A Serpent in Lion's Clothing: Resorted by Lady Lanera
Summary: After the events of the famous dueling club scene, Harry has been resorted into Slytherin. Will he finally find the home he's been looking for? And will Snape find something he's been missing all his life? (Snape/Sinistra)
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Misc > All written in Snape's POV Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Resorting, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Self-harm, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: A Serpent in Lion's Clothing
Chapters: 27 Completed: Yes Word count: 37112 Read: 170448 Published: 16 Mar 2010 Updated: 19 May 2010
Pensieve by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Enjoy! :)

An hour later, I calmly walk into my quarters. I have been avoiding this part for long enough now. However, I have already seen the result. I am unsure if I should see what truly occurred last night. After all, it is my godson and Lily's son that I am to watch be attacked by cowards. However, I know I must so that I may prevent this from happening again. My talk with my House can only go so far.

I immediately head over to my pensieve and pull out the vial containing Draco's memories. Pulling the stopper out, I pour the silvery fluid into the bowl before tapping it once. I draw in a deep breath to steady myself. I then lower my head and allow the memory to overtake me.

The room is dark, which I have expected. Draco is behind me standing in the shadows. His wand is already drawn, but he is mostly relaxed while he stands guard. I then glance towards the slumbering figure in the bed. I sigh as the boy tosses back and forth in his restless sleep. In foresight, I should have guessed Harry would be uneasy sleeping in the Slytherin dorms. However, before I dwell on it anymore, the door creaks open. I watch the various boys sneak quietly into the room. My wand hand flexes manically when I catch the glistening object in Nott's hand.

As Crabbe and Goyle lunge towards Harry's arms, I glance back at Draco. I can see the hesitation that he has admitted to and his eyes calculating his next move. I sigh quietly when Draco casts several spells towards his former friends. Unfortunately, his casting has given away his presence. I watch the remaining boys lunge towards Draco. Montague instantly pins Draco against the wall while Nott starts to punch him repeatedly in the stomach. Glancing back towards Harry, I see Goyle and Crabbe doing the same thing, but Harry strangely seems to have the upper hand on them. It is almost as if the boy has been in this type of situation before. However, I know of none that has occurred here.

A cry of pain behind me makes me whirl back towards Draco. I wince as I see Nott slash Draco with the knife. However, when I notice Montague instantly release Draco, my eyes narrow. Montague is afraid. I then watch Pansy slowly saunter over to Draco who is knelling on all fours. I have not noticed her before, but this gives me the evidence I need. She kneels down beside Draco and lifts his head so she forces him to look at her.

"I hope you and your little Mudblood are happy together, Traitor," Pansy snarls. She then spits at him before standing up and kicking him hard to the ribs. She walks over towards Harry grabbing the knife from Nott's hands. Harry's back is to her so he does not see her coming.

I watch the horrid girl raise the knife above her head before she attempts to stab Harry. However, a figure blurs past me and slams his hand down on her wrist. The knife clatters heavily to the ground. I whirl around thinking it is Draco, but my godson is still kneeling on the floor groaning with Nott staring down at him utterly disgusted.

"No. He'll get what's coming to him," Montague growls as he grabs Pansy's wrist. The coward then glances towards Harry who is still fighting off Crabbe and Goyle. "The Dark Lord will see to that. Let's go." Montague and Pansy quickly slink back out of the room.

Nott then smirks kicking Draco hard in the ribs again. My godson instantly falls to the floor groaning loudly. Nott quietly laughs and walks towards Harry. Thankfully, he doesn't even look at the knife this time. At least that is a plus.

"Night-night, Potter," Nott sneers before shoves Harry towards the four-poster bed.

I wince again as Harry slams face-first into one of the bedposts. I then watch Nott nod towards Crabbe and Goyle. The idiots instantly lift Harry back up and hold him so that he faces Nott. I growl when I watch Nott grab Harry's chin to ensure he's looking at him.

"Welcome to Slytherin, Potter," Nott says coolly before glancing towards Crabbe and Goyle. The boys instantly release Harry, which makes him slam hard against the floor. They then leave.

I sigh heavily as I glance at both boys. They are both on the floor groaning, but Draco quickly manages to get back on his feet first. He silently walks over to Harry and offers him a hand. However, acting on pure instinct, Harry latches onto Draco's leg and yanks him down. I admit that I am rather amazed when Draco does nothing in retaliation. It speaks to his character that he does not.

"Go to hell, Malfoy."

"Case you didn't notice, Potter, I was helping you."

"I had it handled," Harry snarled back.

"Yeah right, Potter. Was that before or after Crabbe and Goyle had you pinned?" Again, Harry takes a swing towards Draco. Draco easily dodges it, though, but it costs him. A loud piercing scream erupts from his mouth before he lays himself flat on the floor. I have heard too many times from my many victims that same scream.

"You're bleeding," Harry says shocked.

Draco mumbles something back, but I cannot catch it. I glance towards Harry's face. I can see the thoughts running through his mind. He is wondering if he should trust Draco or not. I sigh a few seconds later when Harry holds his hand out towards Draco. The boy trust too easily, which could be a good thing for me. However, trust is like a snake. It slithers away too quickly when you need it.

"Thanks," Harry quietly whispers.

"Can't be having the heir of Slytherin getting his arse kicked by a punch of pansies," Draco replies with a soft smirk. He then groans before sitting up. "Where'd you learn to fight like that?"

"My cousin," Harry responds quietly. "Calls it 'Harry-Hunting'…it doesn't matter, though."

I watch the faraway look enter the green eyes. I know that look. He wears the look of someone who wishes for help but known not how to ask. I myself have had the look several times before in my life. Yes, I will definitely speak with the boy about my childhood now if only to make sure the boy knows he's not alone. Too long, he has believed that.

"So…what was thing Parkinson was talking about?"

I instantly catch Draco's glance towards the wall. I must admit that I too am wondering what she meant. Patiently, I wait his answer. I can see him wrestling with himself if he should respond or not. Finally, he decides.

"Granger," Draco whispers. "Pansy's convinced I like Granger."

The scene then dissolves, which makes me sigh. Albus has taken too much of the boy's memory for me to see, but I understand why he has done it. He wishes me to see the friendship blossoming between the boys. However, I believe that I could have done without hearing Draco's last line. I cast Tempus shortly afterwards. It is midnight. I believe it is time for me to speak with Harry now.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2107