A Serpent in Lion's Clothing: Resorted by Lady Lanera
Summary: After the events of the famous dueling club scene, Harry has been resorted into Slytherin. Will he finally find the home he's been looking for? And will Snape find something he's been missing all his life? (Snape/Sinistra)
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Misc > All written in Snape's POV Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Self-harm, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: A Serpent in Lion's Clothing
Chapters: 27 Completed: Yes Word count: 37112 Read: 170435 Published: 16 Mar 2010 Updated: 19 May 2010
Return to Normalcy by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
The Harry and Snape chapter some of you have been waiting for. Enjoy. :)

The next morning when I awaken, I find myself still in the Forbidden Forest in our secret place. However, I am alone, which I am rather glad. I quickly brush off my robes before leaving to head back to the castle. As I walk up the steep hill near Hagrid's hut, I cast Tempus to check if I am right about it being nine o'clock. Unfortunately, my spell confirms it. I grimace slightly as I remember my promise to Harry from yesterday. I can only imagine how upset he will be.

I take the shortcut towards my rooms without entering through the front doors. The quicker I can return to Harry is the better. Nearly a minute later, I feel the cool damp air of the dungeons and can see the entrance to my rooms. I briskly walk towards the portrait of Salazar Slytherin who guards my rooms. The Founder glances at me before folding his arms with an amused look on his face.

"Out late last night, were we?" he drawls with a soft grin.

"Just open the damn door," I growl back.

"As you wish," he replies before allowing me access.

I ignore him the best I can. After all, I know that I have a young boy in my quarters probably assuming the worst about me. I take a deep breath to steel myself for the onslaught of his words and intensity of his emotions of betrayal. However, I stop instantly when I see Harry sitting at the island in my little kitchen. He doesn't look at all phased by my absence last night.

"I see you have made yourself comfortable," I quietly say, expecting him to yell, scream, something to show his frustration. However, he only nods while staring at me. "I apologize for my tardiness this morning."

"It's all right," he replies softly.

"It is not. I told you that I would have breakfast with you this morning, and I broke my word."

"Yeah, but you were with Professor Sinistra all night so it is fine. She needs you more than I do."

"She has others to care for her."

"I know, but I have others too," he responds before glancing at his Charms textbook. "Plus, everyone knows that she was hurt pretty badly the other night so it isn't fair to be mad at you for being with her. You were only trying to help." He then glances at me. "Can I ask a personal question?"

"You may," I reply.

"Is there something going on between you and Professor Sinistra? What I mean is, are you two like dating each other?" he asks hesitantly.

His question takes me back immediately. I foolishly stare at him for what seems like a lifetime before finally regaining my motor skills. I silently shake my head and sigh.

"We are not."

"Oh," he says with a twinge of disappointment seeping into his words.

"That disappoints you, why?"

"I don't know," he responds with a shrug. His green eyes then dart towards a spot on the countertop, which he acts as if it is the most interesting thing he's ever seen.

"Answer me. Why does it disappoint you that I am not with Aurora?"

"Just sounds like she could use someone," Harry quietly replies before sighing.

"I see. Well, do not concern yourself over Aurora. She is an adult, and with time she will heal."

"Then is it true? Did someone really attack her?"

"It is not my place to say, and it is not your place to gossip. In fact, if that is your only reason for being here, then go to the Great Hall because I will not waste my time on such matters."

"I was just asking."

"Yes and your 'just asking' could have dangerous effects on others, Harry." I then sigh as I remember that he doesn't know what truly happened. However, my words have already done their part and made Harry feel rather ashamed. "Have you then eaten your breakfast?"

"No. I was waiting for you."

"Then there is no need to delay us any longer." The food appears before I take my usual spot. We eat in our comfortable silence. One day I will attempt to make conversation, but not today.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2107