Harry, The Werewolf by Black Banshee Girl
Summary: Harry finds out that Snape is his father but then he gets bitten by Remus Lupin. In response to The Werwolf Challange by Tina Evens
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking
Prompts: Werewolf Challenge
Challenges: Werewolf Challenge
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 12216 Read: 22496 Published: 08 Mar 2010 Updated: 31 Mar 2010
Story Notes:
My first story with Harry as a werewolf. This is going to be a slow story but not too long.

1. Chapter 1: Potions Class by Black Banshee Girl

2. Chapter 2: Telling Snape by Black Banshee Girl

3. Chapter 3: Visiting the Dursleys by Black Banshee Girl

4. Chapter 4: A New Life For Harry by Black Banshee Girl

5. Chapter 5: Introduction to Wolfbane by Black Banshee Girl

6. Chapter 6: The Truth About Scabbers by Black Banshee Girl

Chapter 1: Potions Class by Black Banshee Girl
Author's Notes:
I don't own any part of this story. All characters belong to J.K Rowling and I'm not making any money off of this.

Also if anyone wants to Beta my story then feel free. My last one I can't get a hold of.

Harry James Potter was having a good first week back, if you didn’t count on Malfoy getting himself hurt during Care of Magical Creatures.

Today they were in double potions, with the Slytherins, and Draco Malfoy had walked in late.

“I still can’t believe Malfoy didn’t get detention,” Harry said, adding a few drops of Belladonna sap to his potion and stirring it three times.

“Don’t worry about it, mate, he always gets what he wants because Snape is his Head of House.” Ron said.

“Well it still doesn’t make it right,” Harry pointed out.

Ron shrugged and went back to his potion.

Today Snape was having them brew a simple Paternal Potion. It was only one of nineteen known ones and Harry was having a great deal of ease with it. Ron, however, wasn’t, and he hit his hand on the desk.

“I hate Potions!” Ron stated.

Harry hated Potions as well but so far he was doing okay today and he didn’t want Ron to mess it up.

By the end of the lesson Harry had a violet color potion ready to be graded. Hermione had produced a pale purple potion and Neville and Ron were the only ones that looked like they were going to get a fail for the lesson. Snape came over and looked down at Harry’s potion.

“Have you been cheating, Potter?” Snape asked him, his eyebrows rose in suspicion.

Harry was shocked, for the first time, that Snape would even think that he had cheated.

“No, sir, I haven’t,” Harry answered.

“Don’t lie to me, Potter,” Snape sneered and Harry could hear Malfoy snickering. “Grab a vial, Potter, and pour some of this potion into it.”

His voice was colder then usual and Harry did exactly as he was told.

Harry was glad when the lesson had ended. Harry knew that he hadn’t cheated so why couldn’t Snape just accept it and leave him alone. Of course Ron would say that Snape didn’t know how to leave anyone alone and the only way that Snape would ever stop making Harry’s life a nightmare was if Harry died. Well he had no intention of ever doing that.

During lunch Ron talked about Hermione and the fact that her brand-new book bag was coming apart.

“Harry, why does she have to take so many classes?”

“Ron, you know that we’re talking about Hermione,” Harry said to him, giving him an odd look.

“Don’t look at me like that,” Ron begged.

Harry stared at him, “And why not?”

“Because for a moment you looked just like Snape,” Ron told him.

Harry was a little stunned by that.

Professor Lupin wasn’t there for their first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson but he did arrive a few minutes later.

“Good afternoon,” he said. “Would you please put all your books back in your bags. Todays will be a practical lesson. You will need only your wands.”

Harry was curious about this. They never had a practical Defense Against the Dark Arts before, unless you counted the memorable class last year when their old teacher had brought a cageful of pixies to class and set them loose.

“Right then,” said Professor Lupin, when everyone was ready. “If you would follow me please.”

Puzzled but interested, the class got to its feet and followed the professor out of the classroom. He led them along the deserted corridor and around a corner, where the first thing they saw was Peeves the Poltergeist, who was floating upside down in midair and stuffing the nearest keyhole with chewing gum.

Peeves didn’t look up until Professor Lupin was two feet away; then he wiggled his curly-toed feet and broke into song.

“Loony, loopy Lupin,” Peeves sang. “Loony, loopy Lupin, loony, loopy Lupin-“

Rude and unmanageable as he almost always was, Peeves usually showed some respect towards the teachers. Everyone looked quickly at Professor Lupin to see how he would take this; to their surprise, he was still smiling.

“I’d take that gum out of the keyhole if I were you, Peeves,” he said pleasantly. “Mr. Filch won’t be able to get in to his brooms.”

Filch was the Hogwarts caretaker, a bad-tempered, failed wizard who waged a constant war against the students and, indeed, Peeves. However, Peeves paid no attention to the professor’s words, except to blow a loud wet raspberry. Professor Lupin gave a small sigh and took out his wand.

“This is a useful little spell,” he told the class over his shoulder. “Please watch closely.”

He raised the wand to shoulder height, said, “Waddiwasi!” and pointed it at Peeves.

With the force of a bullet, the wad of chewing gum shot out of the keyhole and straight down Peeves’ left nostril: he whirled upright and zoomed away, cursing.

“Cool, sir!” said Dean Thomas in amazement.

“Thank you, Dean,” said Professor Lupin, putting his wand away again. “Shall we proceed.”

Meanwhile in the Headmaster’s office…

“I’m telling you, Albus, this potion was done better then even I could brew,” Snape told Dumbledore.

He had waited for over an hour to finally see the Headmaster and when the door opened Fudge came out, looking harassed. He nodded at Snape and then headed back to the main part of the castle.

“I fail to see the point of this,” Dumbledore told him.

“He’s cheating,” Snape snarled, “I want him suspended until he tells me the truth.”

“And what purpose will it serve?” Dumbledore asked him.

“It will tell him that cheating isn’t allowed,” Snape said. “This is another point that I’m making. He’s like his stupid father, thinking that he can get away with anything because he’s famous.”

“Severus, you keep on pointing this out but I’m telling you that he’s nothing like his father.”

Snape didn’t believe Dumbledore for one moment.

Back with Professor Lupin’s class

“I’m telling you, Lupin is wicked,” Ron said.

Harry frowned at what Ron had said. True, Lupin was really good at helping the students dispatch a Boggart but he didn’t let Harry tackle it. Harry decided that he would ask Lupin the next time that he saw him.

No time at all Defense Against the Dark Arts became most people’s favorite subject. Only Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins had anything bad to say about Lupin.

“Look at the state of his robes,” Malfoy said in a whisper every time that Lupin passed. “He dressed like our old house elf.

But no one cared if Lupin’s robes were patched and frayed. After Boggarts they moved onto Red Caps, nasty little goblin like creatures that lurked wherever there had been bloodshed; in the dungeons of castles and the potholes of deserted battlefields, waiting to bludgeon those who had gotten lost. From Red Caps they moved on to kappas, creepy water-dwellers that looked like scaly monkeys, with webbed hands itching to strangle unwitting waders in their pounds.

At the end of each of lesson Harry tried to ask Lupin about why he wouldn’t let him tackle the Boggart but every time he just ignored him to the point that Harry had to leave if he didn’t want to miss lunch.

“Your dose of Wolfsbane, Lupin,” Snape said two weeks after term had started.

“Thanks Severus,” Lupin said and started to drink it.

Snape left Lupin alone as he had no need to make conversation with a werewolf.

Harry was coming back from the Library, where he had been force to study with Hermione. As he approached Gryffindor tower he noticed a very nicely dressed witch standing there. She had long black hair, brown eyes, and was wearing purple robes that had pentacles on them.

“Excuse me, but are you Mr. Potter?” the woman asked him.

“Yes, why do you ask,” Harry asked him, wondering what this woman wanted with him.

“I’m Tara Hutch and I’m from the Department of Magical Births at the Ministry of Magic,” the woman explained, making her voice sound important. “I’ve got a letter from your mother, Lily Potter.”

Harry at once got excited and accepted the letter.

“It was timed for you to open it when you were in your third year,” Tara explained, “Enjoy what’s written.”

And she bowed and left.

Harry entered the Gryffindor common room and found a quiet corner to read his mum’s letter. He opened the heavy parchment, feeling excitement coursing through his body. He had never gotten a letter from his mum and he wondered what she had to say. He read:

Dearest Harry,

If you’re reading this then I and James are dead and I won’t get a person to person chance to tell you this. A few years before you were born I had a friend, a Slytherin, his name was Severus Snape. We lived in the same area and he told me that I was a witch and he told me all about Hogwarts. One night, a few months after I was married to James, Lucius slipped me something.

It caused me to be unfaithful to my husband and the only person that was able to help was Severus. I got pregnant that night and I never told James the truth. I didn’t want him to believe that Severus had a hand in it. Harry, Severus is your father and I hope that both of you can love each other.

Love from,

Lily Potter

“Harry, there you are,” Hermione said.

Harry looked up and he saw that Hermione was shocked to see tears.

“Snape’s my father!” Harry told her.

“What!” Hermione said, shocked. “But how-?”

“Lucius Malfoy did something to her and Snape helped her,” Harry told her.

Hermione put a hand over her mouth.

“What am I going to do, Hermione?” Harry asked, “The man hates me.”

“Well he won’t hate you when he finds out that you’re his son.”

Harry snorted and wiped the tears away.

“I’m going to bed.”

And he left.

To be continued...
End Notes:
I would like to thank my beta jazzyjezzy63 for cleaning this up.

I've got my beta back and she'll beta Chapter 2 and then I'll upload it. Sorry about the delay and I haven't forgotten anyone.
Chapter 2: Telling Snape by Black Banshee Girl
Author's Notes:
To Everyone that reviewed: I hope that this chapter answers all your questions. Thanks everyone that reviewed.

The next morning Harry was silent, so silent that even Ron noticed, and it took three times for Professor Sprout to call on Harry before he spoke.

“What’s wrong, mate?” Ron asked him after he had correctly answered Professor Sprout’s question.

“Nothing is wrong,” Harry said, “I’ve just got a lot on my mind with Sirius Black and everything.”

Thankfully Ron bought the lie but Harry knew that Hermione didn’t.

“This isn’t about Sirius Black and you know it,” Hermione said, “Go and tell Professor Snape about the letter, show him the letter, and find out the truth.”

Harry knew that Hermione had a point but he just couldn’t bare going down there and talking with Snape about what the letter contained. The main reason was that Ron would want to come and he didn’t think he could take Ron’s shocked expression when he found out that his best mate was the son of Snape.

“I don’t know,” Harry said.

“Harry, I know that you think that Professor Snape won’t understand but he was there and he’s the only one that can tell you what you need to know. Also he might be able to get you away from the Dursleys. Ever thought about that?”

Harry had thought about that, a lot. However he didn’t know if Snape would want to take him away from the Dursleys since he thought that Harry was a spoiled prince in their household.

“Fine, I’ll go and tell him,” Harry said, finally giving in, “But I don’t want Ron coming. This is personal!”

Hermione smiled at him, “I’ll keep him away,” she promised.

“Thanks,” Harry said.


“Tonight’s the Full Moon,” Dumbledore stated to Snape. “Who’s going to cover Remus classes?”

“I’m doing that,” Snape said, grinning, “No one will notice anything odd by Monday.”

“Good,” Dumbledore said, “So how are you and Remus getting along?”

Snape glared at him and then answered, “I stay away from him and he stays away from me.”

“Severus, I really wish that you would let this go,” Dumbledore said gently, “It wasn’t his fault that Sirius told you how to get into the Shrieking Shack.”

“And why don’t I believe that?” Snape asked.

“Because you choose not to,” Dumbledore answered and then left Snape along with his thoughts.


“Now just knock on his door and go in when he tells you to enter,” Hermione urged Harry.

They were outside Snape’s office and Hermione was giving him pointers.

“And what if he throws me out?” Harry asked.

“He won’t,” Hermione said, “Just show him the letter and see what happens. I’ll head back to Gryffindor tower so that Ron doesn’t follow.”

“Thanks, Hermione,” Harry said.

“No problem, Harry,” Hermione said and Harry knocked on the door.

They both heard Snape’s cold voice say, “enter and it better be good, Albus.”

“He thinks I’m Dumbledore,” Harry said.

“Just go in,” Hermione urged, her hands pushing him on.

Harry opened the door just as Hermione walked down the corridor, heading back to Gryffindor tower.

Snape’s office was his usual doom and gloom but Harry knew that if he didn’t show Snape the letter then he would never know that his mum had written anything before her death. Harry figured that it just seemed fitting that Snape knew. The person in question was busy grading papers, muttering about how stupid Crabbe was.

“What do you want, Potter?” Snape said coldly.

“Well, sir, I got this letter from mum and I thought that you might want to read it,” Harry said.

Snape looked at him and then sneered. “Is this your idea of a joke because if it is then it’s not funny?”

“No, I got the letter right here,” Harry told him and pulled out his mum’s letter.

He handed it to him and waited to see what would happen. Snape started to read the letter in silence. Finally: “I don’t know how you managed to forge Lily’s writing but I’m not impressed.”

Harry stared at him, the second time this term that he had been shocked at what was coming out of Snape’s mouth.

“I didn’t forge her writing,” Harry told him, “This was given to me by the Ministry of Magic.”

“Likely story,” Snape snapped, going red, “Get out of my office and don’t you dare show your face at my door.”

“I’m not leaving until I prove to you that I’m telling the truth,” Harry said.

Snape rose and for the first time the look on his face truly scared Harry. But he held his ground because he knew that his mum would have wanted Snape to know, to grasp.

“GET OUT OF HERE!” Snape screamed.

“YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE ME,” Harry screamed back.

Suddenly Snape had his wand pointed at Harry and the look on Snape’s face made Harry want to run for the hills.

“Oh I can make you leave,” Snape said.

“What in the name of the Gods is going on down here?” asked the stern voice of Professor McGonagall.

Both wizards had no idea that McGonagall had come in.

“Get this boy out of here before I hex him,” Snape urged.

“I’m not leaving until he sees sense or uses one of his potions,” Harry said to her.

“Severus, drop your wand or I’ll hex you,” McGonagall threatened, “Now what’s going on?”

Snape, thankfully, put his wand away. “Potter showed me this and I want him suspended for lying to a teacher.”

He handed McGonagall the letter and she read it. All of a sudden she went white and sat down in a chair.

“Oh Gods, I didn’t know that she had written this,” McGonagall said.

“What are you talking about, Minerva?” Snape asked; his tone harsh.

“The letter isn’t a forgery,” McGonagall told him.

“See, I told you,” Harry said but Snape stared at her.

“What’s going on here, Minerva?” Snape asked.

McGonagall looked at him and then said, “You weren’t supposed to ever find out but then they died and I thought that I would be the one, alone, that would carry this burden.”

“What burden?” Snape demanded.

McGonagall sighed, “A few months before everything when to hell Lily came to me, big and round with Harry, and told me that James wasn’t the father of her son. I told her how this was possible and she said that Lucius had slipped her an extra powerful lust potion and that you had been there to ‘help’ her. She wanted to know if there were any charms that she could use to hide the fact that Harry wasn’t James son. I told her everything that she needed to know and vowed that I would never tell you the truth.”

Snape sat down, his eyes wide and his face pale. “Harry’s my son!” he said to no one in particular.

“Yes and she did something to the vault that if you ever found out during Harry’s time at Hogwarts that the money from the Potter vault would go into your vault. I think that it might be going into it right now.”

“I don’t want any of Potter’s money,” Snape stated.

“I know that but Lily wanted you to be able to provide for your son,” McGonagall said.

Snape put his face in his hands. “Oh Gods, Lily must be having a good laugh right now.”

“Don’t-.”

“Harry, I think that we should give Severus time to process this,” McGonagall said.

Harry nodded and both of them left.


“So did you tell him?” Hermione asked when Harry returned.

She had been wondering how the whole thing had gone and she had been thankful that Ron had gone to bed as soon as she returned from dinner.

“I told him and at first he yelled, I yelled, and then McGonagall came,” Harry explained.

“Was she able to calm both of you down?” Hermione asked.

“Let’s talk about this in a corner,” Harry said, “And away from the Weasley twins.”

Hermione nodded and led her to a corner.

“So was she able to calm both of you down?” Hermione repeated her question.

“She did more then that, she told Snape that Lily had told her that I wasn’t James’s son.”

Hermione stared at him.

“He also said that I need to give Snape time to process all this,” Harry went on.

“Well I totally agree with that,” Hermione said, “It isn’t everyday that you find out that the boy that you thought was your enemies son is actually your son and I’ll keep the matter tight lipped. I don’t want anyone finding out your situation, they might blow it out of proportions.”

“Thanks, Hermione.”

“No problem, so need help with your Charms?” Hermione asked him.

Harry laughed, “No, I think I’ve gotten it.”

“Alright but if you need me I’ll be here,” Hermione told him and left.


“Oh Gods, Lily, why didn’t you ever tell me,” Snape said.

He had been re-reading Lily’s letter for the tenth time and he still couldn’t process what she had written.

“Severus, are you alright?” Professor McGonagall’s voice asked.

He looked up to see that he had forgotten to close his office door. He was relieved that it hadn’t been Dumbledore.

“I’m surprised that the boy didn’t go to Dumbledore right away,” Snape said, “Telling him how the great black bat is his dad.”

He heard McGonagall sigh. “Severus, I know that this is hard for you but Harry needs a father.”

“He has the Dursleys,” Snape said, “Anyway; everyone will hate him if they find out the truth.”

“And what truth is that, that the famous Harry Potter now has a father,” McGonagall said, “Stop being blinded by what you think of him and look at the fact that you have a son that needs you.”

“He doesn’t need me, Minerva.”

“That’s where you’re wrong,” McGonagall said and she left him alone with his thoughts.


Harry decided to take time away from the earth shattering news that Snape was his father and finish the essay that was due tomorrow in History of Magic. Snape might not want to yet recognize Harry has his son but he wasn’t going to give him a bad impression by turning in a half completed essay.

“The Library will close in twenty minutes,” Madam Pince told Harry.

“Thanks for reminding me,” Harry said.

He quickly pulled out the book that he needed and had Madam Pince check him out. Putting the book in his bag he headed back for Gryffindor tower.


Unknown to him something was watching him. It had escaped from Lupin’s office and was now trailing behind Harry. Suddenly it gave a huge leap and bit into Harry’s arm. Harry screamed in pain and reached for his wand, kicking at the creature. It held on and only let go when a stunner came at him. Harry laid back and let blackness overcome him.

When Harry came to he was in the hospital wing with a very worried Madam Pomphrey and Professor McGonagall.

“What happened?” Harry asked.

Both women looked at each other and then Professor McGonagall spoke. “Harry, I’m afraid that you were bitten by a werewolf.”

Harry looked at her, “A werewolf, but their not real,” Harry told her, “Just something that Malfoy said because he was scared.”

“I’m afraid, Mr. Potter, that werewolves are very real,” Madam Pomphrey said, “And you were bitten by one.”

Harry stared at her and then looked at his bandaged arm.

“Professor Snape put a salve on it so that it would heal without leaving a mark,” Madam Pomphrey explained, “Severus has done very extensive work in the this area.”

“So he can make me a potion and I’ll be better,” Harry said.

McGonagall sighed, “I’m afraid that a potion won’t work. Once you’re bitten you are at once infected. It’s too late for any form of help.”

Harry felt his whole world crashing around him.

“Potter, I know that you don’t want to hear this but someone from the Ministry was informed,” Madam Pomphrey said, “He’ll-.”

“Not now, Poppy,” McGonagall cut in.

“But he has to know,” Madam Pomphrey urged.

“I said, not now,” McGonagall said; her voice like steel.

“Fine,” she snapped and left for her office.

“Thanks,” Harry said as McGonagall sat down.

“No problem,” McGonagall said, smiling at him, “Look, I know that you’re all new to this but we’ll make sure that no one finds out what happened.”

“Ron will find out,” Harry said to her.

“Well Mr. Weasley is only as smart as you make him out to be,” McGonagall said.

“Professor, how did a werewolf get inside the castle?” Harry asked her.

“I think I better let the Headmaster answer that question,” McGonagall said, “Because I’m not in my right mind to answer that.”


“Mr. Steward will be here in the morning,” Dumbledore told Snape.

“From the Werewolf Register Office,” Snape inquired.

“Yes,” Dumbledore said, “I can’t believe that Lupin bit Harry.”

“I find it difficult to understand, I gave him the potion,” Snape told him.

“Could one of the ingredients of gone bad,” Dumbledore inquired.

“Might have happened,” Snape said, “Damn, this is my entire fault.”

Dumbledore looked at him, “Are you suddenly worried about Harry?”

Snape hid his surprise well. “No, I’m worried about my reputation.”

Dumbledore at once bought this and let Snape go.

Snape headed back to his lab and looked at the jars of ingredients that he used for the Wolfsbane Potion. He pulled out the key ingredient, Wolfsbane, just as the door slammed open and a very angry Ron Weasley appeared.

“What did you do to Harry, you evil git,” Weasley snarled.

“Get out of my lab, Weasley, before I take points off.”

“I don’t care, you did something to Harry,” Weasley told him, “And I’m going to get you sacked.”

“Ron, get out of there,” Hermione said, “Or I’m going to talk to McGonagall.”

Weasley glared at her and then left.

“Sorry about that, Professor,” Hermione told him.

“You don’t need to apologize for him,” Snape said.

“Sir, what really happened to Harry?” Hermione asked him in a tone that wasn’t accusing.

“He was bitten by a werewolf,” Snape confessed and Hermione gasped.

“But how could a werewolf get in here?” Hermione asked him.

“Because Dumbledore hired him,” Snape confessed, “I’m supposed to brew this Wolfsbane Potion but the stupid supplier sent me bad Wolfsbane.”

He opened it and let Hermione smell it, she reeled.

“Oh Gods, that smells bad,” Hermione said, going green around the neck.

“It’s not supposed to smell like that,” Snape said, “Now I have to order a new container of Wolfsbane if I’m going to brew it from not only the man that bit your friend but for him as well.”

He heard Hermione sigh, “Sir, I know that I’m not supposed to get involved but Harry needs you. The Dursleys will kill him if he returns and transforms.”

“I highly doubt that they’ll kill their favorite relation,” Snape said.

“Sir, they hate him,” Hermione said, “Just go to his Uncle’s house and see with your own eyes. That’s all I’m asking.”

She turned to leave and then stopped. “Despite what a lot of people think, I know that you will make a great father.”

And she left, leaving her wisdom behind.

Boy, she’s wise and a good friend.

To be continued...
End Notes:
I would like to thank my beta jazzyjezzy for reviewing this chapter, correcting it, and enabling me to produce a story that you can read. I'll update again by the end of the week.
Chapter 3: Visiting the Dursleys by Black Banshee Girl
Author's Notes:
To those that reviewed, sorry that I didn't write your names down, thanks for reviewing.

Snape didn’t want to admit that he wanted to see how Potter lived but his curiosity got the best of him and he paid a visit the following day. Potter would be in the hospital wing until the moon waned and then released out into the public. Another reason that he went was that he didn’t want to be there when the jerk from the Ministry told Potter that he would never be able to hold down a job and that he had limited rights because some idiot (Umbridge) had decided that werewolves didn’t deserve to work or even have a life. No wonder werewolves joined the Dark Lord.

Privet Drive at once disgusted him. Everything looked the same and unless you knew the number you could go right past it. He knew from Potter’s record that he lived at number four and so that’s where he went. Number four looked neat, tidy, and any other word that Snape could think of. He knocked on the door, not caring if anyone stared at his robes.

The door opened and the woman behind it gave a horrible scream and tried to close it but Snape pushed himself in.

“Hello, Tuney,” Snape said, his voice cold, “It’s been a very long time.”

“You, you, horrible boy,” Petunia said. “Get out of here before I call the police.”

“Like they would believe you if you told them a wizard was in your house,” Snape said, “I was raised around muggles so I know.”

“W-What are you h-h-here for?” Petunia stammered.

“Just wanted to see how your nephew lives, that’s all,” Snape said. “I’ve been hearing some rumors that you hate your nephew and I want to see if it’s true.”

“Hate him, I can’t stand him,” Petunia said, “He’s a freak just like my sister and you. He blew up Vernon’s sister.”

“And pray tell what did your sister-in-law say to cause your nephew to blow her up?”

“The truth,” Petunia said, pride in her voice, “I told her long ago that my sister’s husband didn’t work and Vernon said that he was a drunk.”

Snape couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Of all the things that James Potter was guilty of touching liquor wasn’t one of them that he did. Hell, he hadn’t even touched the wine that had been at his wedding.

“James Potter worked at the Ministry of Magic, you nasty horse,” Snape snarled, “And he never touched anything that wasn’t non-alcoholic.”

“That’s what you say, Snape,” Petunia said. “But I do know that you, my sister, her husband, and her freaky little friends shouldn’t be around normal people. That’s why we locked the boy in the cupboard under the stairs, to teach him a real lesson.”

Snape looked like he was about to explode. “YOU LOCKED UP A LITTLE BOY IN A CUPBOARD, YOU FILTHY NASTY HAG.”

He advanced on her and she backed away, “NO WONDER HE FEELS THE NEED TO PROVE HIMSELF. HE CAN’T DO IT HERE.”

“Leave me alone, Snape, leave me alone or I’ll shoot you.”

“Like you have a gun, wench,” Snape said and he raised his wand. “What else did you do to that child and I better have the truth or I’ll turn you into a horse.”

“Vernon would hit him with a b-b-belt when h-h-he did s-s-something freaky,” Petunia said, “Or w-w-when he brought home b-b-better grades then D-D-D-Dudley.”

Snape brought his wand down and with a loud pop Petunia the horse stood there.

“I lied about not turning you into a horse if you told the truth,” Snape told her, “And he’s never returning to this house, I’ll make sure of that.”

And he left Petunia to her own devices.

Harry still felt weak the next day when the man from the Ministry arrived. He looked very important but that didn’t hide the look of distaste that he had on his face when he looked at Harry. Bigot, Harry thought. Thankfully he was with Dumbledore and Harry knew that Dumbledore wouldn’t allow Harry to be bullied.

“Mr. Steward,” Dumbledore said, “I’m sure that this can wait until he’s better.”

“No it can’t, Albus,” Steward said, “My job at the Ministry states that I must register all new werewolves before the next full moon.”

“Fine but I’m not going to let you bully Harry,” Dumbledore told him and Harry could tell that this was a warning.

“Fine,” Mr. Steward said, “Now your full name that we have our record.”

“Harry James Potter,” Harry answered.

“Good now who bit you,” Steward answered.

“We don’t know which werewolf did it or how the said werewolf got in,” Dumbledore at once said. “I’m having the Professors all check it out.”

“Can I see the bite mark,” Steward said.

“I’m sorry, but it’s gone,” Dumbledore said, “Our resident Potions Master, Severus Snape, made sure that the bite fully healed so that it wouldn’t get infected.”

Steward turned on him. “I don’t care about his half-breeds health. Removing that bite removed evidence of which werewolf did it! Who are you trying to protect, Dumbledore?”

“No one, I just wanted to keep it from getting infected and I do believe that I’m the Headmaster at this school.”

“You don’t have to remind me, Albus,” Mr. Steward said. “Fine, I’ll let this go but if another student is bitten I will make sure that I get here before the proof can be hidden from me.”

He turned and faced Harry.

“Now I’ve got some paperwork for you to sign and then you will be given a handbook on what your new place in the Wizarding world is. And I’ll say that it’s much lower now.”

Harry had no choice but to sign all of his rights away.

“Now we’ll be confiscating his money at once,” Steward said, “It will go into a fund for people that have lost family members to these monsters.”

Harry went white, all his money was going away. He would have no way to pay for his supplies next year.

Meanwhile…..

“I’m glad that you did this, Severus,” said Julie Sand, “Mr. Steward was heading to Hogwarts with a paper that would take your son’s money away.”

“Damn Ministry,” Snape hissed, “Always stealing from people.”

“Well now all of Potter’s money has been transferred to your vault and so has guardianship.”

“Good,” Snape said, “I can’t wait to see Stewards face when he doesn’t have money to steal.”

Snape left the Ministry of Magic just a few moments before Umbridge appeared. He saw her and sneered. When he returned to Hogwarts he headed for Professor Lupin’s quarters where he had been held since he had bitten Harry. He unlocked the wards and then opened the door.

Professor Lupin looked ashamed when Snape entered and Snape let him wallow in his shame for a few moments. Naturally Snape couldn’t get mad at him because it hadn’t been his fault that the ingredient had been bad.

“Severus, I’m sorry about what I did,” Lupin said.

“It wasn’t your fault, Lupin, so stop acting like it was,” Snape hissed, his eyes narrowing. Stupid Gryffindors all think everything is their fault. “No, I’m here for a different matter all together.”

“And what is it, Severus?” Lupin asked.

Snape took a very deep breath, “I found out that Harry’s my son.”

Lupin stared at him and then laughed. Snape wondered what in the world was so funny.

“What’s so funny, Lupin?”

“I noticed it when Harry was on the train,” Lupin said, “Little bits of glamour coming off. Lily must have put a spell on Harry, a strong glamour, and now it’s falling apart. Enough of it came off for me to notice that you were Harry’s father.”

Snape was stunned and then he remembered the potion that Harry had made, how perfect it was. What an idiot he had been. Harry hadn’t cheated he had just not asked for help because he didn’t need it.

“Gods, and I was going to have him suspended,” Snape said, “Oh I went to the Dursleys and horse face Petunia was there. She gloated that they abused Harry.”

“Damn muggles,” Lupin growled.

“I tell you she wasn’t as bad as that when we were little, she just got worse over time,” Snape said, “Always spying on me and Lily and trying to get us in trouble. She told on us when Lily made a smoke dragon appear, telling her sister that she would go to Azkaban for being naughty. And don’t even get me started on her wedding to whale boy.”

“I see that Vernon isn’t your version of an idea father,” Lupin said.

“He isn’t my version of an ideal serial killer,” Snape said, “And now to top it all off I’ve got a werewolf for a son who is supposed to kill the most powerful dark wizard that might turn him against Dumbledore because society has decided that he’s not worthy of rights.”

“Which I’m sorry about, Severus,” Lupin said, “I had no intention of turning your son into what I am.”

Snape rolled his eyes.

“You didn’t do anything to Petunia that will land you in Azkaban, did you?”

“Oh no, I just turned her into a horse,” Snape said, allowing a rare grin to appear, “She looked so much like it in the first place.”

Lupin laughed. “Oh James would of gotten a kick of what you did to her.”

“I aim to please,” Snape said, “So what am I going to do?”

“Well you can start by finding a fresh supply of Wolfsbane and not going with the same man again,” Lupin suggested, “And now that Harry is legally yours then you can raise him anywhere that you want.”

“But he hates me,” Snape said.

“Well you can change that by being a father to him,” Lupin said, “He already has shown that one of his talents is appearing, potion brewing. If you just encourage him then everything will be alright. You never know, he might become a Potions Master as well.”

That did sound really nice.

“I’ll give it a try but I can’t promise you that Harry won’t annoy me,” Snape told him.

“I know but always remember where he’s come from and who raised him most of his life.”

Snape didn’t need to be reminded.

Meanwhile back with Harry

“Is this your idea of a joke because if it is I’m not amused,” Steward hissed.

Dumbledore had been busy working with Steward showed up along with Umbridge.

“What are you talking about?” Dumbledore asked.

“The money from the Potter vault has been transferred and I want to know if you did it.”

“I have no access to the Potter’s vault,” Dumbledore said, “Anyway, who did it.”

“The department won’t tell me, against their rules,” Steward said.

“Then I can’t help you,” Dumbledore told him.

“Oh but you will,” Umbridge vowed, “Or Hogwarts will be looking for-.”

“I did it,” said a voice, cutting Umbridge off, and Dumbledore noticed that Snape had come in.

“Severus Snape, nasty little Death Eater,” Steward said, “You defy everyone just by being here.”

“Oh sorry that you don’t have the pleasure of seeing me locked away in Azkaban,” Snape hissed.

“Do you admit that you went against the Ministry and transferred all of the Potter’s money?”

Snape sneered at her, “Oh I’ll admit that I did,” Snape said.

“You can’t do that, you have no authority,” Umbridge ranted, looking like she was about to blow up.

“But I do have that authority, you fat, old, toad,” Snape said.

“And on which authority do you base this on?” Umbridge asked, “Fudge.”

“No, my own,” Snape said, “I have the right to Harry’s money as I’m his father.”

Umbridge fainted and Steward just looked shocked. Dumbledore gave Snape a worried look as well as a desire to give him a good thrashing.

To be continued...
Chapter 4: A New Life For Harry by Black Banshee Girl
Author's Notes:
Another chapter Beta by jazzyjezzy.

   “Severus, what have you done?” Dumbledore asked when Madam Pomphrey took the shocked Ministry officials away.

   “It happened years ago,” Snape started explaining, “Lucius Malfoy thought it was funny that I still cared for Lily and so he punished me.”

   “With what?”

   “With watching her have uncontrolled lust,” Snape said, hiding his face in his hands, “He knew that I would help her and I poured all my love into her until there was nothing left but a shell. And then I enabled her to escape back to Potter. I didn’t know that I was a father until the child showed me the letter that he had gotten from Lily.”

   “And how many times have you gone against the Dark Lord?” Dumbledore asked.

   “I don’t know, three times,” Snape answered.

Dumbledore smiled at him, “Then Harry is still the one that shall defeat Voldemort (Snape flinched).”

   “The Ministry won’t like it,” Snape said.

   “Does either of us care what the Ministry thinks?” Dumbledore asked him.

   “Point taken,” Snape said.

Snape was glad to finally leave the Headmaster’s office. He had to pick up fresh ingredients as well as talk to Harry before he was released back into the public. They had a full month before he showed signs of his condition and that would him time to prepare the room where Harry would transform as well as making sure that Harry didn’t fall behind on anything. Snape felt it strange that he was planning all this when a few weeks ago he couldn’t even bear looking at him without seeing James.

 

He entered the hospital wing and noticed that Harry was eating breakfast. Madam Pomphrey was in her office

“I see that you’ve fully recovered from your life changing event,” Snape said.

“Not that I like it,” Harry said, “They took all my money away and now I won’t be able to get my books next year.”

“Don’t worry your heart about your money; it was transferred to my vault.”

Harry stared at him, shocked. “You? You were the one that saved my money?”

   “Yes, I did,” Snape told him, “I am capable of doing something like that. Personally I did it to make the toad mad.”

   “Toad,” Harry said, confused.

   “Umbridge,” Snape said, “People that don’t like her call her a toad because she looks like one and nearly dresses like one. Never come in contact with her if you wish not to be told things that aren’t true. She’s responsible for a lot of laws that you now have to follow, including the removal of werewolf funds. She hates children more then I hate dunderheads.”

   “Was she in Slytherin?” Harry asked.

   “If she was it was before my time,” Snape answered. “Now I have a few things that I need to talk to you about, one to keep Umbridge away, and the rest about your rest of your term here and the summer holidays.”

   “Okay,” Harry said.

   “Now the first one is connected with Umbridge,” Snape started, “The Wolfsbane Potion, the only potion that makes a werewolf safe, must be drunk one week before the Full Moon in order to keep your mind when you transform. I expect you in my office before breakfast to drink your dose, seven doses in all, and not to tell a soul that you’re drinking this. The last thing that we need is people to find out; except for Malfoy he’ll probably know or knows by now. Second: I expect you to work hard in all your lessons. I personally don’t care about History of Magic because it’s been seventy years since anyone got an O in that class. I will not tolerate any slacking just because you’re my son.”

   “Yes, sir,” Harry said.

   “If you’re good I’ll let you help me with brewing,” Snape said. “Now as my son I won’t put up with Malfoy bullying you. I had to put up with it from the man that we all thought is your father. Lupin says that I must praise you and I’ll praise you in small ways like a point here or there from time to time. None to get your house near the Quidditch Cup, of course.”

   “Of course,” Harry said, though Snape could tell that he wanted to know about how bad James had treated him. He was thankful when Harry didn’t ask.

   “Now onto the third point: I’ve been to the Dursleys and had a very, um, interesting conversation with her.”

Harry went pale but Snape continued, “She admitted to the abuse and I turned her into a horse as punishment.”

Harry gasped in shock. “You turned her into a horse?”

   “Didn’t I just say that,” Snape snapped and then hit himself. “Sorry about that, I’m use to snapping at you without thinking.”

Harry had a feeling that he was sorry.

   “Let’s continue,” Snape said, “While we’re alone you can call me dad, that’s what I called my father, but in class its sir or Professor. I don’t want to hear coming out of your mouth what the other students that are in your class call me.”

   “Yes, sir,” Harry said at once.

   “During the Christmas break you can stay at Hogwarts, if you wish, but if you don’t want to stay we can go out where it’s warm. Now during the summer I live on Spinner End. It’s not the nicest place in the world but its home. I’ll let you use my parent’s bedroom since their not alive.”

   “Does any of your Slytherin friends visit?”

   “Not if they don’t want to turn into barn animals, they don’t,” Snape told him, “Also about this stupid rule about not holding down a job. I own my own shop in Hogsmeade. When you’re older, meaning graduated, you can work in my shop.”

   “But won’t you get into trouble?” Harry asked, “I mean it says-.”

   “I’m your father and I make the choices,” Snape said, “Now another point I would like to come across that I’ve been talking about since the moment that you arrived. You and your two friends are always getting yourself in trouble. I won’t stand for you going out there and risking your stupid neck for things that adults can do.”

   “But it’s my job to help.”

   “It’s your job to be a teen and to do your best in school,” Snape said sternly. “If I find that you’ve done anything that will put your lives and those of your friends in grave danger I will whip you.”

Harry went white and Snape figured that Harry had been beaten.

   “I’m not going to beat you,” Snape added, “Just a few whacks on the butt and I’ll do it to Granger and Weasley as well.”

   “Can you actually do that to them?” Harry asked him.

   “Of course,” Snape said, “But that’s only if all three of you land into trouble that is of your own making. Sometimes being brave doesn’t mean going into the fray all the time. Of course you can’t tell them that I can do this.”

   “Probably because Ron will make a comment,” Harry said.

   “That’s one of the many reasons,” Snape said, “Also I know that Wood is going to start training you all against your match with Slytherin. I don’t want him putting you through your paces like some stupid show dog. Your requirement is to do well in school not show off for a woman that’s dreams of internal Quidditch glory.”

   “Okay, I see that you’re with Hermione in your dislike of the game.”

   “I’ve heard of her dislike but I’m with her on this one,” Snape said, “Being good at Quidditch isn’t going to keep you from repeating your form. Now do you have any questions pertaining to what I’ve said?”

   “Only two,” Harry said, “The Hogsmeade weekend will be coming and my, um, family didn’t sign my form.”

   “And because I’m your father I would fall into the category of being able to sign it,” Snape said and Harry nodded. “Very well but if your bad you don’t get to go.”

   “Thank you, s-dad,” Harry said.

Snape signed the form and pocked it. “I’m giving it to McGonagall so that Weasley doesn’t see my handwriting.”

   “My last one is that you’ve got my money can I have some pocket money for my trips?”

   “I will give you a weekly allowance so you can buy all the things that little boys want,” Snape told him, “Is that it?”

Harry nodded and Snape got up.

   “Well I think that Madam Pomphrey will let you go and you’re to head back to Gryffindor tower at once.”

   “Yes, dad,” Harry said and Snape left.

Harry was very relieved to finally leave the hospital wing. When he came back Ron vowed to get back at Snape for whatever he thought that Snape had done.

   “Harry, you’ve to help me,” Ron said.

   “No, I’m not,” Harry said, remembering what Snape had told him about punishments.

   “And why not?” Ron asked, “Don’t you feel the need to get back at him.”

   “What I feel the need to do, Ron, is do my Defense against the Dark Arts work.”

   “Fine, but I’m still going to do it,” Ron said.

   “Suit yourself,” Harry said and he went up to his dorm.

The next morning Harry heard yelling as his father came running up from the dungeon’s bleeding. Harry had to keep from sniffing as not to track attention. The anger that was coming off of him was enough to send Harry reeling.

 

   “Severus, calm down,” McGonagall said.

   “I cut myself on a knife that I’ve never seen before,” Snape said and then he passed out.

Harry wanted to run to his side but he held back. He didn’t want people to be alerted that he cared but he was determined to find out who had done this to him.

“Harry, are you alright?” Hermione asked during their study time.

Harry was pouring over some old notes that his father had given him before he had been attacked.

   “I’m fine,” Harry said, writing down the ingredients to a Hair Strengthening Solution that he planned on brewing.

   “No problems from your, you-know-what,” Hermione asked him.

   “None,” Harry said.

   “Well I’m glad to hear that,” Hermione said and then groaned, “Oh no!”

Harry looked at her, “What?”

“Luna Lovegood is coming over here,” Hermione said.

Harry turned but Hermione hissed at him to return to his notes.

“What’s the problem? Is Luna a Slytherin or something?” Harry asked her.

“No, she’s just off her rocker,” Hermione explained, “She’s in Ravenclaw.”

“Then what’s wrong with her?” Harry asked.

   “She just doesn’t act, um, normal,” Hermione told him.

Harry seemed a little insulted, he wasn’t normal. Heck he turned into a werewolf once a month.

“Hello,” said a dreamy voice and Harry saw Hermione rolling her eyes.

   “Hello,” Harry said, not looking at her.

It was odd not talking to someone face to face.

   “I was wondering if I could study with you,” Luna asked.

   “Sure,” Harry said and Hermione stared at him.

Luna sat down and Harry finally turned to face her. At once he thought she was the prettiest girl that he had ever seen. She smiled at him and he returned it.

   “I heard that Professor Snape got attacked,” Luna said. “Was a Crumple-.”

   “I’m leaving,” Hermione said, “Goodbye Luna.”

Luna looked around.

   “Looks like we’re alone,” she said.

   “Hay, Potter, what are you doing hanging out with Loony?” Draco Malfoy teased.

   “Hay, stop calling her loony,” Harry demanded and Draco and his Slytherin friends laughed.

   “Is there a problem?” Madam Pince asked.

Harry breathed a sigh of relief when the Head Librarian arrived.

   “No there’s-.”

   “I think there is,” Madam Pince said, “And I’m under orders to watch young Mr. Potter here. I think ten points each from Slytherin should do nicely and I want you to leave them alone.”

She pointed to the door and the four Slytherins had to leave.

“Thanks,” Harry said and he went back studying.

It was odd for Harry to like a girl and inside he didn’t even know how someone told a girl that he liked her. He decided to ask Professor Lupin since his father wasn’t able to be with him. When he arrived at Lupin’s office he saw that the Defense Professor was busy working on grading papers. Harry wasn’t sure what he thought about all this but he figured that it wouldn’t hurt to talk.

   “Harry, what can I do for you?” Lupin asked.

   “Well I was wondering if you could help me,” Harry said.

   “Sure, what is it?”

   “Well I was studying with Hermione and this girl named Luna Lovegood appeared, she’s in Ravenclaw, and I saw her and I thought she was prettiest girl that I had ever seen. I also felt this sort of connection and then Malfoy and his stupid goons had to come.”

Harry saw Lupin studying him. “Well with our kind when we find our mate, the person that we’re supposed to be with, we feel this connection. It’s very difficult to explain as I haven’t yet found my mate.”

   “So this is normal,” Harry said.

   “Of course,” Lupin told him, “Nothing to be ashamed about.”

Harry breathed a sigh of relief. “But don’t go and hurt her. Girl’s don’t like being hurt and from what I’m hearing the other Ravenclaw’s don’t like her at all.”

   “Why, she’s so nice,” Harry said.

   “She acts differently and she’s not, what’s that word, cool for her to hang out with.”

Harry growled, which told any werewolf that he was angry.

1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

To S.S: Thanks for your review. I’m really glad that my Beta is returning my chapters with speed. Oh and things will work out between Harry and Snape.

To Shadow: I hate Umbridge and the Ministry as well. Thanks for your review.

To mithrilandtj: Thanks for your review and I don’t think Dumbledore cares. The only thing he cares about is his stupid war.

 

 

 

 

To be continued...
Chapter 5: Introduction to Wolfbane by Black Banshee Girl
Author's Notes:
To everyone that reviewed, thanks. Your reviews keep the story alive.
Harry went up to the hospital wing to find out how his father was doing. When he arrived he saw Snape drinking a cup of tea. Harry at once was relieved to see that he was alright.

   “What happened?” Harry asked him.

   “It seems that someone thought it would be funny to put a knife on my desk. I cut myself.”

   “But I’ve cut myself loads of times and didn’t pass out,” Harry said.

   “The thing had poison on it,” Madam Pomphrey said, “And he was being an idiot in not accepting my help.”

   “I was doing fine, Poppy,” Snape told her and she huffed.

   “Likely story,” Madam Pomphrey said and then turned to Harry, “You need to put some sense in him.”

Harry grinned, “Like he’s going to accept my help.”

   “Darn right,” Snape said, “I do fine by myself.”

   “Well I hope that you’re going to find out who did this to you,” Madam Pomphrey suggested, crossing her arms and looking at the man. “Can you at least do that?”

   “Oh don’t worry, I’ll take care of it,” Snape vowed.

   “Good,” Madam Pomphrey said and went back to work.

 

Snape was released from the hospital wing a few days later just in-time for the next Potions lesson. Malfoy was once again pretending that his arm was hurting him and Snape was on the verge of showing him real hurt. Harry was up front, working on a Quick Wit Solution and from what Snape was seeing his son was doing it right. A few rows down Longbottom was having his usual problems. He groaned and walked over to where Longbottom’s cauldron was.

 “Mr. Longbottom; is there anything that you can do?” he asked the plump boy.Poor Longbottom shivered under his eyes.

“Ten points from Gryffindor and an essay on how to do this potion right.”

 He then returned to the front.

 By the end of the lesson he had taken eleven points from Slytherin because he caught Malfoy trying to ruin his son potion. He hid it under the fact that he was making Slytherin house look bad by proving that he had lied. Malfoy started his moaning line and that earned a stay behind.

 “Mr. Malfoy do you think that I was born a minute ago,” he asked the blond boy.

“I wasn’t doing anything wrong?” Malfoy lied.

“You were caught by all of the Gryffindors and me as well. They could have gone to Professor McGonagall, telling her that you were faking your injury. If you’re going to continue being a Slytherin you have to make it look as though you’re not doing anything wrong. And from what I’m seeing your doing that as well as Longbottom is brewing his potions. Therefore I’m taking another five points from Slytherin for lying to your Head of House and you get detention and a personal punishment.”

Malfoy looked scared and Snape was glad. No one tried to harm his son.

   “Leave Mr. Malfoy or I’ll take more points off,” Snape threatened and the blond boy got out of there.

 

“I can’t believe that Snape came back,” Ron snarled, “I thought that I had gotten him good.”

Harry was busy working on his History of Magic but stopped and looked at him. “What did you just say?”

   “I said that I thought that I got back at Snape but he’s still around,” Ron told him.

Harry saw red and grabbed Ron by the neck, “Why did you do that, you little snot?” Harry growled.

   “Harry, you’re hurting him,” Hermione said, fear in her voice.

   “He was the one that attacked the Professor,” Harry told her, “He was the one that put poison on that blade that almost cost him his life.”

Hermione gasped and then she asked, “You really didn’t do that, did you?”

   “Of course I did, now get off of me,” Ron snarled.

   “Oh Ron, you almost killed Professor Snape,” Hermione said.

   “Like I care about what happens to him,” Ron told her, “He’s a git and he hurt Harry.”

   “He didn’t hurt me,” Harry told him, releasing him.

   “Like I believe that,” Ron said, “I can’t believe that you’re defending Snape. I thought we hated him.”

   “I may not like him but you can’t poison people,” Harry said, hoping that Ron believed the lie. “Now get away from me before I send you to the hospital wing.”

Ron got up, muttered something, and then left.

   “Are you alright, Harry?” Hermione asked.

   “I’m fine,” Harry said, going back to his work.

   “Want to talk about it?” she asked him and Harry shook his head. “Are you sure?”

Harry slammed his quill on the table, making several people stare at them, “I’m fine, Hermione, now leave me alone.”

And he got up and left her alone.

 That night he was still in a foul mood with not only Ron but Hermione. It didn’t stop the next morning in Herbology. They were working on a Albania Tuff Tuff Bomb Bomb plant, a plant that waved its seed around and if you weren’t careful, and got it agitated by doing the pruning incorrectly, you got a face-full of whatever it had. Ron got the first shot and ended up going to the hospital wing because he smelled so bad that not even Sprout wanted to be around him.

   “Stupid git,” Harry muttered, though his muttering landed him in the wing as well, though he sat on the further side of the room.

   “I hope the both of you will start talking,” Madam Pomphrey said, through a mask.

   “No,” Harry snarled.

   “Not on your life,” Ron said.

Madam Pomphrey shook her head and slammed ‘Stink Patents: Wear masks, please’ sign on the door to the wing.

 Several hours later Professor Snape came to collect Harry. Ron at once wanted to know why Harry was being allowed to leave.

   “He cheated on his essay,” Snape told him, “Now get your stinky butt back on your bed.”

He motioned Harry to follow him and when they were out of earshot Snape told him the truth.

   “I have a remedy for that smell,” Snape told him.

   “Thanks, I don’t think I could stand being in the same room as attempted murderer.”

He then told his father that Ron had done the deed.

   “I’ll have a word with the Headmaster,” Snape promised.

   “Good,” Harry said.

 The remedy turned out to be real bad. He was dunked in a vat of vinegar and had to let Snape scrub the smell off him. Harry didn’t know what was worse the smell of the plant or the vinegar? Another part that was worse was the fact that Snape burned his uniform.

   “I’ll have a pair ordered for you,” Snape told him. “But if you put the uniform back on the smell will return.”

Harry at once could care less for the uniform now.

   “Now I’ve got something that I need to talk to you about,” Snape told Harry.

  “Sure, what?”

   “Have you ever heard of the Wolfsbane Potion?” Snape asked him and Harry shook his head. “The potion was invented to enable a werewolf to keep his mind when he transformed. The lost of the human mind is what makes werewolves dangerous. Therefore you must drink the potion everyday for a week up to the full moon.”

   “And this will make me safe,” Harry said.

   “Yes,” Snape answered.

   “Then I’ll drink it,” Harry said, “I don’t want to attack anyone.”

   “Glad to hear that,” Snape said, “But I must warn you that the potion tastes real bad and sugar makes it useless.”

   “When will you start brewing it?”

   “In two days,” Snape answered, “Now why don’t you sleep in your room and then return to class tomorrow.”

 Snape had been polite when he told Harry that the potion tasted bad. On the day that he had to drink it Harry felt as though he was about to vomit. But he drank it without complaint though it was on his face. When he was finished Snape filled another goblet and excuse himself.

   “So this potion will make you safe,” Hermione said.

   “Yes,” Harry said.

He had just finished explaining about what the potion did and he had included that it tasted bad.

   “Well usually the worst taste bad,” Hermione told him.

   “Thanks for pointing that out,” Harry said.

    “So when will you be back with us?” Hermione asked him.

   “A few days after the full moon,” Harry said, “Hermione, I’ve got a bad feeling that it’s going to hurt.”

Hermione put a hand on his arm. “Don’t worry, it won’t last long.”

Harry knew that Hermione was trying to make him feel better but it wasn’t helping.

 The next day he took the potion again and then that night he went to practice for the match against Slytherin. Wood was working them hard but Harry could feel the Full Moon coming and he wasn’t as focus as he usually was.

   “Are you alright, Potter,” Wood asked.

   “I’m fine,” Harry lied.

 When he got back from his match everyone was excited about the coming Hogsmeade visit. Ron at once told Harry that he should talk to Professor McGonagall about allowing him to go even though Uncle Vernon hadn’t signed the form.

   “I don’t think so,” Harry said, “The Dementors are out here and I don’t want to face them.”

   “But, Harry-.”

   “Don’t but Harry me,” Harry said, “I don’t want to go to Hogsmeade but I’m hoping that you bring me plenty of sweets.”

   “Don’t worry, we will,” Hermione said.

Harry smiled at her and then Crookshanks jumped on Hermione’s lap, a spider in its mouth.

   “Does it have to eat that here?” Ron asked.

   “Oh clever Crookshanks, did you catch that all by yourself,” Hermione said.

   “Well keep that thing away from Scabbers, he’s in my bag sleeping,” Ron said.

At once the cat leaped up and attacked the bag. Ron yelled, swinging it around. However the cat held on and only let go when the bag ripped.

 Scabbers bolted, Crookshanks behind him, and then hid under a drawer. Crookshanks tried to grab for it but Scabbers was out of reach. Hermione took hold of Crookshanks and drew him away.

   “What’s wrong with your stupid cat?” Ron demanded and then went to get Scabbers.

   “It’s not his fault,” Hermione said.

   “There’s something wrong with that animal,” Ron said, “It attacked my bag as soon as I mentioned that Scabbers was in it.”

   “Oh what rubbish, he could smell Scabbers.”

But Ron wasn’t convinced and Harry was certain that something wasn’t right with the rat. He decided to take it and have the rat checked out by his father. If anyone could find out exactly what was wrong with the rat and why Crookshanks was attacking it all the time his father could.

 

 

 

To be continued...
End Notes:
Well Harry and Severus are about to soon find out exactly what's wrong with the rat.
Chapter 6: The Truth About Scabbers by Black Banshee Girl

 Harry didn’t have a chance to get the rat especially with the fact that Ron was keeping an eye on it. During lunch he snuck down to his father’s office to take his Wolfsbane Potion. When he was finished drinking it he told his father about how the cat was acting.

   “That’s strange,” Snape said, looking troubled, “What kind of cat does Miss Granger have?”

   “I don’t know, some orange puff ball that Ron hates,” Harry answered.

   “Well since I’m not allowed in Gryffindor Tower I want you to try and get the rat for me. I can do spells to find out exactly what’s causing the cat to go after it. Hopefully we’ll find out the answer before you transform.”

   “Dad, how am I supposed to keep from harming people?” Harry asked.

   “By going to your room,” Snape answered. “It has been charmed to ward during the Full Moon. Lupin will be transforming in his office.”

   “Will he be able to teach?” Harry asked.

   “I’m afraid that I’ll have to take over his post until he recovers,” Snape told Harry, “That means that we have to pretend that we hate each other.”

Harry groaned, he hated pretending to hate his father but he wasn’t finished. “And you have to pretend that you don’t know that Lupin is a werewolf.”

   “That part I can do,” Harry said.

   “Good because we don’t need anymore people to know that you’re cursed,” Snape said firmly and Harry nodded.

He didn’t want anyone else to know either.

 

Halloween came around and Harry had to wait until Ron and the rest of the students had already left for Hogsmeade. He wanted to go but this was his only chance to get the rat for his father. He entered his dorm and found the rat sleeping. Before it knew anything Harry grabbed it and hurried down to his father’s office.

 

When he arrived with the rat Professor Dumbledore was also there. He took the rat, which was now franticly trying to get away and raised his wand. With a single spell the rat transformed into a man.

  “Well looks like we now know why the cat was acting odd,” Dumbledore said, “Welcome back, Peter Pettigrew.”

 

Harry had to hold back his desire to kill the man as Peter said, under a truth potion, how he had betrayed the Potters. Harry noticed that his father wasn’t present, which was odd. When an Auror named Kingsley Shacklebolt came to pick him up Dumbledore turned to Harry.

   “I believe this means that Sirius Black will be freed,” Dumbledore said, “I’ll have it posted that he doesn’t have to hide anymore.”

   “I’m glad that he’ll be freed,” Harry said.

   “Yes, me too,” Dumbledore said, “Why don’t you go to Hogsmeade?”

   “Sure,” Harry said and then left.

 

   “So Sirius is going to take Harry away from me,” Snape said.

   “Well he is Harry’s godfather,” Dumbledore said.

   “But I’m Harry’s father,” Snape reminded him, his eyes narrowing at the older wizard.

   “Yes but I’m afraid that none of you will be able to take Harry with you,” Dumbledore told him.

Snape stared at him, “What do you mean, Headmaster that I can’t take Harry home with me when term ends?”

“He needs to stay with his Aunt and Uncle due to the blood wards,” Dumbledore said, “I’m sorry.”

“Sorry, Dumbledore, you’re never sorry,” Snape spat. “You know that he’s treated like dirt and yet you think that his family is the best place for him. I don’t care that you think that this is important my son is far more important.”

 “And what would Lily say about that?”

   “She would agree with me,” Snape said, “Lily wanted us to be a family and I’m not having you ruin it.”

   “I know how you feel but it’s the best place-.”

   “Shut up,” Snape snarled, cutting him off, “You don’t know what’s best for him. He needs to be around family, me.”

   “I’m sorry, Severus, but Harry will return to the Dursleys,” Dumbledore said and he left the Potions Master alone.

 

Harry arrived at Hogsmeade and went into Zonkos joke shop. Thankfully no one that he knew was there and so he took the money out that his father had given him and bought some joke items.

   “Is that all?” the owner asked.

   “Yes,” Harry said, handing him the money.

He put it into a bag and left.

Harry stepped into a bookshop and fingered through the different titles. He found a potions book that looked interesting and pulled it out. As he did he saw Ron and Hermione and they were talking about him.

   “I don’t know why he’s acting so strangely,” he said.

   “Ron, don’t bother with it,” Hermione said, “Harry’s had to put up with so much and if he wants to have a secret then let him.”

   “But he’s my best mate; we’re not supposed to have any secrets.”

Harry felt like snorting. Ron wasn’t his best mate; best mates didn’t try and murder their mate’s father.

   “I’m telling you I don’t like the fact that he’s doing better then me in Potions,” Ron went on, “He acts like potions are so damn important.”

   “Well maybe he found something that he wants to do and Potions are needed,” Hermione reasoned.

   “Still he should keep his nose out of the book and spend time with me,” Ron told her. “He’s always making sure that his essays are better then mine and then he won’t let me copy his work.”

   “Ron, stop it,” Hermione said, “Your supposed to be his friend not judge him.”

   “I’m not judging him, I’m pointing out something.”

Harry heard Hermione getting mad. Finally she said, “I’m leaving.”

   “Why?”

   “Because I’m tired of hearing this conversation,” Hermione told him and left, thankfully not around where Harry was.

When Ron was gone as well Harry went up and paid for his book. He then left the shop and went over to the Three Broomsticks. When he walked in he saw that it was crowded with Hogwarts students and so he dropped his glamour and ordered his lunch. Thankfully the new look hid his scar and no one knew that Harry was even there.

When his food arrived he ate it, thinking about what Ron had said about him. He hated it when Ron thought that he knew more then Harry did. True for the past two years he had acted as though learning Potions and Charms weren’t important but now that he had a father, a father that demanded higher things, he was working to change some of his established habits. He looked over and saw Ron drinking something and Hermione reading a book. He shook his head and went back to his food.

 

Meanwhile with Snape and Lupin…

 

“He told me that Harry has to still return to the Dursleys,” Snape told Lupin. “I tried to tell him that they would treat him like dirt, especially after what happened this past summer, but he won’t listen.”

“Why is he doing this?” Lupin asked, “Sirius will be coming back and we all know that he’s not prepared for the fact that your Harry’s father.”

“Don’t remind me,” Snape said coldly. “I’m pointing out what are we going to do about the whole Dursley thing?”

“Is there anything that we can do?” Lupin asked.

“I’m going to talk to someone in the Department for the Control and Regulation of Magical Creatures and see what I can do. The Dursleys won’t be able to take care of him when he’s in his form and I’m afraid that they’ll force him to do work while he’s weak.”

   “Do you think that we can get them charged for the abuse that they did?” Lupin asked.

   “Gods, I hope so,” Snape said.

 

Later…

 

Harry showed back up long before the rest of the students had. Snape asked him how he had enjoyed Hogsmeade.

   “It was great unless you count the fact that Ron’s talking about me when he thinks that I’m not around,” Harry told him.

   “What did he say?”

   “Oh the usual jealous stuff,” Harry said, “Like I’m supposed to decide not to do well. You expect me to do well and he’s making me mad with his one line of thinking.”

   “Well I’ve always seen that Weasley had no brains, in fact all he cares about his food.”

   “Don’t remind me, dad,” Harry said, “He could eat enough to keep him going a month and still it wouldn’t be enough.”

   “So are you going to the Halloween Feast?” Snape asked.

   “Yeah,” Harry said, “Don’t want anyone to think that I didn’t care about the Halloween Feast.”

   “Then I’ll see you there and don’t forget to replace your glamour,” Snape said and Harry headed back to Gryffindor tower.

 

   “So there you are,” Ron said, showering Harry with sweets. “Honeydukes had a new type of fudge. There’s some samples right there.”

   “Thanks,” Harry said, pretending to be exited and grateful.

   “So are you going to the Feast?” Ron asked, “Because I’m starving.”

   “Ron, stop thinking about your dumb stomach,” Hermione said.

   “Don’t worry, I’m going,” Harry said.

   “Good,” Ron said and forced Harry to his feet. “Are you alright, mate, you look a little peaky.”

   “I’m fine, Ron, stop worrying about me,” Harry snapped and left the common room.

 

The Halloween Feast was good but his mind kept wondering around the room. His skin was also starting to itch and he wondered if this was one of the signs that the Full Moon was tomorrow night. He decided that he would ask his dad about it when he recovered. The Hogwarts Ghosts did a wonderful display and Nearly Headless Nick had great success reenacting his own botched beheading. Finally it was time to leave and Harry joined the other students leaving the Great Hall.

 

Hey, Potter, the Dementors send their love,” Malfoy said.

 

Harry growled at him.

 

However going back to Gryffindor Tower proved to be much different then leaving. The way was blocked and soon Harry discovered why. Sirius Black had attacked the Fat Lady.

 

 

 

To be continued...
End Notes:
I would like to thank everyone that reviewed. You've all been great.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2096