The Final Breeze 2 by grugster
Summary: That's the sequel to "The Final Breeze". Harry and Severus aren't coping well with their life after Voldemorts defeat. Then a potion accident turns their life upwards down because Harry is turned twelve and Severus thirteen.
Categories: Big Brother Snape Main Characters: Arthur, Charlie, Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, McGonagall, Molly, Neville, Pomfrey, Remus, Ron, .Snape and Harry (required), Tonks
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Family, General, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Child fic, Deaging
Takes Place: 4th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Romance/Slash, Self-harm, Suicide Themes
Challenges: None
Series: The Final Breeze
Chapters: 45 Completed: Yes Word count: 130841 Read: 202400 Published: 06 Feb 2010 Updated: 19 May 2012
Chapter 18 – Private Escorts by grugster

-II-

"Severus, I could hardly calm Miss Block. She was crying all the time because she felt responsible for the whole incident. Mr. Stone was very shocked as well. Charlie and I had to take points from Ravenclaw because some older students threatened to strangle Mr. Malkons and Mr. McConnor," Minerva reported.

"Great, now I have a bunch of bodyguards," Severus said, annoyed, but inwardly it felt good to hear that so many people were on his side. That was definitely a change from his first school time. The Slytherins never stood up for him against Potter and Black.

"That can't be a disadvantage, Severus, and I think it just shows that you are already very popular in your house. So what do you think, will you join me for a short visit to your common room?" Minerva asked hopefully.

"Okay," Severus said and nodded, but he could not stop from gnawing on his bottom lip nervously.

"Let's go," Minerva said cheerfully and laid her arm over Severus' shoulders.

-II-

"Severus!" Alicia screamed, running in his direction when he entered the Ravenclaw Common Room. She stopped abruptly in front of him, obviously remembering that he was once her professor and that hugging him would be a little awkward. So she stood nervously in front of him not knowing what to do.

The rest of the Ravenclaws rounded Severus and Minerva and asked questions all at once. Minerva held her hand up. "Let him breathe and sit down, please!"

Severus went straight to a sofa, and Alicia sat down on the arm of it. "Why didn't you tell us?"

Suddenly, the whole room was silent. Everyone wanted to know the answer. Severus blushed. "It wasn't so important."

"Not important?" Amy asked, shocked. "Severus, they broke two of your ribs and bruised your hands!"

Severus looked over to Minerva with wide eyes. "Why do they know? You said they didn't know the details."

Minerva looked at Amy and raised her eyebrow.

"Malcolm Barth and Gregor Karlay and some other Slytherins cornered Malkons and his parents before they could leave the grounds with their carriage-"

"They did what?" Minerva asked, shocked.

"Ehm... yes, Slytherin lost a hundred points for it. So we are not alone in losing points today," Amy said, smirking. Several hands clapped and cheers of 'At least they showed some loyalty' and 'they're not so bad' and 'we really have to thank them' made the round until Minerva glared them into silence. "Yes, ehm...what I wanted to say...they cornered Malkons and attacked him...with words. Okay, they threatened to find him when he's alone and show him what happens when someone attacks one of them. His parents didn't even help him. I think they are ashamed to have a son like that. So Malkons became angry and said that he was proud that he broke two of Severus' ribs and his hands, and he wished he would have been able to...." She blushed and stopped speaking.

"I want to go," Severus said panicky. His face burned from shame, and he could not stand that they all knew what Malkons wanted to do with him. Before Minerva could intervene, Frederick London addressed Severus.

Frederick was a seventh year, and he had laid his arm over Amy's shoulder because they were a couple for two years. "They should be ashamed, Severus, not you. You had no chance against them. That's why we tried not to let you out of sight. We reckoned that you would be attacked one day, but we assumed it would be by Slytherins. So we guessed wrong. We know that you have no chance against one of the elder student. The papers mentioned that your magical core was damaged. And look at you; you're skin and bones. Ouch!" Frederick shouted when he got an elbow in the ribs from Amy. "What? It's true. Severus, you need us to look out for you, and we'd love to do it. It's like payback for all what you did in the battle."

"I did nothing in the battle," Severus said bitterly, but sat down again.

"What?" Frederick exclaimed, and many other Ravenclaws started to mumble, shocked. "You were a spy, Severus. You brought valuable information, and look at the price you paid!" Frederick gestured at him. "He almost destroyed you!"

"He's right, Severus. We Ravenclaws decided it was best to ignore that you were once an adult, but we will not forget what you did for us and the whole Wizarding World. Ravenclaw always had the least problems with you as a Potions Master. Besides Slytherin, of course. We learned a lot from you, and we will not forget how many of us you have helped. We know that many things you said and did were out of show for keeping your role as a spy. The papers were full of it," Amy stated.

"Let us older ones look out for you, and tell us when you have problems," Frederick instructed.

"Yes, we like to look out for you," said Constantine, another seventh year, and many others nodded in agreement.

Severus still was blushing, and when Alicia took his hand, he blushed even more but did not dare to pull his hand out of hers. He did not want to hurt her, but he could not say why.

"We will not let you out of sight again, and I think there will be many eyes on McConnor from every house," Oliver, who stood close to him, said. Starting to giggle, he added, "Professor Sprout told him that he has to plant Mandrakes without earplugs. But then Professor Dumbledore intervened and said that torture could not be used as punishment, so she said that he had to put manure under the soil in greenhouse two with his bare hands." Oliver grinned. "Professor Dumbledore didn't have anything against that."

"The Slytherins were willing to lose hundreds of points for telling Malkons what they think about him, and only Professor Flitwick's Silencing Spell made them stop," Frederick reported. "You see, there are many people on your side, Severus, and none of them is looking down on you for what happened. Maybe the houses will even become closer because of you. I mean, since when have Slytherin and Ravenclaw had the same opinion about something?"

It felt good to hear that some of his Slytherins were still on his side and had even fought for him so openly. Barth and Kalay were seventh years-very reliable seventh years, but also very sensible-and so it surprised Severus that they had been so emotional and aggressive. It seemed many things had changed.

"I think that's enough for today. You all have seen that Severus is fine, and now you can get yourselves ready for the night," Minerva said.

"So, you'll come to classes tomorrow?" Alicia asked hopefully.

"I think so," Severus said shyly and stood up. He realized that he still was holding her hand and let it go.

"So next time you won't try to handle everything on your own and wander around alone?" Frederick asked.

"I don't want to be watched all the time. I'm not a baby," Severus protested.

"This has nothing to do with being a baby. At least for a few weeks let us keep a close eye, Severus. When you have your magic back and have gained some more weight, we will leave you be in peace. What do you say?" Amy offered.

Severus groaned. "I still don't like it, but I fear I have to accept it."

"We will try to be as discrete as possible," Frederick said cheerfully.

"Oh really, Severus, next time don't run around and look for the Spenterlies just because I told you about them at breakfast. Ask me next time to join you, I know where they are," said Luna dreamily.

Frederick and the other boys grinned. The lower grades snickered and the first and second years laughed. In the end, the whole common room laughed, including Severus. Only Minerva had enough control to not join them, even though Luna had joined as well.

/

The night was calm, and Severus and Harry enjoyed sleeping in their shared room.

When Severus stepped out of the quarters the next day, he almost collided with Ron, who flanked the hall with Hermione. In close distance stood two Slytherin seventh years, Fredrick, and Amy. Severus groaned and mumbled to Harry. "Only the Hufflepuff escort is missing."

"No, there they come," Harry teased and pointed at two boys in yellow uniforms who came running into the hall. They stopped when they saw Alastor and Poppy.

"Oh, how nice, Alastor; a young, good-looking man has come to escort me to the Great Hall," Poppy said teasingly and linked her arm with the shocked-looking Ron.

Alastor chuckled and laid a hand in Severus' neck for support. "Yes, very nice indeed!"

Severus grinned at the expression on Ron's face when Poppy steered him in the direction of the Great Hall. Harry was reminded of Ron's face when Professor McGonagall had asked him to dance with her for the dance lesson before the Yule Ball two years ago.

The Slytherins moved in Severus' direction before the small group started down the stairs. "Ehm...Professor?"

Alastor looked at them, but they were looking at Severus. "I guess you want to speak with Severus and not a professor?"

"Ehm...yes, with Pro...Severus," one of the Slytherin said. It was Karlay.

"What is it?" Severus asked nervously.

"The Syltherin house asked if you would come for a...a talk this afternoon. We would like to spend time with you...I mean, if you still want to...I mean, you were a Slytherin and so..."

"Not without one of us!" Frederick pushed himself between Severus and Karlay.

"You're a Ravenclaw!" Barth said and stood with his chest puffed out beside Karlay.

"So is Severus!" Frederick said, not a bit intimated by the behavior of the Slytherins.

Severus rolled his eyes. "What happened to 'maybe the houses will become closer'?"

"That was Amy's saying, not mine," Frederick stated without looking around. "He will not go into your dungeons without one of us."

"It was the Gryffindorks who attacked him, not a Slytherin, so you should position your body guards in front of their Common Room, not ours!" Karlay stated angrily.

"Hey, it was only two Gryffindors, not all of us!" Ron protested loudly and wanted to go over to them, but Poppy did not let go of him.

"Who cares? Severus will not go into any other common room besides Ravenclaw's without one of us beside him," Frederick stated, agitated.

"Hey, I'm standing right here, you know," Severus said.

"Let me handle this!" was all Severus heard as a reply.

Severus groaned and rolled his eyes again. He threw one glance in the direction of the Hufflepuffs and Amy, who stood a few feet away, eying the scene with interest. Finally, he turned and just went for the stairs.

"Hey," the Slytherins shouted and ran after him, Frederick close on their heels.

"I want to talk with them, Frederick! You can't tell me with whom I can talk and with whom I cannot!" Severus said angrily.

"Hey calm down, we're just trying to keep an eye on you," Frederick said, hurt.

"But I don't want to be controlled," Severus argued.

"We don't want you to get hurt again," Frederick exclaimed.

"We also don't want this, stupid Raven-" Karlay began angrily.

"Watch you mouths, boys," Alastor stated sternly, and immediately all three hunched their shoulders and looked fearfully.

Severus had to smirk at their behavior. His guardian was a very powerful and feared wizard and teacher.

"Fine, then. Send one of yours with him, London," Karlay stated.

"Good," Frederick said, satisfied.

"Great that you came to an agreement over my head," Severus said sarcastically.

"Cheer up, Severus," Frederick said and ruffled his hair. "We are just watching out for you!"

"If I could, I would hex your hand off for this," Severus said, frustrated.

"Good for me that you can't, and when you remember how to do so, I will have left the school. At least a spell like that is a fifth-year topic," Frederick said teasingly and headed a few steps ahead to throw his arm over Amy's shoulder again.

Karlay cleared his throat. "Ehm...none of us would hurt you, you know?"

Severus shrugged with his shoulders.

"Malfoy sent us a letter. He sends his regards, and he is trying to come back as soon as Dumbledore lets him," Karlay explained.

"Professor Dumbledore, Mr. Karlay. Five points from Slytherin for disrespect!" Alastor said sternly. "And five points from Ravenclaw for snogging in the hallway, Mr. London."

Severus grinned again, not caring that his own house had lost points.

Frederick and Amy immediately jumped apart, blushing.

Karlay groaned. "How can you stand him the whole day?" he whispered in Severus' ear.

"He cannot take points from me in private," Severus said, grinning.

"Even though it's a wonderful idea," Alastor said roughly behind him. "And I have very good ears, Mr. Karlay."

"How is Draco?" Severus tried to distract.

"Okay. He says his foster parents are cool, but his home teachers are awful. There are tests those who have been temporarily suspended have to take so they can come back. He has spoken with Professor McGonagall and she promised him that she would arrange for this test to be held soon. Until then, he has given us the task of keeping an eye on you," Karlay said proudly and pushed his chest out.

Severus rolled his eyes. "Why does everyone think I can be pushed around and that decisions can be made about me over my head?"

"Because you are a skinny-"

Severus had his wand out in a second and held it in Karlay's direction. "I'm not!"

"Severus, wand away! Five points for threatening a fellow student with you wand!" Alastor stated sternly.

"They were bossing me around!" Severus protested, but put his wand away.

"That's what older students do, Severus," Harry interfered for the first time. "Former Professor or not, you wanted to be treated like all the others and that's how it is. We get pushed and bossed around by the older ones. Now you know why I didn't want to be a second year again."

"Hmpf," Severus said, protesting, but it made sense, and he had not seen it this way before.

"I never guessed I would say this, but thanks, Potter," Karlay said. They were close to the Great Hall now. "So we'll see you at four in the afternoon, Severus?"

Severus groaned his agreement and was happy when the two Slytherins jumped down the last stairs and ran to the Great Hall.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2078