Harry Potter and the Splitting Curse by omega13a
Summary: Harry is hit with a curse that literally splits him in half! Now there is two Harrys running around! Can Sev take care of both children? You'll just have to read and find out. Originally made by jlbrew23 and adopted from Severus Addicted.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Original Character, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 1st Year
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Profanity, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: No Word count: 40475 Read: 90261 Published: 14 Jul 2009 Updated: 02 Dec 2009
Conversations by omega13a
Author's Notes:
:text: = Parseltongue

"Lockhart's class was so pointless!" Ron ranted as walked with Harry, Henry, and Hermione. Azure flew along beside them gathering a few stares from passing students. "Not only that, but he was useless!"

"I couldn't have been that bad..." Hermione replied.

"We spent most of class doing a three page 'little quiz' that only had questions about Lockhart. Things like what his favorite color was and what his secret ambition is. There was even one question about what his favorite brand of shampoo is! How are we supposed to know those things!?" Ron continued his rant.

"I'm sure all the answers are in his books. He's probably just making sure you all read his books." Hermione suggested.

"Maybe. But after the quiz, he set loose a bunch of pixies in the classroom and couldn't get them to go back in their cage! He ended up running out of the class with everyone else because the pixies were out of control! Some of them hung Neville on the chandelier and few even bit me! Not only that but the classroom was a mess the last I saw of it..." Ron finished his rant.

Harry was just glad he didn't have class with Lockhart. From the way Ron made it sound, he could see why Severus would not want him to have class with the guy. Azure flew in front of them and opened his wings up more.

:Mr. Lockhart sounds like a bad teacher. I don't see how Professor Dumbledore would hire him unless Professor Dumbledore was bewitched into hiring him. But Professor Dumbledore strikes me as being too strong willed to do things against his will...: Azure spoke his mind.

"Yeah. I just wished Mum would let me have defense lessons with you guys... Even if it with someone just about everyone in Gryffindor hates..." Ron grumbled. "Well, I'll see you all later..."

With that Ron left and Harry assumed Ron was going to the Gryffindor common room. Harry, Henry, and Hermione went up to the seventh floor corridor.

"I don't see how your uncle could say there's a room near a tapestry with the trolls along this corridor. I've been through here a few times last year trying to memorize the layout of the school and there was no room where he said there is on..." Hermione said and they headed to the place Severus told him their lessons were going to be.

:It could be a room with a hidden door like the one to the Slytherin common room.: Azure suggested.

:Oh maybe not...: Azure added after looking ahead and spotting a door where Severus said there would be a room. As soon as they got to the door, Azure, not being allowed to be in class with Harry, left for Severus' quarters.

When they walked into the room, Harry looked around and saw a room with shelves lining all 4 walls. All the shelves except for the ones at the far end of the room had book. The ones at the far end had a bunch of items that Harry couldn't recognize or seemed out of place like a dirty mirror. In the middle of the room were some silk cushions Harry assumed were for sitting.

"I used to use this room as a student to brew potions when I didn't want to be interrupted by anyone. It's a rather useful room as it can provide you with just about anything you need. Don't tell a certain set of twins about this room because I fear what kind of chaos they would cause if they learn of it," Severus explained, catching Harry off guard. Harry didn't notice Severus was standing a few feet to the right of them.

"Professor, what are those things in front of the room?" Hermione asked.

"Various instruments to tell you if you are in danger or there is someone not trust worthy or is deceiving you near by. The ones that make sound which are called sneak-a-scopes were giving me a headache before I deactivated them. I had to deactivate them because Lockhart is radiating enough deception that I won't be surprised if they can pick him up while he is in the nearest Muggle town." Severus explained sounding annoyed before sighing and continuing sounding like he was in a better mood. "Now for are first lesson, I believe we should start with a rather simple, but affective offensive spell called Expelliarmus..."


The lesson was fun in Harry's opinion despite Hermione having a problem with putting too much power into the spell at first and not only did she manage to disarm Henry during practice, but sent him flying across the room. Fortunately Severus was able to quickly place a cushioning charm on the floor and walls before Henry slammed into some shelves of books. Harry was glad that he didn't have to practice the spell with Hermione. Hermione may have been smart and clever in Harry's opinion, but she could be scary at times.

Harry was going to leave the room when Severus told him to stay behind.

"Harry, has Henry had a chance to tell you about the status his detention?" Severus asked.

"I know that Lockhart gave him detention for being late to Herbology. He said he was going to talk to you about it." Harry replied, recalling what Henry said during lunch.

"His detention was canceled. How it was canceled was most unusual. You remember that Professor Dumbledore said you absorbed part of You-Know-Who's soul?" Severus asked.

"What has that got to do with Henry's detention being canceled?" Harry asked confused.

"Everything. You see, You-Know-Who is an Heir of Slytherin. When you absorbed part of his soul, Hogwarts, the school itself, recognizes you as an Heir of Slytherin and being in Slytherin House has given you all the privileges of being that." Severus explained. "You can cancel any unjust punishments as well as tell the Story Hat to sort any first year student into Slytherin."

"So the school thinks that I'm Voldemort's son?" Harry asked not knowing how to take the news.

"I don't know for sure but it definitely thinks you are related to him in some way. And before you ask, Miss Weasley's unusual sorting was because you wished her to be in Slytherin. Also, I cannot stress how important it is to not tell anyone about this. There are plenty of rumors about you out there and this would only add to them and in undesirable way."

"I understand." Harry agreed. He didn't know exactly what kind of rumors were out there about him but given how people reacted to his presence, he had a good idea.


"It's already been more than three weeks we have been in school, and it's obvious to everyone why my uncle pulled Henry and I out of Lockhart's class... I already know how to disarm a person, cast a shield, and turn a person's legs into jello and every in Lockhart's class have learned is not to let pixies loose in a classroom." Harry wrote in his diary while in his dorm room just before supper one afternoon in late September. Ginny would be getting out of class shortly and Henry had quidditch practice, and Ron and Hermione went to go watch quidditch practice. Harry would have joined them but he didn't want to face his former teammates so Harry was all alone with nothing to do but homework and writing to Tom.

"Is everyone writing home to their parents asking to be taken out of the normal Defense Against the Dark Arts class yet?" Tom wrote back.

"Not that I know off. But to make things worse whenever they mention Henry, Hermione, and I have lessons with my uncle, almost every Gryffindor start going on about how I'm a traitor for being on Slytherin's quidditch team... I know my friend Ron thinks I'm a traitor but he's keeping quiet about it..." Harry wrote.

"Ron must not be a good friend if he thinks you're a traitor. You were transferred into Slytherin House against your will. You shouldn't have to give up playing Quidditch because of it. If he thinks you're a traitor over Quidditch, imagine what other things you could do that he could get upset about. If he sees you getting too close to anyone in Slytherin house, your friendship to him would be over..." Tom replied. Harry thought about what Tom wrote.

'Is Ron a good friend?' Harry wondered before he decided to write a reply to Tom.

"I'd like to think Ron is a good friend but I'm not sure. I'd mean he said he'll still be friends with me even if I'm in Slytherin..."

"If he continues to think you are a traitor, he's not the kind of friend you want." Tom wrote back.

:Rip... Tear... Kill... So hungry for so long...: a voice of a snake came from about Harry said. It sounded very feminine to Harry ruling out Azure right away.

"I just heard the sound of a snake saying something about killing and being hungry but I don't see any snakes around..." Harry wrote to Tom a little spooked after seeing there were no snakes above him.

"That is interesting... Have you been getting enough sleep? I heard people who don't get enough sleep hallucinate." Tom wrote back after a few moments before Harry blacked out. When Harry came around, he felt hungry and a little spooked. Without thinking, he decided to head to the great hall.


"Get away from here traitor!" a 3rd year Gryffindor boy Harry recognized as Cormac McLaggen yelled as he, Henry, Ron, and Hermione, and Ginny looked for a spot on the Gryffindor table to sit. Henry had talked Harry into joining him there.

"Leave him alone! If my brother wants to be here, let him." Henry shouted back as Harry had more second thoughts about eating at his old house's table than before. He was amazed that he managed to walk three-fourths of the way down one side of the table and had not been noticed by anyone up until that point. At the head of the table, he saw there was room for all of four of them as that nobody wanted to be so close to the teachers. Harry chose to have his brother in between him and the other Gryffindors who Harry was convinced were saying less than nice things about him while Ron, Hermione, and Ginny sat opposite of them. Harry was about to start putting some fried chicken drumsticks on his plate when Peeves came flying full speed into the Great Hall.

"MURDER MOST FOUL IN THE SECOND FLOOR CORRIDOR! NO BEAST IS SAFE!"

To be continued...
End Notes:

There's chapter 24. Sorry taking so long. Been busy with school, a temperamental webserver, and had another plot bunny attack me. I showed what I did with that plot bunny to a friend of mine who more or less demanded me to post it. It’s currently with one of my betas.

Also, as for Tom not being subtle about starting to drive a wedge between Harry and Ron in this chapter, I have a reason for it that will be explained later.

Anyways, reviews please!



This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1884