Life Goes On by PadyandMoony
Summary: Sequel to “The name is Potter Black!” where Sirius adopted Harry as a toddler and raised him at Hogwarts. This is what happened after the events of the end of Harry’s fourth year. Must read “The name is Potter Black!” first.
Categories: Misc > Keepers of the Snitch Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Ginny, Other, Remus, Sirius, Tonks
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Romance/Het, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: The name is Potter Black!
Chapters: 24 Completed: Yes Word count: 83426 Read: 112516 Published: 22 Aug 2009 Updated: 22 Aug 2009
Fruits of hard labor by PadyandMoony


“And you’re all right now?” Hermione asked for the umpteenth time.

Harry rolled his eyes and answered, “Yes. Madam Pomfrey checked me yesterday and gave me a clean bill of health. My leg is completely healed, I am not limping anymore nor am I taking any potion to re-grow muscle tissue and nerves, and I’ve been off pain killers for about a week now. The last dose of the energizing potion I had to take was yesterday.”

“How come it took so long?” Ron asked.

“Because of my leg. The Acromantula Venom kind of ate away muscles and nerves that had to be re-grown but since they’re very sensitive tissues and connections, it has to be done slowly, not overnight like they do with bones. But the problem is that the potions use my energy and magic to work. So on top of having been weak thanks to my injuries, the little energy I had was being used by the potions. So I wasn’t regaining my strength at the speed I would have if I hadn’t had the Acromantula’s bite; and on the other hand the potions didn’t have all that much energy to draw from. It was a vicious cycle. Each injury slowed down the recovery for the other one. But now I am one hundred percent back and ready.”

“We’re glad you are.” Neville said smiling then he turned serious. “I am also glad everything worked out for Professor Snape. I was worried my statement had harmed his chances.”

“No it didn’t. As a matter of fact Uncle Ted said that you talking about finding Uncle Sev in the Hospital Wing helped. Fudge tried to paint him as the villain and all he got was confirmation that Uncle Sev is a hero. Poor Uncle Sev, his reputation is ruined,” Harry laughed.

“But now that he is not a spy he’ll be nicer,” Ron said and Harry stared incredulously, leaned forward and said in a low tone:

“Ron, Uncle Sev believes in discipline through intimidation. He thinks that if the students are scared of his wrath they will take care to make fewer mistakes. The only difference now is that the Slytherins that previously ran free will get punished now too.”

Hermione huffed, “That’s not a good way of teaching.”

Harry shrugged, “Potions is a dangerous class. One mistake can blow up a potion and cause serious injuries and some times actions have to be taken on the spot. Like when a potion is going to explode and Uncle Sev barks an order to a student to add an ingredient to prevent it from blowing up. When Uncle Sev gives out an order to students they obey instantly; if they didn’t a whole lot of accidents could have happened. That’s Uncle Sev’s style. Each teacher has one. Dad is all fun and games, Uncle Moony is patient and nurturing, McGonagall is strict. They do what works for them and they all balance each other. They can’t all be fun and games or all strict and demanding. Uncle Sev is demanding and intimidating; but has he ever failed to explain a concept? Has he ever failed to answer a question?”

“No, but he could be nicer when he does,” she argued

“He could, but that’s just not him. You have to understand that his dad wasn’t a nice man and then when he came to school he was looked down upon for being a poor half-blood. He built up this persona to protect himself and won’t let it go. But if you stop and pay attention, it’s quite easy to notice when he is really being mean and hurtful and when he is just being Snapeish because he doesn’t know any other way,” Harry said. “But he will stop being unfair with us now that he doesn’t need to anymore. So things will improve. So, how was your summer?”

“You know, visited a lot of family,” Neville shrugged sighing. “Unfortunately they are all my great-something.”

Hermione on the other hand lit up, “Oh Bulgaria was so wonderful. Viktor showed us everywhere and served as a translator. Mom and dad loved it.” Harry noticed that Ron was scowling and his ears were a tad on the red side. “And my internship was great. Mr. and Mrs. Tonks were great bosses and seeing how they work was so interesting. I’ll still be doing the research for them during the school year but being there and seeing the dynamic of the office and how they discuss stuff was completely different. I wish I could have seen Mr. Tonks in action during the trial.”

Harry nodded a little overwhelmed. Hermione had said the last part about the internship all in one breath and it reminded him of when they met. He turned to Ron with a questioning look.

“Oh, you know. I stayed home. Charlie came for two weeks to visit with Natasha so they could spring the news and she could meet the family. Charlie said Professor Lupin stopped by to congratulate him and thought Tonks was the bride,” he said looking at Harry who burst out laughing.

“Oh, that’s dad’s doing. Dad has been trying to get Uncle Moony and Tonks together but Uncle Moony is so difficult that dad thought that if he got jealous he would act. So he made Uncle Moony think Tonks and Charlie were together. You should have seen him when he came back from the Burrow. He almost skinned dad alive.”

Hermione huffed and tapped her foot annoyingly at the laughing boys, “It’s not a laughing matter. Poor Professor Lupin. Professor Black shouldn’t have done that,” she finished, working very hard on her twitching lips not to laugh. Harry’s suspicions that Hermione had never really believed Skeeter’s claims on his dad and Uncle were right. She was just making fun of them, tsk, tsk, tsk, he was a bad influence on her. Back in first year Hermione Granger would never dream of making fun of a teacher.  “Well,” she said importantly, “I was also made Prefect.”

“And that was a surprise because?” Neville asked. “Kidding, congratulations Hermione.”

“Me too,” Ron said showing his Prefect badge.

“Well done Ron,” Neville said and Harry smiled at him sincerely. It hadn’t always been sincere. Harry had been a little put out when he got Ron’s letter saying he made Prefect. Harry had thought he himself had been an honest candidate for the badge and surely a better one than Ron since his grades were better, but Remus had told him:

“There is more to the assignment of Prefects than just good grades. If that was true Dean Thomas should be the obvious choice since his grades are better than both yours and Ron’s. Albus must have seen something in Ron that makes him a good Prefect or as something Ron needs. When I was assigned Prefect, I think Albus saw someone that could exert some sort of control of James and Sirius. And even though I think I failed Albus assures me I didn’t,” Remus shrugged. “Then he named James Head Boy. James spent most of his free time in detention, you’d think there would be many better candidates but you know what, Head Boy duties were just what James needed to grow up. It’s not always obvious why he chooses them but there is always a reason, and that reason doesn’t mean that those not chosen aren’t worthy.”

Harry had grunted and shrugged, and it did help his mood but he had still sulked for a while. Not that he really wanted to be a Prefect, but he did want to make his family proud and being a Prefect was very important. And his mom, Remus and Severus had been Prefects. He thought they would expect it from him and he didn’t want to disappoint. His dad hadn’t been:

“Being a Prefect takes the fun out of life,” he had said ruffling Harry’s hair.

The door of their compartment slid open and the last person he wanted to see came in. Harry tiredly stared at him and asked:

“What do you want Malfoy?”

Malfoy looked at him with a sneer on his face, flanked not only by his usual cronies but for the first time he was accompanied by a boy Harry only knew by name, Theodore Nott.

“You think you can just get our parents arrested like that and run around freely Potter?” Malfoy sneered. “That you won’t pay for it?”

“I didn’t have anyone arrested. They got themselves arrested Malfoy. And last I heard your daddy wasn’t one of them.”

“No, but he is on the run and unable to be with his family. Persecuted unfairly.”

“UNFAIRLY?” Harry cried standing up and summoning his wand to his hand. “He had Muggle-borns petrified and almost killed Ginny. He should have been locked up two years ago!”

“Harry,” Hermione said nervously. “He’s not worth it.”

“Yes,” Malfoy sneered. “Listen to the little Mudblood or I can cause you trouble.”

“Congratulations Malfoy,” Ron who had stood up too growled. “You managed to lose points for Slytherin before you even stepped foot in the castle. I don’t even think Fred and George ever managed that. Twenty points from Slytherin for foul language.”

“You can’t take points!” Malfoy shrieked.

“I, unlike you am a Prefect. Professor Snape will be delighted to see you. Now scoot before the rest of you lose points too.”

Xxx

Sirius dropped on the couch tiredly and rubbed his eyes, “This is going to be one hell of a year.”

Remus, who had been slumped on the same couch already, looked at him and nodded grimly, “Umbridge will do her best to make sure the Ministry gets a strong hold of Hogwarts if her little speech is anything to go by.”

The whole day and night had been exhausting. They not only had to endure Umbridge’s speeches about pruning where things were wrong and changing things where change needed to be done but had to endure her at the staff meeting too. Sirius had been unnerved the entire time. Umbridge had deliberately used her little fake sweet voice that made you want to bash her head into the wall to jibe at Severus all throughout the meeting. She had managed to remind Sirius of the Black’s history again and although she mainly ignored Remus, Sirius had had an irrational fear that she would find out he was a werewolf just by standing next to him. And Hagrid, poor Hagrid. It was clear by the way Umbridge talked to him that she thought he was not  only under-qualified to teach but a complete moron.

“Kingsley told me that Fudge is pushing the trials farther ahead and of course since, unlike Sev, the others are quite guilty and prefer the Ministry holding cells to Azkaban, they aren’t complaining,” Sirius scowled.

“Fudge wants time to see if he can undermine Harry and Dumbledore enough to forego the trials all together and let them free,” Remus sighed rubbing his temple. “Is he even looking for Malfoy and Goyle?”

“No,” Sirius said. “Kingsley said he and a few others have been looking for leads in their spare time but that Fudge has ordered Scrimgeour to do a bunch of useless and ridiculous investigations. Aurors are taking care of stuff that usually is handled by the Misinformation Office, or Muggle Relations. Simple things that do not need the Auror Office’s help.”

“He wants them busy so they can’t go after the free Death Eaters. At least we can be sure Malfoy and Goyle won’t do anything while they still have a chance to walk free. Especially Malfoy; if he walks free he will be quite happy Voldemort is dead after the diary fiasco. Right now we don’t have to worry about them. They’ll become dangerous when they have nothing to loose.”

Sirius nodded silently, frowned, sighed and said, “I talked to Harry after the feast, to remind him to be careful around Umbridge. He told me Malfoy Jr. and his goons stopped to threaten them on the train. Harry wasn’t worried. He thinks they are just talk, and right now I believe they are. It’s like you said, they still have a chance to walk and won’t ruin it, but if they loose that chance I think we should keep an eye at them.”

Remus smiled, “Oh yes. I heard about that,” at Sirius’ look he said. “Didn’t you notice Slytherin started in the negative points? Apparently Ron took points from Malfoy for foul language. Ron told me so I would inform Severus why he took the points and Severus was livid when I told him. I think Mr. Malfoy will be called to duty for the first time in his school life and he will be quite shocked.”

Sirius smiled, “About time.”

Xxxx

“Slytherin,” Severus said in a low voice as he paced in front of his whole house that was assembled in the Common Room. Normally he left the little speech for the Prefects to give the first years, but this year he wanted the whole House there to understand things had changed. “Has a very bad reputation. Three-thirds of this school views us all as Dark Wizards. And do not fool yourself into thinking you will escape that label once you graduate because the British Wizarding World puts a lot of stock in the House you were sorted into, even a hundred years after you graduated.” He stopped in front of them and made eye contact with a few. “There are very few out there that realize that Slytherin, just like the other Houses, holds good and bad eggs. Unfortunately, the bad eggs have been so prominent that they are all they remember. For that reason, we present a united front. We take care of each other and our spats do not leave the House. For this reason I keep your punishments private, but that does not by any means mean that you will get away with anything. If you break the rules you will be punished accordingly to your infraction.”

He let that sink. His Slytherins, baring a few which he would correct now, all knew he did not accept misbehavior, “I intend to change how people view this House. I intend to clean our name,” and here he stared straight at Malfoy. “If you have been following the news, you will know that I was a spy for the light. I made one stupid mistake in my youth which I will do my best to ensure none of you repeat, and have spent the last two decades repairing said mistakes. Because of my position I’ve had to let some improper behavior slide in the past. That won’t happen anymore. You will all be held accountable for your actions no matter who your parents may be. And for the ones who have been treated as so from the beginning and saw how biased I had to act towards other members of this House, I apologize and assure that will not happen again. If you break the rules, you will pay the price. If you bully a member of this House or of any other House for whatever reason, you will pay the price. If-“

“We don’t need to listen to a traitor,” Malfoy sneered and Severus smiled dangerously:

“Oh, but you have to Mr. Malfoy,” he said as he walked closer to Malfoy. “Because this traitor is your Head of House and as such has authority over you. I believe you have already lost your House points on the train for foul language, haven’t you? Apparently that wasn’t enough for you to learn to control your tongue. You will be joining Hagrid for a detention tomorrow so you will learn to respect your elders.”

“I won’t go anywhere with that oaf-“

“You will or you can pack your trunk and head back home, and that is two nights detention now for disrespecting yet another teacher,” Severus stalked to the front of the room satisfied. He couldn’t have asked for a better beginning. Malfoy made sure he was able to demonstrate just how things had changed. “I believe I have made myself clear enough. The Prefects will accompany you to your dorms and my office hours are posted on the notice board. If you need me at any other time ask a Prefect, they will know how to reach me. Don’t be afraid to ask for my help, I may demand the best behavior from you but I’m not here just to punish you. I’m here to help with what you need. No matter who you are,” he finished looking at Malfoy again. He hoped the boy understood that if he wanted to be different from his father Severus was extending a hand, but by the mutinous look on the boy’s face he wasn’t all that hopeful.

Xxxx

His return to Hogwarts wasn’t looking all that good, Harry thought. The previous night there was an altercation with Seamus because Seamus’ mother believed the Daily Prophet over the Quibbler and almost didn’t let Seamus come back to school. Seamus and Harry had exchanged words and only didn’t start dueling because of Ron. In the morning, Harry found out Seamus wasn’t the only Gryffindor with that opinion. Though truth be told Seamus only spoke of what his mother thought, but never said anything about what he thought. Lavander Brown on the other hand had said she believed the Prophet to Hermione. Harry was not happy.

When he went down to breakfast he was met by the same ugly stares from students of all Houses alternated by stares of awe from some students who obviously believed he had once again defeated Lord Voldemort. Harry wasn’t sure which he hated more. He didn’t think he was a hero; he was completely convinced that he had defeated Voldemort by pure and utter luck. In his opinion his dad, Uncles and other Order Members who had gone to that graveyard by their own free will were the heroes. He had been lucky Voldemort used his wand and only that. Furthermore, he was not all that chuffed about killing someone even if that someone was Voldemort. Though he hadn’t said anything because he knew his dad and Uncles would say he had been right, just like when he killed Quirrell.

The one good thing that happened was Susan and Hannah walking to them and saying they believed him. Harry and Susan even managed to exchange a few kisses behind the entrance to the Great Hall before Ron whistled and Harry turned to see that his father and Uncle Severus were walking towards the Great Hall conversing lowly. Harry did notice at breakfast that many students kept shooting glances at the Head Table where Sirius, Remus and Severus had been talking nonstop. Harry smirked at that; now that the truth about Severus was out, they didn’t have to wait until no one was around to talk if they needed to and were taking advantage of that, shocking the entire student body in the process. They had never witnessed the Potions Master talking civilly, let alone amicably with the Marauders. As a matter of fact they were used to Severus being silent during meals just switching between glaring at the students and at the Marauders. And if there was conversation between them it usually involved either insults or pranks from either party. This was a whole new experience to them and they were having trouble adjusting.

To top Harry’s displeasure, in their very fist class they were once again reminded of their OWLs and how important they were. In History of Magic, Sirius used the opportunity to exert his Deputy Head of House duties and explain how OWLs affected the classes you could take at NEWT level, and that in turn affected what career you could choose. He explained that during the upcoming year he and Professor McGonagall, and Professor Flitwick for the Ravenclaws also in his class, would be available for any career advice but there would be an official meeting after Easter so they would talk even if the students didn’t come to them.

Harry found it quite irritating that he had to start thinking about careers at fifteen. His first father and his dad had been Aurors, and from the stories he heard and the looks Sirius gave him, Harry figured that was the path he was supposed to follow. And he didn’t want to see disappointment in Sirius’ eyes. No, he definitely didn’t. But did he want to be an Auror?

Sirius wasn’t the only one to approach the OWLs subject. Their second class of the day also started with a similar speech:

 “This is your OWLs year and as such I will grade your work using the same standard,” Severus said coldly glaring at the fifth year Slytherin and Gryffindors. He then sighed in annoyance and drawled, “Scratch that, I will use the OWL grading system but I will not lower my standards. As such I expect all of you to scrape at least an Acceptable on your OWLs. I do not accept anyone in my NEWTs class that has acquired less than an Outstanding on their OWLs. And that is only because unfortunately Outstanding is the top grade, I don’t agree with half the Outstandings they hand out, so don’t expect me to think it was your brilliance and not their substandard that granted you entrance in my Advanced Potions class,” Severus finished drawing his wand, causing potion’s instruction to appear on the black board. “Well? What are you waiting for? Me to guide you by the hand to the storage cupboard?”

Ron leaned over Harry and whispered, “I still can’t picture that being Uncle Sev.”

Harry chuckled lightly.

Class was fairly peaceful for Potions with the Slytherins. Harry noticed that Malfoy and his little gang kept shooting Severus evil looks and looked ready to pounce him but Severus ignored them completely. They however did not pounce him or even utter a word during class, which was unusual for them, and left Harry a little on edge. He preferred having Malfoy act more normal. He knew how to handle usual Malfoy.

What did surprise everyone in the class was what happened when Severus passed over Neville’s potion, which looked a little off color. Neville was shaking and bracing himself for the usual tirade when Severus looked almost bored at the potion and drawled:

“Too much syrup of hellebore. Add a pinch of powdered sopohorous to counteract it and write me a three feet-long essay on why this herb counteracts excess of syrup of hellebore without changing this potion’s property. Apart from that, it’s almost acceptable.” And he wrote and A next to Neville’s name on the roll parchment he always used when inspecting the students potions. There wasn’t one closed mouth in the room expect for Harry’s who looked smugly at his friends.

After class, as they were all putting their things away, Severus approached the two benches where Harry, Neville, Ron and Hermione were and said in a low voice:

“Mr. Potter Black, Mr. Longbottom, Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger, I expect you at seven tonight for your detention.”

“What detention?” Hermione spluttered.

Severus smiled evilly, “I have new batches of Bicorn horn and Boomslang skin that need to be sorted. There will be some nasty cauldrons to clean too. I have first years today.” With that he swooped away, robes billowing behind him.

Three glares turned towards Harry.

“I was under duress! Under duress!” Harry cried. “It slipped!”

XXX

“Yes Ms. Granger?” Umbridge asked sweetly and Harry shivered at the tone.

“How are we supposed to perform the spells properly during our OWLs if we never practice them?”

Umbridge smiled sweetly and said, “If you study the theories properly you should have no problem performing the spells you need for your OWLs- do you have something to add Mr. Potter?” she asked, as Harry had just snorted.

Harry looked at her and seriously pondered the possibility of slapping that little fake smile off her face, but he knew he couldn’t. He had been warned about Umbridge and all the grief she could cause so he shook his head, “No Professor, I think I may be coming down with a cold or something,” and he made a show of taking a hanky and blowing his nose.

Hermione stared at him incredulously but Harry just stared back hoping Hermione would get the message. No such luck since Hermione once again raised her hand and said, “We can’t possibly master these spells only with theory. Any spell takes practice and it’s clearly the school and  teacher’s duty to allow-“

“I think Ms. Granger,” Umbridge said tightly, “That the Ministry of Magic has a better grasp then you of what is and what is not the school and teacher’s duties, and unless you want to find yourself in detention I would start reading.”

That shut Hermione up; she had a clear record with four years worth of school and no detention, or well, she had until this morning’s potion’s class when Severus decided to punish them for stealing ingredients in their second year, and she intended to keep it that way.

As soon as class ended Harry was astonished to see that the entire class had the same thought in mind. Without exchanging a word, all of the Gryffindor fifth years went as one not to the Great Hall for dinner but to Remus’ office. Hermione, who apparently had been chosen also silently as spokesperson, knocked at the door and opened it when she heard the words “Come in.” They all entered defying any Physics law about space. Harry would have never thought they could all fit. Hermione was about to open her mouth when Remus cut her off tiredly:

“Save your breath. As I have already told all the students that have had  class with Professor Umbridge today, Educational Decree Number 22 not only states  that the Ministry of Magic has to appoint the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher but it also states that only the Ministry appointed teacher can tutor students in that subject. I can help with any other subject except Defense.”

“But Professor,” Dean said. “We are going to fail our OWLs. You are way better than her, heck you’re the best we’ve had so far!”

Remus smiled fondly and Harry noticed that he blushed a little, “Thank you Mr. Thomas. But if I tutor you against the Educational Decree I will not only be putting myself in a position where Professor Dumbledore would have to fire me but I would be breaking the law, and I really don’t want to know what the Minister has stored to whoever breaks his Educational Decrees.”

XXX

“What are we doing?” she whispered into Sirius’ ear from behind him. Sirius gave a start and glared at the dark haired witch.

“Hestia, don’t give a bloke a heart attack will you?” Sirius hissed and then he resumed his position crouching behind the kitchen door and trying to peek through the keyhole.

“Seriously, what are we doing?” she asked eagerly.

“I don’t know what you are doing,” he said dismissively, “But I am gathering the fruits of my hard labor.”

“What hard labor?” she asked unrolling a very long flesh colored string.

“Why are you being so nosy?” Sirius asked. “I don’t remember you being so nosy.”

“You haven’t talked to me decently in ages. We had gone years without seeing each other before the World Cup. You can hardly say you know me all that well,” she said calmly as she maneuvered one end of the fleshy string under the door and put the other in her ear.

“What’s that?” Sirius asked curiously.

“I don’t know the name. Last full moon Molly had a bunch of these that she confiscated from her twin sons. It’s an invention of theirs. From what she told me they are highly useful. Want one?”

“What do they do?” he asked suspiciously. Sirius was well acquainted with the twins’ inventions.

“Hear for yourself.”

As the Gryffindor he was Sirius put an end of the string to his ear and was pleasantly surprised when he started hearing the conversation inside the kitchen as if he were there. Inside the kitchen and quite unaware of their audience, Remus cleared his throat.

“So, hum what will you be doing this Saturday?”

“The usual,” Tonks said casually as she pointed her wand at the soapy dishes.

“And that would be?” he asked curiously.

“Oh, I have a hot date with my pajamas, a bowl of popcorn and a rented movie,” she grinned. “You?”

“Well, I was wondering... thinking if maybe… in the event there was nothing planned or that it wouldn’t be disagreeable… there’s no need to accept if you don’t want to. I would completely understand. It was stupid of me to think of it. Of course you don’t want to. I am sure you rather go out with friends, young friends. Forget I said anything.”

Unaware that there was a very distressed Animagus moaning and shaking his head outside, Tonks surveyed Remus and asked grinning, “Why don’t you tell me what exactly you were wondering and then I’ll tell you if I am so disagreeable or not.”

“Oh,” Remus blushed. “I didn’t actually say it. Yes, right,” he cleared his throat nervously. “Well, I thought we could go out. We, as in you and me. In Muggle London. I know you like it. To dinner and then maybe to a movie. I know you like those and there’s a new one with that actor you like,” he said all this in a rush and then kept very still as if bracing himself for a blow. His eyes kept darting around and after a small silence he blurted. “As in a date.”

Tonks was divided if she should laugh or coo at Remus. He was utterly adorable and looked like a teenager asking a crush out. She decided that his frail ego would not endure either so she just answered, “I think I’d be highly agreeable to this date of yours. What do you say you pick me up at my flat at eight?”

Remus mouth turned into a smile from ear to ear and he stuttered, “Yes, of course,” he turned around to leave and then came back and grabbed Tonks by the arms and kissed her cheek and said, “Thank you! I’ll go now.”

She smiled wildly and caressed her cheek as Remus walked towards the door opening it, and left the kitchen, never noticing the scrambling pair or the fleshy strings that were rolling back to the guilty party that was whooping in joy. As he passed a young boy carrying a broom he said:

“Good morning Charles. How are you this beautiful day?”

“Fine,” the boy answered a little confused, “Er- Mrs. Weasley asked me to put this away,” he finished pointing at the broom.

Smiling like there was no tomorrow, Remus patted the boy’s head and said, “A noble quest,” and continued his way towards the exit.

“Weird bloke,” Charles mumbled as he walked towards the broom closet. He opened the closet’s door and gave a start. From inside two people exited.

“That closet is in very fine condition Ms. Jones. Definitely passed inspection.”

“I agree with your assessment completely we should go check the rest of this house Mr. Black.”

Charles gaped at the retreating pair and shook his head.

“This place is full of nutters.”


 

The End.
End Notes:
A/n- Thank you for your kind words and of course for reading.

Thanks SWaddict1986 for correcting this.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1913