Cat's Eye View by Baghi
Summary: Sequel to 'Strange day in the Kitchen Corridor', Harry is subjected to a curse from Malfoy. His Uncle is not pleased. Harry sends a request for help, which is answered by Minerva McGonagall, and none other then Severus Snape.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Creature!fic, Snape-meets-Dursleys, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: 6th summer, 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity
Challenges: None
Series: Feline trouble
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 18759 Read: 53177 Published: 21 May 2009 Updated: 16 Jul 2009
A Potion Gone Wrong by Baghi
Author's Notes:
By the way, the spell cast by Harry on Draco in the last chapter meant: Animal-person shift. Mens Vinculum means Mind Bond

Harry bit back a yelp as his ear was jerked in the firm grasp of his Professor as he tripped. After throwing a pie in Snape's face(with Malfoy getting Professor McGonagall), he had watched with nervousness as their faces turned grim. He had then found himself being dragged along after Professor McGonagall by his ear. He noticed though that Malfoy hadn't escaped getting caught in the same type of hold by Snape. At least they had done it together, so neither could get punished without the other. That was something to be glad about.

They were led back to the Infirmary by two furious Professors, to be met by an equally furious Healer. All three proceeded to give them an ear-ringing lecture, and for their impudence they received two detentions each. One with Professor McGonagall, the other with Snape. They were then left to go to the lavatory alone to try and get the now dry food out of their pelts. Harry chuckled slightly after the door was closed, and at Malfoy's odd look, stated "The Professors' look was priceless!"

Malfoy grinned, and nodded, saying "Just seeing Professor Snape looking dumbfounded was worth the punishment. Y'know, your okay Potter. I hardly expected you to be one for a food fight. I suggest we declare a truce...at least until school starts." Harry nodded, and held out a paw-like hand with the claws sheathed, stating "Agreed." Malfoy met the shake, and both smiled lightly at each other. They then went into separate showers to try and remove the 'food-glue' from their fur.

***

Severus groaned, rubbing at his temples, and muttering "If those two get along the rest of the summer, I think we will have problems."

Minerva tilted her head in an obvious 'why?' gesture. Severus stated "Because, those two will be able to get into more mischief then the Weasley Twins and the Marauders combined!" Minerva paled at that, knowing that they were going to be up to their ears in trouble if they couldn't keep Potter and Malfoy under control.

Minerva murmured "Maybe we should see Albus about this....speaking of Albus." The two Professors stopped walking, and nodded at the Headmaster as he approached them. For some strange reason, a large black dog was trailing him. Albus smiled quietly, and said "Snuffles here is Harry's dog...or would have been if he hadn't been with the Dursley's." The dog growled at the name of the Muggles, but Albus shushed him, and motioned for Snuffles to go find Harry.

"Now, I assume you two have something to tell me?" Albus asked. Minerva and Severus smirked at each other. How Albus knew what they were thinking only he knew. But they weren't about to question him on that. Following the Headmaster to his office, they prepared to tell him all that was needed to be said.

***

Harry was just coming out of the bathroom, drying himself one-handedly as his arm had started to hurt from the activities of the day, when Snuffles came in. Harry gaped slightly, then grinned, crying "Snuffles!" He ran over to hug the dog around the neck. Snuffles proceeded to lick him happily. Harry whispered in the dog's ear "You can't transform here, but wait till tonight, then we'll talk, okay?" The dog nodded before sitting on his haunches.

Malfoy came out just then, and stared warily at the black dog. He said softly "You do realize that dog resembles a grim, don't you Potter?" Harry nodded, and said with a smile "I thought so at first too, but after I got to know Snuffles I realized he wasn't so bad. Certainly not a bringer of doom, or whatever such nonsense the Divination books say." Madame Pomfrey bustled out, glaring at them until they returned to bed. The dog trotted over and laid down by Harry's bed.

Pomfrey also glared at the dog, but knew that it wasn't about to leave. She then performed her diagnoses spells and muttered "Potter, you've strained your arm. I'm going to have to insist you keep it in a sling if you don't stop such foolish acts." Before Harry could agree or not, his right arm was in a sling and his left hand held a vial of pain-reliever. He noticed that Malfoy had one two. Shrugging, he stated "Bottoms up!" Both drank the potion, and both soon fell asleep.

***

Later that night

"Snuffles, will you be quiet!" hissed Harry as they tip-toed up to the seventh floor. Harry had called Dobby as soon as he'd woken up, and the house-elf had told him where he could find a place to talk to his godfather in privacy. Snuffles just looked at him in annoyance, but he did quiet down. They soon reached the corridor where the Room of Requirement could be found. Doing as Dobby had told him, Harry paced three times up and down said corridor. At the third pass, a door appeared. Opening it, he waited for Snuffles to enter before entering himself. He closed the door behind him.

Harry gasped slightly as he was gripped in a giant bear-hug. Smiling, he says "I missed you too, Sirius." Snuffles had transformed into a thin man with black hair and lively eyes. Despite still being in hiding, Sirius Black looked better then he had when Harry had first met him two years ago. Then he had looked desperate, sad and a little bit crazy.

"How you doing, kiddo? As soon as I heard from Albus what had happened, I came. What spell are you under, by the way?" Harry grinned at his godfather's words, and sat down at a chair that appeared near the center of the room. He proceeded to tell all of what had happened, beginning a week ago. He had to stop briefly as he told of the beatings, for Sirius looked ready to go out and slaughter a certain Muggle. After getting Sirius to calm down, he told how he had been rescued. Sirius seemed surprised that in had been Snape who had saved him.

"Believe me, I was surprised to at his attitude. But at the time, I had never been more happy to see him. I mean, at least he is on our side. Imagine if it had been Malfoy Senior instead." Sirius blanched at that thought, and pulled Harry into another hug. The two continued talking well into the night before it was decided Harry had better head back to the Infirmary. Sirius murmured softly "Remember, I'll be staying awhile in my dog form. I'm not going to let you get out of my sight for at least the next month." Harry chuckled, and returned to the Infirmary, followed by a black dog who resembled a grim.

***

A week later

"Man, it's great to be out of there. Bad enough we had to do detentions, but to be stuck in the Infirmary at the same time?" muttered Malfoy. Or Draco, as Harry was beginning to think of his rival. That past week had been very informative, for both of them. It showed that old enemies could get along when they tried. Harry hoped they could drop the enemy part when they got back to classes, and just be rivals. One could dream, couldn't they?

"Indeed. I spend more time there then I do my own room!" Harry said with a smirk. It was true, he reflected. He did spend more time in the Infirmary then in the dormitory up in Gryffindor Tower. He glanced back to the dog that was padding after him. Snuffles had a canine grin on his face, and Harry chuckled mentally. He turned back to Draco, and said "Why don't we go to the library? We need to finish our homework, and as long as we stay out of the restricted section, I'm sure the adults wont mind."

Draco agreed, and a few hours later would find them finishing off an essay. Harry got up to find a book on Potions to help him with the essay he was struggling on. Seeing one, he climbed up the ladder to snag it down. Returning to his seat, he opened it to the middle. That was where he found it. A potion that was difficult to make, but could be useful. Seeing that Draco was finished with his essay, he nudged him gently.

Draco looked up, slightly annoyed. The ermine's jaw dropped as he saw the Potion that Harry had found. He stated "Sweet Merlin, the Mens Vinculum Potion. Otherwise known as the 'Other-persons Shoes' Potion. I heard about it but didn't know they would have the recipe outside the restricted section." Indeed, Draco's surprise was valid. The Potion was a seventh year extra-credit project, and required a lot of patience. Oddly enough, though, it only took twelve hours to brew.

Draco's eyes met Harry's green ones. The ermine shook his head in bemusement, and Harry pocketed the book. They proceeded to pack up their supplies, and headed for the door. Harry remembered something, and told Draco to wait in the hallway. He knelt, and murmured in Snuffle's ear "I don't need a shadow for this. Besides, I saw some hares on the ground this morning as I looked out the Infirmary window." The dog's ears perked, and Snuffles trotted off. Harry smiled, knowing there would be hell to pay when his godfather returned from hunting.

Harry met an impatient Draco outside, and both went up to the seventh floor corridor. Harry opened the Room of Requirement, and they entered it. Closing and locking it, he smiled as he saw they had all the preparations they needed. The ermine and the panther set to work, brewing a forbidden potion.

***

Twelve hours later

"I think we've done it, Dra...Malfoy" Harry said. He hoped that the other would be too caught up with excitement to notice his slip up. For once, his hopes were answered. They both stared at the pure white potion, the color it was suppose to turn when it was complete and done right. They debated on weather to hand it in for a grade, or to take it themselves. Taking it themselves won out.

Filling two separate vials carefully, Harry handed one to Draco. Then he said "We better sit down." and proceeded to do so in the chair that appeared for him. Draco took the other chair that had appeared. Draco murmured "Ready?" Harry nodded, and counted to three. As he said three, both downed the clear potion.

Draco's face seemed to drain of as much color as it could, and passed out after a few minutes. Harry understood why, as his mind was assaulted with memories that were not his own. Harry barely lasted a minute after Draco fainted before fainting too. They had found out the hard way why Mens Vinculum was a forbidden potion.

The End.
End Notes:
Hope you like. Yes, the Bond is very important later on. So keep your eyes out for it


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1832