Sneaking Around by Lady Lanera
Summary: Set during the summer before Harry’s 5th year, Harry and his friends spend time at Grimmauld Place. Throughout their time there, Harry becomes closer to Snape as he realizes that Snape was always there to protect him even if he does dislike Harry. Will these two finally see the light...and what does Professor Sinistra have to do with this?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Other
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Romance/Het, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 30 Completed: Yes Word count: 23371 Read: 130434 Published: 26 Apr 2010 Updated: 26 Apr 2010
Bad Moon Rising by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
CCR

A day later, in the dead of night, the familiar burning feeling seared his left forearm. Within seconds, Snape awoke and groaned before slapping his right hand against the black stain on his soul that would never wash off. The Dark Lord was summoning him again. Pushing the pain back into the far recesses of his mind, Snape quickly dressed in the proverbial pain in his ass Death Eater robes. The horrid things felt so heavy now because it remained a constant reminder of what he lost. He placed his silver skull-like mask on and drew up his black hood to make himself not so easily recognizable.

Unfortunately, Snape caught his reflection in the mirror as he did this action. It was sickening to see. While it was not there physically, he could clearly see the dark memories play out across his mask. However, he quickly shook those thoughts away. He had made his choice, and he only had himself to blame. Perhaps in the end, every horrid thing he had ever done, whether it was participating in Muggle hunting or 'proving his loyalties', he'd make up for it. That was one reason he was protecting Potter. The son of his childhood tormentor was going to be his salvation.

As soon as he apparated to the clearing, Snape groaned. The weather was as vile as he felt. The rain pelted him as if it was hail. Thunder roared all around the clearing while a fierce wind whipped his hair around when his hood fell. Violent lightning struck nearby structures and rattled the ground. The whole scene looked as if it was Armageddon.

"Severus," a bald wizard with a snake-like appearance hissed. A bolt of lightning struck miles away from him, but looked as if it was right behind the wizard.

"My Lord," Snape responded before dropping to a knee and bowing his head. Within seconds, he felt his mask vanish. Oh, lovely, he's in one of those moods tonight, Snape thought dismally.

"It is lovely weather we seem to be having tonight, isn't it, my favorite?" Voldemort hissed before letting a finger trail down Snape's face.

"Not entirely, my Lord," Snape quietly replied. He hated it when the Dark Lord touched him like that. He knew the Dark Lord meant it to be a reward, but it always made Snape feel dirty. Once, he had nearly rubbed his face raw trying to get the feeling off his face. That was until she came and found him sitting on his shower floor watching his blood run down the drain. Snape quickly banished that thought. He couldn't think about her, not now.

"I suspect you're wondering why I called you here tonight, aren't you, Severus?" Voldemort then quietly chuckled. "Rise, my son," he commanded. "I have a special reward for you tonight."

Snape slowly rose and carefully schooled his features. The Dark Lord seemed to be in a good mood, which Snape knew wasn't a good thing. He then watched the others walk out of the trees towards them. He didn't see any Muggles, so Muggle Hunting and 'Proving his loyalties' were out. He quietly wanted to mutter a soft 'thank Merlin' for that. However, his eyes then caught a familiar witch. Oh, not her, anyone but her, he groaned in his head. This night was just getting worse and worse as it went on.

"Hello, Severus," a witch with frizzy dark hair whispered sultrily. Her dark eyes darkened before she walked towards him suggestively. She ran her tongue under her top teeth before she let out a soft little giggle, which immediately proved just how crazy she was.

"Bella," Snape drawled. He then felt her slide her hand into the small opening of his robes. When her nails raked against his bare skin, he forced himself not to stiffen or any other emotion that showed how disgusted he was by her actions. "I see that Azkaban hasn't changed you." Liar, a familiar voice yelled in his head. She then leaned up and captured his lips. He blocked it all to ensure he didn't suffer from nightmares the rest of his life. He knew everything Bella was doing was an act. They never once trusted each other. She hated him because he was a half-blood, which he had no qualms over. He hated her because she was crazy sadistic witch. He guessed her reason for acting tonight was that she only wanted to get him alone to kill him.

"Oh, Severus, how I have missed you," Bellatrix whispered before pulling back. "I've always loved it when you called me Bella. It makes me feel so special. Rodolphus doesn't say that to me."

"And where is your dear husband?" Snape asked politely.

"Not here, my dear sweet Severus." Bellatrix then glanced towards Voldemort. "May I have him now, my Lord? We have so much catching up to do."

"Of course, my dear," Voldemort hissed with a soft smirk. "Enjoy yourself tonight, my son."

Yeah, not going to happen, Snape thought as Bellatrix yanked him away. I hate my life.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2132