Bloody Mary by Nightshade
Summary: What happens when Selene and her friends say "Bloody Mary" three times?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Original Character, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Horror, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery, Supernatural, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Girl!Harry
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Character Death, Profanity, Rape, Suicide Themes, Torture, Violence
Prompts: Halloween
Challenges: Halloween
Series: Selene Lily Potter
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 7417 Read: 9994 Published: 01 Nov 2009 Updated: 01 Nov 2009
Story Notes:
Yes i know the summary stinks. I'm sorry. hopefully the story will make up for it.
Day Before Halloween by Nightshade

It was sunny and bright on that Friday afternoon. And Selene Lily Potter, second year student, was enjoying one of the few moments of peace she was able to get this year with her friends.

Ron Weasley and Blasie Zabini were wrestling around in the grass. While Draco Malfoy, Sel’s best friend, lay on the grass beside her watching the battle with slight ameusement. Sel couldn’t help laughing as the boys tried to get the upper hand of the other.

And Hermione Granger, Sel’s sister in everyway but blood, lay under a tree reading her text book.

“Bet you two chocolate frogs that Blaise wins,” Draco whispered to Sel.

“That’s a fools bet.” Sel wasn’t stupid, she knew that though Ron was bigger Blaise was faster. It was an even match.

Hermione looked up and and rolled her eyes. “Honestly don’t you two have anything better to do than to bet and gamble?”

“Like what?” Draco asked rolling onto his back.

Hermione smirked. “Oh I don’t know…how about studying?”

Sel and Draco looked at each other.

“NAH!”They both laughed.        

Hermione chuckled and went back to her book.         

“Ouch!” Ron shouted.         

Rolling her eyes Sel muttered. “Told you so.” Standing she pulled Blaise off of Ron. “Now boys if you can’t play nice I won’t let you play with each other anymore.”           

Blaise sighed. “Yes mother.”           

Ron chuckled and sat up. “So, who’s exited about the Halloween Feast this Saturday?”           

 Sel shrugged. She was indifferent, after all her parents had died on Halloween. It was unlikely she’d ever love the holiday.

“I wish I could go home.” Hermione said sadly.

“Why?” Ron asked totally shocked.

Hermione sighed. “Every year my grandmother has a Halloween party and then later on we’d all go trick or treating. I just miss it. And my grandma.”

Sel reached out and squeezed her friends shoulder in silent support.

 

“What’s trick or treating?” Draco asked.

 

Sel could answer this question. “It’s a tradtion muggles do. Muggle kids will dress up as creatures and then go to peoples houses and get candy. It’s supossed to be fun.”

 

“Didn’t you ever go trick or treating Sel?” Hermione asked.

           

“I wasn’t allowed.” Sel said simply.

           

The group fell silent. They knew the Dursley’s weren’t nice to Selene.

           

“And they ask for candy?” Blaise asked trying to change the subject.

           

“Yep. All you do is knock on the door and say trick or treat.” Hermione said.

           

Ron smiled. “I wish wizards did stuff like that.”

           

“Why?” Sel asked.

           

Draco laughed. “For the free food of course.”

           

Ron merely shrugged unabashed.

           

They all laughed.

           

Draco suddenly leaped to his feet. “I have an idea! What if we asked Dumbledore to let Hermione go to her grandmother’s for the weekend? Halloween is on a Saturday this year so you wouldn’t miss any classes.”

           

Hermione beamed. “Yeah! And maybe he’dlet you guys come too!”

           

Sel waited patiently for reality to sink into her friends. “I doubt the headmaster would let me go.”

Everyone went quiet. This was true. Especially after what had happened to Mrs. Noris.

"What if Professor Snape came with us?" Blaise asked.

Selene threw back her head and laughed. "Professor Snape take us trick or treating and to a Halloween party? Please, no offense, but Sev hates Halloween. Pluss he doesn't want me off school grounds. I'm surprised he hasn't shown up now and dragged me back to the castle. Honestly he won't let me do anything! Only Dumbledore and McGonagall kept him from taking me off the Quidditch team."

The kids were silent. Again this was all true. Professor Snape had become extreamly protective and demanding this year. Some believed he was taking things a little too far.

"We should at least ask." Blaise said. "The worst they can do is say no."

"Yeah, you're right."

Together they got up and ran towards the school heading toward the Headmaster's office, unaware someone had heard the entire conversation.

 

The End.
End Notes:
Who do you guys think it is? Sorry this chap was so short. But it gets better.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1977