A Serpent in Lion's Clothing: Resorted by Lady Lanera
Summary: After the events of the famous dueling club scene, Harry has been resorted into Slytherin. Will he finally find the home he's been looking for? And will Snape find something he's been missing all his life? (Snape/Sinistra)
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Misc > All written in Snape's POV Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Self-harm, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: A Serpent in Lion's Clothing
Chapters: 27 Completed: Yes Word count: 37112 Read: 170451 Published: 16 Mar 2010 Updated: 19 May 2010
Start to a Beautiful Thing by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Enjoy. :)

I walk towards Dumbledore's office rather briskly while glancing at the Daily Prophet in my hands. It is always full of drivel, but even more so this morning. The ridiculous excuses of reporters are stating how Minister Fudge's new decrees are going to revolutionize the Ministry. I fail to see how that can ever happen as long as that pathetic man is in power.

I round the corner just as someone else in shimmering silver robes does on the other side. We instantly collide, and I manage to catch both the witch and myself before we fall to the ground. The witch's ice blue eyes immediately narrow into slits as she glares at me.

"Unhand me this instant," the witch snarls.

My hand recoils within seconds, and I take a step back from her. In the back of my mind, I hear the sound of Albus's marble statue of a phoenix moving. However, the witch in front of me has all my attention. I cannot recall how, but I know that I know this witch. My eyes then take in her long wavy blonde hair. She is definitely familiar, but how I know not.

"I will be sure to inform Albus of this," the witch says rather offended. She then leans towards me. "In fact, inform me of your name so that he may learn of your horrendous behavior towards guests."

"Severus," I respond with a slight hiss. This witch is starting to get on my very last nerves. However, just as I am about to head up the staircase to Albus's office, I catch the slight gasp.

"As in Severus Snape?" she quietly asks. I only roll my eyes before walking up the steps. I hear her join me and nearly whirl around to give her a piece of my mind when the door opens.

"Ah, good, good, thank you for escorting our guest, Severus," Albus Dumbledore says. "I take it the trip went well, Syra," he speaks to the witch who brushes roughly past me.

"As well as to be expected, Albus. Now, where is she? I'd rather get this sordid affair over with so my daughter can heal properly."

"Of course, Syra, I fully understand." Albus then glances at me before sighing heavily. "Severus, please escort our guest to the Astronomy Tower." It instantly clicks in my brain then.

"I was under the impression that Aurora did not wish to return to Windsor, Albus. Am I mistaken?" My eyes dart to Syra seconds later. The witch seems to be regarding me with distrust, but she is being rather respectful as I ask my question.

"You are not, Severus. However, Madam Pomfrey has informed me that in order to prevent a further incident that someone must watch Aurora. Seeing how you are the only available professor who could possibly watch her and taking into consideration of your feelings of dislike towards Aurora—"

"She may remain with me, Albus," I quickly interject.

"I am sorry, my boy, but we both know how that would end."

I clearly understand the hidden meaning behind Albus's words, and it angers me. While he may be wheedling me to confront my feelings concerning Aurora, I know that I cannot allow her to leave with her mother. Syra does not understand Aurora. She never has and frankly is never going to either.

"It does not matter, Albus. She may remain with me."

"And what of your young guest?" he asks with a hint of a twinkle in his blue eyes.

"I doubt it would even affect him."

"On the contrary, I'd imagine it would affect him a great deal." Syra then speaks next.

"This is not up for debate, Albus. I am here for my daughter, and I am not leaving without her. Now argue if you must, but I am taking her back with me, and there isn't a damn thing you can do."

"You will soon learn that is not as easy as you believe it is," I grumble glaring at her.

"She is my daughter, and unless you have some claim to her that I do not know about, you have no grounds to tell me what I can and cannot do. After all, I know your type."

"Oh, is that right? And just what is my type?" I growl. A few seconds later, Syra's ice blue eyes dart to my left forearm before she crosses her arms.

"I think you know precisely what I mean, Severus," Syra quietly says before glancing at Albus. "Fetch my daughter, Albus, or you will have an incident on your hands."

I scoff. Syra is so absurd that she's frankly laughable. Aurora obviously takes after her father.

"I am afraid I agree with Severus. Perhaps it would be best if Aurora remained with us."

"I see," Syra responds quietly. I can see her seething in silence. "Do not think this is over, Albus." She then briskly walks out before slamming the door behind her.

I glance towards Albus and catch his soft smile. It slightly irritates me, but considering the fact that I've just won it is rather a delightful sight to see. He then sighs before clasping his hands atop of his desk. I quickly settle myself in for the lecture he is about to give.

"I do hope you realize what you've done, my boy."

"I have only ensured that Aurora is not treated as if a doll, Albus."

"Oh, yes, I quite agree with you that it is the best solution, Severus. However, making enemies with Syra is not a wise decision."

"No, but it is a calculated one, Albus."

"One that you hope works?" he asked before sighing. "It does not matter, my boy. I trust you implicitly, and I know that you will do all in your power to help her heal. However, I do hope you do not lose sight of the young man I've entrusted in you to care for, Severus."

"There is no need for your concern, Albus. Harry's rooms will soon be completed."

"Ah, yes, have you given anymore to my suggestion?"

"I have."

"And…what is your decision?"

"Perhaps it would be in Harry's best interest if he was roomed with another." I then sigh. "I have yet to speak to Draco about our solution. However, I am sure there will be no issues among them."

"Indeed, I must admit that I am rather surprised how quickly Harry and Draco have become such great acquaintances." He then sighs heavily before pulling out a stack of papers from his desk. He looks over his spectacles at me. "I have taken the liberty to draw these papers up for the both of you."

I silently grab them from him before perusing over them. My eyes widen at the words 'Adoption.' I glance back at him, but Albus only smirks.

"I had thought that it would be a rather nice option to have considering where you two stand now." He then sighs. "It's not as if it hasn't crossed your mind, Severus." He glances towards his grandfather clock before shaking his head. "Perhaps you should return to your rooms, Severus. I am correct that it is time for Harry to be returning. Am I not?" I nod slowly. "Well, it doesn't hurt anything for you to talk about it."

"We've only been living together these past few weeks, Albus," I counter.

"Ah, yes, there is that, but it is not as if you do not already think of young Harry as your son. After all, why else would you be delaying the house elves in constructing Harry's rooms?"

"I've been researching protection spells for the elves to cast in his room," I respond.

"My boy, you need not explain yourself to me. I understand fully."

"Then I take it you also wish for me to adopt Aurora?" I reply mockingly.

"Oh, good heavens no, Severus," Albus responds with a chuckle. "Those papers would be for marriage." My heart stops as I stare at him. "It is not as if you do not care for her in that manner. I believe we have just seen how deeply you care for, Aurora."

"I am not marrying her."

"Whatever you say, my boy," Albus says with a grin. "I must say that Aurora, Harry, and you would make the perfect family. The potential is certainly there. Now if we just pushed you in the right direction, it would go beautifully."

"Ah, so that's your new plan, old man?" I drawl.

"One of many, I am afraid, my boy. I must admit that ambition will be my downfall in the end."

"And here I thought it'd be a lemon drop," I deadpanned.

"Only if you listened to Madam Pomfrey would you believe that farce." He then levels a glance at me. "Severus, you wish for the same thing Harry does. Signing those papers would give you both a chance to have the family you so desire. Do not concern yourself over your fears. I know you, and I trust you. In fact, I know that you will make an excellent father to Harry…and an excellent husband for Aurora." I only glare back at him. "However, what do I know? I am only a lemon drop addict, according to Minerva and Poppy." He then glances at the clock again. "We shall speak about this again." I take that as my leave and head back to my quarters with the papers firmly in hand.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2107