Sneaking Around by Lady Lanera
Summary: Set during the summer before Harry’s 5th year, Harry and his friends spend time at Grimmauld Place. Throughout their time there, Harry becomes closer to Snape as he realizes that Snape was always there to protect him even if he does dislike Harry. Will these two finally see the light...and what does Professor Sinistra have to do with this?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Other
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Romance/Het, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 30 Completed: Yes Word count: 23371 Read: 130438 Published: 26 Apr 2010 Updated: 26 Apr 2010
Take Me Away by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
The song comes from Avril Lavigne.

Harry lay in his bed staring up at the ceiling, several hours later. He hadn't talked to Hermione or Ron about Snape's odd behavior. He still felt rather numb. Everyone in his life always left him. First were his parents because Voldemort murdered them. Then were the Dursleys who never wanted him in the first place. Nowadays, Dumbledore refused to speak with him. The other members of the Order always came up with elaborate excuses, but he knew that it was all they were, excuses. He sighed heavily. Lastly was Snape, who just confused the hell out of Harry.

Harry's eyes then narrowed as he recalled the past few days. Snape was rather…nice to him. Well, not super nice, but he was rather civil towards Harry at the very least. He sighed again. Snape had said that Harry deserved the truth. What truth was that, though?

"Hey, Ron, have you noticed anything odd about Snape?" Harry finally asked around two in the morning. He heard the soft grumble from Ron's bed before the other boy spoke.

"How so, Harry?"

"Well, he's been…nice to us." Harry immediately caught Ron sitting up and staring at him with big eyes. "Yeah, I know, Ron. It's just…well…it's odd."

"Maybe he got hit with a Confundus Charm?"

"That's a hell of a Confundus Charm, Ron," Harry quipped. He then noticed the light under his doorway. His eyes narrowed, and he motioned to Ron to be quiet. They heard a door farther down the hall open and close. "Who do you think that was?"

"Can't be Remus," Ron responded. "Heard him and Dad speaking earlier that Remus had to go on a mission for the Order," he explained.

"Well, Sirius has been asleep for ages."

"Maybe it's Hermione?"

"What?" a soft voice spoke from the far corner. Both boys let out a startled cry before one of them ended up on the cold floor.

"What are you doing here?" Ron quietly hissed as he got to his feet to climb back into bed.

"Your mum asked me to move in here for a bit," Hermione replied sleepily. She was slowly waking up. She sat up and glanced at both boys. "I think someone from the Order was hurt tonight, and they needed my bed. They're being hush-hush about who it was, though."

"There must have been another raid," another voice spoke up from another part of the room.

"Fred? George? What are you two doing here?" Harry asked. He was rather surprised to hear the Weasley twins' voices. It led him to wonder who else was in the room with them.

"Mum kicked us out of our rooms. Ginny is here too," George whispered back.

"Well, did you guys see anything before you got sent here?"

"Yeah," Fred quietly whispered. "Whoever it was that was hurt was badly bleeding. Looked like they got hit with some curse too," he said. "We couldn't see the person's face, though."

"Maybe it was Snape," Ron whispered back with a hint of amusement. "It'd be nice not to have to see that git this year at school." He then softly laughed before a hand grabbed his wrist. He instantly screamed out and stated flailing his arms around wildly.

"As it would be pleasant not to have to see you this year either, Weasley," a familiar silky voice whispered quietly before the hand released Ron's arm.

Ron's eyes widened as he recognized the tone. He was dead. No. He was beyond dead. He gulped and glanced down. It was just his luck.

"I'm sorry, Professor."

"I bet you are, Weasley," Snape drawled. "Mr. Potter, come with me."

"It's not Sirius, is it?"

"No," Snape replied. "Black is fine as is Lupin. However, I believe I asked you to come. I do not have nearly the patience for your usual lollygagging tonight." He then watched the small boy get out of bed and walk to him. He glanced in the darkness towards the rest of the Gryffindor gang. He could sense their distrust. "I will return Potter relatively unharmed so there is no need for you to do some foolish act of heroism. I swear on my Wizard's Oath that I will not hurt, maim, or kill Harry Potter." He then whirled around and walked back out into the hallway with Harry following quietly behind.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2132