A Serpent in Lion's Clothing: Resorted by Lady Lanera
Summary: After the events of the famous dueling club scene, Harry has been resorted into Slytherin. Will he finally find the home he's been looking for? And will Snape find something he's been missing all his life? (Snape/Sinistra)
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Misc > All written in Snape's POV Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Self-harm, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: A Serpent in Lion's Clothing
Chapters: 27 Completed: Yes Word count: 37112 Read: 170449 Published: 16 Mar 2010 Updated: 19 May 2010
Idiot Boys by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Enjoy.

Another Potions class over, and as luck has had it, no one is injured. Longbottom, the bumbling fool, actually has managed not to destroy a single cauldron today. I must admit that I am rather happy at this accomplishment. However, my eyes quickly find the bruises and cuts to Harry and Draco's faces again, though. My good mood vanishes instantly.

I have pondered who in my House has harmed them both during class. However, I end up revising my question five minutes into class into who in my House would not harm them. That list is much shorter. I then sigh heavily. All throughout class, Crabbe and Goyle have glared at Draco. It seems that the two dunderheads are going to follow their fathers' examples.

"Since we have gone throughout an entire class with Longbottom attempting to kill us, you are all dismissed," I drawl. My eyes catch Longbottom's as he slumps in his chair. Dumbledore has already informed the poor Gryffindor that I must continue to use him in this way, so I am rather glad that he continues his role. He would make his parents proud if they knew.

I watch in silence as the class slowly filters out. Granger, Weasley, Longbottom, Draco, and Harry remain behind as the swarms of Slytherins roughly shove past them. I catch the glares, but say nothing. My Snakes will hear plenty tonight, and if I make a few enemies of myself, then so be it. No one, and I mean no one, hurts Lily's son or my godson.

"Ms. Granger, Mr. Weasley, remain behind," I loudly announce. Harry and Draco quickly whirl around. I lock my eyes with Harry's as he glares at me. "Mr. Potter, unlike Gryffindor, Slytherins are not known for being late to their classes. Do not disappoint me or you will learn how I discipline my Snakes." I hear the quiet muttering under the boy's breath before he stalks away with Longbottom at his heels. The door shuts behind them and quickly allows the wards in place.

"We don't know, sir," Granger instantly says before I even have a chance to ask. "We've been asking him all morning, but he won't tell us."

"I see," I quietly reply before glancing towards Weasley.

"Like I'd tell you," Weasley snarls.

"Ronald Weasley," Granger exclaims outraged. She then slaps him hard shoulder. "That is no way to talk to Professor Snape. He's just trying to help."

"Yeah, then why'd he take Harry from his true House?"

"Well, obviously it's to protect him," Granger replies matter-of-factly.

I cannot help myself as I flash back to my memories of Lily and me during our school years. She too acted like Granger by always trying to protect me from myself. Yes, I have absolutely no qualms with Harry's friendship with these two Gryffindors.

"I mean, right, sir?" Granger asks a few seconds later.

"Yes," I respond. I then sigh again. Perhaps it is best if I try to make up for my being a git to them for so long. After all, I need them. "I apologize for how I have treated you both since you've arrived here, but I am afraid it is how it is supposed to be. You must understand, though, that no one must know that I protect him." They know anyways, at least Granger does, and whom is she going to tell that will ever believe her? I see no harm in them knowing.

"So we're just supposed to take your word for it, Snape?"

"Ronald Weasley," Granger exclaims again. "Hold your tongue or I will tell your mother."

Weasley instantly reddens from embarrassment. I must remember that for future references. However, I quickly turn my attention back to matters at hand. After all, I protect Harry. I cannot be caught off-guard anymore.

"What is his current attitude about being resorted?"

"Well, he hates it, sir. I mean—" I hold my hand up to prevent Granger from rambling.

"Yes, but do you believe that he could learn to embrace it at some point?"

"No offense, Snape, but all of you over there hate him."

"Not all of us, Mr. Weasley," I respond. "I believe you have seen evidence with Mr. Malfoy's marks." I then glance towards the silent Slytherin. I admit that I have never seen him so quiet before, but I know why it is. He does not wish to speak in front of two Gryffindors that he disliked for so long. "I take it you two will keep me informed if you notice any change or any more marks on Mr. Potter?" Granger instantly nods before slapping Weasley again. Seconds later, he reluctantly jerks his head. "Very well, you are dismissed. You may inform Professor McGonagall that Mr. Malfoy is with me." Weasley's eyes narrow, but he says nothing as he and Granger leave the room. I wait until the door closes behind the Gryffindors before I glance towards Draco. "I take it that if I asked you would refuse to divulge the names?"

"It wouldn't do any good," Draco responds quietly.

"Because you believe they will do it again later tonight?" I ask. Draco nods slowly. I sigh heavily. "Mr. Malfoy, I will not allow them to harm you or Mr. Potter again."

"Oh, yeah," Draco harshly snaps before glaring at me. "How are you going to do that? By making us invisible to everyone?" he snarls. "Because that's the only way I can see Harry and me being safe now."

"Mr. Malfoy—"

"Draco, I'm Draco, not Malfoy, Snape," he growls at me. "I can't be a Malfoy after last night. I'm surprised they haven't informed him that his former son protected his Master's sworn enemy."

"This is what you wanted, was it not, Draco? To stand up to your father and show him that you are not a killer?" I notice the slight hitch in Draco's breathing at my words. "It is his loss, Draco."

"And your gain," Draco growls back at me. "I might as well just save—"

"Do not say such things, Draco," I rebuke. "You are proving to everyone that you are stronger than them. You are not a killer, Draco. I know this, and now Harry knows it."

"So what am I supposed to do, Snape? I can't go home, not after this. Mother and Father will surely kill me the second I step into Malfoy Manor."

"You are my godson, Draco. You will always have a home with me." I then sigh and allow him the time he needs to collect himself. "Draco, please let me help you, though. I must know what happened last night so that I can prevent it from occurring again."

"It was the usual suspects. Blaise, Nott, Montague, Crabbe, and Goyle," he admits quietly. "Those were the ones I could tell at least. They jumped Harry in the middle of the night. I did what you said. I stayed with him without him knowing that I was in the room. I watched them come in and just stood there. I stood there, Snape, as they jumped him. When I saw the…I couldn't let them kill him so I hexed a couple of them. It all went downhill from there. It took awhile for me to convince him that I wasn't the enemy, but I think he got it when I…I couldn't let them kill him, Snape." The haunted look quickly reenters Draco's gray eyes again.

"I know, Draco."

"They were going to stab him. I mean, what coward stabs someone to death?"

"You did well. I am proud of you, Draco," I say quietly. I can see him trying to hold back his emotions. Unfortunately, for us Slytherins, we cannot comfort one another. It is just not our way. I turn away and walk towards one of my private stores to retrieve supplies to heal his wounds. In hindsight, I know I should have done the same for Harry, but Minerva will insistent upon it being she who treats him. I will not interfere in this because I do not have a death wish today. I know without a doubt that the Head of Gryffindor will stop at nothing to tear me to shreds if I interfere. I walk back into the classroom a few seconds later just as Draco wipes his eyes. "I believe you know what these are?" I say as I hold out a jar of bruise salve and another vial. He sharply nods and takes both. "You may use my office." I watch him silently walk towards my secret passage that leads there. I sigh as the door shuts quietly behind him. The boy is unfortunately right. The other Slytherins will stop at nothing until he and Harry are dead. I draw in a deep breath as a thought occurs to me. I turn and walk to my office, knowing that the boy is probably only halfway through healing his wounds.

The minute I open the door and catch the deep slash to Draco's back, I feel my temper flare. I cannot hold back as I storm into the room. The door slams behind me, which alerts him to my presence. He instantly flinches as he catches my face.

"Sir…I…"

"I take it those wounds are the worst?" I sneer. He nods sharply. I quickly snatch his shirt that he has thrown on the floor. My fingers instantly become soaked in the blood that is in his shirt. I have always thought that my godson is smarter than the other dunderheads I teach, but this proves that there is an error in my logic. After all, any sane person would have went to the Hospital Wing and been treated instantly for a six-inch jagged laceration to his back. Except for Harry, a little voice in the back of my mind whispers. I feel my blood run cold as I realize my words. "Am I correct to assume that neither of you two morons went to see Pomfrey this morning?"

"No, sir," Draco responds. "She'd just ask questions."

I cannot hold back my urge any longer. I lightly cuff the idiot boy on the back of the head. Draco glances at me with wide eyes, but says nothing. In his short life, he is lucky that I only cuff him. I growl under my breath before yanking him towards my fireplace. These two morons are going to be the death of me. If it isn't Harry, it's Draco. I snarl my destination with Draco as we step into the Floo. Seconds later, we stumble out of Pomfrey's office. The medi-witch instantly glances up at us with large eyes.

"Professor Snape, Mr. Malfoy," Poppy Pomfrey says as she stands up.

"Take him," I snap before lightly pushing Draco towards her. I then throw down more Floo powder to retrieve Harry. The exact second I reappear in the abandoned classroom that neighbors the Transfigurations classroom, I stalk out and towards there. It doesn't take long before the old oak door burst open. It is as if Hogwarts can feel my anger. Minerva's eyes instantly find mine before she glares at me for interrupting her class.

"Professor Snape, unless—"

"I require Mr. Potter's presence…now!" I snarl before glaring at him. He gulps in response before glancing towards Granger and Weasley. His eyes then harden, which I can only guess is because he is trying to hide his fear as he has been doing thus far.

"Well, you are going to have to wait. I am in the middle of a lecture that Mr. Potter is going—"

"Unless you would like to be responsible for Potter's death, Minerva, I would release the boy." All eyes instantly glance towards Harry who is desperately trying to hide from me. When I see Minerva's eyes narrow, I find myself unable to control myself. I throw my hand out towards Harry and cast a quick fetching spell. Harry and I instantly disappear from the classroom seconds later. I know that I am going to pay for that later dearly, but time is of the essence. She will understand…someday.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2107