The Final Breeze 2 by grugster
Summary: That's the sequel to "The Final Breeze". Harry and Severus aren't coping well with their life after Voldemorts defeat. Then a potion accident turns their life upwards down because Harry is turned twelve and Severus thirteen.
Categories: Big Brother Snape Main Characters: Arthur, Charlie, Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, McGonagall, Molly, Neville, Pomfrey, Remus, Ron, .Snape and Harry (required), Tonks
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Family, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Child fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 4th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Romance/Slash, Self-harm, Suicide Themes
Challenges: None
Series: The Final Breeze
Chapters: 45 Completed: Yes Word count: 130841 Read: 202426 Published: 06 Feb 2010 Updated: 19 May 2012
Chapter 17 – The Truth by grugster
Author's Notes:
Dear readers,

here comes the next chapter.

For all those who are waiting for a sequel to "Harry and his new family" I have good news. I have already written 5 chapters for the sequel and it will soon be up.

Sunny

-II-

"Just don't ask, Harry. I'm the older one here. I can handle this alone."

"But I have older friends. Okay, older friends who are still students as you don't want to speak with the adults. I'm sure Ron will smash them. He is a very good Keeper, you know. He is strong and big and... that sounds weird."

"Absolutely," Severus said, but could not resist a grin.

"You grinned," Harry said happily.

"No, it was just a grimace of pain," Severus teased.

Harry laughed. "Let's plan where we want the bed and the other stuff. Then Alastor or Poppy will just have to move the furniture for us in the right places."

They spent the next fifteen minutes sitting on Harry's bed going through old photos, deciding which should be on their walls and cupboards, which books they wanted to place in the bookshelf...

Severus almost forgot about all the trouble, but it was back in full force when the door opened and his Head of House, Remus, and Albus came in. He groaned and crawled into the corner and drew his legs up. Harry sat close to him on the bed and pulled one of Severus' hands from his knees to hold it.

His head hidden behind his knees, Severus said, "I don't want to speak with you!"

-II-

Minerva and Albus sat down on Severus' bed which still stood beside Harry's from the previous night. Charlie drew a chair close to the bed, and Remus sat down on the other end.

"Severus, we have all spoken with Alastor and James. We agree that you cannot attend classes before we know who attacked you," Albus started the conversation.

"It was just st-"

"No," Minerva's stern voice echoed through the room, and Severus hid even further behind his legs. "Severus, we have failed you once, and it won't happen again. The one who did this has to be expelled from this school."

Oh, how much Severus wished it would be like this, but it never was like this, and therefore he could not say anything. It would just cause battles between Albus, Minerva, and Alastor, and he did not want to be responsible for it. Harry squeezed his hand, obviously in the hope that Severus would feel encouraged to tell the truth, but Severus just shook his head.

"Don't you trust us, Severus?" Charlie asked.

"Not you as well," Severus said miserably.

"I'm your Head of House and your friend. Do you honestly expect me to look away? What will happen next? Will he break your neck?" Charlie asked angrily.

"Calm down, Charlie. Shouting won't get us anywhere," Albus said sadly.

The tone of the old man's voice made Severus' heart break. He is disappointed in me for not telling them, but I can't. "I'm not weak, I can manage this alone." He was not even aware that he had spoken the last part until Remus answered back.

"It's important to note that you don't need to manage this alone. Your injuries were serious, and this new life should be one without unnecessary pain. Severus, was it somebody from my house?" Remus asked.

Severus did not say anything, but he also did not shake his head.

"Severus, I will tell them," Harry whispered miserably, loud enough for all to hear.

"No, please!" Severus pleaded.

"But I'm scared. I don't want to lose you. Charlie is right, who knows what will happen next. I need you," Harry exclaimed pleadingly.

Oh great, that's exactly the sentence that brought me into this damn situation. Didn't he say that before I left for my last meeting with the Dark Lord? I wouldn't have come back and I would have been spared all this. Severus could not resist this pleading the first time, and he knew he could not resist it now.

"It was them, right?" Harry whispered again.

"Yes," Severus croaked. He had the feeling that with that small word, his whole world would break down over his head. He was letting others handle this problem for him. He was a coward.

"Who was it, Harry?" Albus asked gently as if he feared that speaking too loud Severus would tell Harry to not tell them.

"When I was in the hall and Severus ran away from me, Leroy and Greg stopped and said evil things about Severus. They also said they would teach him a lesson, but I never guessed..." Slowly Harry felt responsible for this. He should have warned Severus.

"Harry, this isn't your fault, nor is it Severus' fault," Remus said, sympathetic. "Leroy Malkons and Greg McConnor?"

"Yes," Harry said.

"Severus, are they the two who hurt you?" Albus asked.

"Yes. Now go and find a good excuse to rescue your lions," Severus spat bitterly.

It was not Severus words that hurt Albus the most, it was the uncertain look Harry gave him. The boy really thought it was possible he could do the same mistake again.

"Severus, please tell us exactly what they did," Minerva asked and sat down in front of Severus on the bed. She gently stroked his head and added, "Please."

"Why?" Severus asked, scared. He did not want to tell them what they had done. It was too embarrassing.

"Because we need to know what happened exactly to punish those boys," Minerva said softly, not taking her hand from his head.

"But they will find a way around Albus. I know it. I don't want you to know what happened," Severus said fearfully.

"So there's more to it than what they did to your hand and ribs?" Minerva asked carefully. She felt the men around her tense. "What happened, Severus? You are like a son to Albus. He would never betray you by being on their side. He has changed."

"But there were two people, and when they say it isn't true, then it will be one against two and they will win!" Severus looked up for the first time, and Minerva had to fight hard to keep her composure. His tearful face broke her heart.

"You can prove it with your memory, Severus." Seeing Minerva's furious look, Albus explained further. "I believe you, my boy, and I will expel them for hurting you. I just meant that in the case they deny it, you could offer a memory." Albus looked very hurt. It seemed that everyone was expecting him to make the same mistake again. He loved Severus, and never would he do something like this. His long years as headmaster had taught him that parents can be very insisting, so he also knew that they had to know the whole story to take charges against the two Gryffindors.

"Severus, we need to know what happened. Please tell us." Minerva cupped Severus' cheek with her hand. She did not want him to hide behind his knees again.

After a reassuring squeeze from Harry's hand, Severus started to explain how he had wanted to speak with Harry and therefore had left the castle without the Ravenclaws. "I was pulled into a dark corner behind a bush...and...Malkons pushed me against the wall. They insulted me about what happened in Transfigurations and told me that they know I'm a weakling and so. Malkons kicked me in my groin and then...then...." No, he could not tell them.

"Then what, Severus? You can tell us," Minerva said, reassuringly stroking her thumb over the tear that ran over Severus' cheek.

"He...he..." Severus started to breathe quickly, and Minerva feared he would hyperventilate. She was relieved when Albus finally got a grip on himself and gently pulled her away from Severus.

Albus quickly took Minerva's place and cupped Severus' face with both his hands. Deeply, he looked in the fearful black eyes. "It's okay, Severus. You can tell us. We are here for you. We will keep you safe."

Severus sobbed even harder. "They...He...Malkons opened his trouser and...and...he said he would pee on me."

Albus closed his eyes in despair, but Severus thought it was in shame.

"I'm sorry, Albus. I really tried to fight them. I'm not weak. I promise!"

"Merlin, Severus, you are twelve, and they are fifteen. You don't stand a chance against two of them, and that is normal. If I was a twelve-year-old, I would have had no chance as well. We are here to prevent things like this from happening, but nobody believed that something like this would happen. I'm sorry, Severus. I really am," Albus stated, determined.

Severus felt much better after this statement from Albus. So Albus was not ashamed about his weakness. Hopefully, he looked at the older wizard.

"What happened then, Severus?" Albus asked.

"The Ravenclaws called for me," Severus said. He did not see Charlie's chest swell proudly. His Ravens had proven to be very reliable and loyal friends. If it had been one of his Ravens who had done this to Severus, he would have been crestfallen.

"So he couldn't go on and became angry about it. He stuffed...he...he put it back, and then he hit me in the ribs. I fell down, and then he kicked me again in the ribs, but I had my hand in front of my chest. That was it. It's not that bad," Severus ended sadly.

"It was way too much, my boy. They will pay," Albus said, determined, and kissed Severus forehead. "Thank you for trusting us." He stood up and addressed Remus. "Bring them to my office, Remus. Minerva," he turned around. "I need you there as my deputy as well." There was a powerful aura around the headmaster. Almost like he was in the battle, Harry remembered.

"Of course," Remus said and stood up. Before he turned to leave, he leaned down to Harry and kissed him on his forehead. "I'm proud of you, Harry. You are a good brother to Severus. He really needs someone like you at his side." Remus looked sadly at Severus. He wished he could hug him, but he knew Severus would not want it. So he just laid a comforting hand on Severus' head and said, "I'm ashamed of my house, Severus. It was very brave of you to tell us. You are not weak."

If he was not so emotional at the moment, Severus would have laughed at this gesture. Like a king praising his followers for bravery by knighting him. At the moment, he could only take comfort out of this gesture. It felt good that Remus did not mock him about what happened and even said he was brave, something he did not feel at the moment, even though Albus and Remus both assured him that he was not weak. "This won't happen again," Remus assured one last time and then stepped aside for Minerva.

"I will come by later again. Try to calm down and relax a bit. We will take care of them." She leaned down and kissed him again on his forehead and was surprised when slim arms slipped around her neck. They never had a real friendship. It was always more of a mentor and student relationship between them. Severus was polite to her, and she occasionally showed some motherly tendencies. Having him seek comfort from her so openly surprised her. Nevertheless, she willingly gave it to him. She sat down again on the bed and drew him into a tighter hug. The sobbing became worse for a minute or so, but then it ebbed. Minerva was glad that Albus realized that now was not the time to rush. She gave Severus as much time as he needed to calm down, and then she slowly drew out of his embrace.

"I'm sorry!" Severus mumbled, ashamedly wiping his eyes.

"There is nothing to be ashamed of, Severus. I'm always here for a hug. I enjoy it a lot. An old lady like me doesn't get many," Minerva said, smiling.

Severus could not stop himself from grinning.

"Ah, that's what I really love about this young Severus," she said and ran a hand over his head again. "His smiles are just lovely."

"I did not smile," Severus protested. It felt good that the heavy feeling was gone from his chest, even though he did not know why it was gone after his hug with Minerva.

"Of course not!" Minerva said, grinning and kissed him one last time on his forehead. When she tuned, she saw that Harry had found his way in Remus' arms while she was occupied with Severus. She ruffled his hair and leaned down to him when he had let go of Remus. "I'm also very proud of you. Sometimes even big brothers need some help." With a squeeze of Charlie's shoulder, she left the room with Remus and Albus.

"So, what do you two want to do?" Charlie asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"We were deciding what we should add on the walls," Harry explained. He also wished to forget this incident and make something fun. "But maybe we could play Gobstones?"

"What do you think, Sev?" Charlie asked, inwardly praying that Severus would want to play.

Severus shrugged his shoulders and went over to them. "Can you?" Severus asked and pointed at his face.

"Wouldn't it be better to use the bathroom, Sev?" Charlie offered. He hated Cleaning Spells as a kid. His mother was really fond of them.

Severus shook his head, and when Charlie still looked questioningly at him, he said, "Alastor."

"You can't hide from him, Severus. He is your guardian," Charlie said, reproaching, but nevertheless waved his wand to clean Severus' face.

"Thanks," Severus said. "Who will start?" He hoped that he could forget his fear about what would happen after Albus had spoken with the two Gryffindors.

"You and Harry," Charlie said while Harry pulled out the Gobstones set Remus had bought him last year.

They had played ten rounds when the door opened and Alastor walked in. "Hey boys," he said insecurely. It was odd to see him like this, but it just showed that he was only human.

"Hey, will you play with us?" Harry asked to break the uncomfortable silence.

"Certainly. Let me just catch Poppy. I'm certain she wants to play. Or is this a strictly men round?"

Harry laughed. "No."

Severus was always surprised at how mood-lifting Harry's laughing was.

They played for over an hour, and Charlie said good bye after half of the time. First, the atmosphere was tense, but little by little the mood changed. A friendly hair ruffle from Alastor and a peck on the cheek from Poppy, and soon they were all laughing. The game ended in a big tickling battle that Severus and Harry lost. When they went to eat supper, Severus was happy. He could breathe freely even though his ribs were still numb, which had not helped in the tickling game because Alastor knew too well that Severus' feet were even more ticklish than his sides.

"Will the pain come back at night?" Severus asked Poppy while he helped to set the table. He liked that every meal beside lunch in these quarters was prepared by themselves and not the house-elves.

"No, James and Maria left a potion for you for tonight and for tomorrow morning as well," Poppy explained.

"Okay," Severus said, happy that he would not have to roll from one side to the other because of pain.

"After supper we have to finish your room. Severus, we can decorate your old room later. You two can choose what you want to have in the room. There just has to be room for a bed for guests and two desks for your homework," Alastor explained.

"Do you want a bed like mine, Severus?" Harry asked.

"No, I don't want a Quidditch bed," Severus said and pulled a face.

Harry giggled.

"What?" Severus asked, annoyed.

"I just imagined you sleeping in a cauldron bed with your feet hanging over the rim." More giggles escaped Harry while he described it.

"Very funny, Harry," Severus said sarcastically and then glared at his guardians, who also found Harry's description funny.

This time, Severus did not complain about his potion and ate all his supper.

They had almost completely decorated Harry's room and Severus' as well when Minerva and Albus came back. "Let's sit down," Albus said grievingly.

Severus' heart sank at the headmaster's voice. "I knew it," he mumbled. Poppy was at his side immediately and drew him against her.

Albus sighed. "Mr. Malkons has been expelled from Hogwarts. He has already packed his things and his parents have picked him up." Albus paused, knowing that now came the hardest part.

Minerva knew how hard it was for Albus to deliver the news, and so she laid a calming hand on his leg. "I can do it."

"No," Albus said, determined, and laid his hand over hers. "Severus, both boys did not deny everything after we cornered them with the fact that you would provide a memory if necessary. As Mr. McConnor had not harmed you personally, his parents insisted that he stay at Hogwarts. They agreed to a Monitoring Charm and regular sessions with a therapist for reflecting on his crime. That means he will still go to school here, but you are safe. In the event that he tries to harm you physically, an alarm will go off in my office, here in the quarters, and on the wand of the closest teacher. It will inform us were you are, so we will be there very quickly. I know it is hardly a comfort for you, but my hands were bound in his case."

Severus was sad and scared. One of them could still try to convince others to bully him and could mock him that he had not defended himself when they had attacked him. If McConnor told someone else to beat him, the Monitoring Charm would not help him at all.

"Severus, I was there when Remus spoke with the Gryffindors. Most of them were very shocked and some even insulted Mr. Malkons when he left the common room with his trunk. I think Mr. McConnor will hear some harsh words from his housemates as well. It was very hard for Remus and me to calm Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger. They are very worried. I think there are a lot of Gryffindors who will have an eye on Mr. McConnor from now on," Minerva said to quell Severus' fears.

"All Heads of House have informed their students about the incident." Albus lifted his hand to stop Severus from interrupting him. "Not in detail, Severus. They are just informed that Mr. Malkons and Mr. McConnor have attacked you seriously and that Mr. Malkons has been expelled for it. Your house was in high fury. If it would be okay with you, they would be very happy to see you in the common room before curfew. Minerva could accompany you."

"Severus, I could hardly calm Miss Block. She was crying all the time because she felt responsible for the whole incident. Mr. Stone was very shocked as well. Charlie and I had to take points from Ravenclaw because some older students threatened to strangle Mr. Malkons and Mr. McConnor," Minerva reported.

"Great, now I have a bunch of bodyguards," Severus said, annoyed, but inwardly it felt good to hear that so many people were on his side. That was definitely a change from his first school time. The Slytherins never stood up for him against Potter and Black.

"That can't be a disadvantage, Severus, and I think it just shows that you are already very popular in your house. So what do you think, will you join me for a short visit to your common room?" Minerva asked hopefully.

"Okay," Severus said and nodded, but he could not stop from gnawing on his bottom lip nervously.

"Let's go," Minerva said cheerfully and laid her arm over Severus' shoulders.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2078