Dumbledore's Silver Instruments by tabbycat
Summary: After viewing Snape's memories in the pensieve, Harry knocks into a silver instrument on the desk and is sent back into Snape's past. Meanwhile, Snape is struggling to survive in the future. Beta-ed by Fang's Fawn.
Categories: Reverse Roles > Big Brother Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Eileen Prince
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Child fic, Time Travel
Takes Place: 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry)
Warnings: Neglect
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 16124 Read: 47561 Published: 02 Aug 2009 Updated: 14 Jun 2013
Back to square one by tabbycat

Harry arrived back on the red carpet of Dumbledore's office only moments later, though on his feet this time. The bowl filled with Snape's memories rested quietly on the table in front of him. The small silver instruments on the desk had stopped spinning, no longer chiming quietly in the office.

Suddenly Voldemort's voice boomed into the silence. Harry remembered Snape's last memory which seemed years ago now. The instructions from Dumbledore for Harry to die if the war was to be won. He felt spilt in two. He had to go to Voldemort before the time ran out and Ron and Hermione and everyone else were killed… but now he also wanted to run back to the shack, to check to see if Snape was still alive.

Harry dithered, torn in indecision and panicking as the time slipped by. With a grunt of frustration he threw himself towards the only door leaving Dumbledore's office through which he'd never passed. Moments later he found Snape's bathroom and looked wildly round for anything which could be the antidote Dumbledore had spoken of. He wrenched the medicine cabinet door open, shoogling the bottles within making his heart leap in his throat. In desperation he stared wildly at the miriad of potions within, not knowing which one to pick.

Without thinking he pointed his wand.

"Accio Nagini antidote!" he yelled. Bottles blasted off the shelf and a tiny bottle at the back whizzed forward. Seeker reflexes kicking in he caught it just before it hit him.

Turning, Harry raced from the bathroom, through the bedroom and out through the office. His eyes scanning the corridors for help he skidded round a corner and down the steps.

"Luna!" he gasped, seeing the girl calmly levitating a dead giant out of an upstairs window. She turned and blinked at him.

"Harry. I thought it would be you." She smiled and dropped the giant out of the castle. "You look older. Are you going to Voldemort?" There was a dull thud and the windows shook as the giant hit the ground outside.

"Yeah, listen Luna, could you do me a favour?"

Luna smiled and blinked at him again. "Of course Harry. The nargalls say he's still alive."

"Right, yeah, I need- they what?"

"He's still alive Harry." Luna repeated. "Snape." she added as Harry stared gormless at her. "That's who you want me to go to isn't it?"

"Yeah…" said Harry, slightly uncertainly. He shook himself. "Luna. I have to go to Voldemort. I…" he hesitated, then changed his mind. "I need you to go to Snape straight away - he's in the shrieking shack. Give him this will you?"

Luna nodded, holding out her hand for the vial.

"He's innocent." Harry said firmly, locking eyes with the other girl. He didn't let go of the bottle. Luna gave a slight tug.

"I know Harry." she smiled. "You need to go."

"Yeah." Harry wavered uncertain, miserable suddenly at what he now had to do.

"It will be ok Harry." Luna patted him on the arm.

"Right." Harry swallowed and smiled weakly back. Then Luna walked past him and turned towards the staircase for the grounds.

Harry gritted his teeth and grabbed his wand tightly. Setting his jaw he turned towards the stairs leading to the castle entrance. Voldemort's voice boomed out, mocking him and the rest of the army. Angry and determined now he marched  out towards the front doors. Spotting Neville he told him about Nagini then walked out into the gathering dusk to meet his death.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1894