Sticks, Stones, and Ice Cream Cones by shigeki11
Summary: Locked in a cupboard, Harry schemes to escape, not knowing the Dursleys are more than happy to be rid of him.When something goes horribly wrong, who will be there to rescue him? Is he the right person?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Lucius, McGonagall, Other
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Family, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Baby fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 42040 Read: 147101 Published: 23 Sep 2009 Updated: 28 Dec 2009
Chapter 19 by shigeki11
Author's Notes:
Lucius gets one heck of a scare, and the truth finally comes out.

“Dada! Dada!” Ge’ up! Ge’up!” A tiny body bounced on Severus. “Dada! Time t’ go! Aun’ Minnie say she goin’ t’ come in iffen you don’!

For a little child who barely spoke three weeks ago, this was remarkable progress. Of course, it was all lost on Severus, who was quite unhappy to be awoken at seven in the morning by a bouncing imp. He groaned. “Let me sleep in a bit, Harry.”

“No, Dada…” then Severus felt water poured on him, and heard little Harry’s giggles. “Harry!”

Harry covered his mouth, in an attempt to soften his giggles. “No’ me, Dada, loo’!”

“Yes, Severus, look,” said Minerva dryly. “It’s time to go to Gringott’s, or have you forgotten?”

“Minerva!” He fell back on his pillow and groaned. “How in Merlin’s name did you get in here?”

“Harry let me in, of course,” she said. “Now, get up, or we’ll be late. Look, even the child is up. For shame, Severus.”

Harry bounced up and down on his bed. Well, it was definitely impossible to go to bed now. He sighed. “G’morning, you little imp. And what time did you wake up?”

“Umm…” Harry shrugged. “Te clock han’s were li’ this.”

He gestured one long line. “You see, Dada?”

“Mmm…”

“Dada, wake up!” said Harry in frustration. “Or I pinch your nose!”

“You little –” roared Severus. “Don’t you dare!”

Severus grabbed Harry and tossed him into the air. Harry giggled. “Wha-ha! Dada, pu’ me down!” Severus obliged, and held Harry tightly against him. They sat like that for a while. Then he pulled Harry up to his eye level, and asked, “Now, what time did you wake up?”

Harry gestured again. “Merlin, Harry, six? Why would you wake up at six?”

“’Cause today is import-ant day,” said Harry, puffing out his chest. “Tha’s wha’ Aun’ Minnie say.”

“Well, someone will need a nap today,” said Severus teasingly. “C’mon imp, let’s go get dressed.”

“No nee’ nap,” said Harry. “Dada, can I choose my own clo’es?

“Hmmm…we’ll see,” said Severus. “All right, why don’t you put the clothes you want on your bed while I go dress myself?”

“O-Kay!” said Harry exuberantly, dragging Twiggy behind him. “Now, Twiggy, I wan’ gree, and blue and o-range…”

Severus gave a little laugh as he went to get prepared. It seemed he would be the one dressing Harry in the end. Blue, green, and orange? Perhaps Harry was following in the Headmaster’s footsteps. God forbid! Severus shuddered. No, Harry would be dressed appropriately – even if it killed Severus trying. Speaking of clothes, he wondered what he should wear. After all, Lily had told him to re-arrange his wardrobe. But he liked black! He grumbled to himself something about over-demanding ghosts, and then sighed. In the end, he chose a dark green shirt, navy jeans, and his usual black robes. Some things had to be the same, right?

He quickly brushed his teeth, ordered breakfast for Harry (he couldn’t stomach anything at the moment, having recalled why they were going out this morning), and finally returned to Harry’s room. He knocked. “Harry?”

Harry opened the door. “Hi, Dada! Loo’, me brush hair and brush teef!”

“Very good, Harry,” praised Severus. “Now let’s see what you’ve picked out for today.”

Severus tried very hard not to laugh. No, this would not do at all. Harry had somehow turned his blue jeans orange and his green dragon shirt purple. “Harry, do you really want to wear that?”

“Yeah, Dada!” said Harry excitedly. “”Cause purple is the best-est colour eva! And orange ju-ju is my fav’rite.”

Harry beamed up at Severus, and Severus smiled weakly back. “Why don’t you wear blue jeans today, Harry? You can wear the purple shirt, but I think orange really clashes with purple.”

“What cla-shes?” Harry furrowed his brow. “An’ I like orange. Why can’ I wear orange?”

“It means they don’t look good together,” said Severus. Not that he’d ever let Harry wear orange trousers ever. “Come, Harry, let’s get you dressed. You still need to eat breakfast.”

“Fine, Dada,” said Harry happily. “I wear my black robe?”

Startled, Severus looked at him, and lapsed into his old speech. “That would be…acceptable, Harry. But why black?”

“”Cause I want to match Dada today,” said Harry. “Dada, help me wif my jeans!”

Severus was close to melting then and there. So Harry did really look up to him. “All right, you little imp,” he said gruffly. Finally, he managed to wrestle Harry into his clothes, and made him look presentable. Though Merlin knew what kind of mess he’d make at breakfast.

Fortunately for Severus, Harry was extremely well-behaved that morning. Severus was content staring at little Harry, and wondering what Lily had in store for them today. He absentmindedly rubbed his left forearm, and sighed.

“Dada?”

“Yes, Harry?” Severus asked.

“How…how come,” he struggled with the words. “How come you not eat brea’fas?”

“I already ate, Harry,” lied Severus smoothly. “Now, hurry, Harry. We have to leave as soon as Minerva – your Aunt Minnie – comes back to pick us up.”

Harry scowled. He knew his father hadn’t eaten, but he decided he wouldn’t make a fuss. No, he would tell Uncle Albus. He giggled.

“What’s so funny, Harry?” asked Severus sharply. There was something decidedly odd with Harry’s reaction…unless someone was planning on playing a trick on him.

“No’fing, Dada,” said Harry innocently, his big green eyes widening. “I done!”

He jumped off his chair, and ran to the door. “You just wait a minute, you imp! You haven’t wiped your mouth yet!”

Harry moved his arm to wipe his mouth, when Severus grabbed him. “Harry James Potter! What have I told you about wiping your mouth on your sleeve?”

“I not supposed to,” said Harry contritely. “Sowwy, Dada. You hit me?”

“Hit you?” asked Severus in shock. “Why would I hit you? Harry, what have I told you before?”

“Tha’ you neva eva goin’ ta hur’ me,” said Harry, refusing to meet his gaze. “But I’m so ba’! I supposed to be hit when I’m ba’!”

“Harry…” Severus sighed. “Unless you do something really really bad, you will never, ever be hit. And even if I ever hit you, it will be a light tap on your bottom.”
“Really, Dada?” asked Harry, his head spinning to meet Severus’s gaze quickly. “Not like Un’le and Aun’ Pe’unia?”

“No, never like them,” promised Severus. “So far as there is breath in my body, I will never let anyone hurt you ever again, I promise you, Harry James –”

Harry squealed and buried his face in his father’s shirt. “I luf you Dada, foreva an’ eva an’ eva” Harry said seriously, then grinned cheekily. “Loo’! I don’ haf to wipe my mouth now!”

“Harry - !” said Severus in shock, and then groaned. “Now I need another shirt.”

“I will help you choo’,” said Harry. “Mebbe a purple shirt.”

Severus groaned. “I don’t even have a purple shirt, Harry.”

In the end, Harry turned his favourite black shirt purple, and no amount of coaxing or threatening could persuade Harry or the shirt to change. Fortunately for him, no one except Minerva commented, but that, in itself, was insulting. “That’s a good look on you, Severus. Matching your son now, eh?”

Severus didn’t comment.


-----------------------------------------------------------


They had arrived at Gringotts. Severus couldn’t help but feel nervous. Here was the moment they had been waiting for: Sirius would finally be cleared, and the secret Lily had kept from him would finally be revealed. Harry noticed, of course, but he thought his father was just cold. After all, his hands were freezing. Harry shivered.

“Are you all right, Harry?” Severus asked, concerned.

“Yeah, Dada,” said Harry, then pointed towards the goblins. “Who are they?”

“Those are goblins,” said Severus. “They’ll bring us to the vault.”

“Vaul’?” asked Harry curiously. “Wha’s tha’?”

“It’s where…things are stored, like money,” said Severus, careful to stay within the vocabulary range of the child. “Come, Harry.”

They – Sirius, Remus, Minerva, Albus, Severus, and Harry – walked up to the counter, where a lone goblin stood. “Sirs and Madam, how can Gringotts help you today?”

“Ah, yes,” coughed Severus. “We’d like to enter vault 728.”

“Do you have the key, sir?”

“Yes, here,” Severus thrust the key towards him. The goblin took it , and proceeded to inspect it.

“That seems to be in order, sir,” stated the goblin, and then indicated to a goblin standing beside the counter. “Griphook will take you to your vault.”

The nausea Severus felt from his nervousness was doubled on his ride down to the vault. Whoever invented this ridiculous system must have had nerves of steel. They were travelling at an insane speed, at impossible angles on a rickety cart. He doubted he could hold on to the contents of his stomach anymore – and he hadn’t eaten anything that morning! Beside him, Minerva was having the same problem, though not as severely. Sirius and Harry were enjoying it, whooping and screaming.

Soon, they had arrived. Severus reverently placed the key, and unlocked the vault. The door creaked open, and the group stepped in. There was nothing in the vault!

“Sirs, Madam, I will wait outside,” said the goblin. “You may peruse to your hearts content.”

Silence.

Then everyone started to talk all at once. Finally, Albus held up his hand. “Enough.”

When he had everyone’s attention, he spoke, “I don’t think Lily would do this to us. And as this is the correct vault,” he looked at Severus, his eyes twinkling. “There must be another door.”


------------------------------------------------------------


“Lucius!” Narcissa rushed into the hall, and Lucius had barely gathered his senses before he felt his wife fold on him.

“Cissa!” cried Lucius. “What’s wrong?”

“Th-they’ve sent another letter, Luc,” sobbed Narcissa. “They want Harry Potter tomorrow, o-or we’ll never see my baby boy ever again!”

“Hush, Cissa,” said Lucius, rubbing his hand up and down her back in an attempt to console her. “It’ll be all right, Cissa, it’ll be all right. Let me take care of it.”

“Oh, Luc, I’m so scared!”

“I know, baby, I am too,” said Lucius. “But we’ll get through this, I know. Trust me, Cissa?”

“Yes, Lucius, with all my heart,” breathed Narcissa. “But I’m so scared.”

They stood in the hall for a while, until Narcissa finally fell asleep in his arms. He carried her into their bedroom, and gently placed her on the bed. He took off her slippers carefully, and tucked her in. He lightly kissed her forehead, and then left the room, closing the door silently.

He couldn’t be strong anymore. It just wasn’t possible. What he had said to her earlier…it was impossible. Even now he didn’t know where the bastards had taken his child. He ran into the room his father’s portrait was.

“Father,” said Lucius respectfully.

“I was wondering when you would come in,” said Abraxas. “Narcissa placed the letter on the table over there, and then ran off in panic. I take it the news isn’t good?”

“They want the Boy-Who-Lived tomorrow,” whispered Lucius, slowly sinking to his knees. “Tell me what to do, Father!”

“I can’t, my boy,” said Abraxas gravely. “You will have to decide that on your own.”

“I-I can’t take the Boy-Who-Lived,” said Lucius haltingly. “But if I don’t, I’ll never get my own son back. What do I do?”

Lucius was almost hysterical at this point. Tears were pouring down his cheeks, and he made no effort to stop them. Huge sobs wracked his body. Why his boy? Why Draco? Merlin knew how hard it was to have a child in the first place, Narcissa being so fragile. It was a miracle when Draco had come into the world. And now…it was evident that he was to be taken away.

Suddenly, the window opened, and in flew an owl. A Hogwarts owl. Fumbling, he took the missive. It was from the Headmaster.

My dear Lucius,

Through extensive spellwork, we have determined your son’s precise location.


Lucius’s heart almost stopped. Maybe there was hope. He continued reading, this time in earnest.

I have taken the liberty of asking Madam Bones (head of the MLE) in assisting us in this. I hope you do not mind?

Mind? He wanted to kiss the old man.

In any event, please floo to my office tomorrow evening. We will discuss further then.

Albus Dumbledore 

 

This time, when the tears came, they were tears of relief.

“My boy, was it good news?” asked Abraxas.

“Yes. They have found where Draco is,” said Lucius. “I will be flooing to Hogwarts later today to discuss logistics.”

“Good, good,” said Abraxas. “Ah, will you be seeing Minerva tonight?”

“I think so, Father, why?” asked Lucius.

“Tell her,” said Abraxas, and his eyes took on a dreamy quality – or so Lucius thought, since portraits clearly could not change. “Tell her…it is time.”  


----------------------------------------------------------


They had searched the dumb vault from top to bottom. Just as they were ready to give up, little Harry dragged Sirius up to Severus.

“Loo’, Dada!” cried Harry excitedly. “It’s Un’le Pa’foo’!”

“Yes, I know, Harry,” said Severus. “Now, don’t distract me now…we need to find something.”

“You supposed to shake hands when you mee’ someone,” said Harry stubbornly.

“Not now, Harry,” said Severus.

“Look, Harry, Sniv- Severus is kinda busy,” said Sirius. “Why don’t we come back later?”

Clearly, he wasn’t too comfortable in shaking Severus’s hand either.

“No!” said Harry. “Now!”

He grabbed Severus’s hand, and in the next instant, all three hands collided. Suddenly, there was a flash of white light, blinding everyone.

“What in Merlin’s name?” cried Severus. He received no answer, just a chuckle – from Albus, most likely.

When they all came to, They stood facing a door – in the middle of the vault. When Severus looked behind it, there was nothing there. It was just a door and its frame, standing almost nakedly. Suddenly, remembering Lily’s statement - you will have to make the Charms react in order to open my bank vault – and all became clear. Quickly, he grabbed Sirius and Harry’s hands, ignoring the cry from Sirius. Together as one, they turned the knob of the door.


When the door opened, there was an audible exhalation of breath. Inside the vault were a Pensieve and a locked box on top a table, as well as a sofa similar to one Albus and Remus had seen before. Also on the table were two sets of memories clearly labelled – Sirius and Severus.

Albus quickly pressed the secret button, and out popped a letter. Severus took the sheet of paper almost reverently, and read it out loud.

My dear friends,

I congratulate you on your access to this vault. It must have been extremely hard, as I know Severus and Sirius would never have willingly cooperated. I must congratulate you, and one day, when you reach heaven, you must tell me how you did it. Or maybe I’ll already know…who knows?

In this vault contains the memories of James and me asking Peter to be our Secret Keeper. The note of validation for the memories is signed by Alastor Moody, who has since been Obliviated. Once you present this to him, he will remember everything. Just a light precaution.

In Severus’s set of memories, well, I must ask that you be prepared. You all bear witness to this, and I ask that you be lenient and understanding. Especially you, Remus and Sirius. Sev, it’s up to you to decide whether or not you would like to view the memories with all those present. I believe it’s best to, but ultimately, it is your decision. As well, the key to the box is the same as the one to the outside vault. The documents can be found here.

At the time I am writing this, it is a week before Halloween. I know in a week I will forever leave this earth… and in a way, I am quite sad (after all, I’ve barely lived), but I know that you will care for my dear Harry. I am content with my life, and all the blessings God has chosen to shower me with, including all of you. I love you all.

Much love,Lily
Severus sobbed, and the letter slipped from his grasp. Harry, sensing his father’s sadness, clung to him, whispering over and over to him, “It’s okay, Dada, it’s okay. Don’t be sad, Dada, I’m here, Dada.”

They stood there in silence, honouring the one who had sacrificed so much so that they could live. Finally, Severus looked up, and nodded at Remus.

Remus took a deep breath. “So…which one should we view first?”

“I think…Pettigrew first,” said Sirius raggedly. “I don’t quite want to know what Lily’s surprise is just yet.”

“All right,” agreed Remus. He tipped the memory into the Pensieve, and together, Sirius, Remus, Minerva, and Albus went in. Severus and Harry stayed behind, since Severus did not want Harry to see that particular memory.

 

“James, are you sure?” asked Lily anxiously. “I have a bad feeling about this.”

“Relax, Lily. Peter’s one of the Marauders,” said James, in a laid-back way. “We can trust him.”

“Still…” said Lily. “I’d be much more comfortable if Dumbledore was the Secret Keeper.”

“We can’t rely on him for everything, Lils!” said James. “Just relax.”

“Oi!” cried a voice. “Hello the house!”

“See?” said James. “Peter’s reliable. He’s even on time…unlike what could be said about Padfoot.”

“Very funny,” said Lily dryly. “Fine, let’s get this over with.”

“Peter Pettigrew,” said James solemnly. “Do you pledge to keep this place secret and out of harm, to hide the knowledge of this place but for Sirius Black, Albus Dumbledore, and Remus Lupin?”

“I do,” came the slightly shaky reply. “I pledge this with all my heart, soul, and mind. If I break this pledge, so help me God.”

Lily placed the charm on the two men’s clasped arms. “Done!”


All four of them exited, all shaky and wobbly. “Well, I can’t say I didn’t expect that,” said Sirius. “But how did that bastard break the Fidelius Charm? It should have been impossible!”

“Language, Mr. Black!” said Minerva disapprovingly. “We are in the presence of a small child right now.”

“Oops, sorry. Harry, don’t say that, okay?” said Sirius, for all intents and purposes looking like a small child himself. “But seriously. How?”

Albus answered him quietly. “Because he had already given his heart, soul, and mind to Voldemort. When he took that pledge…Voldemort was informed. No, more accurately, Voldemort was the one who took the pledge. Thus…the Fidelius Charm wasn’t actually broken.”

“The sick bastard!” cried Sirius, horrified. “I’m going to kill him!”

“We can all agree on that,” said Severus. “Now…I believe we have another set of memories to view.”

“Err, do we have to?” asked Sirius. “I still feel a bit sick to my stomach.”

“Lily requested that you do,” said Remus. “I’m sure you’ll want to know, don’t you?”

“Well…”

“You don’t have to, Black,” sneered Severus. “After all, you shouldn’t be privy to sensitive information…as we can clearly see.”

“You take that back!” shouted Sirius, then calmed. “Fine, I will. And I’ll use it to blackmail you. After all, what did Lily have to do with you?”

“Everything, Black,” said Severus as he poured the memory into the now-empty Pensieve. “everything.”

All six of them plunged into the Pensieve. It was a series of memories connected together, and Severus was forced to relive the two years before Harry was born.

The door slammed shut. Lily had tears streaming down her face. How could Severus have done this to her? Sobbing, she gathered her things, and ran down to the end of the street, where James was waiting for her.

“Oh, Lily,” he said quietly. “I’m so sorry.”

Lily let him envelop her into his arms. While he wasn’t Severus, James was, in his own way, comforting. “James…take me away.”

“All right, Lily.”

The memory changed, and the six of them quickly found themselves in James’s house.

There was a knock at the door. James ran down the stairs, and opened it, expecting either Sirius or Remus. Instead, he found Lily. His heart beat. It was like the first day of school all over again, when he had first fallen for her. But…she looked upset. It was a bit too soon to move on, for sure, but he had thought she had, seeing as she had been much happier the last few weeks.

“James…”

“Lily, come in,” he leapt on to the step, and guided Lily in. “I’ll bring in a spot of tea and biscuits. You just sit down for now.”
He left her on a couch, and was soon back with the food. Gently setting it on the coffee table, he settled on to a nearby chair, and asked, “Lily, what’s wrong?”

“James…I’m…” she choked back a sob. “I’m pregnant.”

James was sure he would have dropped the tray if he had been hodling it. As it was, all he could do was slump back into his chair. “Is it…Severus’s?”

She nodded.

All hell broke loose. Severus almost fainted. He was Harry’s father? But that made no sense! They had divorced two years before Harry was born! He weakly protested, “But that’s impossible!”

Sirius looked at him. “Oh my dear God…”

Remus was shell-shocked. Albus and Minerva were smiling, but in Minerva’s case, she was giving off the impression that she was doing so to stave off the shock. Harry just looked at Severus. “I tol’ you you were my Dada.”

They all turned back to view the memory.

“I can’t let Severus know,” said Lily. “He’ll harm the child. Or even if he didn’t, he’d be in so much danger.”

James nodded gravely. “When is the baby due?”

“Sometime next November,” came the reply. “But…they’ll know the baby is his! I haven’t been with anyone else since…that day.”

“Lily, can you cast a Charm on the child?” asked James, his brain quickly moving. “To prolong the pregnancy? Or hold the child in stasis?”

“But if I have the baby in either this year or the coming one…he’ll still know,” said Lily. “He found the stasis spell, you know.”

“But what if we made improvements on it?” asked James. “The normal ones run for only six months to a year. What if you made it two years?”

Lily began to see his train of thought. “But then…who would I pretend to have it with? No one wants Severus Snape’s ex-wife.”

“You’re wrong,” said James softly. “I want you. And I’ll do this, if this is the only way I can protect you and your child.”
“Are you sure, James?” asked Lily. “You want to give up your entire life…for me?”

“Yes, Lily,” said James. “I would do anything for you.”

“So that’s how she did it,” murmured Severus. “Ingenious!”

“We already knew that,” said Sirius dryly. “Look who’s been leading us on a merry chase.”

Severus snorted, as the memory shifted again, this time to Harry’s birth.

“C’mon, Lily,” encouraged James. “You can do it!”

“Do you know how painful this is?” asked Lily, her face contorted in pain.

“C’mon, push, Lily!”

“I’m trying, dammit!”

Finally, the baby was out. True to form, he looked nothing like James, and everything like Severus, except the nose and the eyes, thankfully. The nurse and the doctor left, giving them space and room for celebration.

“He’s beautiful, Lils,” said James. “Look, he’s got your eyes and your nose.”

“We’ll need to apply the charm now, James,” said Lily. “I don’t think I can do it alone.”

Together, they casted a series of complicated spells, and one by one, the features of Severus Snape were changed into that of James Potter’s. When they were done, they invited Sirius and Remus in. They were named Harry’s godfathers. Soon, they were ushered out, Lily feigning tiredness.

The nurse came back into the room, carrying the birth certificate. “So what’s the baby’s name?”

“Aerick James Severus Snape,” said Lily said quietly. The nurse looked at her confused, but James quickly intervened, taking the birth certificate and the other forms, and then Obliviated her.

“Oh, silly me, I forgot the birth certificate,” said the nurse. “Let me get one.”

“So what’s the baby’s name?” asked the nurse.

“Harry James Potter,” said James.


“My, what a strong name,” said the nurse. “Well, congratulations on the addition to your family.”

“Thanks,” said the two of them.


All of them removed themselves from the Pensieve.

“Aerick, huh?” asked Remus, then continued thoughtfully. “Aerick James Severus Snape…”

“Well, you’re still my godson no matter what,” said Sirius. “If you’ll let me, Severus?”

Severus nodded. “I would never deny you that, Black.”

“My, what fine boys I have,” Albus chuckled. “Severus, I’m sure you’ll know what you’re going to find in that box.”

“The birth certificate and the other forms,” said Severus. “But…is it right for me to take away James’s legacy?”

“Well, at least Harry won’t be recognized,” said Minerva thoughtfully. “That’s why you placed him at the Dursleys’ in the first place. Now, he can go out as himself. Though there’s a question of those charms…”

“We’ll fix them when we get back,” said Severus confidently. Then he knelt down until he was at eye-level with his son. “Harry…would you like to be Harry or Aerick?”

Harry’s eyes grew wide. Inside, he knew what his father was asking him: whether he wanted to be truly his father’s…or not. “Dada…I wanna be Aerick. Bu’ Harry can be my nicknom.”

He gazed around in confusion. “Nockname?”

“Nickname,” prompted Severus, who was about to cry, out of happiness, of course.

“Yeah, tha’,” said Harry. “I wan’ ta be yours foreva an’ eva an’ eva.”

“You are mine, Aerick James Severus,” said Severus firmly. “I’ll never let you go, no matter what.”

Needless to say, there were more than one set of wet eyes in the vault by the time Severus had finished.

But Lily had one more surprise for them. As Harry passed through the inner vault doors, his features began to change. And not painfully either. It was as if the Charm was a mask, and his true features were now showing. All five adults watched in awe as Lily’s magic manifested for the last time – for now anyways. By the time all of them had left the building, they were all different. Most changes were on the inside, but Harry’s was on the outside, and he wore it like a badge of honour. Finally, he had his own family again. Severus…well, he was a changed man inside and out. If anyone had seen him that day, they would have wondered if that was truly Severus Snape. He was smiling a smile of pure delight, the first Albus had seen in many, many years. And if Harry had anything to do with it, well, they’d be seeing it more often than not. He had a very good feeling about it.

Albus linked arms with Minerva, and together they walked behind their boys. What a wonderful day this had been.

The End.
End Notes:
hello everyone!

This sure has been a heck of a ride, and I've enjoyed it. There's only one more chapter left, and it just concludes Lucius's story. After that, well, I'll be starting the sequel, Mending Bones. This will be a bit before he turns 11, and then his first year.

I don't think I'll be starting it any time soon, as I'd like to finish To Unmask the Sunrise first. So please take a look at that. It's very different from this one, I have to admit, but there is plenty of interaction between Harry and Severus.

I think I will do several one-shots (or maybe a short in-between) of Harry's childhood. =)

Anyways, I overdid myself this time: 4,532 words! WoOt! so I hope you enjoyed it. It was kinda painful writing it.

Please review!

Thanks for reading! Have a Merry Christmas!
~shige


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1944