More Than Meets the Eye by Baghi
Summary: Harry comes to school missing one eye, and pratically mute. He is sorted into Slytherin. Severus Snape dislikes all things Potter. Can he get over his hatred to see the truth?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Physical Impairment, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: 1st Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Profanity
Prompts: More Than Meets the Eye
Challenges: More Than Meets the Eye
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: Yes Word count: 33310 Read: 192577 Published: 11 Sep 2009 Updated: 29 May 2010
Not My Day by Baghi
Author's Notes:
Well, seems like I’m going to update in about a week. That’s good. I hope you folks will like this chapter. You’ll finally learn what happens to Harry as well as a few extra details. So without further ado.
Last time:.

Last time:

"Sorry Snakling, but we can't afford the chance that you'll see our faces. You might be able to tell a teacher if you did." said the voice that had said to take the blindfold off. Harry calmed slightly, for he realized that if there was a chance he would be able to tell a teacher about the attack, that meant they would keep him alive. But it was very small comfort, for he knew that there were worse things then death if you were in the hands of a sick mind.

The torture began slowly, just a few punches to his ribs and back. Normally that wouldn’t have bothered him, but one of the punches landed on his healing welts. He had to suck in breath in a hiss to keep from crying out. But he was heard, and the one who seemed to be the leader said "Well, well, I think this little snakling has already been hurt. Remove his shirt, and we’ll see just how bad it is."

Harry tried to struggle once more, but it was pointless, and in a short amount of time they had gotten his top off. All he heard was quiet for a few beats of his heart, then "Obviously someone hates him more then we do. D’you still have the bag we prepared? Good, give it here." Harry wouldn’t have thought the sound of an opening bag would be ominous, but it was. And he understood why shortly, as he bit his lip to keep from crying out. It was salt in that bag that they had prepared, and they were rubbing it in his welts!

He reckoned that he’d lost consciousness for a few seconds, for his tormentors had just splashed him with cold water. As the pain continued, he wished he had staid unconscious. Though these students were amateurs compared to Vernon, they still knew how to make a person suffer. After awhile he was left alone, but his mind was so pain-fogged that he couldn’t make good his escape.

***

Meanwhile:

Severus paced the floor of the Headmaster’s office, eyes glinting with barely suppressed emotion. After his last class of the day, he had immediately gone to Albus with his suspicions. He had only just finished telling his tale, and found he had gotten worked up over it. That was most unlike him, and he found it extremely uncomfortable to find himself concerned over a student that he had sworn to hate.

Albus watched in amusement as his former student paced. That the normally taciturn man would come to care about James’ son had been a dream of his since the child had been born. Unfortunately, he knew that he would have to work carefully if those two were to get along without much interference. That’s why he asked oh so casually "So what is your plan then?"

Severus pivoted on his heel to glare mildly at the Headmaster. "What do you mean, my plan?" he asked with a sneer. He had the sneaky suspicion that he was being played by this powerful wizard. He didn’t like the feeling. He had never liked not having control of his own life. That was why he’d left home as soon as he could, though he wished it hadn’t been straight into the arms of the Dark Lord.

"I mean, what do you plan on doing about it? If your suspicions are correct, you will have to do something. That’s pretty much what you’ve been telling me this whole time anyways." Was the Headmaster’s reply. His blue eyes were twinkling wildly, though there wasn’t a single hint of a smile on his old face.

Severus looked stumped, and he sat down. He muttered, "I’m not sure. But you’re right, I will have to do something." While he thought, he noticed Albus ordering tea from one of the house elves. He stayed for about an hour, just thinking and drinking tea. The Headmaster didn’t bother him, knowing that he needed that time to come up with a plan.

***

Back with Harry:

Harry bit back a whimper as he slowly walked down the stairs. Each step sent flares of pain through his new wounds. It had taken most of an hour for his sight to come back, and he hadn’t wanted to move while blind. At least his tormentors had left his glasses in an unbroken state. Not that was any help to his torso.

When he finally made it to the Entrance Hall, dinner was nearly over and he was exhausted. Deciding to skip food in favor for his bed, he headed down the stairs to the Dungeons. He had completely forgotten about his meeting with Draco, so it came as a surprise when he was shaken awake by that same person. The other boy looked highly annoyed.

"Where were you? I waited till just up until dinner, and you never showed!" said Draco in a low hiss. He wasn’t angry, not really, but he was upset that he’d been stood up. Harry blushed scarlet, and he murmured "I got lost. I didn’t find my way back to the Entrance Hall until dinner was almost over." He wasn’t sure why he didn’t tell Draco the truth, besides the fact that it had been drummed into him since he was little never to tell anyone anything.

That would have been it for the subject, except for the fact that when Harry got up to do his homework, he hissed in pain from the fibers of his clothes digging into already irritated wounds. Draco looked shocked, and said "I think there is more that you aren’t telling me. Come, lets go into the bathroom where we won’t be overheard. And before you say no, I won’t let up on you until I’ve found out the truth."

Harry sighed, and followed the other boy into the bathroom. What could he tell his new friend without revealing that he was hurt from more then just a few scrapes? Though the hissing in pain had given that away immediately. But he couldn’t let anyone know that there were wound that weren’t from his encounter with other students. He’d find out…he always found out when Harry tried to get some relief for his pain. Harry’s last thought before Draco confronted him was This just isn’t my day.

.

The End.
End Notes:
There you are. A new chapter and I don’t think it’s very short at all this time. I hope you like. What do you think of the various characters’ thoughts? Please R&R, keep this author fed :P.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1935