Harry Potter's Parent Trap by Phoenix Phyre
Summary: Severus and Lily are divorced and Harry tries to get them back together. Entry in the 2009 Challenge Fest. In response to the Parent Trap Challenge by Ponytail Goddess.
Categories: Parental Snape > Stepfather Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dudley, Fred George, James, Lily, Neville, Original Character, Petunia, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Family, General, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Prompts:
Parent Trap
Challenges: Parent Trap
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: Yes Word count: 25081 Read: 76713 Published: 16 May 2009 Updated: 05 Dec 2009
Chapter 6 by Phoenix Phyre

Knoxville International Airport

Knoxville, TN

As the campers were piling off of the bus and splitting up in the airport to find their various ways home, Harry was growing increasingly more nervous. He would be meeting his father for the first time in his life. Not that his father would know it was him. He would think Harry was William. Maybe it would give Harry a chance to see and get to know the real Severus Snape.

“Brother!” Harry heard, snapping him out of his reverie.

“Yes, brother?” he replied.

“Sean gave me these,” William said, holding up what appeared to be normal, everyday hand mirrors. “They’re charmed for two-way communications. All you have to say to activate it is my name. Make sure you are in my… er… our bedroom when you call me, though, because there are silencing and privacy charms up. That way, we won’t be caught out before we are ready to spring the trap.”

“Ingenious idea, really. I’ll have to write to Sean and thank him for these. Unless... does the charm only work on these mirrors, or is there a larger mirror network?”

“It is a network...” started William, before Harry gasped and yanked William backwards into a restroom. “What in Merlin’s name did you do THAT for?”

“I just saw our house elf, Dobby, out there. It’s show time, baby. Call me tonight, and we can set up a schedule for weekly updates on how Project Parent Trap is progressing. Now head on out there and call for Dobby, so he can find you.”

William did so, and was on his way off to England within minutes. Harry gave William a few minutes to get on his way before heading out of the restroom. He went over to where he had set his luggage and drug it over to the Floo point. Handing the clerk his return voucher, he grabbed a handful of Floo powder, threw it into the fireplace grate, and stepped in, calling out “James Cox” as he did so. In a swirl of fiery colour, he was on his way.


“Oomph!” Harry wheezed as the Floo unceremoniously dumped him out head-first onto the hearth at Dayton International Airport.

“You never could Floo gracefully, could you, Childe?” chuckled a tall, pale man with lank, greasy hair.

Harry glanced up and saw the speaker in question, and gasped out “Father!” He scrambled up and ran over to give the man a hug. “I’ve missed you! I missed you so very much!”

“You have only been gone for eight weeks, William. You could not have missed me that much,” Severus Snape said to his son.

“Only eight weeks. Yeah. For some reason, though, it felt like so much longer. It feels like as if this is the first time I have ever met you in my life, I missed you so much,” Harry said. “I am glad to be home.”

“Well, we’re not quite there yet. We’ve a long ride ahead of us. Let’s go, though,” Severus said.

Harry followed his father out into and through the Muggle part of the airport. As they stepped outside, Harry squinted as he tried to spot their carriage through the glaringly bright sunlight.

“Father?” Harry asked. “Where is our carriage?”

“I used the Floo to get to Columbus, and rented a Muggle vehicle there. Last time, the Muggles got suspicious about a seemingly horseless, motorless carriage. We will be going back down I-70 and will be in Columbus in about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic, and can floo home from there,” Severus said. They walked up to a brand new BMW, and Severus popped the trunk. “Here. Let me load those in the boot, and we can finally get out of this God-forsaken maze called an airport.”

They got into the vehicle, and were on their way.

________________________________________

Heathrow Airport

London, England

“Oomph!” William uttered upon becoming acquainted with Heathrow Airport’s floor, face first. He quickly stood up, brushing the soot off from the front of his clothing. A quick glance around the room showed that his mum was sitting next to another lady with a giraffe-like neck. Racking his memory, he recalled that she was his Aunt Petunia. Walking toward them, he called out, “Mum! Aunt Petunia! I am so glad to see you!”

The two women stood and turned to look right at William.

“Harry! You’re back!” Lily said, opening her arms for a hug.

“Oh, mum!” William said, throwing himself into his mother’s waiting arms. “I missed you so much. It’s great to be back, to be with my family...”

“I’m glad to have you back, too, honey,” Lily said.

“Hey, Harry!” a voice said from behind him, putting emphasis on the name Harry. “You mind if I get a hug from my Aunt Lils, instead of bogarting her all night?”

William let go of his mother and turned around. He broke out in a grin and said, “Hey there, Nev. Nice to see you made it, instead of falling out of the wrong grate, again.”

“Yes, yes, well... How about giving your Aunt Petunia a hug?” Petunia spoke for the first time since the boys had arrived.

William walked over to her and gave her a hug. “It’s good to see you too, Aunt Petunia. It’s great to be back with my family. Speaking of which, how is Grandfather? and Aunt Alice?”

“They’re both fine. Now that you’re both here, let’s bust a move on getting out of this infernal airport,” Lily said. She led the way through the airport’s Wizarding quadrant out onto the Muggle street.

A limousine was sitting out front with a chauffer waiting at the door. Upon seeing the group, he snapped to attention and said, “Ms. Evans and company, I presume?”

At the quizzical nod from Lily, he continued, “A Mister James Potter has paid me to be at your beck and call, so I am at your disposal for the rest of the day...”

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1826