A Better Childhood by grugster
Summary: The Ministry forces Severus to decide between getting de-aged or go to Azkaban. So he lives a new and better childhood with Albus and Minerva as his parents. Mentioned child abuse but otherwise a fluffy story!
Categories: Reverse Roles > Big Brother Harry, Big Brother Snape, Misc > All written in Snape's POV Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Arthur, Bill, Charlie, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hagrid, Hermione, McGonagall, Molly, Original Character, Other, Percy, Pomfrey, Ron, Tonks
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Child fic, Creature!fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 9 - Post Epilogue (middle aged Harry)
Warnings: Neglect, Romance/Het
Challenges: None
Series: A Better Childhood
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 53364 Read: 87903 Published: 02 Sep 2009 Updated: 28 Sep 2009
Chapter 6 - Dinner Time (19) by grugster

Chapter 19 - Dinner Time

 

Severus had slept like a stone through the night and didn't wake up. The events at the Burrow were so exciting that he had been extremely exhausted. He hadn't heard much of the story Minerva had read to him in bed.

 

He had spent the morning playing in Albus' office. He wasn't alowed to visit Uncle Al because Harry was with Poppy and Alastor at the time.

 

"It's time for dinner, Albus. You have to stop working. I will get Severus ready so that we can go down to the Great Hall," Minerva said while she helped Severus to gather his toys.

 

"Oh, I lost track of time," Albus said, and fumbled with the papers on his desk.

 

Severus was excited to hear that they would be eating with the other teachers. "Aunt Pommy?"

 

"Yes, Aunt Pommy is there as well, and all the other teachers who are in the castle," Minerva explained and led Severus out of the office.

 

Arriving at the Great Hall Severus let go of Minerva's hand and ran over to the big table where all the teachers and Harry were sitting. The first person he bear hugged was Alastor. "Uncle Al, do we play later?"

 

Alastor chuckled, "Sure, lad. Did you have a great time at the Burrow yesterday?"

 

Severus nodded his head excitedly, "Bree and Ken are great. We played funny game."

 

"That's good to hear. Want to say hello to Aunt Poppy as well?" Alastor asked and lifted Severus over to his wife.

 

Severus hugged her as well and then rolled his eyes when she fumbled for her wand. "I'm fine. I drank a lot!"

 

"Maybe, but you know I can't resist trying a diagnostic spell, darling," Poppy said and tickled Severus.

 

Severus giggled and then held still for Poppy to place the diagnostic spell. "Very well, my dear," Poppy said and ruffled his hair.

 

Severus jumped down and ran over to Filius, who was sitting next to Poppy. He looked unsurely at the small wizard.

 

"Don't want to hug me?" Filius said and opened his arms.

 

Severus smiled. That was all he needed for invitation. After hugging Filius and Pomona, who snuck a toffee in his hand, he ran over to Rolanda.

 

"The cuddle monster is coming," she said playfully when Severus stood before her.

 

Severus offered her the toffee. "Trying to buy me?" she said laughing while lifting Severus on her lap. She took the toffee, but only to place it in Severus' pocket. "For after dinner or Poppy will have our heads."

 

Severus nodded grinning and glanced quickly over to Poppy, who raised one of her eyebrows.

 

"So enough cuddles, little monster," Rolanda said and lifted Severus over to Charlie.

 

"Arlie," Severus said excited and sunk into the robes of his big friend.

 

"So you liked meeting my family, Sev?" Charlie asked.

 

Severus nodded and asked "Can Bree and Ken come here as well?"

 

"You have to ask Albus and Minerva about that, not me, Severus," Charlie replied.

 

"We will see, young man, but now you have to eat," Albus said as he took Severus out of Charlie's lap and sat him on his seat beside Harry. "Be a good boy and eat."

 

Severus looked shyly at Harry. He didn't look better, but when he saw Harry grin at him, he said, "Hi, Harry."

 

"Nice to see you again, Severus," Harry replied. "So, what are your plans for today?"

 

Seeing that Harry obviously wanted to make conversation with him, he tried to use his chance for another cuddle and slipped in Harry's lap.

 

He didn't notice Harry's wince when he came in contact with his hurt leg.

 

"No, Severus, That's not a good idea," Minerva said, shocked, and leaned over to lift Severus off Harry's lap.

 

Harry stopped her by holding up his hand and saying a little harshly, "I'm not out of glass, Professor McGonagall."

 

"Minwa," Severus stated while looking at Harry confused.

 

"What?" Harry asked.

 

"Minwa," Severus said and pointed at Minerva.

 

Minerva chuckled. "Yes, Harry, Severus is right. I'm not your Professor any longer. You can call me Minerva." In a more severe tone she added, "And even when you are not out of glass you should tell Severus when he is hurting you."

 

Realizing that he might have hurt Harry by climbing on his lap Severus said, "Sorry, Harry." When he tried to climb down, he was stopped by Harry.

 

"If I didn't want you on my lap, I would have said so," he said pleasantly to Severus. Facing Minerva he added bitterly, "It's not as if pain is a new feeling to me, Minerva."

 

"Do you want play with Alastor and me after dinner?" Severus asked Harry and wanted him to get nice again.

 

"After dinner you will have your nap, I would say," Harry said amused.

 

Severus pouted. So he is really one of the adults. These stupid naps.

 

Seeing Severus' sad face and knowing that soon he would get a scolding for pouting, he added, "I wonder if your parents will let you join me and Charlie for a visit to Diagon Alley."

 

Severus' face lit up. He had heard Albus and Minerva talk about it. There are many colorful and funny shops. Severus jumped down from Harry's lap and ran over to the person he hoped to convince the easiest. "Please, Daddy," Severus begged while climbing on Albus' lap. Putting up the best puppy-face he was capable of.

 

"Nice try, my boy, but this is the decision of your mother and not mine," Albus said, handing Severus over to Minerva. It is still odd when Severus addresses us as Mummy and Daddy, but it gives me a nice, warm feeling.

 

Severus looked shyly at Minerva. His tactic hadn't worked well, and now she knew that he tried to convince Albus instead of her.

 

"We will speak about it when you have finished your meal, Severus. So no climbing on anyone anymore, or are you a mountain goat?" Minerva said jokingly.

 

Severus giggled and shook his head.

 

"Good, otherwise I should order more green vegetables for you," Minerva said teasingly.

 

Quickly Severus climbed on his chair before Minerva really made more vegetables appear on his plate. There is already too much of the ugly green broccoli on it, Severus thought.

 

"Yes, Mummy," Severus mumbled. He knew that calling her Mummy made her happy, and so he hoped to gather extra points for the conversation after dinner.

 

As soon as he had finished his meal, he looked at Minerva. "Can I?"

 

"Can you what, Severus?" Minerva asked, still eating.

 

Severus groaned. "Go to Diggi Alan."

 

Harry chocked at his food, and the rest of the adults tried hard not to giggle.

 

"Diagon Alley, Severus," Minerva corrected him. "I'm not sure."

 

Severus protested, "I have eaten all my food." He pointed at his empty plate.

 

"And I said we will speak about it when you finished, Severus, not that I will allow it," Minerva said sternly.

 

Severus bottom lip came out and started to tremble. "But I want to go with Arlie and Harry."

 

Minerva sighed. "Okay, Severus, but first you will have your nap."

 

"Yeah," Severus shouted and threw himself at Minerva, who almost fell from her chair by it.

 

Minerva saw Poppy shaking her head grinning. Why is Poppy never falling for Severus' tactics? Minerva wondered.

 

"But I want you to keep a close eye at him Charlie," Minerva said warningly.

 

Charlie laughed. "You send your son out with the hero of this world and ask the stupid sidekick to take care of Severus."

 

Harry stood up abruptly and said heatedly, "I said you-"

 

"Yes, yes, calm down Harry. I know you can't see the humor behind this, but I couldn't resist." He patted Harry on his shoulder. "Let's get into the lab while Severus takes his nap."

 

Harry calmed down again and let Charlie lead him out of the Great Hall.

The End.
End Notes:
Please review!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1920