The Runner by Baghi
Summary: Harry is a runner of drugs, but becomes addicted to alcohol along the way. Severus finds out, and tries to help him.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Drug use, Neglect, Profanity, Rape, Self-harm, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: Runner
Chapters: 29 Completed: Yes Word count: 42847 Read: 146534 Published: 25 Jun 2009 Updated: 22 Aug 2011
Judgment Reserved by Baghi
Author's Notes:
Okay folks, here it is. Chapter 10 in Runner. So without further ado.

Last time:

 

"Harry, we have some news for you." began Hermoine. Before she could finish, however, the door opened behind the raven-haired teen. Turning around, Harry was stunned to see who was standing in the doorway. Looking at him in equal shock, was his number one enemy in Hogwarts, Draco Malfoy. As his world turned red, he barely noticed that Ron had leaped off the bed he'd been sitting on to grab him from behind. All he could think about was lunging at Malfoy with all his strength, as his anger that had built up over the summer came pouring out in truck loads.

Draco backed up, his eyes wide with fright as he (to use a muggle expression) stared down the horns of a bull. He could tell that Potter was in a rage, something he himself had never seen. Indeed, it seemed to be apparent that the other two of the Golden Trio had never seen Harry this angry at anyone. He wouldn’t bet on it, but he was sure that if it hadn’t been for Weasley’s quick action, he would be experiencing pain from those fists that Potter clenched.

"Harry, stop it mate!" cried Ron as he struggled to keep Harry from attacking Malfoy. It was a hard battle, despite the fact that Harry was shorter and scrawnier than either he or Hermoine. Speaking of the bushy-haired witch, she had slowly put herself in front of Harry, blocking his view of the blonde. Harry seemed to calm down as he no longer saw his nemesis, but Ron kept a hold on him anyway, just in case.

"What is that ferret doing here? How did he get past the Fidelus charms anyway?" Harry asked through gritted teeth. Hermoine spoke, her voice quiet "His father approached Dumbledore a couple weeks ago. According to the Headmaster, Malfoy Sr. said that Tom wished for Draco to be brought forward to be initiated. That didn’t sit well with Draco’s father, so he asked Professor Dumbledore for help. As you can see, he agreed, as did the rest of the Order."

Harry snarled a bit, and then shook his head. He spat "I will reserve judgment, Malfoy, but step out of line here, and you will know what it’s like to feel pain." With that he shrugged out of Ron’s hold, and stalked away, heading upstairs on cat-like feet.

"That went well" murmured Ron sardonically. Hermoine glared at him, and Draco just rolled his eyes. He sat down, saying "So that’s my goal, is it? To try and prove that I’m not as Dark as my father was at my age? How will I do that?" Hermoine sighed, and sat down, stating "You’ll do your best. That’s all anyone can ask of you."

***

Severus sighed, rubbing his aching head. While the younger wizards were in a tableau upstairs, things were rather hectic at the Order’s Meeting. He had just found out about Draco, and knew that Ha…Potter didn’t know. He hoped that everything had turned out okay in the end. He glared at Albus for not warning him that this had happened.

Albus shook his head lightly at the younger wizard, for once seeing the glare directed at him. They both returned their attention to the Meeting, where Shacklebot was ending his report. After he was finished, Albus turned to a slight woman who looked about Minerva’s age. She was thin and short, with waist-length silver-hair. A patch that was sewn to her robes marked her as something different.

She smiled as Albus motioned her to make her report. She began, her voice soft, sounding like wind through ancient trees "My duties go well. Tom doesn’t suspect me to be a double-agent. I think it might be because I’m female. He merely crows that he seems to have one of the S.o.N.A. as a minion. He is blind to the fact that I’m destroying bit by bit his hope to survive the final battle. There are three items left to find, two of which I know. Also, we of S.o.N.A. have scouted two new recruits. After the fifth, I suggest someone bring the Malfoy scion and the Potter child to our place in Diagon Alley. That is all."

As the strange woman sat back down, others gazed at her in awe. Severus merely gazed in disbelief, though he wasn’t sure what he was disbelieving of. His mind wandered briefly, wondering if it was true. He had seen that strange birthmark on Potter. If it was true, then it meant the boy would have to undergo another trial after his Ministry one. He decided to worry about that later, after the Meeting. He couldn’t do everything at once, after all.

The End.
End Notes:
Well, you’ve met a new character. I will name her later, and will also tell you what she was talking about. Did you like this chapter? If so, please R&R.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1864