A Different Life For Harry by Black Banshee Girl
Summary: When Dumbledore and McGonagall drop Harry off at the Dursley's after Harry's family dies. Unknown to anyone Snape, his true father, takes him away to live with him at his house. Follow Harry's other life as he lives with Snape, is loved, and is sorted into a much different house then he would have if he had lived with the Dursleys. This story also includes Hermione as his adopted sister.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Resorting
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 8880 Read: 25023 Published: 29 Jun 2009 Updated: 20 Mar 2010
Chapter 5 by Black Banshee Girl

Harry and Hermione both looked at the essays that Professors Binns and McGonagall wanted done. They had finished them a few days ago but Harry and Hermione wanted to use the time to make sure that they had gotten them right.

“I don’t know why we have to know the werewolf code of conduct,” Harry said.

“Because it’s important and dad would kill us if we didn’t make sure that we had finished it,” Hermione pointed out.

“True but I still think the homework was pointless,” Harry said, his eyes going over what he had written.

Overall the first week at Hogwarts had been easy, thanks to all the training that their father had given them. They were going to have Flying Lessons next week and Harry wasn’t sure how he would do with that. It wasn’t something that you could learn in a book. However Harry and Hermione joined the other Ravenclaws for their first flying lesson which was also with the Hufflepuff’s. Madam Hooch was waiting on them and tapped her foot when the students took too long.

“Come along and stand next to a broom,” she told them.

Harry looked down at his broom and saw it was very old. He had heard a great deal about the school brooms and Terry Boot complained that some of them flew too slow or wobbled when you flew to high. Another Ravenclaw said that some of the brooms flew to the left and Harry wondered if his would do any of those things. He hoped not.

“Now place your right hand over your broom and say ‘up,’ Hooch ordered.

“UP!” Harry said and his broom jumped into his hands at once.

As for Hermione it took several tries before her broom finally jumped into her hand.

“Now swing your leg over to mount your broom,” Hooch said.

One by one each student mounted their broom but it was clear that some of the girls didn’t like the idea that the only thing not showing off their bum was their skirts. Deep down Harry wished that girls could wear pants instead of a skirt.

“Now when I count to three you will kick off the ground, hard, hover for a few moments and then lean forward and touch back down,” Hooch instructed, “One…two…three.”

She blasted her whistle and the students took off one by one.

Unknown to anyone Ron Weasley and his three friends were watching the whole Flying Lesson. He smirked when Hermione had trouble staying on her broom and Madam Hooch had to help.

“Well the little Mudblood is having trouble,” Ron sneered.

“What are we going to do?” Crabbe asked.

Ron turned to him. “We’ll make her pay and then we’ll go after the brother.”

“But what if Snape finds out?” Goyle asked.

Ron smirked at him as if to say ‘he’ll never find out.’ “Don’t worry; I’ll make sure that we don’t lose any points.”

Unknown to them someone else was watching. Draco Malfoy knew that Weasley and his three friends were up to something. Not being in Slytherin he didn’t think that he had to keep his mouth shut about anything. Hermione Snape might not be a pureblood but she didn’t need to be the target of the Weasley family pranks and their stupid belief that they were better then everyone else. He then turned his attention in listening in on whatever Ron was going to do next.

“This Conjunctivitus Curse will be perfect,” Ron went on. “We’ll cast it when Snape’s daughter is alone.”

“Ooh, that will be one nasty curse,” Pansy Parkinson said.

“Darn right it will,” Ron said and with that information Draco hurried away to warn someone.

The Flying Lesson wasn’t exactly what you call ‘good’ but it was at least a little better then Binns class. Hermione had managed to stay on her broom but only with the help of Madam Hooch. Madam Hooch wanted them all to practice during their free time and the first person that would get Madam Hooch’s personal touch would be Hermione.

“She will stay behind for at least a half an hour right now until she can stay on that broom,” Madam Hooch told Harry when both of them tried to leave.

Harry wanted to protest but he knew it would be no use.

“I’ll see you at dinner,” Hermione told him.

“Okay, fine,” Harry said and he left with the rest of the class.

Half an hour later Hermione was glad when the lesson had ended. Her bum hurt from the broom and she was sure that it was due to the fact that the Cushioning Charm was ancient, like the broom. Hermione hurried towards the castle and that’s when something came at her which turned out to be a pair of arms attached to the most hideous student that she had ever seen.

“Well look what we’ve caught, Crabbe,” said the jeering voice of Ron Weasley.

Hermione struggled to get away but that didn’t help so she glared at him.

“What should we do to her?” Crabbe asked.

Ron grinned at him. “Oh I think that you know what I’m planning,” Ron told him and then pulled out his wand. “Conjunctivitus.”

Hermione screamed as the curse hit her and Crabbe let her go. They all laughed at her and then Ron hit her in the stomach, making her go down. With another kick the four of them left.

When Draco Malfoy and Professor McGonagall showed up (it had taken forever for Draco to find his Head of House) Hermione had already been cursed. Hermione was taken to Madam Pomfrey where the nurse made a potion to get rid of her pink eye. Harry was fuming when he arrived and when Snape showed up and heard what had happened he vowed that Weasley and his stupid friends were going to face his wrath.

To be continued...
End Notes:
The Conjunctivitis Curse is one that I found on Mugglenet.com and it’s listed as the curse that Krum used during the first task of the Tri-wizard Tournament. Thanks for your reviews and I hope that I read more of them.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1869