Potions and Stars by Lady Lanera
Summary: Continuing a few weeks after the events in "Sneaking Around," Snape receives custody of Harry Potter as Dumbledore cannot convince the other Wizarding officials that Sirius is innocent. However, Snape receives some very startling news from Sinistra in the first chapter. How is this going to affect Snape and Harry's relationship now? (Songfic)
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Sinistra
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Family, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Alcohol Use, Profanity, Romance/Het
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 30 Completed: Yes Word count: 81120 Read: 97244 Published: 27 Apr 2010 Updated: 08 Apr 2011
Trouble by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the short chapter. Song is by Pink. Thanks to Ponytail Girl for the suggestion. :D Enjoy. :D

Snape drew in a slow and deep breath. His dark eyes remained trained on the silver wand. While he knew it wouldn't cause his death, it would perhaps cause a lot of pain temporarily. He quickly went through his options. He could run like hell away from her or he could take it like a man. He then snorted. Taking it like a man might make him lose his manhood. She had that look in her eye that he had seen too many times before.

"Ah crap is right, Severus. Well, what do you have to say for yourself?"

"In the words of that fictional character you're so fond of, 'My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled," Snape said with a soft smile.

"You're quoting Jack Sparrow?" Aurora then laughed. "A fully-grown wizard quoting a Muggle fictional character, oh yes, I've seen it all now."

"Admit it, Aurora. You've always wanted to hear me say 'Arg'."

"Okay, you're going to Madam Pomfrey's now," she said shaking her head before walking towards him. He, however, took a step back. "Severus, don't make me hex you."

"I think I might like that," Snape said in his low, sexy growl. He caught her momentarily shock, which made him chuckle. "If you can catch me, I'm all yours, Sinistra." He then whirled around and rushed out of the sweetshop. He flashed a brief grin towards Harry before sprinting down the pavement. He didn't know how to describe it. He felt free and extremely, well, happy. This potion was wrecking havoc on his newly acquired emotions, but he didn't care for some reason.

Aurora suddenly appeared directly in front of him. He tried to stop as soon as he saw her so he didn't collide into her, but he hit a piece of loose cobblestone. Pitched forward by his velocity, he ended up flying towards her.

"SEVERUS!" she screamed as if that would help stop him.

Using a split second decision, he quickly changed into his Animagus form, which helped compact him a bit more. He then felt some wild magic slam against him full force, stopping him in midair. He watched the ground slowly connect with his big black paws. He glanced towards Aurora.

"Oh, dear Merlin," she said exhaling loudly. She then glared at him. "Dammit, Severus!" she snarled before stalking towards him and pinching his furry black ear. "If you ever do that again…" She then exhaled again, shaking her head furiously. She couldn't be mad at him for that. She wanted to be mad, but she just couldn't be. It wasn't very likely that he wanted to sprawl towards her in the air and hurt her. Her arms then quickly wrapped around the panther's neck, which made her laugh a few seconds later when Shadow gently placed his furry head against hers. "You could have hurt me. Do you know that?" Shadow in response licked her face before nuzzling her as if the panther was apologizing. "You're being a real pain in the ass today, Severus." The panther gave her the 'who me' look before morphing his face into an innocent and cute cuddly panther. "I cannot believe you." She then gently pressed a kiss on the panther's nose, which made her laugh when Shadow tried to squirm out of her hands. "You should probably change back, Shadow, before I forget the reason I'm mad at you." Her dark eyes remained on the panther as it morphed back into Severus. "You're acting so like James Potter right now with your current antics. You do realize that?"

"If I was Potter, I'd be finding some scrawny child to pants in the middle of the street, Aurora," he replied quietly. "Unfortunately, you and I both know that for all the evil in our house that was one evil we refused to resort to with our enemies."

"Oh, yes, we were more likely to cast an Unforgivable or some other dark magic on them." Aurora then inhaled slowly. "Harry's coming."

"Excellent, perhaps now we can get that fudge I'm craving."

"Oh no, you aren't," she quickly said. "We're going to see Madam Pomfrey immediately."

"Is everything all right?" asked Harry glancing between the adults.

"Everything's fine once Severus goes to see Pomfrey."

"Aurora, I'm fine. I'll be good now."

"Sure you will," she replied folding her arms. "I'm not an idiot, Severus."

"Oh no, of course not. I'd never call you an idiot." He then glanced towards Harry and smirked.

"You son of a banshee, as if I can't see that smirk on your face, Severus," she growled.

"Damn, that's the witch in the North Tower, not the Astronomy Tower. I really thought I had it that time. I keep getting you and Trelawney mixed up. You both have that look of utter cluelessness about you." Snape then grinned before chuckling.

"Keep laughing, Severus. I dare you." Her eyes were darkening, which was a sure sign that he was going to be hexed really soon if he kept it up.

"Fine, Aurora. At least let me have some fudge before she starts to treat me like a porcupine."

"What is with your utter fixation on fudge, Severus?"

"I like fudge. Do you have a problem with that, Aurora?" he stated flatly.

"Well, considering this is coming from a man who once gave a week's worth of detention to a student because she gave you a blood-flavored lollipop, yes, I do have a problem with it."

"She gave it to me laboring under the false assumption that I'm a vampire."

"Gee, I wonder whatever gave her that idea, Severus. It couldn't be the frequent funeral garbs you wear, the pasty complexion, the superb hearing, or even the fact you live in the dungeons."

"I happen to like black. Is there something wrong with liking black?"

"And what…you happen to dislike the sun too?"

"I usually am rather busy brewing in case you've failed to notice from your tower. Some of us can't hide out in the stars like some people, Aurora." She then tightened her grip on his arm. "I take it that I'm not getting my fudge?" She only pulled him behind her as she made her way up to the castle. "Hmm…this view is nicer back here. I will admit that." He glanced towards Harry and saw the young man staring at him as if he had lost his mind. Which perhaps wouldn't be too far from the truth at this point, thought Snape. Glancing back at Aurora, he inhaled the rich smell of raspberries from her hair. She smelled amazing. He then swallowed harshly. Mr. Frisky appears to have made his reappearance. I hate Mr. Frisky, but he is a hell of a lot better than Mr. Doom and Gloom.

Minutes after reaching the castle, his eyes darted towards the large doors at the front entrance. His wand silently went into his hand before quickly casting his spell. He glanced towards Harry who was silently holding back his laughter. Written in large green and silver letters across the front doors was 'Slytherin RULES!'

The End.
End Notes:
And, yes, I do know that Pirates came out in 2003, but I'm sort of ignoring that in the interest of the line. :D


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2135