A Serpent in Lion's Clothing: Resorted by Lady Lanera
Summary: After the events of the famous dueling club scene, Harry has been resorted into Slytherin. Will he finally find the home he's been looking for? And will Snape find something he's been missing all his life? (Snape/Sinistra)
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Misc > All written in Snape's POV Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Self-harm, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: A Serpent in Lion's Clothing
Chapters: 27 Completed: Yes Word count: 37112 Read: 170458 Published: 16 Mar 2010 Updated: 19 May 2010
Not Muggles by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
If you want to read how Sinistra gave the Dursleys what they deserved, I have it up over at ff.net now called "Giving them what they deserve." Enjoy. :)

"Ah, Severus, good, good, I see you received my message?" Dumbledore says the next day.

I glance at Dumbledore and have the sudden urge to roll my eyes. I don't, though. I have a bit more self-restraint than that. I only nod before taking a seat. I wait for him to begin this meeting, which I know nothing of as to why I am here this morning. However, he seems to be waiting also. I am just about to ask him what he is waiting for when I hear the familiar clicking of boots behind me. One of these days, I am going to learn that no matter what the question is the answer is always Aurora Sinistra.

"Wonderful, Albus, now that the gang is all here, perhaps we can begin now," I drawl before sighing heavily. I do not even look at her, which I later regret.

"If you're going to lecture me, Headmaster, there is no need to bring Severus into it," Aurora softly says next me. "As you should know, I am not going to leave.

I cannot help but glance at her for that comment. That is when I see the deep black bruise to her face. She has a large cut to her cheek also that looks like it came from a ring. She has a split lip that has puffed up considerably. Her eye is nearly swollen shut. I wince in sympathy.

"My dear, are you well?" Albus asks softly. I can hear the hidden meaning behind his words.

"Better than the Dursleys, I'd imagine," she responds calmly.

"Need I ask, my dear?"

"Oh, don't worry, Headmaster. It was purely psychological in nature. I didn't harm them a bit."

"And this lovely mark you're wearing?"

"Courtesy of Vernon Dursley," she replies. "I allowed him one hit, and he took it."

"I see," Dumbledore says somberly. "You will see Madam Pomfrey afterwards?"

"Only if you require it, Headmaster," she says. "Now, as Severus said, let's get this over with."

"You used your magic on defenseless Muggles in order to punish them."

"I used my magic on monsters, Headmaster. They are by no means mere Muggles. When have we ever considered it normal to beat and starve a child? I see your point, though. I should not have used my magic as means to inflict pain upon them. I apologize. On the positive side, I did not use any dark spells or even an Unforgivable, which I am sure that the Wizengamot would surely see my side if they were brought in on this matter."

"Be as it may, my dear, you inflicted harm upon—"

"Monsters, Headmaster, I freely admit I inflicted harm upon monsters, not Muggles. Muggles do not typically treat children in their care as if they were house elves. Muggles do no beat their children. Muggles do not even harm innocent children for the fun of it. Monsters, a subcategory of Muggles and Magical folk, do that, not Muggles themselves. The minute they cross that line is when they become monsters. So please call them by their proper name, Headmaster."

"As you wish," he replies somberly before glancing at me. "It has come to my attention that young Mr. Potter must be taken out of the Dursleys care. I believe you wished to speak with me on this matter, Severus?" I nod. "Then I shall see that he is immediately removed from their care and into yours." His blue eyes then glance back at Aurora, which my eyes follow suit. "My dear, please go to the Hospital Wing. There is no need to punish yourself as you are doing. I understand your anger and your need to exact revenge on them. However, I do not understand why you would ever use your magic on them. You know more than anyone the pain that causes."

"And I know more than anyone, Headmaster, the pain left behind when a Muggle crosses that line," she replies evenly. She then stands up and glares at him. "After all, I believe we both know the two broken boys that were left in your care." He sharply inhales before glancing away.

I am following the conversation rather well up until this point. Her words echo in my mind as I realize that she is talking about Harry and me. I wish nothing more than to defend Albus, but my mouth won't open because no words I say are ever going to prove her wrong. Harry and I are both the result of when Muggles crossed that line with us. I draw in a breath to attempt to speak again.

"It is not always Muggles who cross the line, Sinistra," I say softly. She glances at me. "I have been known to cross that line once or twice."

"Yes, and you suffer in silence because of it," she replies before turning away. "If you wish to bring me up on charges, go ahead. Azkaban pales in comparison to what they feel." She then storms out.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2107