Sneaking Around by Lady Lanera
Summary: Set during the summer before Harry’s 5th year, Harry and his friends spend time at Grimmauld Place. Throughout their time there, Harry becomes closer to Snape as he realizes that Snape was always there to protect him even if he does dislike Harry. Will these two finally see the light...and what does Professor Sinistra have to do with this?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Other
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Romance/Het, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 30 Completed: Yes Word count: 23371 Read: 130426 Published: 26 Apr 2010 Updated: 26 Apr 2010
Pocketful of Sunshine by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Natasha Bedingfield

When Harry awoke, it was to darkness. However, the smile instantly flooded his face. He was unsure why he was smiling, though. He knew it had to be a very good dream, but he couldn't remember what it was. He shrugged his shoulders and cast it out of his mind. He quickly got out of bed and tiptoed to the door. He had expected someone had closed it, but it wasn't. Again, he didn't think anything of it. Instead, he quietly crept downstairs for a midnight snack.

Harry had just managed to grab a cookie when he heard soft talking from the hallway. Relying on his instinct, he quickly hid underneath the counter. Whoever it was had to be looking for him to see him. He then sat back and ate his snack as the person walked in. However, he nearly groaned when he saw another set of feet next to the first.

"How many times must I apologize, Sinistra?"

"Oh, I don't know, Severus," hissed Professor Sinistra. "How about you apologizing until my cheek heals since it was your fault."

"As I said before, I did not mean—"

"Yep, I totally don't care," she replied taking a step closer to where Harry was hiding.

"Ah, taking a page from my book tonight, are we?"

"Well, I thought since you do 'bastard' so well, I'd show you 'bitch'."

"And this is different from how you usually act how?"

Harry nearly snickered. He had to admit Snape and Sinistra's fight was somewhat funny in a pathetic sort of way. However, he bit the back of his hand to prevent the laughter. He knew it wouldn't bode well for him if they caught him.

"Severus Snape," Professor Sinistra hissed.

"Aurora Sinistra," Snape replied in the same tone.

"Oh," Professor Sinistra growled. "I agree with the Weasley boy. You are a royal git!"

"Yes, well, I do believe git rhymes with twit, which is what you are."

"Bastard," she muttered quietly.

"Perhaps," Snape responded rather amused. "Has the Headmaster given you another mission or has he finally learned that you are by far the world's worst Slytherin?"

"Oh, you're one to talk."

"Unlike you, I have not nearly gotten myself killed every single time I go on a mission."

"No, but you love to flirt with danger."

"Is that why I apparate to clearings in the middle of the night only to return here suffering from the after-effects of a Cruciatus? Hmm…and all these times I believed it was due to some transgression of a past life," Snape drawled before chuckling. "After all, it would explain why I am stuck with you."

"Oh, is that right? Well, then I guess I'm just going to have to go since I'm not wanted."

"You are most definitely wanted, just not tonight."

"Wow. I knew I shouldn't have drunk that old bottle of Felix Felicis before bed."

"Why?"

"Because the current Head of Slytherin is flirting with me so I know I'm in hell."

"Indeed, Sinistra, you are in hell so that I may curse you a hundred times over. After all, I have nothing better to do with my life than to be near you."

"You're an ass."

"Yet again you're incorrect, Aurora. I am a Slytherin, which means if I were an animal I'd be a snake, not a donkey."

"Hmm…you look more like a bat to me," Professor Sinistra responded.

"Just hurry up," Snape replied in his annoyed tone.

"Why? Afraid Sirius will catch you with me?"

"I could care less if the mutt found me with you."

"Oh, really, Severus?" drawled Professor Sinistra.

"Indeed because if I told him that you were sharing my bed now, the mutt would be devastated."

"You boys always did have to see whose was bigger." Silence echoed then. "Let's go, Sev."

Harry watched the feet walk back out of the kitchen. He then stood up and mouthed 'Sev, yuck'.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2132