Harry Potter and the Splitting Curse by omega13a
Summary: Harry is hit with a curse that literally splits him in half! Now there is two Harrys running around! Can Sev take care of both children? You'll just have to read and find out. Originally made by jlbrew23 and adopted from Severus Addicted.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Original Character, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 1st Year
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Profanity, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: No Word count: 40475 Read: 90260 Published: 14 Jul 2009 Updated: 02 Dec 2009
Byway of the Burrow by omega13a
Author's Notes:
This chapter is by jlbrew23

The next morning found Harry and Henry, both packed and ready, with Azure coiled up asleep in his new cage-something he and Harry had both protested at first until Severus had told them that if he didn't travel in it he would not go-and Hedwig in her own cage waiting in the sitting room of their uncle's suite awaiting Snape-as he had been called to the Headmaster's office just as they were preparing to depart.

"What do you think Dumbledore wants?" Henry asked Harry.

Harry shrugged. "Don't know," he said, "guess we'll have to wait and see when Uncle Severus gets back."

No sooner had the words left his mouth than the Salazar's portrait swung open and their uncle, dressed in muggle jeans, a green t-shirt over which he wore a blue jean style jacket, and his usual black boots, stepped through with a scowl on his face.

"You don't look happy," Harry observed, "was it that bad?"

Severus sighed. "No," he growled, "it just seems that we will be taking a longer way to Dover than I planned-by way of the Burrow first."

Both boys looked confused. "What's the Burrow?" they asked, simultaneously.

Severus looked a bit surprised. "You mean you do not know?" he asked them. They shook their heads.

"The Burrow is where the Weasleys live," he explained. "It seems Albus has been receiving inquiries left and right from nearly every one in that household plus Miss Granger as well, concerned about your welfare. He asked us to stop by their and assure them of your health and well-being."

"I guess they would be worried," Henry said. "I mean, right after the spell hit us we were rushed up here by Hagrid and they didn't get a chance to say good-bye. It'll be good to see Ron and the twins, and their mum, too." He pointedly ignored Ron's older brother, Percy, because both he and Harry didn't particularly care for that member of the large brood.

"Yeah," Harry said, a bit worried. He was afraid how Ron would react to the fact that there were two of them, and that he was more than likely to be in Slytherin come the fall.

Severus sighed. "Very well," he said, "do you both have everything?"

They nodded an affirmative, gesturing to their trunks.

Severus took out his wand and promptly shrunk them. "Put them in your pockets," he instructed them, "grab the cages and let's be off. We're way behind schedule and I'd like to get to Dover before nightfall." The boys quickly did as he asked.

"Come along, gentlemen," he told them, opening the portrait door and then stepped through.

The boys followed him out of the dungeons and out onto the grounds of Hogwarts. Once they were some distance away from the castle, he instructed, "Take my hands, please."

They both hesitated. What was he thinking? That they were five!

Severus rolled his eyes at their indignant expressions and explained, "We will be traveling via Apparition and in order to do this we must be in contact. Now you can either take my hands or I can sling one over one shoulder and the other under my arm. The choice is yours, gentlemen?"

Given that, they decided to take his hands. "All right," he said, "here we go."

No sooner had he said that but both boys felt a pull at their navals and felt the world spin out from around them. When it stopped spinning, they found themselves standing in the yard of a rather large structure that looked as if it had been a farmhouse at one time but had been built upon-going up-as more room was needed. This, they decided, must definitely be the Burrow.

"I feel sick," Henry groaned, looking as if he might throw up.

"Me, too," Harry agreed, grabbing his rolling stomach.

Severus grimaced. "I had forgotten that neither of you had ever Apparated before," he said, apologetically. "The feeling will pass in a moment. It'll help to walk around a bit. Come on. Albus said the Weasleys were expecting us." With that, he started walking towards the door of the Burrow.

Harry and Henry looked at each other and then quickly rushed to catch up with him.

The door to the Burrow swung open and Mrs. Molly Weasley stepped out. Harry and Henry remembered her from the Platform at the beginning of the year, and she hadn't changed a bit in that time, either.

"Well," she said, glaring at Severus, "it's about bloody time!"

Severus raised and eyebrow at her. "Really, Molly," he said, "with that overly large brood of yours I'm surprised you found time to worry about someone else's children."

Molly just shook her head and glanced at the boys. "My word," she said, her eyes widening. "The boys told me, but..."

Severus nodded, understanding. "It is a bit shocking," he said, "but I have gotten used to them and so will everyone else. Are we invited in or are you planning to leave out here?"

"Just you mind your manners, Severus Snape," she told him, wryly, "or I'll treat you like I do my own boys-even Bill and Charlie-and take a wooden spoon to you."

Severus smirked. "You may try, Madame," he told her, just as wryly, "but you'll find I'm not as easily cowed as those boys of yours. I am a Slytherin, after all."

Molly snorted, and stepped back to let them in. "Come along, all of you," she said, "I've got tea and cookies prepared."

They stepped inside, and Mrs. Weasley automatically rushed forward to pull Harry into a big hug. "You poor dear," she said, "thank Merlin your all right!" She released him and turned to his twin.

"I'm Henry," the blue eyed boy told her, somewhat sheepishly. "Henry Jacob Potter."

To his surprise, she pulled him into a hug, too. "Dumbledore told us all about what happened," she said, "so we'd be prepared for two of you. You are both more than welcome here anytime. Now, come along. Arther is at work, of course, Percy and the twins are off running errands for me in the village-at least Percy is, the twins are probably getting into some mishchief naturally-but Ron and Ginny are here. I know he's been very anxious to hear from you, dear."

"May we sit down then, Molly?" Severus asked her, impatient. "Not that I do not enjoy your company, but we do have a ways to go and I'd like to be there before nightfall."

"Of course, Severus," Molly said, turning towards the stairs and raising her voice quite a bit, "take a seat and I'll call the kids down. Ron! Ginny! They're here! It's time for tea!"

"I've often wondered how you manage not to lose your voice," Severus commented as he and the boys sat down at the table, "what with all the shouting you must do."

Molly grinned. "I drink plenty of tea," she told him, "with LOTS of honey and just bit of sherry mixed in for good measure. It helps to calm me."

Severus snorted. "I'm sure it does," he said, rolling his eyes.

Feet pounding on the stairs alerted them a few seconds before Ron dashed down them, took one look at Harry and Henry, and stopped dead in his tracks.

"Bloody hell, mate!" he exclaimed, his brown eyes widening at the sight of two of his best friends.

"Ronald Arther Weasley!" Molly screeched, hands on her hips and a scowl on her face. "Do I need to get the soap?"

Ron's face turned as red as his hair. "No, ma'am," he answered, "I'm sorry, Mum, but...look at them. Couldn't they put ya back together, Harry?"

Harry shook his head. "No," he answered, "I don't they can. This is Henry, Ron." He patted his twin on the back.

"Hey, mate," Henry greeted, laughing. "You should have seen your face just now, it was hilarious!"

Harry started chuckling, too. "Almost as funny as when your broomstick hit you in the face," he reminded him, causing them to laugh even harder, "remember?"

Ron scowled at them, but then smiled, and finally broke down laughing to. "Yer right," he told them, coming and sitting in-between the two dark haired boys, "but can ya blame me, mates, I mean..."

"We know," both boys answered him at the same time, smiling.

Ron laughed. "I guess it don't matter much," he said, wrapping an arm around both of their shoulders. "I reckon I'm pretty lucky cuz now I've got me two best mates!"

Harry smiled, glad to hear his friend say that. "No matter what?" he asked, hopefully.

"No matter what," Ron assured him.

"Even if one of us was in Slytherin?" Harry asked, glancing at him cautiously.

Ron snorted. "Yeah," he said, "like that would EVER happen." He laughed at the absurdity of the idea.

"Well," Harry gulped, "it kinda has..."

Ron looked puzzled. "What do ya mean, mate?" he asked, confused.

"Professor Dumbledore put the Sorting hat on our heads," he explained, "to determine something about the spell that was cast on me-uh, us. Henry got Gryffindor, because apparently he got those traits when we were separated. But me, well, it called out Slytherin when it was placed on my head."

"No way," Ron said, his mouth hanging open.

Harry nodded. "'Fraid so," he said. "Apparently, I got all the Slytherin traits. I didn't like it, but it didn't surprise me."

"Why not?" Ron asked, his face turning red.

"Because," Harry said, gulping, "it tried to put me in Slytherin at the Sorting Ceremony-only I asked it not to. It said I could go either way, and apparently with me and Henry separated that's no longer true. He's Gryffindor and I'm Slytherin."

Ron looked first outraged, then confused, and finally hurt. "Why didn't you tell me, mate?" he asked, quietly.

Harry bit his lip. "Well, because of Malfoy mostly," he said. "He was already being a prat to us and I was afraid that you'd...well, you'd think I was just like him if I told you the hat wanted me in his House."

"I-uh," Ron stammered, blushing. He would probably have thought that, at first.

"You said it didn't matter," Henry reminded him. "Harry is still Harry, and you know there's no way he'll be like Malfoy-afterall, our Grandmother and Uncle were in Slytherin, so it just runs in the family."

"They did?" Ron asked. "I didn't know you had an Uncle?"

Harry and Henry smiled. "Neither did we," they said.

"Well," Ron said, seemingly over his earlier confusion, "who is it?"

"Me, Mr. Weasley," a silky voice spoke up behind them, causing them to jump.

Ron's eyes widened at the sight of Snape. "Bloody-uh-I mean what!?" he caught himself just as his mother started reaching for her wooden spoon in her apron.

"Yes, quite shocking I know," Snape told him, "but it is true non the less. My mother was also James Potter's mother, though we have two different fathers. May we sit down and eat now? The boys and I do have a ways to travel before dark falls?" This last had been directed Mrs. Weasley-who didn't seem at all shocked by the news.

"Of course, Severus," she said, smiling. "Here's Ginny now." They all looked to find Ron's younger sister coming down from upstairs.

Though she seemed surprised to see two of him her eyes mostly stayed on Harry. "Hi, Harry," she greeted him, shyly.

Harry smiled. "Hi, Ginny," he said, then gestured to his twin, "this is Henry."

"Hey, Ginny," Henry said, smiling.

"Hi," she said, then went and sat down right across from Harry. She seemed unable to take her eyes off him.

Harry blushed a little bit, not comfortable with those large brown eyes staring at him.

Ron snickered and elbowed him in the ribs. "I think she's got a crush on ya," he whispered. "Started askin' me and the twins all kinds of questions when we got home 'bout you."

Henry grinned. "See," he whispered to his brother, "and you thought you'd never get a girl."

Harry glared at him. "Thanks a lot," he growled at him, and decidedly looked down at his plate instead.

Mrs. Weasley brought out lunch and that busy eating it. However, every time Harry glanced up he found a pair of large brown eyes upon him. He blushed, embarrassed but also...kind of flattered.

At least there was one girl in the world that saw him as Harry and not the bloody Boy-Who-Lived!

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1884