United Under One Banner by Lady Lanera
Summary: The Golden Trio with help from the Weasley Twins and others decide that in order to solve their Snape problem, they need to find Snape a witch. However, none of them could have imagined how their actions would affect Snape or that it would end up uniting the entire school.
*Told from various characters' pov
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Sinistra
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Alcohol Use, Profanity, Romance/Het, Torture, Violence
Prompts: United to Arrange Snape's Soulmate
Challenges: United to Arrange Snape's Soulmate
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes Word count: 33805 Read: 54443 Published: 13 May 2010 Updated: 22 Jul 2010
Depth of His Love by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Enjoy. :)

Returning to his rooms after the disaster in the Great Hall, Snape felt his anger coming off in waves. Anger was the one emotion that no amount of Occlumency barriers in the world would be able to hold back. As soon as the portrait shut behind him, he snarled loudly and yanked his emerald robes off before throwing them as far away from him as he could. He then angrily flicked his wrist. The bit of uncontrolled magic he released slammed against one of his massive bookshelves, exploding it and sending shredded papers into the air. However, that destruction didn't satisfy him enough.

It was extremely rare for him to be so violent with his things, but his temper that he inherited from his bastard father raged inside of him. He had only lost control of himself twice before, and both times were a result of Lily. After that day by the lake where he called her that foul name so long ago, he destroyed the Slytherin boys' dormitory in a fit of rage. The second time was when he had learned of Lily's death. He had destroyed the majority of his quarters then.

His rage blinded him. He grabbed objects from the mantel of his fireplace and threw them. Luckily, he knew in the back of his mind that as long as he stayed in the sitting room, his most prized possessions would remain safe. He faintly could hear the shattering of glass, but he ignored it. He sent more uncontrolled magic at his bookshelves. Confetti then flew around the room as the spell effortlessly shredded the massive books. He then closed his eyes before roaring a very loud expletive. Numbly, he was aware that he was releasing every ounce of his destructive magic with his yell, but he just wanted it to stop. He wanted everything he felt to stop, just stop. Suddenly, everything went black.

In the morning when Snape came to, he groaned loudly. His entire body ached now. He grimaced slightly before rolling over onto his side. He heard the crunching of glass as he did this. Slowly, he got to his feet and glanced around his sitting room. He scoffed slightly at the sight. Every single bookshelf that had lined his walls was now just splintered wood with tiny shredded pieces of paper. Large amounts of shattered glass littered his floor. He then glanced at his couch and chair. The glass had shredded both violently. No doubt, he guessed he looked similar to the furniture. He drew in a breath, only to gasp as a terrible sharp pain rippled through his abdomen. He touched the wound and felt the sharp edge of glass. He grimaced as he yanked it out.

This wasn't the first time his magic caused him to become a human pincushion. Snape remained holding a hand to his wound before slowly limping towards the bathroom. He decided that he might at least see how badly he had injured himself this time. It took a few moments before he finally reached his bathroom. He grimaced slightly before pulling the now badly soiled white undershirt off. He heard the twinkling of the glass shards as they hit the floor from this action. He continued to undress himself in silence before sitting on the edge of his bathtub. He could barely put any pressure on his leg. His dark eyes then glanced across from him at the full-length mirror. Again, he grimaced.

Snape looked as if he had just fought the Dark Lord. Various lacerations, some deep others not, covered his entire body. He could see the tiny bits of shards embedded in his pale skin. Slowly, he began the extracting process. Every now and then, he groaned as he pulled a piece of glass out, but he was silent for the most part. That was until he saw his Dark Mark. He chuckled softly as he noticed the deep jagged laceration. Blood had covered the entire black stain on his soul. A rather fitting picture if he had to say so himself. He, however, sighed and yanked a towel from next to him. He silently wrapped it around his wound to clot it.

In his mind, Snape mentally went down his checklist of all the potions that he'd need to take. He knew without a doubt that Blood Replenishing Potion was the most crucial potion he'd need. He also needed the orange paste to heal his various bruises and another potion to clean his wounds. He tried to heal his wounds without his wand, but his cuts remained open. He sighed heavily before coming to the conclusion that his little outburst had nearly drained all of his magic temporarily. As if I haven't done that twice before, he thought dryly.

Snape then glanced at his left leg and shook his head at how badly bruised his knee was. He carefully tried to flex his leg, only to groan from the shooting pain. Well, it wasn't broken, so he guessed that he had only twisted his knee. He tore off a strip of cloth and tied it around his knee in efforts not to damage it anymore. He grabbed another towel and wet it before trying to wipe the dried blood off himself. He knew that a shower would only aggravate his wounds even more.

"Eek . . . um . . . Mr. Dark Wizard?" a small voice squeaked after it had followed a soft pop.

"What?" Snape gruffly replied, not bothering to glance at the pitiful creature.

"Um . . . well . . . Headmaster Master Dumbledore asked Kali to tell Mr. Dark Wizard . . . that . . . um . . . Mr. Dark Wizard's presence is requested in Headmaster Master Dumbledore's office."

"Oh, did he?" Snape drawled before wincing at the cut to his abdomen. "Perhaps Kali should inform Headmaster Master Dumbledore that Mr. Dark Wizard is indisposed at the moment." At the sound of the soft pop, he glanced where the little house elf had been standing. He scoffed. Sarcasm was always lost on them. He continued wiping the blood from his wounds before hearing another pop.

"Headmaster Master Dumbledore says that Mr. Dark Wizard has no choice and that it is not a request. Kali is supposed to stay with Mr. Dark Wizard to make sure that Mr. Dark Wizard comes. And if Mr. Dark Wizard refuses, then Kali is expected to bring Mr. Dark Wizard no matter what."

Snape glanced at the house elf and sighed. Obviously, the house elf was using Albus's words now. Under his gaze, the poor thing's large ears drooped pitifully, and its large green eyes were wide in fear. He watched it twist its bony fingers into its clothes nervously. The poor thing acted as if he was going to murder it at any moment. If he had the heart, he'd inform the poor thing that he didn't harm house elves.

"Then perhaps Mr. Dark Wizard should get dressed, shouldn't he?" he said with a sigh. Silently, he wrapped a towel around his lower body as he stood up. Within seconds afterwards, he groaned again and grabbed his knee. This entire day was going to be murder. He slowly limped towards his sitting room to retrieve his wand, but at the sight of all the glass, he thought better of it. He glanced at the little house elf who was staring at him with big eyes. "Perhaps you could retrieve my wand for me?" he asked in a soft voice. Oh, how far he had come, lowering himself to ask a house elf for help.

"Kali can do that for Mr. Dark Wizard." She then squeaked somberly before glancing at his abdomen. "Perhaps Mr. Dark Wizard can sit down so he doesn't pass out on Kali?" she asked softly.

Snape scoffed, but nodded slowly. She did have a point. He was exerting himself unnecessarily. He did as she asked and sat down on the edge of his bed, still holding a towel around his left forearm. He glanced at the towel and sighed at the sight of the crimson bleeding through. His regular clothes would have to be out for today, and he'd have to ask Albus for the day off as he healed. No doubt, Albus would request him to see Madam Pomfrey after their meeting, but he did not intend to do that. He was the foolish person who lost control and hurt himself. There was no need to drag Madam Pomfrey into this whole mess and having her coddle him as she healed him. He'd just suffer through the day as penance for losing control. It wasn't the first time he did.

"Mr. Dark Wizard," Kali quietly said, a few seconds later.

"Yes, Kali?" he replied, glancing at her. He sighed softly as he took his wand from her. "Thank you, Kali." He then silently casted various healing spells that he knew didn't require too much magic. Unfortunately, the spell only managed to close his wound to his abdomen. This day was definitely going to be murder.

"Perhaps Kali can assist Mr. Dark Wizard like she assists Ms. Astronomy Mistress?"

"What?" Snape exclaimed, glancing at the house elf. "What do you mean 'assist Ms. Astronomy Mistress'?" Kali instantly whimpered as she stared at him. He then drew in a calming breath and forced his voice to become a bit softer and gentler. "Kali, what did you mean?"

"Kali must not say," she replied tearfully. "Ms. Astronomy Mistress made Kali promise not to say. Please, Mr. Dark Wizard, don't make Kali say. Kali does not wish Ms. Astronomy Mistress to cry again."

"Kali, if she's hurting herself, I need to know, though," Snape said quietly. He was surprised with how gentle his voice was. Perhaps deep down he wasn't the bastard he thought he was. He could see her struggling with herself. Luckily, he was the Head of Slytherin and a master manipulator. "Kali, please tell me. She's my friend." The poor thing was now whimpering and pressing her lips together tightly. "What if you showed me? Technically, you wouldn't be telling me then, Kali. You'd still be keeping your promise to her."

"You'll help Ms. Astronomy Mistress?"

"If I can, then yes, Kali," Snape responded. He nearly sighed in relief when she nodded slowly. He drew in a breath thinking if he should or should not tell Kali that he was going to view her memories. He decided against it in the end. "Kali, look in my eyes." Almost at once, he entered her mind. It didn't take long to find the memories she had referred. After viewing the last memory, he closed his eyes, ending his spell. His magic reserves were nearly gone now. "Thank you, Kali." The small house elf then magically wrapped bandages on his wounds. As soon as the bandages covered all of his deep lacerations, Snape quietly dressed.

In his mind, though, Snape was anything but quiet. You foolish witch, he snarled in his head. I can take care of myself. I do not need you trying to protect me while he—oh, you and I are so going to have a chat soon, Sinistra. I cannot believe how foolish you are. You're a Slytherin for Merlin's sake! How could you allow him to do that? Since when are you that weak! He glanced at Kali. "Take me to Albus." With a pop, he was gone.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2147