Harry Potter and the Splitting Curse by omega13a
Summary: Harry is hit with a curse that literally splits him in half! Now there is two Harrys running around! Can Sev take care of both children? You'll just have to read and find out. Originally made by jlbrew23 and adopted from Severus Addicted.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Original Character, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 1st Year
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Profanity, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: No Word count: 40475 Read: 90255 Published: 14 Jul 2009 Updated: 02 Dec 2009
Learning about the Chamber by omega13a

After sending the students to their dormitories, Dumbledore lead the staff to the second floor corridor. It took a few minutes for them to find what Peeves was yelling about. Hanging from a torch bracket by her tail was Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris. Near her, written in what appeared to be blood, was a message that was hard to miss and left the staff speechless.

ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE.
THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED.
FLEE MUDBLOODS OR DIE.

Severus recalled hearing some story about the Chamber of Secrets. He only remembered something about only an Heir of Slytherin could open it and something about a monster. The part of the Heir of Slytherin troubled him.

"Either we have a sick practical joker or the students are in grave danger..." Professor Flitwick muttered, breaking the silence.

"Is she dead?" McGonagall asked nervously as Dumbledore took a closer look at Mrs. Norris.

"It was definitely a curse that killed her - probably the Transmogrifian Torture - I've seen it use..." Lockhart started to say before Severus interrupted.

"I seriously doubt that. I haven't seen it used myself but I know the Transmogrifian Torture would have altered Mrs. Norris' appearance to the point where we would not only not be able to recognize her, but all of us would loose our appetite just by looking at her," Severus scoffed while glaring at Lockhart who returned his glare.

"She isn't dead. Only petrified... How, I do not know," Dumbledore explained before turning to McGonagall. "Minerva, would please find Mr. Filch and inform him of what happened to his cat. Also, inform him that Pomona has recently been able to procure some mandrakes and as soon as they reach maturity, I will arrange for them to be used in a potion that will revive Mrs. Norris."

McGonagall nodded and walked a way. Dumbledore then turned to Severus. "Severus, I need to speak in private with you."


"Are you suggesting Harry did this? He may have a knack for getting into trouble but he would never harm a cat!" Severus shouted in Dumbledore's office.

"Severus, I'm not suggesting he did. He's not the only one the school could be recognized as the heir of Slytherin." Dumbledore calmly replied.

"There is no way that he would be sneak into the castle so soon! Not after last year. And besides, if he had a new host or other physical form, my dark mark would be more noticeable."

"He doesn't have to be here in person Severus," Dumbledore sighed shaking his head.

"Imperious Curse?"

"Possibly. There is also the remote possibility that someone figured out Harry is considered the Heir of Slytherin and is trying to discredit him. There is that house elf that didn't want Harry and Henry to come back to school this year," Dumbledore suggested.

"Either way, Merlin help us, if Harry being the Heir of Slytherin is leaked..." Severus groaned. "I don't fancy taking another trip to the Ministry because someone framed Harry and/or Henry of something."


As Dumbledore had said the previous June while Harry had been in the infirmary at the end of the year, that when something is suppose to be a secret, naturally everyone knows. What happened in the second floor corridor was a secret but now the whole school knew. Mrs. Norris had been found either dead or petrified and a message was found near her written in either blood or red paint that said the Chamber of Secrets had been opened and for all Muggle-borns to leave to school. Despite there being four versions of what happened going around, everyone knew it was something bad. Henry had hoped it would be an uneventful year after the summer but sadly, it appeared it wouldn't be.

The moment Harry, Henry, Ron, and Hermione were told; Hermione ran off and returned with her copy of "Hogwarts: A History", flipping threw it madly as they made their way to Severus' quarters.

"Found it!" Hermione exclaimed making the three boys look at each other in confusion as to what Hermione had found.

"Is this about the Chamber of Secrets?" Henry asked curious.

"Yes. It says here the Chamber of Secrets is part of a legend..." Hermione explained before being interrupted by the portrait of Salazar Slytherin.

"The Chamber of Secrets is no legend. Though most likely everything in that book of yours about the chamber is all lies," Salazar interrupted.

"How do you know it's not a legend?" Ron asked sounding rather thick.

"Ron, you are talking to Salazar Slytherin who helped make the school," Henry answered in disbelief Ron questioned a portrait that had been around for at least one thousand years.

"Thank you Henry. I know it's not a legend since I was the one who built the chamber. Godric, Helga, Rowena, and I all needed someplace to keep a basilisk we bought in case Muggles attacked the school."

"Makes sense to have some kind of defense for the school, but why a basilisk?" Hermione asked. "Basilisks are impossible for a non-parselmouths to control. Not to mention they can kill you if you look into its eyes."

"Basilisks are much more trainable than dragons. Not to mention don't require as much maintenance or space. As for being impossible to control, I trained the basilisk to be able to take commands from a non-parselmouths. I wrote a small book that explains everything about the basilisk. It is in the headmaster's office to the right of the second level window that faces south. It should make itself available when ever the school is under attack though it can be retrieved if you tap on the windowsill four times. I doubt the book would be of much use to anyone right now about how to get into the chamber. The entrance is in my old office on the second floor but that floor has been remodeled too many times to count so the only way you could find it would be by dumb luck. I'll try to get one of the ghosts that has been around for a while to tell me what happened to my old office but with the exception of a few people, nobody pays attention to me anymore. However, if the rumors its been opened again, I'll see if I can be useful," Salazar answered sounded rather depressed before disappearing from the frame.

"Great. How are going to get inside now?" Henry asked annoyed that Salazar would leave them when it was obvious they were going to go inside. Suddenly, as if Salazar heard them, he returned.

"Sorry about that." Salazar apologized.

"Thank you. Diced Leola roots," Henry said still annoyed and the door to Severus' quarters opened and Salazar left his frame again.

To be continued...
End Notes:

Sorry for taking so long and for it being so short. I would have done more and had it out sooner but with a missing beta, I wanted to wait until I heard what was up with her disappearance. I heard from a friend she gets busy with real life from around Halloween up until New Years. I wish I learned that sooner so I wouldn't have so worried sick that something horrible happened to her. Maybe my worrying is what got me sick from the 14th to the 26th. I don't know if it was that swine flu or not, but it was awful and I would only wish it on someone I don't like... Believe me, it is torture whenever you find something funny, you have a coughing fit that won't quit...

Anyways, reviews please!



This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1884