United Under One Banner by Lady Lanera
Summary: The Golden Trio with help from the Weasley Twins and others decide that in order to solve their Snape problem, they need to find Snape a witch. However, none of them could have imagined how their actions would affect Snape or that it would end up uniting the entire school.
*Told from various characters' pov
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Sinistra
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama, General, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Alcohol Use, Profanity, Romance/Het, Torture, Violence
Prompts: United to Arrange Snape's Soulmate
Challenges: United to Arrange Snape's Soulmate
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes Word count: 33805 Read: 54428 Published: 13 May 2010 Updated: 22 Jul 2010
We Need Some Slytherins by Lady Lanera

Harry walked down the lonely corridor, wondering if he had lost his mind. He couldn't believe he was heading towards the one place he knew was where all of his most adoring fans gathered. Closing his eyes before glancing at the portrait that guarded his fans' common room, he steeled himself up with plenty of courage. He knew he needed courage.

"What do you want, Gryffindor?" the man in the portrait snarled. "There isn't room in here for your kind."

"I wish to speak with Draco Malfoy." The man in the portrait immediately burst out laughing before shaking his head amusedly.

"Oh, of course, and I wish to speak with the Fat Lady," the man replied mockingly. "Out with it, Gryffindor; I don't have time for your idiocy."

"I wish to speak with Draco Malfoy," Harry repeated calmly.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't want to talk to you, Potter," a beefy Slytherin sneered, walking towards Harry.

"That's not up to you, Crabbe," Harry snapped back. "Now, where is he?"

"Oh, all right, Scarhead, what do you want?" the tall, blonde Slytherin drawled as he walked around the corner towards Harry. He walked haughtily, but his eyes were a bit more reserved.

"Giving up kind of easy today, are we, Draco?"

"Yeah, well, thanks to you and your little band of idiots we have to be extra careful. Now, what do you want, Potter? I don't have all the time in the world. Have to win the House Cup you know," Draco said with a huge grin. "Can't let your precious Gryffindors win it again, can I?"

"Let's just say that Gryffindor is focusing this year on more important things than the House Cup."

"Oh, is that right, Potter, and just what is this thing that is more important than that? Cause the way I hear it, Potter, McGonagall cries herself asleep, thinking about how we the true owners of the Cup are going to win it back from her."

"You wish, Malfoy," Harry replied with a hint of a growl. However, he quickly brushed his emotions off with a loud sigh. "Let's just say that the Gryffindors are united with the other Houses, and I'm here to extending an invitation to your House, Malfoy."

"Invitation to what, though, Potter?" he asked with a puzzled look.

"Well, the way I hear it, Malfoy, you had a slight issue the other day with Snape. Something about he started snarling at you for being out late with a certain student in the Astronomy Tower," Harry said with a smirk. He knew he had Draco. "Rumor has it that you're the reason that Slytherin lost over two thousand points." He watched the pale Slytherin turn several shades darker. "Let's just say that the Houses think that we all need to unite to take care of our current problem, which appears to be the same problem as you're having, Malfoy. It must really suck when your own Head of House takes points from you."

"What the hell are you talking about, Potter? Just what problem are you talking about here?"

"Our bat problem," Harry replied instantly. He watched the understanding filter into the Slytherin's gray eyes. "So, how about it, Malfoy?" he asked. "Are you with us or against us?"

"Just how are you going to go about this bat problem? Because the way I see it, we have a bigger toad problem than bat this year," Draco said emotionlessly. He wore an amazing poker face as he spoke.

"Well, according to Hermione, sometimes in the wild, animals get cranky when they haven't mated in awhile, so we're going to try to set bat up with someone."

"Oh, dear Merlin, please tell me you idiots didn't try to set him up with toad," Draco drawled.

"Not even close," Harry replied. "We were thinking more along the lines of Sinistra. She's semi-scary when she wants to be. She's a Slytherin alumna, and she has anger issues."

"She's with that Auror, though. How are you going to get her to leave that idiot?"

"Supposedly, that's the easy part, Draco. So . . . are you in or not?"

"If I joined your stupid little group, it'd hurt my reputation. I mean, me associating with known morons, and for what really. It seems to me to be a stupid move on my part." Draco then sighed heavily. "What's in it for me, Potter? What do we get out of this? Because frankly it seems like it'd be another 'gang up on the Slytherins' group, and you've already got your band of little rejects for that."

"We thought we'd hit this snag," Harry said with a soft laugh. "The group would be led by four people, one from each House. Your House would choose its representative, and that person would assign the duties to your members of your House. That way Gryffindors aren't giving orders to Slytherins or vice versa. However, the four leaders would ensure each day that each House still focused on our goal. I'd think this would be a no-brainer for you, Malfoy. You always wanted more power. Now is your chance."

"Yeah, but what's this goal you're talking about, though? I mean, are we helping Snape get lucky, or is there more to this then that?"

"Our main goal is to get him a witch whom he focuses all his attention on. We want him in a relationship, and if that ends in marriage, well, the better for us then." Harry then folded his arms. "So what do you say, Malfoy? Are you in or not?"

"We should tell Snape what they're planning," Crabbe whispered in Draco's ear. "Bet he'd—"

"Take more points from us for associating with those losers," Draco muttered. He sighed as he stared at Harry for a few moments. He weighed the pros and cons of his decision like any good Slytherin would. The decision didn't take very long, though. It was a win-win situation in his mind. However, Draco didn't want to seem too eager to want to work with a Gryffindor.

"Okay then, well, I'll take my business elsewhere," Harry said before turning to walk back up the steps.

"No, wait," Draco called out. He groaned when Harry turned back around with a smirk. "Oh, shut up, Potter. Fine, I'll join your stupid group of rejects. You do know that if he finds out that he'll kill us all, right? Hell, if any professors find out, we won't last a second."

"Don't worry, Malfoy. We already have Dumbledore, McGonagall, Vector, and we recently just acquired Flitwick." Harry nearly laughed when he saw Draco's eyes widen. "Yeah, we've been somewhat busy past few days with recruiting."

"And it took you this long to come down here and ask us?"

"Well, I couldn't have just waltzed down here when Snape was around, could I, Draco?" Harry then smiled and shook his head. "First meeting is tomorrow night at nine. I'm sure you and your group have followed my group up to the seventh floor plenty of times so I'm assuming that you can find your way up there tomorrow. Or should I draw you a map, Malfoy?"

"Only if it's to your grave, Potter," Draco sneered with a hidden smirk.

Harry only nodded, though, as he watched Draco leave. That had gone better than he had thought.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2147