Bloody Mary by Nightshade
Summary: What happens when Selene and her friends say "Bloody Mary" three times?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Hermione, Original Character, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, Horror, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery, Supernatural, Tragedy
Media Type: None
Tags: Girl!Harry
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Character Death, Profanity, Rape, Suicide Themes, Torture, Violence
Prompts: Halloween
Challenges: Halloween
Series: Selene Lily Potter
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 7417 Read: 9995 Published: 01 Nov 2009 Updated: 01 Nov 2009
Mary Worth’s Story by Nightshade

Selene looked around the dark room she found herself in. “Where am I?”           

No one answered.           

It was then Sel saw the tall mirrior that stood infront of her.           

~Selene~           

Sel gulped. “Hello? Who’s there?”           

~Selene Lily Potter~           

Sel pulled out her wand and approached the mirror.           

~Come~           

I’d be stupid to do that.” Sel said.           

The voice laughed. ~You were foolish enough to call me~           

Selene watched as a girl seemed to walk forward from some far off place inside the mirror. “You’re real?”           

~Yes~           

“But how?”           

Mary tilted her head.            

Is the whole story true?”           

Mary faded away. Suddenly the mirror was like a tv and Sel watched as a young 12 year old Mary was slapped around by her father. Standing nearby wa a woman and older girl who yelled at her the entire time . ~I was a muggle-born witch. My family didn’t approve. But they couldn’t tell anyone either. You couldn’t claim your child was a witch or demon without causing some pain and hardship for yourself~            

Selene nodded. This was true.           

~Mother blamed Father while Father blamed Mother and Charlotte. He said Mother carried me and taught me the ways of evil~ a girl older than Mary suddenly appeared while the parents vanished.

~Charlotte blamed me for our family’s trouble’s.~ Charlotte glared at her younger sister. Her brown eyes filled with hate and resentment. Just like Aunt Petunia’s.           

She was jealouse.”           

 Charlotte vanished. Mary shrugged indifferent. ~Perhaps. Charlotte chose her life.  And she payed for her crimes.~               

“What do you mean?”           

Mary’s eyes lowered. ~Charlotte killed me. I killed her.~               

Sel took a step back. “Why do you do these things? How much of your story is true?”           

Mary vanished again.           

Sel stepped forward and saw that she was looking into a darkened room. Another Mary opened the door into the bedroom and took off her coat. She went over to the desk and sat down so she could look into the mirror.

~I’d often stare into mirrors. Even as a small child I was always able to see things.~ Mary’s eyes went from black to grey. As though she was saddend by a memory. ~ The first time I thought I was dreaming. I was watching something, worse than my worst nightmares, through another’s eyes. As it was happening to them.~ Her eyes went black with rage. ~Later I discovered what I had seen had indeed come to pass. It had happened exactly how I saw it. My newfound ability terrified me.~               

 “I bet.” Selene said. Mary tilted her head as though surprised by Selene’s reply.               

~ You ask how much of my story is true, here is your answer. Everything. I killed my family for the sins they commited. I killed whoever I saw with darkness within them. For that is my purpose. I am a Vengence Demon.~           

“A vengence demon?” Sel wondered what that was.           

~Yes~           

“Why are you telling me this?”           

Mary tilted her head to the side and eyed Selene closely. ~I do not know. There is a darkness within you, but it’s not…solid?~           

Sel shook her head and took a step back. “I’m not evil.”           

Mary’s eyes narrowed. ~I’m never wrong. Your souldis stained with blood, death and suffering. It reaks about you~               

“No. I…how? Is it because I killed Voldemort’s servant? I didn’t mean to! It was an accident, my friend was in danger!”           

Mary glared. ~I care not for your reasons. Your soul bares the weight of thousands of lives. Why should you live while they do not?~               

Thousands? Selene didn’t understand. “No.”           

Mary pointed her finger at Sel and said darkly. ~You shall die for your crimes~            

Selene didn’t know what to do. Everything in her screamed RUN! But where would she go? So she did the only other thing she could: “SEVERUS HELP!!!!”                 

“Selene!” Severus’ voice broke through the haze.           

Panting Sel opened her eyes and felt them fill with tears of fright.           

Severus stood over her worry written all over his and her friends faces. “Selene? Are you awake?”           

Selene let out a sob and closed her eyes. ‘Was that all just a nightmare or was that real? Like with Nyx?’ She didn’t know but she was terrified despite everything.           

Severus lifted her into his arms and said, “You all go back to sleep I’ll handle Selene.” With her still in his arms he stood and went up to his room. “Shh. It’s alright. I’ve go you.” He sat her down on the bed. Then went over to his desk and dragged it over to the bedside. “Would you like to talk about it?” he asked when she was calm.           

“I…I saw her again.”           

“Did you?” Severus leaned forward and waited for her to continue.           

Sel nodded. He must think I’m crazy.           

“I do not think you are crazy.” Severus assured her.           

Selene glared. “I swear you’re using Occlumency  on me.”           

Severus held up his hands in peace. “I gave you my word that I would not. Not without your permission.” He shifted in his chiar.           

He probably still feels guilty. Sel thought to herself. Sighing she added. “You do know I forgave you right?”           

“You may have but I have not.” Severus leaned back into his chair. “I need to learn to control my temper.”           

Selene didn’t comment. “Sev, what’s a vengence demon?”           

Severus stiffend. “And why would you ask such a thing?”           

“Mary said that’s what she was. In my dream she like went through her whole lifes story.”           

Severus eyed Sel for a moment then he stood and began to pace.           

“She also said that  she kills people with Darkness within them, stained souls.” Sel bowed her head. “She said my soul is stained.”           

Severus blinked. “You have done nothing wrong.”           

“She doesn’t think so. She said thousands of people have suffered because of me.”            

Severus traced his lips. “A Vengence Demon is a person who can see who has been hurt or who has caused pain to another. Usually the VD is a person who has suffered themselves. Their magic shifts and changes for a single purpose; revenge or justice. It is rare for a witch or wizard to make such a transformation but it does sometimes happen.”           

“So they’re human.”           

“In the beginning. But in their quest for vengence they cause harm and therefore damage their own souls. And in doing so become less and less human. It becomes and addiction for them. Eventually they die as all humans must, but most cannot move on. Revenge was their purpose, their reason. A purpose that unfortunatley keeps them from moving on after death.”           

“So what your saying is when she was murdered she stayed behind so she could continue gatting revenge on people.” Selene said sadly.           

“Yes.”           

“That’s sad.”           

“It is. But that just proves a point that people often forgett. Magic is both a blessing and a curse.” Severus returned to his pacing. “Bck to more important matters; you say Mary said you have darkness inside you?”           

“Yeah.”           

Severus sighed. “The headmaster has a theory.”           

“What is it?”           

Severus ceased his pacing. “We believe that when Voldemort attacked you he accidently placed some of his soul in you. His sould is damaged. Yours is not.”           

Selene took a moment to process this. “So the darkness inside me is Voldemort. Not me?”           

“Yes. That is our theory.”           

 “You could be right, but…Severus!” Sel pointed to the mirror.           

Severus spun around and starred at the woman in the mirror. “Bloody hell.”           

~Actually~ Mary stepped out of the mirror. ~It’s Bloody Mary~           

Sel stood and took a step back. Severus stood protectively infront of her.           

~Step aside~           

“No.”           

~She has to pay for her crimes~           

“She’s done nothing.” Severus glared at the Vengence Demon.           

~Her soul,~           

“Isn’t stained. The Dark Lord Voldemort’s is.” Severus folded his arms infront of his chest.           

~Voldemort?~ Mary’s eyes went from black to white. For a moment there was silence then… ~Lord Voldemort, formerly known as Tom Marvolo Riddle. Son of Merope Gaunt and Thomas Riddle~ her eyes went black again. ~How is it you carry a shard of his soul?~           

Severus went to speak when Mary glared. ~Let her answer~           

Sel swallowed. “He killed my parents and then tried to kill me. The spell went wrong somehow, anyway he died and I didn’t. I don’t remember it.”           

Mary’s eyes narrowed as though searching her soul for lies and darkness. ~I remember Tom Riddle. He was dark, but I couldn’t kill him. Though I have tried.~           

“You know Voldemort?” Sel asked surprised.           

~Yes. We lived in the same orphanage. He’d often taunt me for being a muggle born~ Mary tilted her head and eyed Selene with new interest. ~Strange~           

“What is?” Severus asked.           

Mary remained silent.           

“Are you going to kill me?” Sel asked timidly.           

~No. Your soul is not damaged. At least not in that way. However, I’m inclined to serve you in any way.~           

“Why?” Sel was shocked.           

~I’m a Vengence Demon. Vengence is merely another form of Justice. Many people have hurt you.~ she continued to watch Selene. ~Tonight I vow to avenge you Selene Lily Potter. And if you ever need me,~ Mary smirked and winked at Sel. ~You know how to find me~           

Sel smiled back alittle. “Thank you.”           

Mary nodded then she vanished.           

Selene and Severus stod in silence for a long time. “I hope she doesn’t kill anyone I know.” Sel said suddenly.           

Severus gently squeezed her shoulder. “If Mary does kill anyone it is not your fault. You know she doesn’t kill anyone without reason.”           

“But,”           

“No but’s.” Severus sighed. “Lay down and go to sleep. You’re safe now.”           

“Where will you sleep.”           

Severus pulled out his wand and transfigured his chair into a small bed. “I’ll be fine.” He went to lay down himself.           

Sel lay down and pulled the covers up. “Thank you Sev. This was the best Halloween ever.”           

Severus laughed. “Hopefully you wont have another like it.”           

“I couldn’t agree more.”           

The two closed their eyes and finally went into a peaceful sleep. 

The End.
End Notes:
So who do you guys think Mary’s gonna get? I hope you liked my story. And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1977