A Better Childhood by grugster
Summary: The Ministry forces Severus to decide between getting de-aged or go to Azkaban. So he lives a new and better childhood with Albus and Minerva as his parents. Mentioned child abuse but otherwise a fluffy story!
Categories: Reverse Roles > Big Brother Harry, Big Brother Snape, Misc > All written in Snape's POV Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Arthur, Bill, Charlie, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hagrid, Hermione, McGonagall, Molly, Original Character, Other, Percy, Pomfrey, Ron, Tonks
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Child fic, Creature!fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry)
Warnings: Neglect, Romance/Het
Challenges: None
Series: A Better Childhood
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 53364 Read: 87910 Published: 02 Sep 2009 Updated: 28 Sep 2009
Chapter 12 - Visiting Ro (25) by grugster

Chapter 25 - Visiting Ro

 

„Ro," Severus called for the short-spoken Quidditch teacher.

 

"Ah, the cuddle monster comes to attack," Ro said playfully.

 

Severus threw himself giggling on the woman. Pookah had brought himself to safety in advance this time . He had jumped down from Severus shoulders and now was licking his paws while blinking in the sun.

 

Each time Rolanda met Severus she enjoyed cuddling with him more. She didn't like to show this, but Severus knew that her cool demeanor was only show. "Enough cuddling, little monster! Don't you want to introduce me to your friend over there?"

 

Severus looked in Pookah's direction. The Weasel was cleaning himself while stretching himself crazily. All of the sudden he fell over and landed, still with his paw in his muzzle, on his back. This didn't seem to annoy him because he just stayed on his back and gnawed on his paw.

 

Severus giggled. "It's Pookah."

 

"At least he doesn't seem to be a cuddle monster like you," Ro said teasingly and poked Severus in the side, which made him laugh.

 

Finally the group of young adults reached Severus and Ro. "Ah, and here comes the escort party." She grinned at the three. "My former two best students and one of the few that never liked flying."

 

"Hello, Madam Hooch," Hermione said politely.

 

"Oh, please, I'm not your teacher anymore. Iit's Ro for you Hermione. So Poppy has already got you keeping an eye on little Sev here?"

 

"No, it was just a coincidence that I met Charlie while they were on their way to you and Pomona."

 

"Ah, so, do you have a toffee for me, monster?" Ro asked and again poked Severus, this time in the other side.

 

"No," Severus managed between giggles when the poking became a tickling attack. "Stop, Ro, please." When she had stopped, Severus grabbed for the photos in his pocket. "Look, Ro. Aunt Pommy took these."

 

Rolanda threw herself in the grass and the others followed her example. "Oh, my, that looks as if you had a lot of fun. And I only was cleaning the broom shed. I envy you now." She looked over to Harry, who lay on his back in the grass. "So how is my favourite Quidditch player?"

 

"He is vegetating," Harry said sullenly and immediately earned a worried look from Hermione.

 

As if he sensed the change in Harry's mood, Pookah ran over to him. He climbed on Harry's chest and started to lick Harry's chin.

 

Severus ran over as well. "Look, Pookah is your friend. We want to have fun, right?"

 

"Right, Sev," Harry said and already regretted his harsh comment to Ro. "Sorry, Rolanda."

 

"No problem, Harry. So what are your plans now?" Rolanda asked.

 

"Maybe a little flying, Sev?" Charlie asked.

 

"Yeah," Severus bounced. "With Harry and Mione, too?"

 

"No, I fear I have to pass, Sev," Harry said while patting Pookah's head.

 

"Me, too. I don't really like flying," Hermione said and threw an apologizing glance at Rolanda.

 

When Severus started to push his bottom lip out, Rolanda said, "Oh, no, not those games here, Severus. My Quidditch field is sulking-boy-free."

 

Her tone and her using his full first name made him look surprised at Rolanda. "No flying?"

 

"If you stop sulking of course we can fly. Charlie surely will join us and these two will watch how good you are."

 

"Yeah," Severus shouted while running to the broom shred. Charlie and Ro followed him laughing.

 

Soon they were back with two brooms, and Severus ran over to Harry and Pookah. "Pookah, make no trouble to Harry." He threateningly waved his finger at Pookah, who looked questioningly at him and tilted his head sideways.

 

"I'm sure Pookah will be no trouble, Severus. Now go flying. I want to hear your giggles again. They are like music to my ears," Harry said.

 

Severus ran over to Charlie. "I'm hot, Arlie."

 

"What?" Charlie immediately felt worriedly Severus forehead.

 

Severus batted his hand away. "No, Arlie. I'm hot." Severus explained again without understanding why Charlie didn't know what he meant.

 

Charlie still tried to feel Severus' temperature and said impatiently, "Stop wriggling Severus! Let me feel your temperature."

 

Hermione came over to them. "Calm down, Charlie." She gently grabbed his hand, and then she turned to Severus. "Come over here, Sev."

 

When Severus stood in front of her, she removed his sweater. This summer was a very cold one, but today it was sunny. "You are very sweaty, Sev," Hermione said while tucking Severus' undershirt back in his trousers." She waved a drying charm over him and then tested the result in Severus' neck. After looking at him closer, she asked Charlie, "Do you have some suntan lotion for him?"

 

"No, I didn't think we would need it," Charlie said.

 

"No problem, I always have some in my broom shred. Accio suntan cream," Rolanda said making the lotion fly to her hand.

 

"No, cream! I already had it in the morning," Severus protested.

 

"You had your moisturizer in the morning, Sev, not a suntan lotion. Your face is already starting to get burned," Hermione explained.

 

"No," Severus said miserably and pushed his bottom lip out.

 

Before Rolanda could say anything again, Hermione said, "You can sulk as long as you want, but the lotion it will be, Severus. Or there is no flying," Hermione said sternly.

 

"You are like Aunt Poppy," Severus said sulkily.

 

"I take this as a compliment and now eyes closed so that you don't get some of it in your eyes."

 

Severus wanted to fly, and Hermione really sounded like Aunt Poppy. That meant she really wouldn't let him fly, and so he closed his eyes. Severus wriggled while she applied the cream, but she managed to spread it completely on his face.

 

"I don't like it. It's sticky," Severus protested while Hermione applied the lotion on Severus' arms.

 

Before Hermione could scold him again, Harry intervened, "I think I could use some as well. If you want you can apply it, Sev."

 

"Yeah," Severus shouted and wanted to run over to Harry.

 

"I'm not finished, Severus," Hermione said sternly and held him in place.

 

Severus held still until Hermione finally was finished and gave him the tube. He ran over to Harry and crawled on his chest.

 

Harry flinched, and Severus bit his bottom lip, remembering that Minerva had told him to be careful with Harry.

 

"Seve-" Charlie started to scold Severus, but was stopped by Harry raising his hand.

 

"No, problem, Sev. Come on, you don't want the sun burning me, right?" Harry said to Severus' relief.

 

Very carefully Severus applied the lotion to Harry's face and arms.

 

"Ah, that's fantastic. Now we are both safe from the sun," Harry said.

 

Severus turned to Charlie, Ro and Hermione. "You are not safe from the sun."

 

"Oh, yes, I am," Rolanda said. "I have already applied it. I always do before flying."

 

Severus looked at Charlie, who rolled his eyes.

 

"Charlie!" Hermione scolded him. "You are a role model to him." She turned to Severus. "Of course you can apply the lotion on us."

 

Soon all were safe from the sun, and the fun could start.

The End.
End Notes:
Please review!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1920