Harry Potter's Parent Trap by Phoenix Phyre
Summary: Severus and Lily are divorced and Harry tries to get them back together. Entry in the 2009 Challenge Fest. In response to the Parent Trap Challenge by Ponytail Goddess.
Categories: Parental Snape > Stepfather Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dudley, Fred George, James, Lily, Neville, Original Character, Petunia, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, General, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Prompts:
Parent Trap
Challenges: Parent Trap
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: Yes Word count: 25081 Read: 76708 Published: 16 May 2009 Updated: 05 Dec 2009
Chapter 2 by Phoenix Phyre
Author's Notes:
This is AU, and in my version, the Seeker wears an outfit like a fencer, complete with screened mask.

On to the story...

I.

Merlin Cabin

"Hey, Harry, did you see that boy, William Snape? He looked just like you!" Neville said.

"And he even has the same last name of your father."

"Coincidence, I am sure. And he looked nothing like me! I am way handsomer than he is!" Harry replied.

"I don't know, Harry. He did look a lot like you. And I heard he plays seeker, too," Ron Weasley said as he started changing into his Keeper kit.

"Whatever," Harry replied. "It's almost time for our first game, so we better hurry up changing, grab our brooms and get over to the pitch before we're late."

II.

Quidditch Field

"And Harry Evans has the Snitch! Merlin wins 330-320!" Flitwick screeched.

The teams landed, and Harry walked over to the Godric cabin seeker, and held out his hand.

"Good game, Snape."

"Good game, I suppose. If it weren't for you having that fancy broom, I would have beaten you to the Snitch any given day."

"Really? How about a Seekers' match? Right here, right now," Harry challenged. "And I will even use an inferior broom, to even up the skills a bit."

"You're on. Thing 1 and Thing 2,” William said, pointing to the Weasley twins, “, you're the refs. On the count of ten, release the snitch."

The two seekers mounted their brooms, Harry riding Neville's, and took their positions. The twins counted to ten and released the snitch, which disappeared fairly quickly.

After about thirty minutes of searching for the Snitch and showing off aerodynamic stunts, the Snitch made an appearance, lazily flapping its wings right in the perfect center between the seekers. Harry and William both took off toward the Snitch, and, just as they both reached out to grab it, it streaked off. They both barreled after it, and Harry JUST managed to grab it before William could.

"Hah! This proves that even on an inferior broom, I am still the better seeker," Harry boasted, puffing out his chest.

"It proves nothing except that you are very lucky," William said. "Good game, though. It's not often that I lose the Snitch to another seeker."

"Good game," Harry responded, pulling off his protective headgear and brushing his fringe off of his forehead.

William mimicked Harry's movements. There was a collective gasp from both boys' roommates, who started circling around the two seekers.

"What is up with you people? You're circling us like a vulture circles carrion, and I, for one, don't appreciate it," William snapped, pulling a decent Snape scowl.

"Dude, you two, it's like looking at mirror images. You two are identical!"

"What?!? No way! I don't look like him!" Harry said. "Neville, c'mon, tell them I don't look like this.. this.. Snape!"

" I don't know, Harry. I told you earlier that you two looked similar. I still hold that, and taking a closer look, he does have the same colour eyes you do," Neville responded.

"A lot of people have green eyes, I bet. And so what if we look alike? I am an only child," William said.

"As am I. I don't want to talk about this nonsense anymore. I am going to take a swim. Who's with me?" Harry said, walking off toward Merlin cabin to change into his swimsuit. The two cabin groups broke up to do their own things, and, for the time being, all notions of doppelgangers were forgotten.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1826