Adventures After Babysitting by hpfanficfan
Summary: Snape spent a month looking after baby Harry. But now, Harry is back to his 15 year old self. Will life ever be the same again? Sequel to Adventures in Babysitting.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Fred George, Hermione, McGonagall, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: Canon Snape, Snape Comforts, Snape is Depressed, Snape is Kind, Snape is Stern
Genres: Drama, General, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Amnesia, Deaged!Harry, Hospitalization, Injured!Harry
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 21205 Read: 43844 Published: 15 May 2010 Updated: 30 Jun 2014
Epilogue by hpfanficfan

“Hey Severus!”

“Don’t hey me, young man. How many times do I have to tell you to use proper linguistics?  You are not some hooligan so do not talk like one.”

“Yes, Severus,” Harry said passively.

“What is it that you wanted?”

“I was cleaning out the attic and I found this,” said Harry, showing him an old stuffed bear. Harry was excited when he found it.  The 23 year old couldn’t believe he still had that old thing. That Severus kept it all these years?

“What is this thing?”

“Don’t you remember?”

Severus narrowed his eyes as he took the toy from Harry hands and held it between two fingers.  The toy was dirty and torn, with bits of stuffing coming out of one ear.  It looked like something a dog had gnawed on.  Harry smile as recognition dawn on Severus and his eyes grow wider.

“This…where did you find it,” Severus asked now holding the teddy fondly in his palm.

“In a box of my old things, in the attic,” Harry told him. “You remember now?”

“Yes, I remember,” Severus said softly.

“I think I’m going to give this to James, he’ll love it,”  Harry chatted. James was born a little over a year ago and Severus has been giving him all sorts of ‘tips’ of how to properly care for the new baby. As if he knew any more than him or Ginny when it came to the baby.

“In this state?” Severus gasped. “The child will catch a disease from this thing if you give to him.”

“Of course not,” Harry said. “I’m not stupid. I’ll have it disinfected and repaired. I know what I’m doing, Severus.”

Severus scoffed, thought there was no digression in his voice. “Not very likely.”

Harry resisted the urge to roll his eyes in fear of Severus whacking him upside the head.  Severus did it anyway.

“Ow, Severus!”

“That did not hurt one bit,”  Severus harrumphed and pointed a finger at Harry. “And don’t you try to hide it.  I knew you were rolling your eyes.  Is that what you are going to teach James when he is growing up? To roll his eyes at people?”

“What? No,” Harry went on the defensive. “And I was not rolling my eyes.”

“But you were thinking it, Harry.”

Harry exhaled louder than was necessary, feeling annoyed that Severus could reading him like a book. “Okay, okay, I’m sorry. Need help unpacking?”

Then the young man heard Severus heave out a great sigh and all his sternness evaporated. “If you would, thank you. It’s good to be home, Harry.” 

Severus was still Potions Master and Slytherin Head of House.  He moved me into Harry family manor at the end of fifth year.  On Harry’s wedding day, he gave Harry an envelope which contained the deed to the property.  He said that if Harry didn’t accept the house, he was going to leave it to Draco Malfoy.  Harry signed the deed.

School was out for the summer and the seasoned Potions Master had only been home a few hours.  Harry wondered if he should give his old professor a day to settle down before he asked him…”  He hand been planning a weekend getaway with Ginny and were hoping that it’d be just them.

“Hey Severus?” Harry started to ask as I help him unpack his luggage.

Harry heard a huff of frustration and resignation, as if the older man knew what was going to be asked of him.

“What is it now?” Severus answered in a silky voice.

Harry looked up at him hopefully.

“Um, do you mind babysitting James for the weekend?”

 

 

The End.
End Notes:
Great Scott! It's finally done! Thank you for everyone who has reviewed and read my story.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=2149