Summer School by Lady Lanera
Summary: In response to Jan_AQ's challenge "Summer School," Harry learns that he is going to be spending his summer in school because he did absolutely appalling on his finals during fourth-year. He's not happy about it, though, because it was supposed to be his first summer of not having to live with the Dursleys. However, at Hogwarts, they have a different approach to summer school than Muggles do. Summer school teachers cannot teach their own subject. What, oh, what will Snape teach, if not Potions?
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Sinistra
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, Family, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Romance/Het, Violence
Prompts: Summer School
Challenges: Summer School
Series: Ties that Bind
Chapters: 36 Completed: Yes Word count: 81042 Read: 177996 Published: 15 Apr 2010 Updated: 12 Aug 2010
Apologies Mean Nothing by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Enjoy. :)

Slowly, I regain consciousness and the white walls of the infirmary greet me. Quite honestly, I hate this part of the school because it seems as if I live here some times. The sounds of hissing quickly draw my attention, but I know it isn't snakes making the sounds. Oh, no, it is definitely a very pissed off Snape, which makes me wish I hadn't woken up.

"You little fool," Snape snarls. "Do you have any idea how close you came to killing him?"

"I'm sorry, Snape," Draco replies softly with what sounds to be sniffles.

"You're sorry? As if that makes everything better," growls Snape. "Honestly, Draco, I spoke to the Headmaster on your behalf to stay here so you didn't go back to Lucius, and this is how you repay me? If I did not know what I know, I would send you back to Malfoy Manor in an instant. Be as it may, I unfortunately do know how you are treated by your father. Do not take my words as absolvent of any punishments, though. You nearly killed him."

"I know, and I'm sorry, Snape."

"That will be quite enough of your feigning of tears, Draco," Snape growls. "I can see right through you. The only reason you are mournful is because he didn't die."

"No, no, Snape, I didn't mean to hurt Harry. I just lost my temper, but I didn't mean to hurt him. I swear, Snape. I didn't mean to hurt him, and I'm definitely not a killer."

"There we agree, but you are a coward for running afterwards."

"Only to get help," Draco responds.

"Says you, but at this point your words mean very little, don't they, Draco?"

"I'm sorry, Snape."

"Apologies mean nothing to me, Draco, only actions do. Therefore, you will rectify this situation in whichever way you see fit, and at the end, I will tell you if you've done so or not. Is this understood?"

"Yes, sir," Draco replies quietly.

"Excellent," Snape says. "What are you waiting for then?" I hear footsteps retreating, which I guess is Malfoy leaving. I then hear Snape sigh heavily. "Oh, what am I going to do with you two?"

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2127