Summer School by Lady Lanera
Summary: In response to Jan_AQ's challenge "Summer School," Harry learns that he is going to be spending his summer in school because he did absolutely appalling on his finals during fourth-year. He's not happy about it, though, because it was supposed to be his first summer of not having to live with the Dursleys. However, at Hogwarts, they have a different approach to summer school than Muggles do. Summer school teachers cannot teach their own subject. What, oh, what will Snape teach, if not Potions?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Sinistra
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Family, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Romance/Het, Violence
Prompts: Summer School
Challenges: Summer School
Series: Ties that Bind
Chapters: 36 Completed: Yes Word count: 81042 Read: 178004 Published: 15 Apr 2010 Updated: 12 Aug 2010
Latest Fiasco by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
I'm not really sure why I'm torturing poor Harry and Draco here, but enjoy. :)

I sigh happily while holding in my hands my first 'Exceeds Expectations' paper from Snape. I nearly laugh when I think about adding it to the wall in our rooms. However, I am sure he wouldn't understand why I have felt the need to hang it up. I then glance around since I feel eyes on me. Sure enough, the eyes on me are in fact gray and belong to one pain in the ass Draco Malfoy.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" I snarl.

"Just because you live with Severus now, don't think I won't hex you, Potter," he growls back.

"And risk hearing a lecture from Snape, I very much doubt even you'd be that stupid, Malfoy. Of course, then again you are here, aren't you?"

"I'm not stuck in this goddamn place because of my grades like you, Potter," he sneers.

"Oh, really, then why are you here, Malfoy? Is it because Daddy didn't want you spoiling his summer?" In hindsight, I should've not said that. Unable to dart out of the way, Draco's spell hits me full force and sends me against the cool wall. I instantly cry out in pain as I feel the stabbing pain in my left side. I foolishly glance down only to scream frantically seconds later. I cannot believe it, but I have the sheer dumb luck of having stood directly in front of a sword that one of the suits of armor had. Therefore, when Draco sent his spell towards me, it made me fly backwards into the sword and stab me.

"What in Merlin's—" Professor Sinistra's voice then cuts off as I guess she sees me. She gently grabs a hold of my side that is badly bleeding before pulling me towards her so that the sword isn't in me anymore. I nearly pass out from the blood loss, but I do my best to stay awake.

"I…I didn't…oh…I didn't meant to," Draco whispers.

"Save it, Malfoy," Professor Sinistra snarls back before she grimaces in sympathy towards me. "It's going to be all right, Harry," she says softly.

"I…I officially…hate summer school," I rasp loudly. It is becoming more difficult to breathe properly, but that could be because blood is filling up in my lungs. I hear Professor Sinistra try to soothe me by a soft lullaby, but it unfortunately hurts too badly. I can only imagine how much trouble I'll be in when Snape hears about my latest fiasco.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2127