Harry Potter: Dark Lord by JAWorley
Summary: Summary: When Severus forces an “Opposite Nature” potion on Harry, Harry acts exactly the opposite of his personal nature, with surprising results. Now Severus must rectify his mistake before Harry turns into the next Voldemort.

Response to the: Opposite His Nature challenge by Scorpia.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Ginny, Hagrid, Hedwig, Hermione, McGonagall, Original Character, Pomfrey, Remus, Ron, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: Snape is Angry, Snape's a Bully, Canon Snape, Snape is Mean
Genres: Angst, Drama, General, Horror, Mystery
Media Type: None
Tags: Evil!Harry, Physical Impairment
Takes Place: 6th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Out of Character, Profanity, Violence
Prompts: Opposite His Nature
Challenges: Opposite His Nature
Series: JAWorley's Challenges
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 5759 Read: 30244 Published: 08 Dec 2009 Updated: 08 Dec 2009
Story Notes:
Response to the: Opposite His Nature challenge by Scorpia.
The Mistake by JAWorley
Author's Notes:
This is meant to be a 2-3 chapter long fic. So it will be VERY short. Have no fear, my other stories will not be neglected in favor of this one.

Response to the: Opposite His Nature challenge by Scorpia.
"Potter!"

Harry jumped and dropped the silvery potion to the ground, where it shattered, spilling it's contents everywhere.

Suddenly the room was flooded with light and Harry shielded his eyes. He'd been creeping around in the dark for the last twenty minutes trying not to get caught by Filch on his way down to Snape's private potion stores, and now here he was caught by the man he was thieving from himself!

"What do you think you're doing?" Snape was striding towards him, shooting fiery daggers out of his eyes at Harry.

"I, er, I..." he was so startled and knew he was in such trouble that he couldn't find the right words to say.

"You what!?" Snape spat. "Just thought you'd come down time and again and continue to steal from my stores? Hm? Well this is the last straw Potter. Since you seem unable to keep yourself out of trouble, I will make sure to keep you out of trouble myself."

Harry paled. He didn't want to be expelled. The man had been pushing for his expulsion for years. Truth be told he had never stolen anything from him before, but he just couldn't take another sleepless night. He had a Transfiguration test in the morning and if he didn't get at least a few hours of sleep then he was doomed to fail yet another test. Hermione would pitch a fit. But then again, wouldn't she pitch a fit if he got expelled and couldn't take the exam at all?

"Sit!" Snape spat at the dumb look on Harry's face. Harry didn't hesitate and sat straight down into the nearest chair as Snape sneered and moved to his Potion's cupboard. If there was any chance of him getting out of this alive, and still a student, Harry wasn't going to waste it by disobeying and getting himself into even more trouble.

It was only a moment before Snape strode back out of the closet with a sickeningly knowing smile on his face and a small jar of clear liquid. He set the jar on Harry's desk and pulled out a handful of Harry's black hair unceremoniously, dropping it into the liquid. Immediately the liquid turned pitch black, the same color as his hair, and Severus held the jar up.

"Drink it," he commanded with such force that Harry knew he'd better not disobey.

"What is it si-"

Snape narrowed his eyes and leaned forward so that some of his long black hair fell forward and into his eyes. "Drink. It. Now." This was not a question of being expelled anymore, it was a question of life or death. The man's tone had told him that and his eyes had confirmed the manner in which Harry would die if he didn't do as he was told... it would be brutal.

Harry gripped the container of black liquid and thought that it should smell like licorice, but was unsurprised when it smelled like something putrid. It figured, Snape's aim was probably to make him sick enough to have an extended stay in the Hospital wing. Well, it was either that or-"

"NOW!" Harry jumped as Snape yelled and slammed his hand down on the desk, and Harry swallowed the liquid with one big, nasty gulp.

Snape seemed pleased. He stood up and crossed his arms with a twisted smile.

"What was it?" Harry asked, feeling sick for having gotten himself into this mess.

"Ostendo Ingenium."

"What-"

"Reverse Nature potion Potter," Severus spat in disgust. Of course most fourth year students could speak Latin by then, but Potter couldn't even do it in his seventh year."

"What does it-"

He was growing impatient. "It makes you do exactly the opposite of what your own personal nature would generally tell you to do."

Harry paled visibly, generating a wider smile from Snape. "Yes, that's right Potter. So instead of you sneaking off to steal potions from me in the middle of the night you will remain sound asleep in your disgusting Gryffindor bed. Instead of slacking in all your classes and breaking every rule you come across, you will study hard and do as you're told, for once in your life."

Harry gulped. He definitely did not like the sound of not being in control over his actions. What was he going to tell Ron and Hermione?"

"When does it wear off?"

"When the counterpotion is given. It takes a week to brew and all the ingredients are very expensive Potter. I doubt with your potions skills that you'd be able to do it, so until you get good enough to do it..."

Harry glanced up to see his twisted smile. "Yes, I should say I will have peace and quiet for at least a month... maybe even until the end of the year."

"I'll tell the Headmaster."

Snape shrugged. "I'll tell him I gave you no such thing. Remember Potter, I am his spy, and he does trust me above any student. Now get out!"

Harry stood, wondering when the potion would take effect, but suddenly he felt an urge to stand his ground. He didn't move a single step.

"Are you deaf Potter!?"

"Nope, I just have no reason to listen to a slimy, worthless, greasy, overgrown dungeon bat like yourself! Should I hang you upside down from the ceiling so everybody can see your polka dotted underwear?"

Harry clamped his hands over his mouth, in disbelief that he had just said all of those things, but at the same time, he drew some satisfaction from it, and allowed himself a grin.

Severus narrowed his eyes, wondering if this was the potion taking effect, or if it was still the old Potter. He had no doubt that the boy was defiant, insolent, and rude as he was.

"I will not hesitate to expel you Potter!" Snape held up a threatening finger, and Harry narrowed his eyes as he chuckled. Inside he was all panic, not having control over himself and also knowing that if he was expelled, he'd have nowhere to go but back to the Dursley's. And with or without a Hogwart's diploma or a wand, Voldemort was still going to come after him until he was dead.

Suddenly a thrilling idea came to him and he felt sure it was the best course of action. He pulled his wand and cast a binding charm on the professor standing there before him. The ropes sprung out of his wand so fast and so tight that Snape was surprised and fell over backwards, unable to move or speak as the ropes bound even his mouth closed. "Well then I won't hesitate to tie you up and hide you away," Harry said with a smile. Snape's eyes widened as Harry reached down and dragged the Potion's Master out of the classroom and into the closet, where he cast a silencing spell on him and left him there in the dark before closing and locking the door with every locking spell he knew.

‘I hope he has to piss,' Harry thought to himself quietly, wishing the man would wet himself before anybody found him. Even the thought of the potential embarrassment was enough to fill his heart with joy. Nobody messed with him and threatened him like that... soon they would learn.

 

The End.
End Notes:
He he he... yes, I am evil, and now I have written my first ever "Evil Harry" story. Enjoy! Let me know what you think in a review!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2017