Sneaking Around by Lady Lanera
Summary: Set during the summer before Harry’s 5th year, Harry and his friends spend time at Grimmauld Place. Throughout their time there, Harry becomes closer to Snape as he realizes that Snape was always there to protect him even if he does dislike Harry. Will these two finally see the light...and what does Professor Sinistra have to do with this?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Other
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Romance/Het, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 30 Completed: Yes Word count: 23371 Read: 130451 Published: 26 Apr 2010 Updated: 26 Apr 2010
You & Me by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Lifehouse

Snape sighed heavily as he quickly dressed the next morning. He hadn't necessarily had a bad night, but he couldn't shake Harry's memories out of his head. Albus was right. He and Harry were so alike, and that was what scared him. However, before he could finish his depressing thought, he heard the soft groan next to him. He glanced towards his companion and slowly bowed his head in acknowledgement.

"Leaving already, Severus?" Aurora softly drawled as she stretched.

"The sun will be rising soon."

"Ah, yes, can't be caught sleeping in," she teased. Her mood then turned serious. "Not that I'm complaining or anything, but could we renegotiate this agreement of ours?"

"You know my answer, Aurora, so do not try."

"I'm only stating that nobody knows about us. We've been extra careful."

"There is no 'us', Aurora. You know this."

"Well, if that was truly the case, then why'd you come see me last night, Severus? Because I know you didn't have a meeting that you needed to forget," Aurora responded slyly. "That is unless you take into consideration that you enjoy our times together, which would mean—"

"Do not try to outsmart me, Sinistra. You will lose."

"Oh, so last night was because of Harry then."

"No," Snape flatly stated.

"It's all right, Severus. You've used me for lesser reasons than that."

"I've never used you," he quickly said defensively.

"My apologies," Aurora replied with a soft smile. "I misspoke. What I meant to say is that you've used our agreement for lesser reasons than your worries about Harry."

"I'm not worried."

"Hmm…that's not what I heard last night." She then quietly laughed at his glare. "Honestly, Severus, don't tell me no one has ever told you that you talk in your sleep."

"I what!" he exclaimed outraged.

"Oh, don't worry. You never say anything that's too embarrassing or life threatening. In fact, last night you only mumbled a couple of times."

"And just what did I say?"

"How you don't want Harry to become like you, which I know he won't. I see how he looks at you now. Severus, he respects you and perhaps even listens to you now. Obviously, you two have shared your deep dark secrets amongst each other. You know, I do remember telling you that if you just let him in a bit, that this might happen then. Hmm…seems as if I was right."

"Congratulations, Sinistra. You are now tied with Trelawney for the number of times you've predicted something accurately." She immediately rewarded him with a hard slap to his chest.

"Yes, and you've surpassed her in the number of Firewhiskeys drunk. Congratulations, Severus. You're an alcoholic." Aurora then drew in a deep breath. "So what's on the agenda for today?"

"Occlumency," Snape replied evenly.

"Ah, fun, fun," she responded. "I wonder if he gets the terrible headaches like I did when you tried and failed to teach me."

"I—I do not know."

"You mean you haven't noticed because you've been trying to get accustomed to this strange feeling in that cold heart of yours. Just so you know, Severus, it is love. You're starting to care for him. Trust me. I can see it in your face when you're near him. It isn't necessarily a bad thing."

"I am in constant contact with the Dark Lord. I believe I would disagree with you on that point."

"Yes, but the Dark Lord doesn't know you like I do, Severus." When he narrowed his eyes, she continued. "Well, I could be wrong here, but I doubt you've ever lowered your barriers or your mask around him. I must admit that I love it when I see the real you, Severus. You really are quite handsome underneath that mask you wear. But what do I know?"

Snape took one last glance at Aurora before briskly walking out of her rooms. He was very silent as he left. The sun brightly shone in as the door closed behind him.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2132