Spectacles by Attackfish
Summary: A Death Eater meeting brings into focus James Potter's place in Voldemort's new society.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Bellatrix, James, Voldemort, Wormtail
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Baby fic, Child fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Profanity, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: Good People and Death Eaters
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 4521 Read: 10130 Published: 22 May 2009 Updated: 02 Jan 2012
Drabble: Safe by Attackfish
Author's Notes:
This isn't really a chapter so much as it's a 200 word drabble set when Harry's about four. There isn't any Harry or Snape in it, unfortunately, but I hope you can forgive me.

James' knees bent and he slid the binder onto the bottom shelf.  A shadow fell across his back, and he froze, his hand trapped in the air.  "So Potter, what are you doing at Hogwarts in the middle of the Holiday?"

James pushed himself to his feet.  "More than you, Avery."

The Death Eater smiled painfully.  "Where's your master?  I have paperwork for him."

"It's Christmas, where do you think?" James snapped, "He's home with his son."

"And yet you're here."  Avery raised his wand and flicked away a piece of lint before pointing it at James.

James backed up quickly, slamming into the bookcase.  "I'll take him the paperwork; just leave it."

"I'd love to know how you smuggled out that ledger." The wand flicked up and the air around James' throat and chest hardened.  He opened his mouth to suck in breath, but nothing would get past it pressing against him.

"I couldn't have! he gasped, "Bloody hell, how would I have?"

"Keep hoping I won't find out."

The air tightened around him, and he thought he was imagining it when he heard his name from the earring.

As he vanished, he kept his eyes on Avery.  Safe.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1833