You-Know-Who was offed, they had some kind of falling out. Severus moved here to the States, and Lily stayed at the school as a teacher. She took over my position when I decided to retire here to Tennessee," Filius said. "I never knew that he had a son, and I don't know the father of Lily's son is... you don't think...?"

"It is a possibility. We will just have to observe and see what information we can gleam throughout the summer," Charlie said, when all of a sudden, there was a cry of "FOOD FIGHT!" and almost instantaneously, there was a barrage of food flying everywhere.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1826