Sneaking Around by Lady Lanera
Summary: Set during the summer before Harry’s 5th year, Harry and his friends spend time at Grimmauld Place. Throughout their time there, Harry becomes closer to Snape as he realizes that Snape was always there to protect him even if he does dislike Harry. Will these two finally see the light...and what does Professor Sinistra have to do with this?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Other
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Romance/Het, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 30 Completed: Yes Word count: 23371 Read: 130437 Published: 26 Apr 2010 Updated: 26 Apr 2010
March out of the Darkness by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Papa Roach

Snape glanced down where Harry was lying on the floor. He could see the pain in the young man's face as Harry battled the Dark Lord in his mind. Snape drew in a deep breath and closed his eyes. Harry was right. They needed to end this before someone else died. He glanced at Harry one last time before apparating to where he knew the Dark Lord was.

Snape drew his wand and grit his teeth the exact second he found himself in the dark manor. He could feel the Dark Lord's foreboding presence. He was close. Snape took a few seconds to glance around to see if anything in the room he could use to his advantage. However, there were only robes in the room. He then heard footsteps from outside of the room, which made him instantly blend into the shadows. The door slowly opened up, revealing a young man that Snape recognized almost instantly.

"Sir…?" the young man hesitantly said.

Snape remained quiet, though. He wasn't certain as to what the young man was planning, but he wasn't about to get himself killed either. He continued to watch his former Slytherin student glance around the room. When he noticed the young man lower his wand, Snape narrowed his eyes. He had never seen the young man ever lower his guard like that before now.

"Any luck, Nott?" a young woman asked as she stepped into the light. She had tied her hair back, but she too was easily recognizable. She would be a seventh year this upcoming term.

"No. I don't think he's coming, Mary."

"He'll come. He won't be able to stop himself," Mary responded before sighing heavily. "Come on. Let's keep checking before they realize we're missing."

Snape watched his two former Slytherin students walk silently back into the hallway. He muttered a soft Invisibility spell on himself before quietly following them out. He waited a few seconds to ensure they were moving away. When he was certain they hadn't noticed his presence, Snape whirled around and ran towards the throne room. It didn't take him long to reach it.

Again, he blended into the shadows. Snape glanced around and narrowed his eyes at the peculiar scene. No one was in the room guarding the Dark Lord. He then glanced around to find Nagini. When he found the massive snake's corpse in front of the Dark Lord's feet, he felt uneasy. The entire scene screamed that something was wrong. When a hand gently rested on his back, a few seconds later, he quickly whirled around with his wand drawn. He was in mid-cast when he noticed it was only Sinistra.

"How did you find me?" he whispered.

"Nott," she whispered back. She then glanced at the Dark Lord. "It's too easy."

"Yes, so I've realized," he drawled.

"You know, I hate when that happens," she said motioning towards Nagini. Snape quickly latched onto her wrist and painfully yanked her towards him. Thankfully, she made no sound, though.

"Quiet unless you wish to alert them that we're over here," he snarled. She yanked her arm back before rubbing it. He decided then not to pay attention to her. That, unfortunately, was his downfall.

Seconds later, when Snape went to inform Sinistra to remain there, he found she wasn't there. He glanced around and found the foolish witch pointing a wand at the Dark Lord. Growling under his breath, Snape leapt towards her before she could cast anything. She was successfully ruining his chance to give Harry an advantage. His hand latched onto her again just as she muttered her spell. Within seconds, a bright light enveloped the room effectively blinding them both as they fell to the floor.

The ground rumbled and shook violently. Large sections of the ceiling started to collapse and sent it spiraling towards the floor. Columns crashed down and smashed into various little pieces. Somehow lightning started to arc around the room electrifying anything that moved. A large expanding bubble quickly shrouded the room in darkness.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" Snape bellowed. The bubble effectively trapped them. He glared at her with the fiercest glare he had. That witch was going to cost him everything because of her stupidity.

"I don't know," she replied startled. "Albus told me to cast it. He didn't tell me what it did."

Snape glanced back towards the Dark Lord. The bubble had already enveloped him. It was now closing in on him and Sinistra. Snape glanced at her and saw her fear. Unfortunately, his temper already was in control so he couldn't prevent the words from slipping out of his mouth.

"Well, congratulations, Aurora," he sneered as the bubble neared them. "You've finally managed to kill us."

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2132